Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LfhwrV7ho4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

I really don't see why max having plausible deniability would matter, he is an entitled rear end in a top hat no matter how you slice it at least he isn't pretending to be otherwise.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Also from his radio messages it is clear he told them before he wasn’t going to give up positions so he was pissed at them for even asking.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
happy 93th birthday scuderia ferrari pride and joy of italy and heart of italy

#mission winno

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

#mission winno

if the red is for the heart is the yellow for the cholesterol that lurks in the heart of every italianissimo

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.

Serjeant Buzfuz posted:

I really don't see why max having plausible deniability would matter, he is an entitled rear end in a top hat no matter how you slice it at least he isn't pretending to be otherwise.

You're right, it doesn't matter. The only difference of him pretending to not be an rear end in a top hat is maybe it would have been less dramatic.

But maybe not.

E: I guess he would have come off as a slightly different kind of rear end in a top hat. If he went with "I can pass Alonso" instead of "no, because reasons", I think more people would be willing to look the other way. More like "he's just competitive to a fault" instead of "he seems like an rear end in a top hat for literally no reason."

Personal Lucubrant fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Nov 16, 2022

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

#mission winno

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Personal Lucubrant posted:

You're right, it doesn't matter. The only difference of him pretending to not be an rear end in a top hat is maybe it would have been less dramatic.

But maybe not.

E: I guess he would have come off as a slightly different kind of rear end in a top hat. If he went with "I can pass Alonso" instead of "no, because reasons", I think more people would be willing to look the other way. More like "he's just competitive to a fault" instead of "he seems like an rear end in a top hat for literally no reason."
lmao no
Why does he have to make lame rear end excuses when he could just, you know, be honest?

Are you a George Russel fan? Did you get to half mast when his simpering tone came on the radio and he made up stories about running over debris, instead of just making his own decisions?
Cause that's the bullshit you're asking Max to do.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Zeta Acosta posted:

#mission winno

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Checo is as much of a oval office as Verstappen and anybody going out to bat with this whole wah wah Mean Max poo poo is objectively deluded.

The only way you can be redeemed of the association with that whole nazi youth fizzy drink adulterous viper pit is to leave and be a good lad like Are Seb.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Charles Leclerc posted:

Checo is as much of a oval office as Verstappen

This is just as crazy as when people say "AKSHUALLY, Checo is faster then Max but can't get used to the car." Possibly crazier.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

Khablam posted:

lmao no
Why does he have to make lame rear end excuses when he could just, you know, be honest?

Because it's loving stupid and it accomplishes nothing.

By not agreeing to it, you damage your relationship with one of the more dedicated number 2's in recent memory, and you gain nothing. Nothing about anything else changes. You just potentially gently caress yourself a bit.

By agreeing to it, you then have built in leverage and good will in future interactions, including ones were potentially the outcome ISNT loving meaningless to you.

This is literally the social equivalent of taking the dummy inside pass to get repassed on the next corner because you had to go off line in the first one.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Charles Leclerc posted:

a good lad like Are Seb.

:hmmyes:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Khablam posted:

lmao no

Are you a George Russel fan? Did you get to half mast when his simpering tone came on the radio and he made up stories about running over debris, instead of just making his own decisions?
Cause that's the bullshit you're asking Max to do.

I can’t say I’m shocked Khablam doesn’t understand not being a prick to people

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Obviously max didn't have to "give" back the place and obviously he can throw a tantrum on the radio again when Chico doesn't just let him through next time.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

If Perez didn't learn from letting through Max in Spain and then being refused the return when strategy made him quicker than really he has himself to blame.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

itt terminally online goons confused that being the biggest prick possible makes people less inclined to like you

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Khablam posted:

lmao no

Gee, I don't know? Maybe to not piss off his teammate who was nicknamed the "Minister of Defense" after helping him win the championship in Abu Dhabi last year? 🤔

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
Countdown until Max snaps when he gets a follow up question re: his poo poo attitude during tomorrow's presser.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

If Max channelled Marshawn Lynch and just answered "I'm only here so I won't get fined" to every question, do you think he would get fined?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Gee, I don't know? Maybe to not piss off his teammate who was nicknamed the "Minister of Defense" after helping him win the championship in Abu Dhabi last year? 🤔
Perez was asked to stop someone overtaking him. Something he should do anyway for like ... he's in a race?
It also had zero bearing on the race or championship standings.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Well Max Verstappen's mother thinks Perez is a cheater so there.

aluminumonkey
Jun 19, 2002

Reggie loves tacos

acidx posted:

Max needs his mommy to fight his battles

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Found Khablam's motorsport.com account:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I almost wish I could live that detached from reality.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

these people are going to jan 6th a grand prix one day

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
It would've been 100% justified and #blessed for the People to storm the stewards' hut at the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Khablam posted:

Perez was asked to stop someone overtaking him. Something he should do anyway for like ... he's in a race?

if it had zero bearing there's no reason to do it

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

acidx posted:

I don't think you can trust her judgment considering her past mistakes

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

MustardFacial posted:

Actually that's one of my sock puppets please don't @ me like that

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ArmZ posted:

I mean we're posting in 2022 about something that happened in 2021 my dude.
We can see what happened at Abu Dhabi and note that Perez did not, in fact "win the championship for Max" since the race was nullified after he raced Lewis.

The leaps of fantasy Max-haters are going to in order to create Max, The Supervillain are something to behold.

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Khablam posted:

ArmZ posted:

Basically this. It only had zero bearing on the race because Latifi crashed and brought out the safety car.

If you have a crystal ball that can give you that kind of prescient information, why are you posting on this dead gay comedy forum instead of winning every lottery and being the smuggest, winningest motherfucker at literally anything else in the world?

But alas, we can't see the future, and your bad-faith argument is completely worthless.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/eliz_blackstock/status/1592991830299521025?s=20&t=sG27ELsPlj6elXL2aoesvw

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

No matter the year Lewis and his fans are all #blessed.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

MustardFacial posted:

This is beautiful. I am The Red Bull.

marshalljim posted:

It would've been 100% justified and #blessed for the People to storm the stewards' hut at the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Agreed OP. #MakeF1BlessedAgain

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The most important part of all this, is with all the super hysteria about whether Max was too mean to the two-time cheater, no one is talking about the Tory mannequin's first win.
That's a gift Max has given us all.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Khablam posted:

The most important part of all this, is with all the super hysteria about whether Max was too mean to the two-time cheater, no one is talking about the Tory mannequin's first win.
That's a gift Max has given us all.

Max is pretty hard on himself, true.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Max NoPassen

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
mick out at haas

hulkenberg in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU