Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NFX
Jun 2, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

How do I turn off items auto-locking themselves for quests?

And just a few days later this was added as an option. Very suspicious :ninja:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

H110Hawk posted:

What is the next 10bn upgrade? I have the storehouse one. Is there a pet or should I do the crop row? I'm leaning crop row.

Sawmill, straw, quarry make decent amounts. Not inventory per hour but I'm voiding a bunch as is. Orchard makes >inventory per day and I add 11 trees a day to stay that way.

Crop row is good, but you are probably at the point where silver should be going to the Tower, either completing the quest or buying levels. If you are stuck on the quest waiting for other items at this point, the general wisdom is still to have enough Silver on hand to be able to buy your way to T20 as soon as you unlock the tower.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
How is everyone doing with cooking? I’ve reached L29 doing onion soups and now over the moons but not sure if it’s worth the effort to unlock any of the other recipes since they take a lot of unlocking and then a lot of stuff to make them.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I’m just about level 60, most of them take minimal effort to unlock as most villagers have a super easy to farm liked or loved item and some of the high level meals are incredibly strong

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Klungar posted:

Crop row is good, but you are probably at the point where silver should be going to the Tower, either completing the quest or buying levels. If you are stuck on the quest waiting for other items at this point, the general wisdom is still to have enough Silver on hand to be able to buy your way to T20 as soon as you unlock the tower.

Yeah I haven't been playing heavily for a week or two, finally started grinding again last night. Currently on gimiacs jubilee 10 and ATI 2. I assume the library has a calculator for the tower?

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

monkeytennis posted:

How is everyone doing with cooking? I’ve reached L29 doing onion soups and now over the moons but not sure if it’s worth the effort to unlock any of the other recipes since they take a lot of unlocking and then a lot of stuff to make them.

I unlocked all the recipes and hit cooking 50 and have stopped there for now. Getting Cecil up to friendship 60 was annoying, otherwise the rest wasn't too bad.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I went from 63 or to 65 or so during the event, now been stuck at 67 for over a week, it goes super slow unless you cook Sea Pinchers all day, which costs honey.
But once you hit 50 it doesn't matter at all for now. Oven #8 is at lvl70, that increases xp gain and gives you an additional meal per batch, my goal for now but several weeks away.

One thing to keep in mind, the number of ovens you have is a xp multiplier, so for example cooking Bone Broth while having 3 ovens will give you more xp per meal than someone with only 2 ovens gets.

Not sure if anyone's done the math but it's well possible the cooking time reduction perks are actually an xp loss. Maybe someone bored enough can figure that out.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

H110Hawk posted:

What is the next 10bn upgrade? I have the storehouse one. Is there a pet or should I do the crop row? I'm leaning crop row.

Sawmill, straw, quarry make decent amounts. Not inventory per hour but I'm voiding a bunch as is. Orchard makes >inventory per day and I add 11 trees a day to stay that way.

Crop row. Then onion pet, which is ok.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Yeah I haven't been playing heavily for a week or two, finally started grinding again last night. Currently on gimiacs jubilee 10 and ATI 2. I assume the library has a calculator for the tower?

https://buddy.farm/towercalc/

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Ah neat, 10bn. Easy.

Ruggan posted:

Crop row. Then onion pet, which is ok.

Yeah it seems to become vague past storehouse and farm row.

So many herbs. And Gold Feathers/Leaves.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

NFX posted:

And just a few days later this was added as an option. Very suspicious :ninja:
:shobon:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
I regret waiting so long before upgrading the owl to lvl 6. It is on me though, it is ages since i finished all quests requiring honey . I am capped on it and should have upgraded the owl a long time ago.
My RS11 is lagging behind the other 9 by several thousand, which means several thousand potential Lava Sphere i have lost out on.

Dont be like me and wait too long before upgrading your owl!

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

I regret waiting so long before upgrading the owl to lvl 6. It is on me though, it is ages since i finished all quests requiring honey . I am capped on it and should have upgraded the owl a long time ago.
My RS11 is lagging behind the other 9 by several thousand, which means several thousand potential Lava Sphere i have lost out on.

Sounds to me like you need to be farming some goddamn Corn

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
I'm back in Gecko hell for this Strange Companions quest, and I just need silver to get the last few tower floors before T100. I feel like I'm so close to another milestone and am not sure what my next objective will be once I hit that.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Fhqwhgads posted:

I'm back in Gecko hell for this Strange Companions quest, and I just need silver to get the last few tower floors before T100. I feel like I'm so close to another milestone and am not sure what my next objective will be once I hit that.

More Masteries/GMs. More Tower levels. 100B Crop Row. Merit Badges.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Tower 110 for increased orchard size

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007

Fhqwhgads posted:

T109 gives 1000 geckos. Focus on that rather than the quest.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Honey at Borgen's camp today! Opening all of my large chest 1s to stock up.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005

Hobojim posted:

Honey at Borgen's camp today! Opening all of my large chest 1s to stock up.

I just dumped my inventory into ATI, but do I need to stock right back up? I've got a Defenses and Consequences quest asking for 300 but I'm in no rush to complete it

Also anyone got any extra Dragonfly kicking around? I'm 122 Dragonfly short on ATI and then I'm done. Philouza in-game Got there via chat!

Philouza fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 16, 2022

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Koryk posted:

T109 gives 1000 geckos. Focus on that rather than the quest.

Oh that's perfect then.

Waiting for a full inventory of LNs, then a Sea Pincher and Shrimp-a-Plenty should be a good way to get me over the top for silver.

Fhqwhgads fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Nov 16, 2022

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

I don't think it would have mattered that much, I upgraded owl to 6 before I knew that was a bad idea, and I'm still way behind on 11/12 compared to everything else.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Philouza posted:

I just dumped my inventory into ATI, but do I need to stock right back up? I've got a Defenses and Consequences quest asking for 300 but I'm in no rush to complete it

Also anyone got any extra Dragonfly kicking around? I'm 122 Dragonfly short on ATI and then I'm done. Philouza in-game Got there via chat!

I opened a ton of chests and got up to 1000 because I have a quest for that coming up. I would say if you have a lot of unopened large chest 1s or medium chest 1s it's not a bad idea. I'm not far beyond you for reference, just hit level 30 in the tower.

I need ~1600 total for the remaining quests so I figure ~1100 is fine for me, leaving my pets to grab the rest over time. I don't really use ancient coins for much otherwise, just opening a few chests a day to spin the wheel 25 times.

Atoramos
Aug 31, 2003

Jim's now a Blind Cave Salamander!

Ineptitude posted:

Aren't there useful recipes which rely on Honey? I was thinking I'd hold off until 10b to go right to level 7 made sense.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Goddamn cotton jail :argh:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol I burned through everything and I have 582 honey of the 600 I need for the next step...

And my bear and own didn't bring me any over the past few hours!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I'm voiding honey rn :saddowns:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You are a monster.

Edit 597/600 :bang:

Got some chests from Jill’s maze for a few more. I can’t realistically finish the quest till after reset tonight as I need 600 oranges and lemons.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 17, 2022

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

cook more!

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Sea Pincher Special solved that problem for me, I had to open chests for AC to trade in for honey yesterday. Still below 1k honey which is not a good feeling.

Seconding the opinion that you should leave Owl at 5 until you got silver to get it to 7.

Philouza
Jul 20, 2005
Got my first level 10 raptor so I'm learning the ropes of RFC. I got the sofa perk but is there any reason I don't use all my claws to upgrade my raptor? Can't see any future quests that would want them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Philouza posted:

Got my first level 10 raptor so I'm learning the ropes of RFC. I got the sofa perk but is there any reason I don't use all my claws to upgrade my raptor? Can't see any future quests that would want them.

Speaking of the couch perk is that worth it? I don't have any level 10 raptors yet but I will in a day or so.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

very much so

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Kaboobi posted:

very much so

Perfect done!

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Ineptitude posted:

Thanks for the reminder. I just finished all my honey quests today!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening
Leveling a townsperson past 50 is just ridiculous. What is Cecil doing with all this yarn?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

koshmar posted:

Leveling a townsperson past 50 is just ridiculous. What is Cecil doing with all this yarn?

Don’t kink shame him

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

MarcusSA posted:

Don’t kink shame him

He is into leather and old boots as well

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

lol at the split on this poll

I’ll admit I did look for some stuff on YouTube and I didn’t find any.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

THANKSGIVING MINI-EVENT:
- November 24 through November 27 enjoy +10% more Skill XP, +10% more Silver at Market and Meals can still be used during the event
- Last year's Thanksgiving Help Requests will be available for new players and there will be a few new Thanksgiving Help Requests as well

time to burn through 5000 large nets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Trying to get the various 150 gold fish for the tower quest is kinda bullshit.