Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Blackula Vs. Tarantula posted:

A long time ago I got into an argument with a biblical literalist. I asked how everything in the bible could be literally true, since the Bible describes grasshopper, crickets, and locusts as walking on 4 legs when they clearly walk on 6 legs. They explained to me that obviously the people who wrote the Bible knew how many legs a cricket had, but crickets walk with only their front 4 legs, their rearmost legs are used only for jumping

Obviously if they walk on 6 legs that means they walk on 4 legs + 2 legs idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

some plague rats posted:

Just to be clear this thread is for posting other people's idiotic made-up social media stories, not writing your own, so please do not do that
Literally just found out the star next to your name doesn't mean you're a mod like I always thought it did

E: posting this in case you were confused by it too

Vib Rib has a new favorite as of 01:33 on Nov 16, 2022

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think SPL is an IK, so they get buttons but I think only can give 6s, and they can't view reports.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Just FYI the Storm is going to be tonight, apparently. For real this time. We mean it.

Every QAnoner I've seen so far has been going "there's no way he's just announcing his 2024 run, that would be stupid. Instead he's going to walk Nancy Pelosi and Joe Biden out in manacles." With a campaign announcement (or even less) being the most likely it really feels like they're trying to disavow him in advance. But there's now also a lot of backlash to that sentiment, people calling it a left wing psyop to split Trump's base from him, and how they'll stick to him "till their dying breath".
Buckle up Buttercup!

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think SPL is an IK, so they get buttons but I think only can give 6s, and they can't view reports.
Does that count as mod sass then, am I in probe limbo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mod sass is not actionable so long as it's funny

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

An interesting steam review. It's worth noting this isn't a game with 'floaty' controls, and most people have instead commented the game is incredibly responsive.
The person's complaint is literally just they don't like the 'realism' of a glide mechanic or movement pausing for mid jump attacks. Also of note this is a metroidvania,
a genre known for ultra-realism in movement. I also think they're supposed to be referring to SMB2/Peach's controls, not SMB1.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

iwentdoodie posted:

A Nissan nissan?

Yeah.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

some plague rats posted:

Oh god do not start doing mask chat in here. Get the covid posting back to it's containment zones

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Coolness Averted posted:

An interesting steam review. It's worth noting this isn't a game with 'floaty' controls, and most people have instead commented the game is incredibly responsive.
The person's complaint is literally just they don't like the 'realism' of a glide mechanic or movement pausing for mid jump attacks. Also of note this is a metroidvania,
a genre known for ultra-realism in movement. I also think they're supposed to be referring to SMB2/Peach's controls, not SMB1.

What game is this?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Coolness Averted posted:

"Please fix it" like it's just an overlooked bug and not something the entire game has to be balanced around. It's never "can you change this" with commentary like this, always the thing I don't like is a mistake and must be mended.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Mod sass is not actionable so long as it's funny
Oh gently caress I'm in trouble then

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

hallo spacedog posted:

What game is this?

Sundered -a game I have not played, for the record. It came up recommended to me and that review just stood out. Even the other negative reviews tended to acknowledge the controls were good, but this person decided something not to their taste was a mechanical flaw or bug.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

BioEnchanted posted:

The plague of locusts hits Egypt, destroying the crops. Pharoah puts on a bib. "Oh really? Two can play at THAT game."

This reads like something Terry Pratchett might’ve written up, i lol’d.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Heath posted:

Obviously if they walk on 6 legs that means they walk on 4 legs + 2 legs idiot

That actually makes more sense than what they said

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BigglesSWE posted:

This reads like something Terry Pratchett might’ve written up, i lol’d.

Pyramids does have the Plague of Frog. Was just the one frog, but a big one, and it got into the vents and croaked real loud all night.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

some plague rats posted:

Just to be clear this thread is for posting other people's idiotic made-up social media stories, not writing your own, so please do not do that

You can tell it's real because I realized the conversation was pointless and walked away instead of prompting applause with a witty comeback

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

some plague rats posted:

Sorry your family doesn't call anymore :(

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Trump just announced he's running for President in 2024, which is, apparently, the last thing a sizeable portion of his base wanted to hear. Everyone was prepped for The Storm to finally hit and now they're tearing their hair out about how this is him validating and conceding the results of the 2020 and 2022 elections. Everyone is disaffected. Saw a poll on Reddit about "what do you think he's going to announce tonight" and 2024 candidacy was the 4th lowest option, narrowly beating out Trump TV, the MAGA Political Party, and his attempt to run for Speaker of the House. Top guesses were martial law/military coup, direct incitement for revolution, and irrefutable proof of 2020 election fraud as documented by SPACE FORCE.
Never thought I'd be so looking forward to hearing him announce his run.

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
He was president for four years. He had four years to drop "the kraken", and he didn't. Why do they still believe in him?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Nebrilos posted:

He was president for four years. He had four years to drop "the kraken", and he didn't. Why do they still believe in him?

it's like one of those hollywood movies, you have to release it at the right time for the best pay off, obviously

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!
It's like the doomsday cults where every time the world doesn't end they're just like "no we just got the date wrong, it'll be in 3 months!"

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Trump just announced he's running for President in 2024, which is, apparently, the last thing a sizeable portion of his base wanted to hear. Everyone was prepped for The Storm to finally hit and now they're tearing their hair out about how this is him validating and conceding the results of the 2020 and 2022 elections. Everyone is disaffected. Saw a poll on Reddit about "what do you think he's going to announce tonight" and 2024 candidacy was the 4th lowest option, narrowly beating out Trump TV, the MAGA Political Party, and his attempt to run for Speaker of the House. Top guesses were martial law/military coup, direct incitement for revolution, and irrefutable proof of 2020 election fraud as documented by SPACE FORCE.
Never thought I'd be so looking forward to hearing him announce his run.

...Run for speaker of the house?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nebrilos posted:

deep state conspiracy, needs more president to fix

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Henchman of Santa posted:

The speaker of the House doesn't necessarily need to be a member of the House of Representatives, even though it's worked out that way for every speaker so far.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Republicans were apparently batting that idea around a few days ago, entirely because of the Twitter meltdowns it would get from libs. First I heard of it was through Beau of the Fifth Column's video breaking down all the ways it would backfire for them if they tried it.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

https://kotaku.com/uk-britain-treasury-discord-government-bullied-tories-1849787589

:allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Dabir posted:

Republicans were apparently batting that idea around a few days ago, entirely because of the Twitter meltdowns it would get from libs. First I heard of it was through Beau of the Fifth Column's video breaking down all the ways it would backfire for them if they tried it.

I think the actual work that it would require made it an instant disqualification for him.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

bobjr posted:

I think the actual work that it would require made it an instant disqualification for him.

Yeah, the announcement would produce some amazing content, but there's no way Trump would sign on for sitting around for boring procedural stuff.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

bobjr posted:

Yeah, that was the first point Beau made.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Vib Rib posted:

Literally just found out the star next to your name doesn't mean you're a mod like I always thought it did

E: posting this in case you were confused by it too

What uh. what do you think it means

Wait what did you think I thought it meant

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

some plague rats posted:

What uh. what do you think it means

Wait what did you think I thought it meant

That you paid 8 bucks

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Its not Rob.
https://twitter.com/robrousseau/status/1592556527612989440

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Buddy messed up. The punchline is supposed to be "yeh, he fell from the guard tower and died"

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
My own grandfather did time in a POW camp for being on the wrong side of that war and he spent the rest of his life denouncing the Nazis.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Bargearse posted:

My own grandfather did time in a POW camp for being on the wrong side of that war and he spent the rest of his life denouncing the Nazis.

Right, there's a lot of people who fought for the Wehrmacht and didn't have a choice in the matter, but it's not something you brag about your family doing when criticizing communism.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

My grandfather fought for the right side!...

Then went to suppress some colonies :negative:

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Skwirl posted:

Right, there's a lot of people who fought for the Wehrmacht and didn't have a choice in the matter, but it's not something you brag about your family doing when criticizing communism.

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at but it’s late here, I’m tired, and I guess I wasn’t making my point well.

edit: I have a whole shoebox full of his photos from the war, I really should see if the War Memorial wants them.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bargearse posted:

edit: I have a whole shoebox full of his photos from the war, I really should see if the War Memorial wants them.
I read this as "his posts from the war" and had an elaborate mental image of sending posts home from the front

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
It's going to blow you away when you learn what non-US countries call mail

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"No I haven't read Marx, but my grandpa was a Nazi, so I think I know what I'm talking about."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It’s also weird in that even if he was a soldier just being a soldier…then that’s kind of what happens. All sides took POWs the soviets weren’t special in that