Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
mr zelenskyy... thank u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Homeless Friend posted:

making donald trump jr look like the voice of reason. just incredible

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1592692688578834437

notice he said chomping not champing

big time tell

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Is that someone being smart in an other field and thinking they’re too smart for Egyptology, or someone who is mostly stupid except for one other field?

The latter.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lmao
https://twitter.com/Vic_Vega555/status/1592604452531236864

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

I'm gamemaster Anthony and I'm calling article 5! *Every country from every corner of the world!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

why the gently caress is Poland in nato anyway

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

mr zelenskyy... thank u

lmao "clarified the facts"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
zelenskyy has gone full tankie

https://twitter.com/cgtnamerica/status/1592927566888726528

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

euphronius posted:

Well, it's definitely not because NATO is an instrument of empire intended to strategically surround the US' only competitor as a nuclear superpower. That's Rashist propaganda.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/OleksiyDanilov/status/1592854121887203330

quote:

We are in favor of a joint study of the incident with the fall of the rocket in Poland. We are ready to hand over the evidence of the Russian trail that we have. We are expecting information from our partners, on the basis of which a conclusion was made that it is a Ukrainian air defense missile.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Ukrainian air defense missiles wouldn't attack those farmers for no reason. Those missiles are calibrated to target evil presences. What's going on in Poland

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
Was that grain so innocent…. do we even know where it came from?

Isizzlehorn
Feb 25, 2010

:lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick::lesnick:

There's been a lot of dumb poo poo in this war, but nearly triggering Article 4 over this and getting caught is a new high

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Calibanibal posted:

Ukrainian air defense missiles wouldn't attack those farmers for no reason. Those missiles are calibrated to target evil presences. What's going on in Poland

Their guidance systems do have "detect evil" cast permanently.:hai:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
It's a defensive missile, like NATO is a defensive pact. It's not a threat to anyone.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

euphronius posted:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

if this really was a mistake, those missiles are in big fuckin trouble

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Isizzlehorn posted:

There's been a lot of dumb poo poo in this war, but nearly triggering Article 4 over this and getting caught is a new high

Its very funny for them to become be sticklers over this since Bandera himself could have plugged in the coordinates to blow away those polish bastards on purpose and they'd still be fine. As it is it reads exactly like the conservative/oppo element are saying: They want to drag us in.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

they're Catholic but the weapons systems are calibrated for Orthodox

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.

euphronius posted:

cheap Wodka for the NATO base duty free

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Ukraine specifically said their war plan, which they have executed nearly to the tee, requires drawing NATO in.

Just saying.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Comrade Koba posted:

polish grain silo, go gently caress yourself

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Frosted Flake posted:

Ukraine specifically said their war plan, which they have executed nearly to the tee, requires drawing NATO in.

Just saying.

Could they have deliberately targeted that grain silo with an anti-missile missile? Or is an accident that they're making use of more likely?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hatebag posted:

Could they have deliberately targeted that grain silo with an anti-missile missile? Or is an accident that they're making use of more likely?

there's no reason to assume it's a false flag like that. but they've been looking for an excuse to get NATO more involved for a long time, it's just taking advantage of the circumstances

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

speng31b posted:

there's no reason to assume it's a false flag like that. but they've been looking for an excuse to get NATO more involved for a long time, it's just taking advantage of the circumstances

Yeah that's my assumption i just didn't know whether the missiles could be targeted at ground targets

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

making donald trump jr look like the voice of reason. just incredible

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1592692688578834437

seems not great that the only voices in American politics for de-escalation are the far right.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

euphronius posted:

The polish government has Holocaust denial as an official policy.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

these two rogue missiles need to be captured and brought to justice

iCe-CuBe.
Jun 9, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

lol at how stuff from yesterday has aged.

The spin on the Poland missile still being Russias fault owns.

That missile was no angel

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Just an accident they jumped all over. Something intentional would be more dramatic than a tractor and two farmers. Considering the risk it would need to be worthwhile.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1592896349431009280

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole

making the Afghanistan war look efficient

speng31b
May 8, 2010

hes right

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

CongoJack posted:

Edit: Doubleposting is bad, mkay.

evilmiera has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Nov 16, 2022

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

euphronius posted:

Ask George W Bush, he never forgets it.

CongoJack posted:

Well, the US did most of its most expensive fighting in the initial months of that war, in terms of materiel. After that they took every chance they could to pair it down until they needed a surge or a show of force to try and keep up appearances. While the taliban did use mortars and other artillery the war wasn't a massive slugfest for most of its timeline, so yeah I'd imagine a full on war for almost for a year is going to turn more expensive per month as the fighting grows more intense and the US is more secure in the fact that Russia won't just immediately flatten Ukraine and take all their stuff they just donated.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

CongoJack posted:

are you kidding, this is even more efficient

at transforming taxpayer dollars into lockheed eps

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

The Oldest Man posted:

are you kidding, this is even more efficient

at transforming taxpayer dollars into lockheed eps

I haven't seen any, is it any good?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ughhhh posted:

I'm warmaster Ant'o'nugk and I'm calling article 5! *Every country from every corner of the world!

Hatebag posted:

Yeah that's my assumption i just didn't know whether the missiles could be targeted at ground targets

Ground attack for s300 missiles dates to 1979 iirc so presumably it's within Ukraine's capability. Doubt that's what happened though.

Ardennes posted:

(Btw, there is a case to be made that simply dragging this all out is not to the benefit of really anyone either, except I don't know, China.)

What is Russia losing by extending this if they are limiting casualties? A little unrest at home but mostly everyone ignores it? The cost of munitions, balanced against increased oil and gas profits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Hatebag posted:

Between those two possibilities, the second is more likely