Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Pulse had the courage and capacity to go full-power with its ideas, regardless of the quality of said ideas. That at least makes a lot of its tracks endearing, even if thry don't manage to be good.

The problem with a lo-fi chill album is that it can't do that. It has to be good, because it sure as hell can't be enthusiastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
pulse was important for providing more music to rp venues

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The only pulse tune I really liked and remembered in the end was Suzaku's.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ibblebibble posted:

The only pulse tune I really liked and remembered in the end was Suzaku's.

it's this

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Vitamean posted:

it's this

Titania's theme on pulse whips rear end, I'm sorry you ladies are tone deaf

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Titania's theme on pulse whips rear end, I'm sorry you ladies are tone deaf

What does tone deafness have to do with it? It can be difficult to find the right words for what people with that issue can and can't pick up on, but that's not a piece particularly dependent on the relationship between notes.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Bruceski posted:

What does tone deafness have to do with it? It can be difficult to find the right words for what people with that issue can and can't pick up on, but that's not a piece particularly dependent on the relationship between notes.

are you serious

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Badger of Basra posted:

are you serious

It's an odd thing to call out for disliking a particular piece of music.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I’m not sure if “metaphor” is the right word but I do not believe OP is literally saying that people who do not like the remix cannot perceive tones or whatever

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Badger of Basra posted:

I’m not sure if “metaphor” is the right word but I do not believe OP is literally saying that people who do not like the remix cannot perceive tones or whatever

That was the bit yes.

Because the remix slaps, you see?

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

That was the bit yes.

Because the remix slaps, you see?

What does slapping have to do with it? As incorporeal objects, songs clearly can't have hands. It simply doesn't make sense, OP!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

jalapeno_dude posted:

What does slapping have to do with it? As incorporeal objects, songs clearly can't have hands. It simply doesn't make sense, OP!

Clearly referring to Titania's Flame Rune.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Nice way to sign off before maintenance!

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

well now that we're all in agreement that it's a bad album, can I say I'm wondering how bad it must've felt to know you topped off people for ego death in p8s and had them die anyway?

The following issues have been addressed:
・ An issue in Abyssos: The Eighth Circle (Savage) wherein the Ego Death mechanic did not function properly under certain conditions

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Mentioning the Brume in context of "chill" just makes me think of people freezing to death.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is there a list (or pepe silvia type string chart) of what songs are leitmotifs in other songs across the xiv ost and the songs in which they are leitmotifs? There are so many

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Wiped Amdapout Keep Hard because of a dragoon who exclusively used Lance Throw except when Lance Charge was up in which case she'd rush in for a single 1-2-3 before retreat and a summoner who sat idle for 15 seconds between each egi :pwn:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Honest Summoner

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The SMN was clearly a more traditional turn-based Final Fantasy player.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
holy poo poo

I've caught every fish in the game

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Congrats <Big Fish>

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

Congrats!!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

You caught a fish that big.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

Nice work, I'm still hunting Placodus myself to get all the fish.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Is it possible to turn off moving the camera by clicking and dragging? Couldn't find an option for it.

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izR_Lrt8T0E

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Finally, after weeks and weeks, I got the savage top.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Ibblebibble posted:

Finally, after weeks and weeks, I got the savage top.

Is that the savage PLD weapons?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Rap Game Goku posted:

Is that the savage PLD weapons?

The sword is, the shield is the HW relic.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sorry I feel like I've asked this before but are all job artifact armors freely available for repurchase if discarded? Can I toss all this stuff and not sweat finding it again if I decide I want the glams?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

fuckin props

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

SuperKlaus posted:

Sorry I feel like I've asked this before but are all job artifact armors freely available for repurchase if discarded? Can I toss all this stuff and not sweat finding it again if I decide I want the glams?

Not quite. Most of them are though.

The ilvl 90 set, and heavensward's set have alternate collection methods and must be repuchased with hunt tokens or tomestones.

The ilvl 45 and Stormblood ones are quest rewards, and should be accessible from the calamity salvager (but the ilvl 45 can go in the armoire.)

The level 80 and 90 ones can be grabbed from the original vendor again for nothing.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

That said the ilvl 90 set is just an alternate palette of the ilvl 45 set.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

SuperKlaus posted:

Not quite.

The original level 45/50 (item level 50 and 55 I think) artifact armor can be stored in the armoire, and is available from the calamity salvager because they're quest rewards you can't get otherwise.
The item level 90 recolors, which you get for the level 50 class quest these days, all needs to be reacquired, in the form of "antique" tokens which drop in Snowcloak, Sastasha (hard) and Qarn (hard). You turn the tokens into item level 90 gear in Mor Dhona.
The craftable, dyeable version of the level 50 artifact armor needs to be stored in your inventory somewhere, or you'll have to craft it again the hard way.
Level 60 artifact gear, which you get from level 60 job quests, needs to be bought again for Centurio Seals in Ishgard. Glowy version of the weapons are available in an early HW relic step and can then be reacquired from the node that sells replicas for 100 gil.
Level 70 artifact gear is available from the calamity vendor, but only the "weathered", undyeable parts. If you want them dyeable, you have to do Eureka, and I assume keep the actual item.
Fixed color level 80 artifact gear is freely available from the smith in the last ShB zone (the weapons are dyeable because the relics are not related to that gear). The Memoria Misera (extreme) fight drops tokens to get dyeable versions of the armor, which you have to store like other gear.
Level 90 artifact gear is again freely available from the NPC in Old Sharlayan, if you do the role quests you unlock dyes and you can toss the gear.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

They should make all artifact sets fit in the armoire, they take up too much space.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

super sweet best pal posted:

They should make all artifact sets fit in the armoire, they take up too much space.

Absolutely. Thanks everyone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yes

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

hazardousmouse posted:

holy poo poo

Congrats! Cinder is still eluding me.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

They should make all items fit in the armoire, they take up too much space.

i agree

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I know the entire glam system is made of spaghetti and tinkertoys, but it grinds my gears a bit how inconsistent it is about what goes in the armoire. Mostly because I forget the armoire exists as an option when building glam plates, so I'm looking through the gloves section of the dresser going "I know I have the Tantalus Cuffs, I used them on my BLU! Where the gently caress- They're in the goddamn Armoire."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
The armoire is incredibly consistent.

Original AF gear, preorder bonuses, seasonal gear, and veteran rewards. There's no picking or choosing - it all can go in.