Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

I hope to see Lost Kingdoms 1/2 come to Playstation, somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acksplode
May 17, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I just want to give a special shoutout to the insane variety of background fauna in Ragnarok, from obvious stuff like fish and birds and plants, to rats, little mushroom head dudes, lizards, bugs, monkeys, flying lizard faeries, fireflies, carnivorous plants, things that wave at you, things that sit there and stare at you, and so many other details that are easy to miss if you are speedrunning through it.

Also the checkpointing system is :kiss:

I like to splat them with my axe

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Oh I thought we were talking about Metal Wolf Chaos

Armored Core 4 Answer

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

little mushroom head dudes
First time I saw these I pretty much just went "EEEEEEEEE :haw:" really loud

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Finally nabbed one of these. I flipped through several pages of the thread - excellent op - and have a question. I want to get some couch coop games to play with a gaming total novice. I've seen overcooked and it takes two as suggestions, but can't seem to find any other suggestions. Anyone got any ideas?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Finished Ragnarok and voted for it in the game awards. Sorry Elden Ring, great world and art design but dark souls is very ten years ago.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
i must be near the end if ya'll just finished...just checked and yea like 3 missions left

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

haveblue posted:

Elden Ring is a 3-way tie for second best from game

Elden Ring, Sekiro and Bloodborne.

First place obviously being Dark Souls 2.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Rolo posted:

Elden Ring, Sekiro and Bloodborne.

First place obviously being Dark Souls 2.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

BigHead posted:

Finally nabbed one of these. I flipped through several pages of the thread - excellent op - and have a question. I want to get some couch coop games to play with a gaming total novice. I've seen overcooked and it takes two as suggestions, but can't seem to find any other suggestions. Anyone got any ideas?

Overcooked is very good, but it gets intense. You are working under a time limit, and you guys will end up screaming at each other. So I don't know, might be a bit much for a novice.

Do you like beat em ups? The recent ninja turtles game Shredder's Revenge is very good.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Sekiro is best From. Elden Ring, Bloodborne, and whichever Dark Souls I’m in the mood for at the moment can share the three way tie for 2nd.

I’m sorry DeS.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
Wow, I just beat Godric on the first attempt. Obviously I used the npc summon and my pet jellyfish, but still, after how tough magrit was I was expecting to bash my head against him for ages.

I'm actually kinda disappointed :/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I recommend always trying to solo bosses first. What level are you?

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The Perfect Element posted:

Wow, I just beat Godric on the first attempt. Obviously I used the npc summon and my pet jellyfish, but still, after how tough magrit was I was expecting to bash my head against him for ages.

I'm actually kinda disappointed :/

Godric is easier than Margit.

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."
About 10 hours into Ragnarok. Just finished the desert storm side quest and, man, this game loving rules. I'm going to try my best to play only 1-2 hours at a time and draw this out.

gently caress dark elves though. I like fighting light elves way more.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

The big dark elf that blinds you is my most hated enemy in the game, it’s just so frustrating when they get you with that attack

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Finished off the main story in Ragnarok and did the post game stuff and got the platinum, One of my favorite games all year next to Elden Ring, Forbidden West. Took me just shy of 60 hours to get the plat.

A few great postgame bosses at the end and little bits of content.

I only have minor complaints, the camera is a bit slow in some of the faster fights and a few of the optional bosses were downright unfair but I managed to overcome them. I also hate how you're hard locked out of certain areas and need to backtrack a bit too much to complete areas.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

Escobarbarian posted:

I recommend always trying to solo bosses first. What level are you?

I think I'm 34 now. Which omg is also how old I am irl!!!!

And hell yeah he's easier than Margit. In general it seems like big slow enemies are always way, way easier than smaller more aggressive ones. Or loving massive aggressive ones, like Margit.

Don't really know where to go now, so just gonna explore liurnia of the lakes until I figure it out. I think I should examine the rune thing Godric dropped and head to a tower? Can't actually find it in my inventory now though.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

The Perfect Element posted:

I think I'm 34 now. Which omg is also how old I am irl!!!!

And hell yeah he's easier than Margit. In general it seems like big slow enemies are always way, way easier than smaller more aggressive ones. Or loving massive aggressive ones, like Margit.

Don't really know where to go now, so just gonna explore liurnia of the lakes until I figure it out. I think I should examine the rune thing Godric dropped and head to a tower? Can't actually find it in my inventory now though.

It's more that the timing of Margit's attacks is really staggered and unusual, like, they are very fast attacks but they have weirdly timed chargeups and swing in wild directions.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

goddamn Vanaheim is some god tier level design. SMS really learned a thing or two from the Souls games, and the hunts are some dope fights

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005

It's more that the timing of Margit's attacks is really staggered and unusual, like, they are very fast attacks but they have weirdly timed chargeups and swing in wild directions.

I think that's a pretty common theme of elden ring enemies actually. Their wind ups always take half a second longer than you expect, so you get smashed just after you've run out of rolling iframes.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I kind of wish they’d spread the side content around more across the other realms because there’s so loving much of it in Vanaheim, and it’s probably my least favourite realm now with all the convoluted back and forth that the layout brings when you’re just trying to get poo poo done.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I love Vanaheim so much, especially in later stages. It's like a giant puzzle box. :allears:

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

The whole crater area felt like a nice mix of souls and Ragnarok. That might just be because my souls brain imagines parallels, but the loopy level design and enemy placement felt From-y to me. I’d like an entire game with in that style.

r u ready to WALK posted:

The big dark elf that blinds you is my most hated enemy in the game, it’s just so frustrating when they get you with that attack

Is this still a thing in Ragnarok? It annoyed me in the first game but I don’t think it happened to me in the new one.

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

BigHead posted:

There's a whole genre of Overcooked-alikes, like Moving Out, Tools Up, and, uh, there's a couple others. That PS+ game, Heavenly Bodies, is a neat puzzle coop though it's definitely not for everyone. Semi-coops like Crawl have found a niche in my rotations, too. That oughta give you a place to start; what kind of stuff does your novice like in general? You can narrow or expand the list from there.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

It's 5am, the Ragnarok credits just wrapped at the 42 hour mark on Give Me Balance, most of the major sidequests done with some postgame cleanup tomorrow.

Absolute 10/10 game. Incredible.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
I should probably play this ragnarok game everyones going on about at some point

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

tactics

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

ogre

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I've got major progress to make up in God of Tactics: RebOgre this week. Also Deep Rock Season 3. And Callisto Protocol in 2 weeks. And I still need to play Plague Tale Requiem, and Valkyrie Profile releases near xmas ahhhhhhhh :kingsley: gaming is driving me mad

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

I should probably play this ragnarok game everyones going on about at some point

It’s my favorite video game story in a long time, since at least Last of Us 2, probably longer? but that’s how long it’s been since I’ve felt that “I can’t wait to see how this ends” feeling towards a game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'd love to play my copy of Ragnarock that someone at the post office stole

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Demon's Souls is great but I forgot how finicky Dragon God boss was. I died probably 20 times trying to figure out how to destroy pillars before he oneshots you.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

WaltherFeng posted:

Demon's Souls is great but I forgot how finicky Dragon God boss was. I died probably 20 times trying to figure out how to destroy pillars before he oneshots you.

Yeah, it can be pretty unforgiving. I think I got lucky by having some kind of projectile magic on my warrior class, or a bow or something to chip away at the blocks, but I still died half a dozen times on both the PS3 and PS5 version.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rolo posted:

It’s my favorite video game story in a long time, since at least Last of Us 2, probably longer? but that’s how long it’s been since I’ve felt that “I can’t wait to see how this ends” feeling towards a game.

Tbf I kinda feel the same way about :

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

I'd love to play my copy of Ragnarock that someone at the post office stole

I hope you get to play it soon and like what you find. :kratos:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I probably won't bother with Shopto again for physical stuff, there's no advantage now they're not the cheapest or send stuff out two days early. Their lost items process is 'wait two weeks then fill out a .pdf file and submit it to their wonky ticket system and hope it doesn't get closed with no comment'.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bought both the new pokemen from shopto because after 24 years I finally don’t care if they show up for launch day if I can have them a little bit cheaper.

Like a week ago they emailed trying to upsell me to pay £6 for DPD delivery instead of Royal Mail.

They’ve never lost any of my orders but there’s a first time for everything!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

fridge corn posted:

Tbf I kinda feel the same way about :

Fair because I’ve never played a tactics ogre.

:goleft:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
tactics ogre lol sure. poo poo grid gameplay but it’s yelling “that bad guy had a family!!!!!!!” at you every 20 seconds. no thanks

jk ily all ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️