Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Valko posted:

Another thing about Fallout: NV.

I have met plenty of people who insist that Fallout 3 is a better game.

Yeah they're dumb liars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

anime is blood

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah they're dumb liars.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Yeah they're dumb liars.

That was one of the things I remember Mister Bibbs always going off about. He was weirdly insistent that Fallout 3 was the more correct portrayal of super mutants and was made that New Vegas made them more like they were in the first 2 games.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

rodbeard posted:

That was one of the things I remember Mister Bibbs always going off about. He was weirdly insistent that Fallout 3 was the more correct portrayal of super mutants and was made that New Vegas made them more like they were in the first 2 games.

MisterBibs believed popularity=quality. He was horribly incorrect.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

rodbeard posted:

mr bibbs told ropekid he made new vegas wrong lmao

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
firing up new vegas without any mods now in solidarity with myself in 2011 who only had it on xbox

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
About once a year I try to give NV another playthrough but after a few days I get distracted then don't look at it for weeks and have trouble remembering where I left off.

I think my last autosave was after I completed Dead Money and I was transferring all that sweet expensive loot to the Gun Runners.

That means if I load it up again I might find myself halfway through Old World Blues.

That also means that I'm now thinking of starting a fresh playthrough. I have done this dozens of times over the past 12 years.

Somebody who is funnier than me can make a "[something], [something] never changes." joke.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

The annual showcase from the Fallout 4 new vegas mod just happened a couple weeks back btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBKIsQE1QG4

https://twitter.com/Project_F4NV/status/1586196563873103872

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

sweet geek swag posted:

MisterBibs believed popularity=quality. He was horribly incorrect.

It was weirder than that. All his opinions seemed to work backwards from a small thing that he liked or disliked. He hated the cazadore thing obviously, and because he hated it that meant it was objectively bad game design, and because Obsidian designed it that meant they were an objectively bad developer, and because Bethesda was a rival (??) of Obsidian that meant they were on the correct side and thus were an objectively good developer.

If you ever pressed him on it he'd act like it was the most obvious conclusion you could come to, but he could never provide any more arguments or examples because he had none

just marvel at this quote:

MisterBibs posted:

It's interesting to note that Bethesda, the aforementioned developer who knows how make fun video games for people who like video games (and are better at franchises than their original developers), has zero design flaws on par with NV's Cazadore Valley.

not even Todd Howard would have the audacity to post this

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

mr bibs eat a hot dog

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
god check these posts out. try to guess the context before clicking

MisterBibs posted:

I think it's more like the modern "you need a valid ID to vote". It's a entirely trivial (and reasonable) level of security, but there's a boatload of :qq:y nonsense about how it's such a Horrible Thing.

MisterBibs posted:

So from this thread, things that are Totally Horrible Things For A Government To Dare Ask Their Citizens:

- Know one of the two presidents they've had
- Know the largest city in the Nation
- Know what the flag is
- To (usually freely) get a small slip of plastic designed to fit into a thing you keep your money in.

MisterBibs posted:

Thanks for proving my point, that rather than do something simple that a lot of people do (have an ID, be capable of basic testing), they spend the effort talking about why they shouldn't have to do it instead of doing the basic task.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Alaois posted:

mr bibs eat a hot dog

I loved the moments this got brought up in any random thread he posted in, and him acting that the poster is confused and it totally wasn't him that had it happen to.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Isn't MisterBibs the one who didn't understand the term "confirmed bachelor" too?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Isn't MisterBibs the one who didn't understand the term "confirmed bachelor" too?

naw it was bloody hedgehog lol

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
mr bibs was the one that got yelled at by rlm right

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fun hater posted:

mr bibs was the one that got yelled at by rlm right

yep

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drat bibs hasn't posted for over a year. the hotdogs got him in the end

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A hard thing to swallow.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WarpDogs posted:

It was weirder than that. All his opinions seemed to work backwards from a small thing that he liked or disliked. He hated the cazadore thing obviously, and because he hated it that meant it was objectively bad game design, and because Obsidian designed it that meant they were an objectively bad developer, and because Bethesda was a rival (??) of Obsidian that meant they were on the correct side and thus were an objectively good developer.

If you ever pressed him on it he'd act like it was the most obvious conclusion you could come to, but he could never provide any more arguments or examples because he had none

Bethesda kind of was a rival to obsidian lol. I can never find the interview but during the acquisition stuff someone went on record saying that Todd Howard personally intervened to prevent Obsidian getting any more spin off work and that he's been sore assed the last decade about New Vegas being the more popular and more discussed title lol. Makes sense. They spent a lot of time before FO3 came out gassing up how big of a fan Todd Howard and the team were personally of fallout and how they were going to Do It Right and then we got the wow cool power armor version of it.

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol

Heath posted:

I just started Kirby: Planet Robobot (which I had been calling "Robotot" forever because I had apparently been misreading the title) since I've had a copy on my shelf for like a year and hadn't gotten to it yet but I had heard it is a secret top tier Kirby game

So far I just got the mech suit and it kicks rear end

Kirby pwns

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

I’m going to hit him in the head with a baseball bat

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

I am enjoying this thread about a doughnut https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4012279

Odds are he's trolling but I don't think his behaviour is that far outside the norm, and people are offering interesting insights into baking and poo poo. I feel like part of the reason most cafes and restaurants fail - and it is very much a small part, but still *a* part - is cos only a loving fool would set up a cafe or restaurant

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Speaking of ropekid I started Pillars of Eternity last night and it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about RTWP combat these days though

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

Bethesda kind of was a rival to obsidian lol. I can never find the interview but during the acquisition stuff someone went on record saying that Todd Howard personally intervened to prevent Obsidian getting any more spin off work and that he's been sore assed the last decade about New Vegas being the more popular and more discussed title lol. Makes sense. They spent a lot of time before FO3 came out gassing up how big of a fan Todd Howard and the team were personally of fallout and how they were going to Do It Right and then we got the wow cool power armor version of it.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Speaking of ropekid I started Pillars of Eternity last night and it's pretty good. Not sure how I feel about RTWP combat these days though

Play turn-based.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Paladinus posted:

Play turn-based.

2 has a turn based mode but the first one doesn't

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Rationale posted:

Keep negging me there’s nothing I want more than goon approval

Doughnut Goon owns

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That's why I played Pillars 2 instead of the original tbh, not a good enough gamer for RTWP. Game owns though.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

gets kinda trivialised once you get the gun that fires acid bees though.
Hi, yes. Is this the posting awards committee?
Please see consider the above for the category of "Best quote for reading devoid of all context."

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bibs is one of the two or three posters I put on ignore. i don't really read usernames sometimes when im just scrolling thru a thread and so id end up reading halfway though his posts and every time it was like realizing i stepped in dogshit

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Pablo Nergigante posted:

2 has a turn based mode but the first one doesn't

It does. You just need to install a mod for it.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Paladinus posted:

Play turn-based.

Do not

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fallout new vegas is good, one of the best games ever made. and the best part about it? its a video game

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

fallout new vegas is good, one of the best games ever made. and the best part about it? its a video game

:Hesrightyouknow:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
How is that not a emote

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
the only bad thing about fallout new vegas is if you haven't played it yet

unmodded it is still the best modernish fallout game

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

the only bad thing about fallout new vegas is if you haven't played it yet

unmodded it is still the best modernish fallout game

Was the Wasteland reboot any good? The dos game actually kind of kicked rear end.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Which Yakuza game has Virtual On in the arcades? Virtual On was so drat good

Dewgy posted:

Yakuza Kiwami 2.

I never fished 0 but now I want to play Yakuza kiwami 2

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the great thing is, you can! it's on gamepass, and it's got an optional bit at the start of the game that catches you up to speed on the plot of kiwami 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

DaysBefore posted:

Doughnut Goon owns

lmao I love him