Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Ended up going 3-5 to finish the phantom event, the last game ended well though

That crown is super annoying! Battlefield Butcher seems good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lone Goat posted:

image not loading

https://sealeddeck.tech/gsuOTvCAlw

Grixis splashing green? Idk wtf

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This is my real pool so I should probably pay a bit more attention lol

Full pool: https://sealeddeck.tech/N34l9B8ByP

I think I am enabling "leaves the graveyard" and "draw second card" all right. I need a couple more cuts, though. Ramos doesn't seem the best in here but a flier that grows seems good enough? Maybe a couple of the trinkets? Dredging Claw might be redundant if my early aggression is with Crowned Storneseekers, I guess

Edit: oh there's an evolving wilds, should probably play that.

Probably cutting skullflayer and soul-guide lantern

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 15, 2022

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Maybe this is just me being me, but that's a RG beatdown deck.

Deck
1 Evolving Wilds (BRO) 261
8 Forest (BRO) 276
8 Mountain (BRO) 274
1 Giant Growth (BRO) 183
1 Obliterating Bolt (BRO) 145
1 Hajar, Loyal Bodyguard (BRO) 211
1 Whirling Strike (BRO) 157
1 Roc Hunter (BRO) 150
1 Tomakul Honor Guard (BRO) 195
1 Epic Confrontation (BRO) 176
2 Blanchwood Prowler (BRO) 172
1 Argothian Sprite (BRO) 168
1 Scrapwork Mutt (BRO) 164
2 Excavation Explosion (BRO) 132
1 Burrowing Razormaw (BRO) 173
2 Foundry Inspector (BRR) 16
1 Tower Worker (BRO) 255
1 Visions of Phyrexia (BRO) 156
1 Mishra's Onslaught (BRO) 143
1 Obstinate Baloth (BRO) 187
1 Precursor Golem (BRR) 42
1 Rust Goliath (BRO) 204
1 Sarinth Greatwurm (BRO) 220

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
^ this also looks rather sweet
https://sealeddeck.tech/EaBIOIotjn

I like the Dimir core. Yeah, you're losing a lot of your gold card power, but this seems really consistent to me.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

By the way, I opened this pool: https://sealeddeck.tech/8mFudmoT9Z in the MWM event, and went 3-0 with a really stupid build:

I wanted to try if almost mono-red works. It apparently did, though admittedly my opponents played really stupidly (one wasted two removal spells on the same Scrapwork Rager. Yes, they destroyed the unearthed version; another paid for the 6-mana-effect on In The Trenches...but didn't have the 4 extra for Su-Chi's ward, so, whoops).

Take home messages:
- being aggro and just winning before they reach 7+ mana can definitely work
- Strongbull is real, a strong bull, and my friend
- I did get to do threaten + sac...but would have won anyway. Still!
- Mite can remove Prison Sentence. Take note, first opp who ran right into that. Clutch single forest + two wilds!
- Draconic Destiny is stupid
- even with this manabase, Cliffstomper ended up dead in the game I drew it (I had 2/2/1 mana, which is great so I could cast anything, but ya know, not for that guy)
- I really liked a trick war I had with my playing Whirling Strike, they did too, then I Remorsed their creature, and because Strike gives Trample, they ate a lot of poo poo
- Su-Chi Cave Guard is insane
- Scrapwork Mutt is super good, either it stops you from flooding, or it discards a high cost thing you'll never get to cast before you die so you can draw that third land you really need

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Hmm... I do have 3 Mightstone's Animation... what if I ditched red and played blue, animate my Howling Mine into a 4/4 that only draws cards for me...

I was gonna preface this with "comedy option" but where else would I do this except Sealed

Edit: honestly i probably should just play Howling Mine regardless? Even with the symmetrical effect, it permanently turns on Gurgling Anointer and Trench Stalker which seems good

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 15, 2022

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

This tickled me, so I wanted to see if Soldiers would work:

Idk. Maybe?

This is fun!

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Huxley posted:

Maybe this is just me being me, but that's a RG beatdown deck.

Deck
1 Evolving Wilds (BRO) 261
8 Forest (BRO) 276
8 Mountain (BRO) 274
1 Giant Growth (BRO) 183
1 Obliterating Bolt (BRO) 145
1 Hajar, Loyal Bodyguard (BRO) 211
1 Whirling Strike (BRO) 157
1 Roc Hunter (BRO) 150
1 Tomakul Honor Guard (BRO) 195
1 Epic Confrontation (BRO) 176
2 Blanchwood Prowler (BRO) 172
1 Argothian Sprite (BRO) 168
1 Scrapwork Mutt (BRO) 164
2 Excavation Explosion (BRO) 132
1 Burrowing Razormaw (BRO) 173
2 Foundry Inspector (BRR) 16
1 Tower Worker (BRO) 255
1 Visions of Phyrexia (BRO) 156
1 Mishra's Onslaught (BRO) 143
1 Obstinate Baloth (BRO) 187
1 Precursor Golem (BRR) 42
1 Rust Goliath (BRO) 204
1 Sarinth Greatwurm (BRO) 220

Simply Simon posted:

^ this also looks rather sweet

https://sealeddeck.tech/EaBIOIotjn

I like the Dimir core. Yeah, you're losing a lot of your gold card power, but this seems really consistent to me.

Simply Simon posted:

This tickled me, so I wanted to see if Soldiers would work:

Idk. Maybe?

This is fun!

I will play a game with all three of these decks lmao

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Boy, that was a miserable draft run, just absolutely hosed by the shuffler

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Well, I've ramped a bunch. Cast various artifacts for 8-10 mana. 2-6 through two drafts.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
in exchange for getting a box full of dogwater at my paper prerelease, i received a free trophy for my first arena sealed.

https://sealeddeck.tech/QWvDYyCWNj

skystrike officer is disgusting in limited. two skystrike officers is dumb. deck was not strictly optimized but it did not matter much. the WR signpost is especially silly when you get to pump for every skystrike token.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Simply Simon posted:

By the way, I opened this pool: https://sealeddeck.tech/8mFudmoT9Z in the MWM event, and went 3-0 with a really stupid build:

played two more, won two more. The bull is stupid. First game, I got to pull of the threaten + make powerstone + sac their thing after attacking thing, I was at 22 and they were at 8, then I slammed a Bladecoil for RRRRBB and they immediately conceded. Second game I could just keep attacking with utter impunity, threatening sacs all the time, then I played the Su-Chi, sac'd that, got 8 mana, and sac'd the rest of my board to immediately win with them at 6 at the start of the turn.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

7-2 in my first draft! :toot:

2 Phyrexian Dragon Engine's and 4 recommissions let me discard and draw 3 a lot. It was great.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I have officially won a game with howling mine, unstoppable strategy

Edit: for real though transmogrant's crown seems amazing so far, playing with and against it

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 15, 2022

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Has anyone managed to get a win with Door to Nothingness in draft yet?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
https://sealeddeck.tech/qtg1glkKNR

my phantom sealed pool was this, tried to make the uw soldiers work for 4 games (2 of which i won to instant concede & timeout, 2 of which it just fuckin floundered helplessly) then swapped to a GB deck which managed to power out a full scale iron-craw crusher on turn 5 which proceeded to completely shut the game down for the other player.
i misread that card completely and thought it only doubled itself, being able to turn eg a blanchwood prowler into a 5/1 or 6/2 while also having a 4/6 attacking lets you force damage through while also making the other player take bad trades

for people worried about instability when drafting/playing sealed games i will 100% echo what was said earlier, they will refund for just about anything. i had one DMU draft where my router reset itself mid-draft and i had to scramble to finish on my phone, was completely upfront in the support ticket, and they still refunded me despite it being completely on my end

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I drafted new skullclamp 5th (????) and won 7 games

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Got 4/3 in my sealed pool with this: https://www.17lands.com/deck/2a31182d918a496491fa998b050e4e4c

Not sad about my losses particularly, and pretty happy with how the deck played in the end.

In the midweek event I had a red/white aggro deck and had a couple of people just immediately resign when I played Visions of Phyrexia, which is a very strong card it seems.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
Just had a 2-0 Trad Draft with a fun monoblack deck end in two absolute nongames because of Surge Engine. I don't know who on R&D thought blue needed a card that can easily solo games for minimal investment if you don't have an immediate answer. Guy just mulliganed hard for it and got it down on 2 both games, and because I didn't have a Disfigure on turn 3 he just smorced me down with it. Really not fun play pattern.

Today's just been a rough start in general. The set feels really bomby and it's easy for games to just turn into games of Uno as you figure out who has the most value in their deck. Really disheartening poo poo

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Trophied 7-2 on my first draft with mono red splash blue. I know things are skewed because the set just dropped, and I've never drafted a set earlier than a week or two out from launch - but it feels great to trophy! I didn't get one for the entirety of DMU, lol.

Playing a ton of two drops and removal did the job. Got passed so much red, including 4 Excavation Explosion. My two rares, Tyrant and Visions of Phyrexia, both felt strong in this build. Phyrexia won a game or two by pushing me over the line, Tyrant is just a bomb. Anyone else having mono red success?

Edit: The blue splash seems super janky now that I look at it. I probably could have just ran mono-red and put in two slightly weaker cards, for a stronger deck overall, or put in three and run 16 mountains.

Flutch fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 15, 2022

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
Grixis is looking mighty powerful this go around. I just trophied by riding 3x sibling rivalry and one of every sac engine I could find, and it's insanely good this set. Everyones got big creatures, there's a ton of good sac outlets, and there's an absolute ton of cantrips to play with.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
my sealed pool was fairly rear end but at least i got to do this

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Monastery Swiftspear is good, who knew.

Low to the ground monored spells/burn seems to have some amount of legs, I'm pleased to see. I tried initially with Fable in there but it's honestly just way too slow to get going for the game plan of murder their face in by turn 5. Yay, I got some sifting and a non-hasty 2/2 now the game is one way or the other over.

Trying out some different options but the core of swiftspear, kumano, blodthirsty adversary, lightning strike, play with fire, ancestral anger, and either thrill of possibility or bitter reunion and some rending flames for Shelly and Raffine seems very solid so far, and Electrostatic Infantry and Feldon are both also looking deece.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I just did someone dirty to go 7-1 with a soldier deck. End of turn paratrooper into a turn 5 land off the top to pump and hit for exact damage in the air. I haven't trophied in all my runs but it's the first time that I am up in gems. This may be my set even if I think things like sundering titan are a bit too bomby.

Ithle01
May 28, 2013
My first BRO draft I built a WG big creatures deck and drafted an altar of dementia. Got two wins with it, one was a mana screw blow out so that doesn't count, but the second game was against a mirror WG deck and we both built huge boards. Then I dropped the altar and threatened to one-turn mill the opponent for 25+ cards. Living the dream.

Steel Seraph was the real mvp though, now that's a good draft card.

edit: to be clear, I got two wins with the altar, the actual draft ended in a trophy but I'm in scrub tier right now and I have no idea what the hell I'm doing with this set.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Event #1 (Sealed)

https://www.17lands.com/details/e886aa66688c48968dfacd4946fab1ed

6-3

Got a bit too greedy with the last game and got blown out by the act of treason lol. Otherwise this felt like an extremely good deck. Thraxodemon into Transmogrant's Crown and Gurgling Anointer kept me in the driver's seat and the dragons were pretty good finishers. Howling Mine always seemed to help more than it hurt, especially one game where it made Anointer inevitable in the air

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I have played one game against triple Phyrexian Fleshgorger in standard and I’m already sick of it. So much text on that card. Of course black needed that loving creature.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

space uncle posted:

I have played one game against triple Phyrexian Fleshgorger in standard and I’m already sick of it. So much text on that card. Of course black needed that loving creature.

lol wow that's some stupid loving nonsense

I'll probably be crafting it after I'm done drafting

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Just tried to log in on PC for the first time since the set release and the client is unusably slow all of a sudden. I can't open the store or open the play menu without it grinding to a halt or crashing. Anyone else hitting this? Android client seems fine, but I really don't want to do drafting on my phone.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mainwaring posted:

Just tried to log in on PC for the first time since the set release and the client is unusably slow all of a sudden. I can't open the store or open the play menu without it grinding to a halt or crashing. Anyone else hitting this? Android client seems fine, but I really don't want to do drafting on my phone.

Some times the installer eats poo poo and the client runs really bad after an update, it happened to me before, full deletion and reinstallation sorted it out.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

protip: mentally replace "powerstone" with "..." because they don't do anything. You'll never have 2 on the board at once and you're not casting a 7 mana creature. That's not an option. Don't draft thinking you can, you won't.

Seriously.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

A Moose posted:

protip: mentally replace "powerstone" with "..." because they don't do anything. You'll never have 2 on the board at once and you're not casting a 7 mana creature. That's not an option. Don't draft thinking you can, you won't.

Seriously.

this is hilariously bad advice in even the few draft games i've played so far

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
LOL my boyfriend is pissed, he matched against CGB and lost because CGB already had all the rares from the new set and he didn’t.

Edit: he learned to play entirely from me and watching 1000+ hours of CGB so he definitely wanted to win, now I get to tease him about it forever

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 16, 2022

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

flatluigi posted:

this is hilariously bad advice in even the few draft games i've played so far

there's SO MUCH you can't use them for though. I've always wished my cards cost 1 less and didn't make powerstones. Just play normal creatures and turn them sideways.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

A Moose posted:

Seriously.

Praying to the arena gods and RNGesus to sit beside this guy every draft

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You know what card I am really missing? An instant that turns creatures into 1/1s with no abilities.

edit: .... cool.

Shame it's phantom, but I'll have fun as long as it's there.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 16, 2022

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Lone Goat posted:

Some times the installer eats poo poo and the client runs really bad after an update, it happened to me before, full deletion and reinstallation sorted it out.

Yup this fixed it, bit annoying but alas

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Just won a game by using Hurkyl's Final Meditation to bounce someone's Platinum Angel while they were at -4 life.

BRO good.

edit: the pool, if you're curious: https://sealeddeck.tech/LaJ9hFQXqA

Technowolf fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 16, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

A Moose posted:

there's SO MUCH you can't use them for though. I've always wished my cards cost 1 less and didn't make powerstones. Just play normal creatures and turn them sideways.

I didn't play any big monsters in my sealed deck but even just being able to cast spells while holding up activated abilities felt like a real enabler