Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Anime nerds winning right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ormQQG2UhtQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Man if there is one thing I know about NFL fans, it is that a whole fuckin' lot of them like DBZ.

Everyone loves DBZ

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I don't.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Update.

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1588978220510371840

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1588979425391300608

https://twitter.com/MarzGurl/status/1589055074520944642

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
This did show up in a chat earlier, can't confirm the where of it being THAT SPECIFIC parking lot, but...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

all this to meet up with what, 12 people? he could have just gone to the chili's to start with, i wouldnt begrudge him that

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

secretly best girl posted:

This did show up in a chat earlier, can't confirm the where of it being THAT SPECIFIC parking lot, but...

When you show up to an empty parking lot, does your brain fall down an internal rabbit hole of past mistake examination, or is your brain simply incapable of such introspection? Do you spend the whole ride there and back not in the throws of despair but rather thinking that this is another good day?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I imagine you blame all of your enemies who did this to you. The people who took down the signs, the people saying bad things about you. It's all someone else doing this to you, after all. Ah, maybe with all these problems people just got confused where to meet.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Come to comic store dentist's office parking lot Chili's in next 20 mins if you want an rear end kicking.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
There's an entire hyper local anime con drama thread with more details that's worth an lmao

https://twitter.com/elocin7_/status/1589056038111956992

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
VIDEO
https://twitter.com/Knowltey/status/1589087556884656128

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
man didn't even have the decency to bring a ballpit

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love at about 1:49 when Vic just sort of gets discouraged and climbs back in the van and then tries to save face by filming the person recording the video.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Cameo with Vic: for $200 $50a Chili's Texas Cheese Fries app you can get an autograph and hangout sesh

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Alan Smithee posted:

Cameo with Vic: for $200 $50a Chili's Texas Cheese Fries app you can get an autograph and hangout sesh

That was my thought reading that. "That just could have been a cameo video message shared with a group chat and it would have saved so much time, energy, and humiliation." Not money though. Money would have still been wasted either way.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I kind of wish I was there to see Vic being continually updated on the situation. Going from "We can't get the con, but we've got an empty boardroom nearby' all the way down to being run out of a parking lot with people waving $40 from their cars at him to come autograph to finally headed to Chili's for a Triple Dipper and then to slink back home.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dawgstar posted:

I kind of wish I was there to see Vic being continually updated on the situation. Going from "We can't get the con, but we've got an empty boardroom nearby' all the way down to being run out of a parking lot with people waving $40 from their cars at him to come autograph to finally headed to Chili's for a Triple Dipper and then to slink back home.

Honestly, this just sounds like it's another one of those absolute disaster convention stories that Vic loved to share back when it wasn't gauche to actually book him at conventions. All told, this is probably one of the less embarrassing things Vic has done in the name of chasing the vapors of others adulation.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

There's an entire hyper local anime con drama thread with more details that's worth an lmao

https://twitter.com/elocin7_/status/1589056038111956992

This was what I needed to start my day, ahahaha

Watching him hit like every branch falling out of the tree has been a small bit of karma in a world too often bereft of it.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Here we go!
https://twitter.com/ottovonbisbark/status/1592640816350375937

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

lol they did it.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Dang, I never got to see the video before it was blasted off.

I haven't updated myself on his situation for a while, but I can only imagine he's so desperate to get these things done as a matter of principal for his damaged ego if money isn't the main reason. "If there are fans who still want me, then I can't be wrong." :tinfoil:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How likely is it the Texas SC just wads it up and tosses it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'd say pretty likely. Considering it lost so hard in appeals, the judge went "Yeah the original judgement was wrong. You're not paying them nearly enough money," and how much judges like not doing their jobs

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Willsun posted:

Dang, I never got to see the video before it was blasted off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCu2c14tvfw

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Yikes. Start to feel sorry for him until you remember all he had to do was not be a creep.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Technically he could also have gotten away with being a creep if he hadn't sued his employer.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Waffleman_ posted:

I'd say pretty likely. Considering it lost so hard in appeals, the judge went "Yeah the original judgement was wrong. You're not paying them nearly enough money," and how much judges like not doing their jobs

My understanding is that the main viable issue is the ruling remanding the Rial/Toye fees back to trial court. The appeal touches on this but spends most of its time on less... constructive... arguments.

(IANAL and only recall fuzzily, but I think the judge who disagreed on this laid the roadmap for appeal: Trial Judge was wrong to slash the award to Rial/Toye but not the sort of wrong that the court can or should address through appeals)

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Yikes. Start to feel sorry for him until you remember all he had to do was not be a creep.
He could have not been a creep, he could have not directed his online fanbase to create a massive social cost to speaking up, he could have not abused the courts to try and impose a financial cost for the same, he could have hired competent representation like he would have if he believed in the merits rather than a naked exercise in lawfare, and he could have stopped the legal fiasco at any of the dozens of points lawyers, internet randos, and literal judges told him he had nothing and was going to get reamed because of it.

It's really an object lesson in the amount of effort you need to put in to actually face consequences provided you are even mildly famous and have "nice house in the suburbs" money.

Paracaidas fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Nov 16, 2022

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Clarste posted:

Technically he could also have gotten away with being a creep if he hadn't sued his employer.

Yeah, Funimation knew he was a creeper for a literal decade and didn't give a poo poo. He'd have been fine after a year or two off to let the heat die down and instead he did... all of this.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hell, Viz and some other companies were still fine using him until this fiasco got too big to ignore. If someone will drag a company into a big, embarrassing legal battle because they think they've been slighted, why risk having them around at yours?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He could still salvage a career by just laying low for like two years before apologising

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

No, I think at this point, his big bridges have been burned.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I said "a" career.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Paracaidas posted:

My understanding is that the main viable issue is the ruling remanding the Rial/Toye fees back to trial court. The appeal touches on this but spends most of its time on less... constructive... arguments.

(IANAL and only recall fuzzily, but I think the judge who disagreed on this laid the roadmap for appeal: Trial Judge was wrong to slash the award to Rial/Toye but not the sort of wrong that the court can or should address through appeals)

It's the only remotely live issue, yeah. And yeah, the dissent shows exactly the path you should argue. You're slightly misremembering what the dissenting judge held. The dissenting judge held that determining fees is the job of the trial judge, and that there's no reason to think this is an abuse of discretion. "He heard all that evidence, based on that evidence, he made a call. Sounds right to me."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Namtab posted:

He could still salvage a career by just laying low for like two years before apologising

He is also 60 years old.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
If he had any drive to do anything besides VA work or being adored by teenage girls he’d be a shoo-in to run for office as a disgraced celebrity taking on the woke mob or whatever.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

If he had any drive to do anything besides VA work or being adored by teenage girls he’d be a shoo-in to run for office as a disgraced celebrity taking on the woke mob or whatever.

I dunno, it's not like the mid terms worked out well for that type of candidate.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Worked for Ken Akamatsu over in Japan.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I dunno, it's not like the mid terms worked out well for that type of candidate.

Oh god, if you thought Dr. Oz was a shitshow, could you imagine like CNN or MSNBC or other news networks trying to explain what the gently caress was up with Vic to a national audience of normies if he tried to run for Senate or something? Unending comedy gold.

Also he'd run in Texas and win because Texas is a black hole of the worst godawful second only to Floridia without the benefit of slipping beneath the sea eventually like Florida will :v:

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Nov 16, 2022

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

nine-gear crow posted:

Oh god, if you thought Dr. Oz was a shitshow, could you imagine like CNN or MSNBC or other news networks trying to explain what the gently caress was up with Vic to a national audience of normies if he tried to run for Senate or something? Unending comedy gold.

Also he'd run in Texas and win because Texas is a black hole of the worst godawful second only to Floridia without the benefit of slipping beneath the sea eventually like Florida will :v:

Idk, all you'd need is a candidate to learn from Fetterman's example and run an endless series of ads calling Vic a child molester right out the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

US politics has no place here!!