Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

tinytort posted:

And non-kosher/non-halal. Which might exclude a larger market than OP thinks.

This is true, meeting common dietary restrictions is a good idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Sundae posted:

Whatever this thread’s future might be, can we not drop “retard” slurs in TYOOL 2022? No mods, no masters, but I doubt it’ll stay that way for long if the forum goes down that rabbit-hole.

just replace it with "rationale"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

moana posted:

He got probated for it, just took a little longer.

I'm a woman, you illiterate r-word. At least use a gender-neutral "they"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

“Keep things civil”, I said. “Please post better”, I said. “Stop using” that term, I said.

The above two posters are taking short time outs and I will again state: play nice. This thread will be receiving extra scrutiny.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
If only Rationale's donuts or business plan (or lack thereof) would also receive 'additional scrutiny'.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

pmchem posted:

“Keep things civil”, I said. “Please post better”, I said. “Stop using” that term, I said.

The above two posters are taking short time outs and I will again state: play nice. This thread will be receiving extra scrutiny.

Power changed you, dog.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Chevy Slyme posted:

If only Rationale's donuts or business plan (or lack thereof) would also receive 'additional scrutiny'.

It may the that his enthusiastic donut baking posts are better suited for Goons with Spoons than BFC. If this thread produces no content relevant to BFC, it will eventually no longer be active in BFC. That may be due to the thread being closed, it dying from inactivity, or it being moved.

In the meantime please report inappropriate posts, and again: play nice.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

I got the tude now posted:

Power changed you, dog.

I believe BFC is largely self-regulating, but this thread was/is causing headaches. I would prefer to not ever need to post in this thread again!

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

When can I come buy these donuts?

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Rationale posted:

Keep negging me there’s nothing I want more than goon approval

please do good at donuts I want you to succeed now

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

pmchem posted:

I believe BFC is largely self-regulating, but this thread was/is causing headaches. I would prefer to not ever need to post in this thread again!

Sorry you’re getting reports, I think this thread is fun.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer

pmchem posted:

Make me IK. I will ignoreread reports from this thread so you don't have to

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

This thread is mostly fun IMO but getting boring without INTERIOR SHOTS OF THE SHOP, RATIONALE YOU JERK.

:colbert: Blood for the bizgoons.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Sundae posted:

This thread is mostly fun IMO but getting boring without INTERIOR SHOTS OF THE SHOP, RATIONALE YOU JERK.

:colbert: Blood for the bizgoons.

There is no shop, hth

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

hallo spacedog posted:

There is no shop, hth

the dilapidated warehouse then, whatever

doobie's donut den, with torn up insulation piled high

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

pmchem posted:

This thread will be receiving extra scrutiny.

Tired: Extra scrutiny

Wired: Extra sprinkles

Galaxy: Extra health code deficiencies!

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Rationale, please make a spreadsheet to prevent this thread from being moved.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I don't think you could even give those donuts away for bear hunting.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Rationale posted:

Well you were a baker and couldn’t tell a buttermilk donut when you saw one so I wonder how people act when they see you

Rationale posted:

I mean, there’s meaner stuff to say but I’ve done too much acid in my time to enjoy that type of thing

Rationale posted:

Talk poo poo like what? I’m being lovely because I’m being treated lovely.

And yeah I’m pipe trades drat zinger you got me. Who is job shaming anybody?

I’m on like my hundredth donut and pk is giving me a bunch of poo poo and so I am making GBS threads back wtf

With an attitude like yours, you could probably make it as a donut cart guy in New York. It would no doubt be very lucrative. You could charge :10bux: a donut, and tourists would pay it.

If NY-level assertiveness and sarcasm alone didn't level problematic customers, you could use your skills to get 'em in a headlock.

Sell your shack, IMO, and use the proceeds to pay the bribes to get your NY cart license.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Sundae posted:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Those donuts look like a bunch of mashed up assholes, no way anyone who is not destitute would eat those things

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Rationale posted:

Keep negging me there’s nothing I want more than goon approval

Lmfao someone's more than a little fragile over this.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

How is a thread about starting a “business” not BFC content? And By business I mean selling stuff without starting a business on paper, getting licenses, paying taxes, etc.

The donut drama must continue.

And also without the selling so far.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
im here for slutty donut pics where are the nudes

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

sticksy posted:

Those donuts look like a bunch of mashed up assholes

Woah, gimmick found

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

When can I come buy these donuts?

I was planning on back to school season but it might take my broke rear end til Christmas

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Wife is filing the papers and she said she’ll name everything after herself if I don’t come up with a cool name in like a week does anyone have any cool names I can use?

One for the property and one for the business.

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Dunning, Kruger and Sons Donut Company

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Rationale posted:

Wife is filing the papers and she said she’ll name everything after herself if I don’t come up with a cool name in like a week does anyone have any cool names I can use?

business papers, not divorce papers right?

donutse.cx

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

comedy goldmine

or business, finance, and careers

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
What about a big sign that says "DONUTS & COFFEE" ?

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Rationale posted:

I was planning on back to school season but it might take my broke rear end til Christmas

So you might want to put a pin in it until spring, Jan and feb is a big slump in restaurant sales.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Rationale posted:

T he donut hole

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

You’re filing as an LLC, right? Or will you choose a different business enterprise?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Sundae posted:

What about a big sign that says "DONUTS” & “COFFEE" ?

Had to add in two more “‘s to be accurate

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'

TV Zombie posted:

You’re filing as an LLC, right? Or will you choose a different business enterprise?

Yeah, llc for the building llc for the business and maybe eventually llc for our personal assets.

That way hopefully if any one thing suffers a catastrophe it doesn’t hurt the rest of us.

Money lawyer was selling living life as a corporation where your business owns your house your car your mangas et cetera and you pay income tax on the 50k you pay yourself but I don’t think I need to worry about that kind of tax sheltering anytime soon.

Chevy Slyme posted:

Rationale, please make a spreadsheet to prevent this thread from being moved.

I’m putting some time on it but I keep starting over because I don’t believe in my biz wiz skills. I ordered a green translucent hat to see if that helps.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

ilmucche posted:

business papers, not divorce papers right?

donutse.cx

First one, then the other

vs Dinosaurs
Mar 14, 2009
good news is that you may automatically shelter yourself from taxes by not making any money

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

This should be the name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

vs Dinosaurs posted:

good news is that you may automatically shelter yourself from taxes by not making any money

alas making no money is not an effective tax shelter, because lots of businessy things can be directly taxed

for a random example in my city every business pays a flat tax per POS machine, which is dumb as hell because it disincentivizes fast lines at stores, but there you go.