Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
So apparently it was Ukraine that fired the missiles, apparently trying to intercept Russian missiles?
Someone hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

advanced statsman posted:

So apparently it was Ukraine that fired the missiles, apparently trying to intercept Russian missiles?
Someone hosed up.

Preliminary seems so, in which case someone did gently caress up doing maintenance on them most likely. In any case, the big thread is more appropriate for this conversation.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Or it was missile malfunction due to any reason like normal failure rate, jamming, intercept but no detonation, targetting something that disappeared or crashed... Stuff happens, 4 years ago Saudi Arabian Patriot also had an oopsie despite those being newer and probably better maintained than Ukrainian S-300.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

To the other thread.

:sweep:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

cinci zoo sniper posted:

To the other thread.

:sweep:

But it’s full of :fsmug:

Anyway, the Czech government is declaring Russia a terrorist state and when put to vote, the only opposition in the lower house came from SPD, which some of you may remember from pet tourism agent Tomio Okamura. The people who presented the resolution are, however, entrapped by corruption scandals and I don’t think it’s unfair to say that the government is seen as mostly weak at the moment. Not sure how this will play out wrt Russian residents. Now I wonder if any other government has passed a symbolic resolution of this sort lately.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

But it’s full of :fsmug:

It’s the only thread about the war on SA that’s majority European.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Also, Baltics had a few resolutions like that.

RedSnapper
Nov 22, 2016

I know it's a bit late and the thread's moved on, but 11/11 also had the Antifscist Streetparty. The event was admittedly smaller than The Main One but keeps growing year after year.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=799016964535527&extid=CL-UNK-UNK-UNK-AN_GK0T-GK1C&ref=sharing

Another piece of good news is that, since Polish antifascists stopped trying to blocade the nationalist have, for the lack of a visible enemy, started to turn on each other

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

By all accounts these marches are winding down from year to year due to infighting and, well, how exciting is it really to run around with viking/pagan/fash symbols and getting picked off by the not-so-friendly-to-nationalist-causes government media.

In the meantime, counter-marches are springing up around the city and growing every year separate from the main one. I do hope this trend holds.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sveiciens svētkos!

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
Su gimtadieniu, broliukai

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Sveiciens svētkos!

Gesundheit!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Mood: jesienny blues :/

Mokotow fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Nov 18, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nenonen posted:

Gesundheit!

Not as a Finn you’re going to tell me that :colbert:

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

It's light snow in most of Poland, so more kwiecień plecień, just in listopad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I saw a snowflake today, and that wasn’t my monitor being off

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

alex314 posted:

It's light snow in most of Poland, so more kwiecień plecień, just in listopad.

Szaro, buro, do dupy, jeszcze kurwa śnieg eeeh

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Mokotow posted:

Szaro, buro, do dupy, jeszcze kurwa śnieg eeeh

And holidays are do dupy since Dec 25th and Jan 1st are on Sunday. No long time off work, jak żyć?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

alex314 posted:

And holidays are do dupy since Dec 25th and Jan 1st are on Sunday. No long time off work, jak żyć?

I did not even see that up until now. Dzięki, kurde :mad:

Edit: :poland:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Somaen posted:

Su gimtadieniu, broliukai

dar vienas žilas plaukas ant šio žirgo galvos

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Snow? In *my* eastern Europe?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Snow? In *my* eastern Europe?

...that being Buffalo, NY?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Sveiciens svētkos!

Sveiciens svētkos! Came back home from a nice 14°C in Belgium to freezing temps and am not a fan.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arzachel posted:

Sveiciens svētkos! Came back home from a nice 14°C in Belgium to freezing temps and am not a fan.

It’s literally just the second day of that, in the capital at least.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'd say that mid-November is nice time for snow. Wonder if the Baltic freezes significantly this year. I enjoy the winter beach walks when the wavy ice covers the sea.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

The people who presented the resolution are, however, entrapped by corruption scandals and I don’t think it’s unfair to say that the government is seen as mostly weak at the moment.
It's less "weak" than "actively antisocial". The corruption is neither here or there, every single post-89 government was corrupt to the bone, we're used to that poo poo. The current government is very openly and unabashedly ran exclusively by rich assholes for rich assholes and lives on being propped up by the lack of credible opposition and city liberals brainwashed into supporting it by constant repetition of the mantra that anything to the left of Hitler is communism. Either way, their support is dwindling and we can most likely look forward to living in an ANO/SPD-ran fascist chickenocracy.

I'm not bitter about this in the slightest.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 20, 2022

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Paladinus posted:

Meanwhile Russia continues its spiritual war against decadent Western values through legislating. The new law that aims to extend ban on LGBTQ+ propaganda to all people, not just children, now also touches on the cesspit that is gaming. The following games are proposed to be banned in Russia:

- Assassin's Creed
- The Sims 3*
- The Last of Us
- Dragon Age
- Life Is Strange
- Fallout
- Apex Legends
- RimWorld
- Overwatch
- Le crime du parking**
- Borderlands
- Divinity: Original Sin 2

* You might remember that a copy of Sims 3 was found at the flat of definitely real nazi terrorists who planned to assassinate Vladimir Soloviov, one of Russia's loudest propagandists
** A very raunchy French adventure game from 1985 for Apple II. Yeah, I don't know either. Cursory googling reveals it's one of the first games with a gay character in it. A real deep cut from Duma gamers here.

A follow-up on this. The legislative package has passed second reading, but the amendment on video games has been inexplicably axed. It will 'only' regulate the internet, mass media, books, audio and video content, movies, and advertising. Regular citizens can now be fined for up to ~$5k for LGBT propaganda, and ~$3k for propaganda of 'sex change' aimed at minors. It also not-so-subtly includes fines for propaganda of paedophilia (up to ~$10k). Tomorrow is its third reading, and it will probably pass, considering 390 Duma members, including all faction leaders, worked on it in some capacity.

E: Yep, passed.

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Nov 24, 2022

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I somehow missed this, but HoMM3 has been recognised as an official e-sports discipline in Russian Federation. There’s going to be an open tournament in Ekaterinburg in a month or so, meaning that the winner of it will most likely get to awarded the protected title of Candidate for Master of Sport of the Russian Federation in Heroes of Might & Magic III.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I somehow missed this, but HoMM3 has been recognised as an official e-sports discipline in Russian Federation. There’s going to be an open tournament in Ekaterinburg in a month or so, meaning that the winner of it will most likely get to awarded the protected title of Candidate for Master of Sport of the Russian Federation in Heroes of Might & Magic III.
Have you got a source to share? Not really doubting you, moreso that I'd like to share this info with friends (who also loved this game back in the day)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Angryhead posted:

Have you got a source to share? Not really doubting you, moreso that I'd like to share this info with friends (who also loved this game back in the day)

Sure. Scroll to the bottom for the games list - I hadn’t seen the actual law before, as this was just announced on the tournament I was watching, but looks like the whole series of games is recognised, and the actual medal might spell it out as “candidate for master of sport of the Russian Federation in computer sport”, or maybe “in real-time strategies”.

Law change: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_423543/11786cc34448b07f9905b86f15994d2b2ca369c6/

First government-sanctioned tournament: https://msstudio.tv/ekaterinburg-cup-2022/

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin
https://mobile.twitter.com/DmytroKuleba/status/1596055895603044352

Germans continue to be manipulated by devious salo-eating ukros. Thankfully, something awful is a free speech zone where any weirdo can deny any genocides they wish

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
This take might be bannable in this thread but I liked HoMM5 way more than HoMM3

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Arzachel posted:

This take might be bannable in this thread but I liked HoMM5 way more than HoMM3

A Latvian having a bad taste is about as remarkable as water being wet.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

A Latvian having a bad taste is about as remarkable as water being wet.

Rude but also true

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm reading in Finnish media that according to Belta the Belarusian foreign minister Vladimir Makei has died. He was in office for 10 years, before that he was Lukashenko's assistant and chief of staff. Poor Batka must be devastated.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nenonen posted:

I'm reading in Finnish media that according to Belta the Belarusian foreign minister Vladimir Makei has died. He was in office for 10 years, before that he was Lukashenko's assistant and chief of staff. Poor Batka must be devastated.

Before the 2020 protests, he was seen by many as a moderate. He had some successes in getting more Western diplomats in Belarus, which made it simpler for people to get visas, and made the country slightly more open to Western investors, tourists, etc. He was sort of like Lavrov during the Russian reset period, and had the image of a competent, ideologically flexible, Western-minded diplomat. After 2020, like all high level officials, he had a choice between going full loyalist or stepping down, and he chose the former. He still signalled openness to dialogue with EU from time to time, but whenever he was actually allowed to go to some international event, the best he could do was to claim there were Western officials ready to talk to Belarus, but, you see, they are too afraid to do it openly, so, uh, you don't know them, they go to a different school. There are no details on his death, and, obviously, there are already conspiracy theories (coincidentally, a rumour surfaced just before his death that Putin plans to assassinate Lukashenko to finally get full control over Belarus), but regardless of how he died, he basically didn't fit in anymore. I suspect Lukashenko will appoint yet another super Russia-oriented KGB colonel in his place.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

Arzachel posted:

Liking HoMM 4 over 3 would be understandable, it tried new things, but 5? :frogout:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Xarn posted:

Liking HoMM 4 over 3 would be understandable, it tried new things, but 5? :frogout:

On one hand, this is a probably worse opinion than the one you quote. On the other hand, I spent a fair amount of my childhood playing HoMM 4. Decisions, decisions…

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

As in, HoMM 5 absolutely has a better reputation with the surviving HoMM 3 community, than HoMM 4 does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Just play 2 through 5 on a loop, they're all cool.