Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DariusLikewise posted:

He was the defensive pass game coordinator with the Rams. Basically the guy that decides what coverages they are playing week to week.

Ah that makes more sense than what I was thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I think he could convince some people that he was never given a good QB situation and had the team competitive every year taking an option off of the scrapheap every year. I'm not saying he'd be right, but I've seen worse coaches get hired as an HC somewhere else the next year more times than I can count.

I mean, I like Reich. But he was totally lost this season. Part of it was the trash offensive line, but he has to take responsibility for playing bad players every game and for the collapse at the end of last year. His playcalling this year was really bad. I think for his own sake he shouldn't go right back into head coaching and work on getting his creativity in gameplanning back.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Shane Waldron was with McVay going back to Washington and is currently making Geno Smith look like an NFL caliber QB, he might get some interest.

It'd be pretty sad as a Seahawks fan if that happens since it feels like he's the successor for Pete, but I also don't see Pete retiring in less than 3 years so Waldron might get his shot earlier (and would have earned it).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Codependent Poster posted:

I mean, I like Reich. But he was totally lost this season. Part of it was the trash offensive line, but he has to take responsibility for playing bad players every game and for the collapse at the end of last year. His playcalling this year was really bad. I think for his own sake he shouldn't go right back into head coaching and work on getting his creativity in gameplanning back.
Oh absolutely, I completely agree with you. But then there are guys like Adam Gase and Chip Kelly that got jobs the next year after completely making GBS threads themselves and getting fired. Reich obviously had issues, especially this year, but I think he's a better coach than either of those guys.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Rich Bisaccia has to be getting looks in the offseason, right?

It took until the 10th game of the season for Bisaccia (and LaFleur) to finally bench the player who has fumbled multiple punt/kick returns.

The Packers special teams are now merely bad instead of historically terrible but I don't think that's an endorsement of Bisaccia.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Learning from your mistakes is a sign of weak character. Give me the iron willed Billicks and Gases of the world who never learn a thing.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Learning from your mistakes is a sign of weak character. Give me the iron willed Billicks and Gases of the world who never learn a thing.

This is the way :hai:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I would love to have Gase as the Pats OC right now

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Let's not go too far.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Let's not go too far.

there is absolutely no way he would be worse

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there is absolutely no way he would be worse

:wrong:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Gase is unquestionably a better OC than Matt Patricia. That isn't an endorsement of Gase being GOOD, Patricia is just that bad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Gase is a better OC and HC and person than Patricia

When the bar is in hell, etc etc

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Ben Johnson is the next big upcoming OC I think.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Gase isn't very good but we have Matt loving Patricia as our OC dude

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Gase isn't very good but we have Matt loving Patricia as our OC dude

I am aware, and you are still wrong. It can always get worse.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it's hilarious that the Jets had a front row seat to the incompetence of Adam Gase in Miami and decided, "actually he's good and we're hiring him to coach our team"

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Gase was so bad that he has given multiple teams way too much hope in grabbing former 1st round QBs off the trash pile and thinking the problem was the coaching was the problem.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I would love to have Gase as the Pats OC right now

Why do people still think it matters who the assistant coaches on the Patriots are as long as Bill is there?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

mcmagic posted:

Why do people still think it matters who the assistant coaches on the Patriots are as long as Bill is there?

I think they'd be better on offense this year if it was McDaniels rather than pencil and Joe Judge :shrug:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Ehud posted:

I think they'd be better on offense this year if it was McDaniels rather than pencil and Joe Judge :shrug:

The fact that they have 5 wins with their level of talent is literal witchcraft. They would be 1-9 with a replacement level HC.

Nov 6, 2002

mcmagic posted:

Bill was never in charge of the offense, ever. It was always McDaniels' and Brady's baby. Bill may have made the big decisions during games, but he was never calling plays. Even on that infamous 4th and 2 call from their own 28 yard line against the Colts, when Belichick decided to go for it, Brady had to explain to him what play they were going to run. Belichick decides the composition of the offense, and the strategic direction they're going to take, but he's not a playcaller.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't think you can really compare head coaching performance to coordinator performance. Fangio was an all-star coordinator and forgettable as a head coach.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Josh McDaniels is a very good offensive coordinator that only the most brokebrained of Pats fans would argue with. He is abject garbage as a head coach though and should be given no control other then how to draw fancy option route trees.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

syzpid posted:

Gase was so bad that he has given multiple teams way too much hope in grabbing former 1st round QBs off the trash pile and thinking the problem was the coaching was the problem.

But doesn’t that imply the coaching…wasn’t the problem?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

The fact that they have 5 wins with their level of talent is literal witchcraft. They would be 1-9 with a replacement level HC.

its absurd. his ability to make other teams entirely self destruct while the pats limp around the field defies belief.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Cross posting from the NFC West thread.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Nervous posted:

Cross posting from the NFC West thread.

No one named Schottenheimer should ever be involved with football offense in any way.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Schotty was the OC when the “Let Russ Cook” thing took off and when Russ had his most prolific period ever as a passer so I’m going to choose to believe this is true because it further confirms that Russ is a raging egomaniac who only cares about padding his stats.

Also, Russ is a bigger distraction and locker room cancer than Kaep ever was.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I believe that’s 100% accurate :hmmyes:

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

Kalli posted:

Josh McDaniels is a very good offensive coordinator that only the most brokebrained of Pats fans would argue with. He is abject garbage as a head coach though and should be given no control other then how to draw fancy option route trees.

How many 4th quarter leads have the Raiders given up this year? I mean, can you pin it all on the offense or is it just a poo poo show in Vegas?

Nov 6, 2002

Apparently you can pin it all on the refs.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

trilljester posted:

How many 4th quarter leads have the Raiders given up this year? I mean, can you pin it all on the offense or is it just a poo poo show in Vegas?

I think the Ryan run really highlights how consistently gassed the defense is going into the second half every game. It wouldn't shock me if McDaniels is driving them out to the open desert to practice or some such nonsense in the name of toughening them up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Titans would be undefeated if it weren't for the refs (and also the offense being bad in the games they lost (and the offense being bad in the games they won didn't help either)).

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Black Lighter posted:

I think the Ryan run really highlights how consistently gassed the defense is going into the second half every game. It wouldn't shock me if McDaniels is driving them out to the open desert to practice or some such nonsense in the name of toughening them up.
Yeah I've wondered why the collapse in the second half and I have to wonder if like... the offense is too up tempo or inconsistent such that the defense is really tired midway through the 3rd quarter then they blow the lead get hosed by the refs.

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I've never set foot in a NFL locker room, and I'm a bigger distraction and locker room cancer than Kaep ever was.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

The Broncos would be undefeated if it weren't for the dang Russerees

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Yeah I've wondered why the collapse in the second half and I have to wonder if like... the offense is too up tempo or inconsistent such that the defense is really tired midway through the 3rd quarter then they blow the lead get hosed by the refs.

Without looking anything up I’d guess it’s because the defense is always in the middle of an extended 8-12 play drive because they rarely stop the opposing offense and almost never force turnovers. I believe they’re at six for the year in forced turnovers. I’m curious where the LV offense sits compared to the rest of the nfl in total drives, because I’d wager they’re near the bottom as a result. e: I looked up offensive possessions per game and they’re pretty much right in the middle so I was wrong on that one. But they’re like 26th this year in total offensive plays per game.

Highbrow Slick fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 16, 2022

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

trilljester posted:

The defense has been really bad. The offense hasn't been a problem.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Apparently you can pin it all on the refs.

Also this. This wasn't called DPI for instance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRYsGlEGPds&t=721s

The play before was even more blatant DPI that didn't get called.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yes, the conspiracy of International Refery is why the Raiders have been mostly crap for the last 20 years.