Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

team overhead smash posted:

There are ways to get rid of ongoing (enchantress, zero, one of the locations) in which case he’s free power.

He's not Ongoing, he's On Reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jedit posted:

He's not Ongoing, he's On Reveal.

Sorry yeah, replace Enchantress with Cosmo. Otherwise basically the same although you can also just play him first before anything else in the lane.

In other news I only gave it a few goes and maybe got unlucky with the cards pulled but just can’t seem to make the most of it. Seems tricky to dump enough in t6 for Sera to be useful without wasting energy in earlier turns.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Man I love morph. Turn 3 change into the death in your opponents hand why yes I do believe I win

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Kazoo vs Dino deck. Last location: Mindscape.

I play very little, just an Angela and then an Iceman because I had too many cards in hand.

Opponent plays Moon Girl on 4 and snaps. (Is there a reason to snap _after_ you've played Moon Girl? Shouldn't you snap before? Anyway.)

Turn 5, they play Dino (with 15 power or something), I play all my 1-drops leaving just Ka-Zar and Blue Marvel, the latter of which gets discarded by Blade.

Turn 6 they receive my 1 card making their Dino tiny while I get their full hand including a Dino.

They retreat, I laugh my rear end off, not necessarily in that order.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Just started this game a day ago and am of course struggling since I’ve began matching up with actual people.

Trying to find decent pool 1 decks that I can actually build. I know zoo is the biggest one but I don’t have squirrel or angela (among others) but those seem to be in every deck. Been using a home brew Odin reveal that has won like every fourth game but obviously that’s not climbing. I was combing through the snap.fan site but if anyone has any other suggestions I’d appreciate it

Edit
No Elektra or cap America either what the hell I’m getting screwed on drops apparently

the_american_dream fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Nov 16, 2022

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Also if there’s like a good list of “these cards should be in your deck” in this thread I can go back and take a look. Just seemed like a lot of this thread was beta iirc

Like just discovering bishop seems to fit in every deck today

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao got so loving wrecked this morning, lost an 8 cube match by 1 point because I wasn't paying attention to order of operations and had my Nova explode before another card had flipped over so it didn't get the +1. Then went on a tilted rage bender and lost like four levels.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

the_american_dream posted:

Also if there’s like a good list of “these cards should be in your deck” in this thread I can go back and take a look. Just seemed like a lot of this thread was beta iirc

I wouldn’t build zoo without Angela but you should be getting her soon. There’s no uniform good card list but pool 1 cards I still see in pool 3 are

nightcrawler
Antman
Elektra
Angela
Sentinel
Colossus
Bishop
Punisher
Wolfsbane
Captain America
Mr Fantastic
Jess Jones
Odin
Spectrum

You could probably make a reasonable ongoing or on reveal list with Odin or spectrum as a finisher

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

https://marvelsnapzone.com/best-1-cost-cards/

https://marvelsnapzone.com/pool-1-decks/

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Nov 16, 2022

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

priznat posted:

Is there a good destruction deck build with Death? I found that discards don’t count with her, sigh. Don’t have many pool 3 yet.

code:

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Wolverine
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Dracula
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Omega Red
# (9) Death
#

This one's mine. Dracula's a good back up in case you don't get her down enough, and if you can line up where she'll go and get Omega Red there that usually wins

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

priznat posted:

Is there a good destruction deck build with Death? I found that discards don’t count with her, sigh. Don’t have many pool 3 yet.

This is what I’ve been using! There are probably better options out there, but it wins more than it loses - so what more could you ask for? The only pool 3 cards in it are Death and Taskmaster.

# (1) Angel
# (1) Nova
# (1) Yondu
# (2) Bucky Barnes
# (2) Carnage
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Deathlok
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Taskmaster
# (6) America Chavez
# (9) Death
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU3F1aXJyZWxHaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOb3ZhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCdWNreUJhcm5lcyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQ2FybmFnZSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGhsb2sifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IllvbmR1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhdGgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlRhc2ttYXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFtZXJpY2FDaGF2ZXoifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsIn1dfQ==

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Just started this game a day ago and am of course struggling since I’ve began matching up with actual people.

Trying to find decent pool 1 decks that I can actually build. I know zoo is the biggest one but I don’t have squirrel or angela (among others) but those seem to be in every deck. Been using a home brew Odin reveal that has won like every fourth game but obviously that’s not climbing. I was combing through the snap.fan site but if anyone has any other suggestions I’d appreciate it

Edit
No Elektra or cap America either what the hell I’m getting screwed on drops apparently

I ran Zoo without Squirrel Girl all through pools 1 and 2 with no trouble. She's much better in the "drop everything at the end" build I've been doing now, but you don't need her as much as you do like, Ant-Man

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

If I fully upgrade a card and get a new variant for it (or just buy an actual variant), there needs to be an easier way for me to change it out in my decks. I have a few cards that run in multiple decks and whenever I get one up to foil its a big pain in the rear end remembering where I need to go and manually change them all around

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I've really been enjoying this self-destruction/moongirl deck and fortunately this is yet another featured location that plays pretty well with it. It would probably be greatly improved with the addition of Death but unfortunately I don't have her yet!

# (1) Deadpool
# (1) Nova
# (2) Forge
# (2) Carnage
# (2) Mister Sinister
# (2) Okoye
# (3) Venom
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Hulkbuster
# (3) Sabretooth
# (4) Moon Girl
# (5) Devil Dinosaur
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVhZHBvb2wifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik5vdmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkNhcm5hZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1yU2luaXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikh1bGtidXN0ZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1vb25HaXJsIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJEZXZpbERpbm9zYXVyIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJWZW5vbSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FicmV0b290aCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRm9yZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IktpbGxtb25nZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik9rb3llIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

edit: if I cut anything here for her it would probably be Hulkbuster, it's a little too slow and if you play it you probably don't have time to get any of the destroy/duplicate shenanigans off.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Nov 16, 2022

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Opopanax posted:

If I fully upgrade a card and get a new variant for it (or just buy an actual variant), there needs to be an easier way for me to change it out in my decks. I have a few cards that run in multiple decks and whenever I get one up to foil its a big pain in the rear end remembering where I need to go and manually change them all around

It's not quite what you're asking for, but if you inspect a card and click the little grid icon, you can set one variant as a favorite. Then in the filter tab of the card selection screen, deselect "show all variants" and it will hide the ones you haven't marked as your favorite. Helps if you have some variants you don't like and don't plan on upgrading. I believe if you import a decklist it'll default to using whatever your favorites are as well.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Serperoth posted:

I ran Zoo without Squirrel Girl all through pools 1 and 2 with no trouble. She's much better in the "drop everything at the end" build I've been doing now, but you don't need her as much as you do like, Ant-Man

buffalo all day posted:

I wouldn’t build zoo without Angela but you should be getting her soon. There’s no uniform good card list but pool 1 cards I still see in pool 3 are

nightcrawler
Antman
Elektra
Angela
Sentinel
Colossus
Bishop
Punisher
Wolfsbane
Captain America
Mr Fantastic
Jess Jones
Odin
Spectrum

You could probably make a reasonable ongoing or on reveal list with Odin or spectrum as a finisher

Thanks I’ll give these a shot

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
My Ka-Zoo deck seems to have run out of steam, currently hovering around/clinging to rank 65. Or maybe I have run out of steam, I dunno.

Seems like there's always something loving with it, either locations or a dumb Iceman hitting my Blue Marvel. And when there's a good location, it seems to benefit my opponent harder than it does me.

Bright side, I did pull Arnim Zola, making this my pool 3 card collection:

2: Daredevil, Mojo, Quake
3: Black Cat, Debrii, Electro, Wave
4: Ghost Rider, Wong
5: Jane Foster
6: Arnim Zola, Giganto, Magneto, Ultron

Maybe it's time to try some other decks with one or more of these fancy pool 3 cards.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

goferchan posted:

It's not quite what you're asking for, but if you inspect a card and click the little grid icon, you can set one variant as a favorite. Then in the filter tab of the card selection screen, deselect "show all variants" and it will hide the ones you haven't marked as your favorite. Helps if you have some variants you don't like and don't plan on upgrading. I believe if you import a decklist it'll default to using whatever your favorites are as well.

If you click on a card in your deck and then click on the grid icon in the bottom left you can select a variant to swap in without needing to remove and re-add it. I guess it's still a pain if you have a lot of decks but I didn't even notice the grid icon at first.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Is there a way to sort cards by the number of boosters you have for them?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I love this stupid broken deck. Went into turn six with barely anything on the board so they snapped because they had a clear win, and then

You need a couple things to line up just right but when it clicks it does some magical things. I'm pretty sure it literally broke this time though as it took about 5 minutes

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You had wong out, played Magik, and they snapped?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I looked up wong, I looked up Magik, I read the location effects, and I still need someone to explain to me where those numbers came from :stare:

I can see theres some doubled doublings going on there but still, wtf

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 16, 2022

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Opopanax posted:

I love this stupid broken deck. Went into turn six with barely anything on the board so they snapped because they had a clear win, and then

You need a couple things to line up just right but when it clicks it does some magical things. I'm pretty sure it literally broke this time though as it took about 5 minutes

Explain

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Kinda wish there was a card filter option by pool too. Would be interested to see if I have any other pool 3s that I didn't realize.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

In general its Wong on 4, Magik on 5, Onslaught on 6, Mystique then ironheart + 1 drop on 7. Usual "intuitive" doubling rule applies and ironheart goes off 256 times for some loving reason.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 16, 2022

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

priznat posted:

Kinda wish there was a card filter option by pool too. Would be interested to see if I have any other pool 3s that I didn't realize.

I just filter by most recent and it's usually pretty easy to work out.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

buffalo all day posted:

Is there a way to sort cards by the number of boosters you have for them?

You can sort by 'Upgradeable'. That's almost the same thing.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

No Wave posted:

In general its Wong on 4, Magik on 5, Onslaught on 6, Mystique then ironheart + 1 drop on 7. Usual "intuitive" doubling rule applies and ironheart goes off 128 times for some loving reason.

Oh so this is just broken, ok.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

stev posted:

I just filter by most recent and it's usually pretty easy to work out.

:doh: totally missed that option

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Jack B Nimble posted:

Exponents tend to be yeah. Last night I explained to someone on Discord that Onslaught, Onslaught's Lab and Iron Man giving that location almost 1800 power is expected behaviour

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jack B Nimble posted:

It's how the mechanics are "supposed" to work but it still makes zero intuitive sense and the wording on Wong is straight up wrong.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I did nothing until turn 3,then played wave, which let me do Magik on turn 4, then turn 5 I played Wong and Sunspot so I can see why they would have been cocky, it looked like they had a clear win.

Jack B Nimble posted:

I looked up wong, I looked up Magik, I read the location effects, and I still need someone to explain to me where those numbers came from :stare:

I can see theres some doubled doublings going on there but still, wtf

Magik just helps buy me time/get some other cards out but isn't necessary. Essentially it's:
Wong doubles On Reveal Actions
Mystique takes on whatever ongoing was last played, so now On Reveals happen 4 times
Onslaught doubles any ongoing, so now they happen (in theory) 16 times.
At this point you play Iron Heart, Gambit, or one of a few other cards that work with it and win.

Now in this case it definitely broke something because Iron Heart trigger way more than 16 times, but even then its a pretty unstoppable setup and its 100% going to eat a nerf soon.

You need Wave and either Magik or Sera to make it all happen, and you need some other cards in specific orders, but when it comes together, boy does it

I don't remember if I posted it but this what I'm using

code:

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (3) Ironheart
# (3) Mystique
# (3) Gambit
# (3) Wave
# (3) Thor
# (4) Wong
# (5) Magik
# (5) Sera
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Onslaught

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 16, 2022

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

Oh gambit keeps destroying if you have no cards left? Nifty.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SlothBear posted:

Oh gambit keeps destroying if you have no cards left? Nifty.

Not normally but it seems to work with this deck (because the math winds up breaking things). Might be as intended with something like onslaught though

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Wong: Ongoing makes reveals happen 2x.
Onslaught: Ongoing doubles ongoings, doubled Wong makes reveals go up to 4x.
Mystique: On reveal gains the last ongoing, which is Onslaught's, and this on reveal is copied 4x. Mystique effectively becomes 4 Onslaughts in one card.

That gets you to a 64x multiplier of Ironheart already. Then you have Onslaught and Mystique doubling each other. So I would expect something like 8 more doublings, 4 from Mystique doubling Onslaught's one ability 4 times, 4 from Onslaught doubling Mystique's 4 abilities once.

But that would be 64x * 256x which would be way more power than appears in the screenshot, so suppose due to order of play or something, Mystique doubles Onslaught but it doesn't happen the other way around? Then it would be 64x * 16x = 1,024 firings of Ironheart = 6,144 power added, which is like four times as much as actually happened in that screenshot. So something in how I think it should work is way wrong, no idea what.

Vanilla Bison fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Nov 16, 2022

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry
I'm rank 83, CL 760 or so. I'm playing against people with infinite card backs

This is loving stupid

You can't drop below infinite. So they can take whatever 50/50s they want and it doesn't loving matter. I'm the only one actually losing. Oh, an oppo my level might retreat? They don't have to, they can just wait and see because they can't actually lose at that rank

loving dumb

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Vanilla Bison posted:

Wong: Ongoing makes reveals happen 2x.
Onslaught: Ongoing doubles ongoings, doubled Wong makes reveals go up to 4x.
Mystique: On reveal gains the last ongoing, which is Onslaught's, and this on reveal is copied 4x. Mystique effectively becomes 4 Onslaughts in one card.

That gets you to a 64x multiplier of Ironheart already. Then you have Onslaught and Mystique doubling each other. So I would expect something like 8 more doublings, 4 from Mystique doubling Onslaught's one ability 4 times, 4 from Onslaught doubling Mystique's 4 abilities once.

But that would be 64x * 256x which would be way more power than appears in the screenshot, so suppose due to order of play or something, Mystique doubles Onslaught but it doesn't happen the other way around? Then it would be 64x * 16x = 1,024 firings of Ironheart = 6,144 power added, which is like four times as much as actually happened in that screenshot. So something in how I think it should work is way wrong, no idea what.

I’m just going to enjoy it while it lasts

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Squiggly posted:

I'm rank 83, CL 760 or so. I'm playing against people with infinite card backs

This is loving stupid

You can't drop below infinite. So they can take whatever 50/50s they want and it doesn't loving matter. I'm the only one actually losing. Oh, an oppo my level might retreat? They don't have to, they can just wait and see because they can't actually lose at that rank

loving dumb
This is good for you, idk why you're mad.

Squiggly
Jan 25, 2006

I'm Your Huckleberry

No Wave posted:

This is good for you, idk why you're mad.

How is it good for me? It literally makes it harder to progress because my oppo has no incentive to retreat

Edit: yeah it's good if I can correctly win a 50/50 but that's not going to happen every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Imagine your retreat button was disabled. Would you end up giving more cubes to your opponents?