Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

yeah so i'm over the 65% threshold but don't see the mark on the barrel

i think it's also at least 100 games played with the tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

How have I not been playing more TVP T50/51? This thing is insanely good. It can snipe, it can clip out motherfuckers.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

How have I not been playing more TVP T50/51? This thing is insanely good. It can snipe, it can clip out motherfuckers.

The T9 and T10 of that line is awesome. They seriously are among the tanks I have the most fun with. The T6 is amazing as well if you have not played it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

The T9 and T10 of that line is awesome. They seriously are among the tanks I have the most fun with. The T6 is amazing as well if you have not played it.

Oh yeah, the T6 was a perma-keeper, even after the nerfs. I quite liked the T9 and T10 as well but they never clicked for me. Well the T10 did tonight.

e: also Cobra Commander is the best commander in the game. Him screeching COOOBRAAAAAA when you kill someone will never get old.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 14, 2022

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

COOOBRAAA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYn_Keyq67A

E: should've been more aggressive in the game, but I'm still trying to balance aggression with overextending and dying after hitting one shot.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 14, 2022

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Large Testicles posted:

i think it's also at least 100 games played with the tank

the issue is that im a dumbo and that it's not the little bands around the barrel, but a star

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

the issue is that im a dumbo and that it's not the little bands around the barrel, but a star

It varies from nation to nation. I think there's also mods that unify the styles in case you want German style bands or whatever.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

UK tier 8 premiums are universally garbage. Not enough damage to make enemies back off, not enough DPM to burn them down, not enough armour to reliably block shots, not enough speed to escape. :sigh:

The highlight is probably the Gonsalo.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I thought I had heard the turtle was decent. Perhaps not ts5 decent, but fairly solid.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

I thought I had heard the turtle was decent. Perhaps not ts5 decent, but fairly solid.

Nahh the lower plate is cream cheese, and the upper plate is 50/50 against a decent tier 8's cheap ammo.
The armor works as a hull down pillbox at medium range, but good luck with those slow 0.35 accuracy low pen shells.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

McGavin posted:

UK tier 8 premiums are universally garbage. Not enough damage to make enemies back off, not enough DPM to burn them down, not enough armour to reliably block shots, not enough speed to escape. :sigh:

The highlight is probably the Gonsalo.

have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, the GSOR 1008?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

https://i.imgur.com/HsXqjHk.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5PU2zC5.mp4

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

:smith:

On a related note, I have just not been able to win recently. Games more often than not have been total blow outs. In a way, I am glad I don't care about mY stats anymore. But it is still frustrating.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

have you heard the good news about our lord and savior, the GSOR 1008?

Yeah, it suffers from the UK problem of yeeting shells to the extreme edge of the reticle even when fully aimed so that I bounce or miss 3 shots out of 4.

I have no data for this, but it feels like UK accuracy is the opposite of USSR accuracy. Small reticles with high deviation vs large reticles with low deviation.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 16, 2022

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

I am wanting to pick up a premium USA medium to help with crews and credit grind, but... is it just me or does the astron rex look really pathetic on paper?

Inaccurate gun, huge tumor on the turret, 4 SECOND INTRACLIP, low power:weight, low penetration, low camo. About the only positive things I'm seeing are the turret itself being nicely armored, and it has decent viwrange and gun depression. Am I missing something?

The AMBT looks like a more usable vehicle in current WoT, for example.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Goons.

I will not bore you with a full video. So please take this 17 second abridged one.

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6397930

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dAC0dcc8lg

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

sushibandit posted:

I am wanting to pick up a premium USA medium to help with crews and credit grind, but... is it just me or does the astron rex look really pathetic on paper?

Inaccurate gun, huge tumor on the turret, 4 SECOND INTRACLIP, low power:weight, low penetration, low camo. About the only positive things I'm seeing are the turret itself being nicely armored, and it has decent viwrange and gun depression. Am I missing something?

Wait until the end of the month when the Christmas Boxes come.

Failing that, get the Super Pershing as it's actually pretty good now with a turbocharger. It's only ~$30, too: https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wot/vehicles/ps_p_15938/

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Wait until the end of the month when the Christmas Boxes come.

Ohhh gently caress me, it's that time of year again already.

Fake Edit:
Chinese Rocket Tank will undoubtedly be "star of the show".

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Ohhh gently caress me, it's that time of year again already.

Watch WoT do something SUUUUUPER pandering like making the special commander this year Zelensky.

"PLEASE DON'T SANCTION US!!!!!" :aaa:

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Watch WoT do something SUUUUUPER pandering like making the special commander this year Zelensky.

"PLEASE DON'T SANCTION US!!!!!" :aaa:

Haven't they pulled all their operations out of Russia? They're a Belarus company.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sushibandit posted:

Skill rates the Astron Rex as a good vehicle. The 4 second intraclip is a bummer for sure, but it might not be a killer. For instance the Char Futur 4 has the same intraclip, and that's pretty much just there to hold it back from being brokenly OP. But the same may not be true for the Rex, I have never played it so can't really say.

But what I can say is that the AMBT is surprisingly fun. It's kind of like a slightly different Progetto with decent gun depression and OK armour. You can still have a decent DPM by firing single shots, and then clip a motherfucker out when the situation calls for it.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

skaianDestiny posted:

Haven't they pulled all their operations out of Russia? They're a Belarus company.

I know their banking poo poo is done out of Belarus because my bank flags them for some reason and I have to use loving Nazi Thiel's paypal

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

I know their banking poo poo is done out of Belarus because my bank flags them for some reason and I have to use loving Nazi Thiel's paypal

They (WG) actually own a sizable chunk of a bank in Cyprus. It's super loving shady and almost definitely was/possibly still is a Russian laundering front.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sushibandit posted:

The gun is way more accurate than it's dispersion indicates and it hits pretty hard. It's like the borat's gun, it just seems to hit at what I aim. However, it would not be a good crew trainer because it's a 3 person crew which is completely unique from pretty much any other American tank, iirc.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It's really annoying that the USA autoloader line starts as a medium at T8 then switches to heavy for the final 2 tiers. WTF weegee, dick move.

It should at least split into heavy-autoloader and medium-autoloader (similar to french light/med) so you aren't left sitting around with a crew that is completely useless unless you spend gold to respec/retrain them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sushibandit posted:

It's really annoying that the USA autoloader line starts as a medium at T8 then switches to heavy for the final 2 tiers. WTF weegee, dick move.

It should at least split into heavy-autoloader and medium-autoloader (similar to french light/med) so you aren't left sitting around with a crew that is completely useless unless you spend gold to respec/retrain them.

That makes way too much sense to ever be put into the game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The T54E1 used to be a medium as well.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

WG would have to dig out/make up another Tier VIII Premium before adding that MT autoloader branch for Tier XI and Tier X. They'd most likely have to make up those two vehicles too.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

sushibandit posted:

Yah, I always thought they should have just replaced the T69 with the T-77 in the tech tree and retired the T69 or made it a premium.

TracerM17 fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Nov 19, 2022

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

sushibandit posted:

There's no designs that exist that would allow you to do that. All of the US oscillating turret autoloaders are represented in game.

Unless of course you want weegee to "discover" brand new napkin drawings.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
First game in the Cobra.

This tank is hilarious

Edit: Why not a replay?

Replay: http://wotreplays.eu/site/6400190#westfield-mesadoram-cobra

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJhzoimUMTA

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Nov 19, 2022

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

First game in the Cobra.

This tank is hilarious

Cobra commander yelling "Cobra!" is just perfect after it connects a shell or 3.

Unrelated, but I put a modified configuration on my Type 59 and actually am liking playing it again. It's so nice not getting ammo rack exploded for 1300 damage every 5th game.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

TracerM17 posted:

Cobra commander yelling "Cobra!" is just perfect after it connects a shell or 3.

Unrelated, but I put a modified configuration on my Type 59 and actually am liking playing it again. It's so nice not getting ammo rack exploded for 1300 damage every 5th game.

He really is the best :allears:.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
They are giving away 45 twitch drop tokens this week if you "watch" about 8 hours of WoT streams... and by watch I mean leave it on muted in the background and just check in every 1.5 hours to collect the reward. It's a pretty easy way to get a free commander or x5 exp for victories if you need them..

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Frontlines is a buggy mess, but is still a lot of fun. If you have the UI randomly disappear on you, hit the "b" button to bring it back.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Mesadoram posted:

Frontlines is a buggy mess, but is still a lot of fun. If you have the UI randomly disappear on you, hit the "b" button to bring it back.

Hotkeys disappearing after respawn is my biggest issue, but I think toggling M fixes it for me. (maybe same thing you mentioned above, just another fix). Also tanks can have some weird anti-aliasing outlines around them. Hitting a weakpoint is hard when the outline is in the shape of a tornvgn, or another tank completely flipped upside down on top of it. One bug left the "you were killed by" message on my screen until I killed someone myself. Then I ran into another one where I completely lost the ability to move my turret or shoot, I had to alt-f4 out of that one.

Other than that, it's pretty fun and good credits. The arty strike, cluster bomb, and mine field wombo-combo every 3 minutes I could do without though.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
3-4 games a day for a week isn't so bad, even a depressed old like myself can stomach that. One of the easier events in recent memory together with the WT100 stuff.
You have to actively try to not make Captain by accident, Major in losing team is the default for me and long games almost always General.

I'm low on gold so the retraining orders are nice, not gonna say no to 1000 bonds neither.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Welp, Type 59 is for sale.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Welp, Type 59 is for sale.

Just for the benefit of anyone eyeing it: it's not really worth it. They buffed it some time ago so it's not tragic anymore, but it's clearly a relic from a time long past. As a collector's item, sure.

They are also selling the Skoda T56 which is busted, and also the Object 703vII which is a ton of fun and IMO possibly even better than the T56. The T56 has the ability to clip out a motherfucker in 3,5 seconds, but the Object can do doubles and has better gun handling and good armour. And also the GSOR, which is amazing if you're willing to spam gold. It has insanely good shell velocity and good accuracy (albeit with the strongly suspected British thing of shells tending to land closer to the edge of the aiming reticle) and trollish armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Just for the benefit of anyone eyeing it: it's not really worth it. They buffed it some time ago so it's not tragic anymore, but it's clearly a relic from a time long past. As a collector's item, sure.

They are also selling the Skoda T56 which is busted, and also the Object 703vII which is a ton of fun and IMO possibly even better than the T56. The T56 has the ability to clip out a motherfucker in 3,5 seconds, but the Object can do doubles and has better gun handling and good armour. And also the GSOR, which is amazing if you're willing to spam gold. It has insanely good shell velocity and good accuracy (albeit with the strongly suspected British thing of shells tending to land closer to the edge of the aiming reticle) and trollish armour.

Ehhh, All three are decent tanks. Personally, I'd put the t56 ahead of the obj703v2 though. Also, if one was to purchase either of these tanks for secondary crew training in mind, the t56 is you better choice. The obj703v2 does indeed work on the st-ii line, but in reality, that line isn't really all that great. Meanwhile, the vz55 is one you'll see in nearly every t10 match which the t56 perfectly trains for. The gsor just needs its own crew to operate, but it is a comedy td since there really isn't any turreted autoloader tds in the game anymore.