Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I think its possible to do orks in a game like this.

Instead of hordes of zombies you do a grot swarm, regular boys would be like armored troops they require a couple shots to put down. Nobs would be big dudes and Boss Nobs would be like healthbar bosses.

Then you got your special weapons boys.
Runtherder would be a grabber enemy.
Lootas or Flash Gitz would be a highly damaging heavy weapons.
Burna boys, flamethrower nuff said.
Kommandos for sneaky assassination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

So are you saying they posted a fake VA announcement, or they paid two different actors to record one character's lines, or what?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Each class and gender for that class has multiple possible voices. (Ogryns are only males.)

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Siivola posted:

So are you saying they posted a fake VA announcement, or they paid two different actors to record one character's lines, or what?

The VA announcement is real but I think incomplete. Until every voice is accounted for, I'm sticking to my guns on this. If they've already accounted for everyone then I will admit I'm wrong, though I will be very passive aggressive about it

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

milkandcookies has his class guide up. Also heartly lol at that Ogryn grenade box throw at 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqhAmPIRScU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Nice.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Perfect

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

DeathSandwich posted:

Yeah, Fatshark has explicitly said no marines, chaos or otherwise and I believe them.

Besides, thats the obvious escalation point for Darktide 2. I bet they save it for the next game.

I imagine if they put them in then they'd put them as a healthbar boss at the end of the run. Their equivalent in Vermintide got turned into punks pretty fast with some ranged damage so if they did the same here it'd have to be more canon "one marine is worth a thousand infantry" types.

Does the beta reset progress or is it just an early access to the game?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Internet Explorer posted:

milkandcookies has his class guide up. Also heartly lol at that Ogryn grenade box throw at 1:18

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqhAmPIRScU

Dude poo-poo's Ogryn's grenade box but it does shitloads of damage to bosses with a good hit and can kill/stagger specials. It is definitely a bit mid, it especially sucks that you only have one to use, but chucking it to delete a special with a well placed shot seemed pretty decent to me.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
ONE HOUR LEFT

https://youtube.com/shorts/1gylluSlCVc?feature=share

GET READY OR GET PURGED

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This is my first entry into the series, well besides the time I briefly tried out Vermintide 2. Pretty excited for this one.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

Dude poo-poo's Ogryn's grenade box but it does shitloads of damage to bosses with a good hit and can kill/stagger specials. It is definitely a bit mid, it especially sucks that you only have one to use, but chucking it to delete a special with a well placed shot seemed pretty decent to me.

Yeah, he seems rather down on Ogryn in general, which sucks because I think he was excited about them. He's by far a better player than me, but after spending a good amount of time watching his videos I realize that I play way more aggressive and maybe that will work for me. I dunno. I'm playing with friends who aren't quite as experienced at 'tide games, so I'm okay with playing a slightly weaker character with them if that is indeed the case.

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Nov 17, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah, he seems rather down on Ogryn in general, which sucks because I think he was excited about them. He's by far a better player than me, but after spending a good amount of time watching his videos I realize that I play way more aggressive and maybe that will work for me. I dunno. I'm playing with friends who aren't quite as experience at 'tide games, so I'm okay with playing a slightly weaker character with them if that is indeed the case.

It didn't seem too bad to me in the beta, like obviously he won't be as survivable as a max level Bardin but it felt alright to me. I'm all in on Ogryn either way :getin:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am this close to pressing the buy button, but the potential grindmill makes me wary.

I don't suppose the game will launch with a Chaos Wastes equivalent game mode, will it? That was by far the best part of VT2 (and I wish there was a client for just that, game is big)

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
He didn't really say they were bad or unplayable or anything from what I watched though, at worst slightly more sub optimal than the others. I also find that sometimes youtubers, in their quest for "optimal play" will quickly jump on an assumption or declare a meta and not play through the many permutations of a level or playstyle or whatever to get a full overlook of a thing.

I'm sure a competent player will be able to play and complete all the content on all the difficulties as an Ogryn. If they can't then they'll buff them as well of course cause that'd be rubbish otherwise.

ZearothK posted:

I am this close to pressing the buy button, but the potential grindmill makes me wary.

I don't suppose the game will launch with a Chaos Wastes equivalent game mode, will it? That was by far the best part of VT2 (and I wish there was a client for just that, game is big)

If they are then they haven't said anything about it yet. There's 5 zones with 13 missions with random modifiers/routes going through them in the initial release is all they've said. So they've tried to make the main missions have a little bit more randomisation from what it sounds like.

If there's a Chaos Wastes equivalent mode it'd be an endgame thing so maybe they'd keep it under wraps but generally you trumpet big back of box features like that I think. I'd bet on it coming in the future as a way to get a playerbase bump personally.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 17, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

moosecow333 posted:

One of the ogryn voices is Bardin to a T. If they went out of their way to replace the popular voice actors with people just doing impersonations I would think they would get a ton of backlash. People go crazy for voice actors they love.

Per IMDB the U5 voices are as follows - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7979608/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm:

Saltspyre - Tim Bentinick
Kruber - Dan Mersh
Goreksson - David Rintoul
Kerillian - Alix Wilton Regan
Sienna - Bethan Dixon Bate

All the voice actors that are in the betas are here: https://www.playdarktide.com/news/dev-blog-voices-of-the-41st-millennium

There is no overlap.

Edit: Having new voices pop up for the live release that beta players can't take without remaking their characters would be a dick move.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 17, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

It didn't seem too bad to me in the beta, like obviously he won't be as survivable as a max level Bardin but it felt alright to me. I'm all in on Ogryn either way :getin:

thebardyspoon posted:

He didn't really say they were bad or unplayable or anything from what I watched though, at worst slightly more sub optimal than the others. I also find that sometimes youtubers, in their quest for "optimal play" will quickly jump on an assumption or declare a meta and not play through the many permutations of a level or playstyle or whatever to get a full overlook of a thing.

I'm sure a competent player will be able to play and complete all the content on all the difficulties as an Ogryn. If they can't then they'll buff them as well of course cause that'd be rubbish otherwise.

For sure. He did specifically spell out that they're not crap. He just seemed a little cool on them compared to his previous videos. I do think playstyle might play a big part of it. And like you said, if there's a problem I'm sure they'll buff him. Not hard to add a bit more toughness or whatever. I'm still very, very stoked to play Ogryn. I really want some info on 2h weapons, though! I can't stand it!

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
Having played in the Closed Beta, I can't wait to pop some heads as a Psyker and I'm looking forwards to seeing the other staff variants I didn't get to try in the closed beta.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Someone really needs to put together a Psyker hype video with this song in the background but with the chorus "I can make your head pop."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2V6yjjPbX0

Internet Explorer fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 17, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i assume any progress made starting today will be kept, right? not resetting on release day?

getting kinda tempted to throw down my "pre"order money today, won't lie

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How do you access the beta if you've pre-ordered?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ciaphas posted:

i assume any progress made starting today will be kept, right? not resetting on release day?

getting kinda tempted to throw down my "pre"order money today, won't lie

As has been said about twice a page for the last 5 or so Fatshark is noncommittal - More than likely they are only going to wipe in the case of a showstopper bug. Per the developers words "The further into beta without a wipe, the less likely it will be"

Edit: Can we get that developer quote added to the OP or something?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Popete posted:

How do you access the beta if you've pre-ordered?

It will just show available to download in Steam when it releases in a few minutes. There was no preload.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

It will just show available to download in Steam when it releases in a few minutes. There was no preload.

Cool, thank!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hear if you equip the cursed ring and walk around kefka's tower 255 times you get the darktide beta 15 minutes early

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

DeathSandwich posted:

As has been said about twice a page for the last 5 or so Fatshark is noncommittal - More than likely they are only going to wipe in the case of a showstopper bug. Per the developers words "The further into beta without a wipe, the less likely it will be"

Edit: Can we get that developer quote added to the OP or something?

sorry, reading is hard 😞

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i hear if you equip the cursed ring and walk around kefka's tower 255 times you get the darktide beta 15 minutes early

sorry I can't hear you over the sound of Jesper Kyd blasting

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Cowcaster posted:

But how many times do I need to loop in the river before Ultros?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DL is up, 32 GB download

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I got the imperial edition and it’s not letting me download. Anyone else run into this?

Edit: Finally popped.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Quite A Tool posted:

I got the imperial edition and it’s not letting me download. Anyone else run into this?

try closing and reopening Steam if you haven't already

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Yeah make sure to fully exit Steam and relaunch, it shows up then.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

:siren:DOWNLOADING NOW :siren:

YOU BETTER WATCH OUT NURGLE CAUSE THE MACHO CADIANS COMIN FOR YOOOU

https://youtu.be/KXPXHxBOy8Y

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Why the hell didn't they allow a preload for this? Servers are getting slammed rn.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Yeah I had already done a full restart and it didn’t work. Then it just popped like 30 seconds after I made this post hah. Excited about this.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Triggs posted:

Why the hell didn't they allow a preload for this? Servers are getting slammed rn.

Given how few things have preloads these days it's probably annoying to get in touch with the one person at Valve who still cares about it or whatever is going on over there.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

https://youtube.com/shorts/CShVd-eo9XQ?feature=share

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm having an issue where the game lets me click play, thinks about it for like a second, and then closes. It's not even really crashing it's just like failing to open.

Ah beta.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
I don't think Marines of any variety are going to be in Darktide, because there's literally no reason they would. Just because there's imperium doesn't mean there'll be marines, especially doing the inquisition's dirty work, and just because there's chaos doesn't mean there would be spiky marines, either.

That said, in a potential sequel or any other type of tide game they should totally just be VT2 Chaos Warrior analogues. What makes marines 40k isn't the unending circlejerk over how they're all Captain America in an Ironman suit. It's the bit where they randomly end up dead in a ditch because human life, including marines, has no value in the big picture. That's the 40k bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Got it set to dowload on my lunchtime.
Short shift so i got all evening to pop heretical heads with mind powers