Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

This is pretty funny considering Ghengis’s oldest son and whose family lead one of the longest lived clans, had no blood relation to Ghengis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

PhazonLink posted:

can I just say the grind/hustle mind set is stupid as gently caress even if we do get dumb bird posts like the king of grind saying a 100$/month payout is a better passive income than taking a multi million dollar lump sum.

just a bunch of stupid beta gently caress boys barking dumb poo poo.

Absofrigginlutely. If someone at work is always going on about how hard they're working and staying late etc etc I want to avoid them as much as I possibly can!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

War Wizard posted:

Lol. This is why I'm not opposed to cannibalism in the coming apocalypse.

I mean the first rule of an apocalypse is to immediately start a cannibal cult.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Great, not only do you have the climate catastrophe to wade through, and the explosion of the new Monarchy, but it will also be absolutely brimming with unfuckable nerds.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Elon has to keep making more kids to make up for the ones that disown him

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

Great, not only do you have the climate catastrophe to wade through, and the explosion of the new Monarchy, but it will also be absolutely brimming with unfuckable nerds.

*horse faced lady with inch thick glasses* "I must pass on my brilliant genes!!"

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

The space rockets are actually only there to circle the Earth with chemtrails of Musk jizz.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

priznat posted:

Absofrigginlutely. If someone at work is always going on about how hard they're working and staying late etc etc I want to avoid them as much as I possibly can!

Our networking dude complained the other day about a time when he spent three days with no sleep fixing the network. I dunno when this was because the network is still poo poo and he's prone to self-aggrandizing, but I hope it's true because he's also a piece of poo poo and maybe this job will kill him and put the network out of his misery and it can finally get fixed.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

Can anyone share the full text of this article for those of us who can't get through the paywall?

I ask this knowing fully well that access will just get my angry at all these weirdos with too much money.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Cthulu Carl posted:

Our networking dude complained the other day about a time when he spent three days with no sleep fixing the network. I dunno when this was because the network is still poo poo and he's prone to self-aggrandizing, but I hope it's true because he's also a piece of poo poo and maybe this job will kill him and put the network out of his misery and it can finally get fixed.

Lol actual positive case for burnout in this case

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

I recommend reading the whole article but Jesus fuckin Christ

"He's very serious about the idea that your wealth is directly linked to your IQ,"

The logical next step is to raise median wealth. Why not done Elong?

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Given the chance I'd sterilize most of these people as genetic inferiors.

Just fair warning, when this weird eugenics-adjacent poo poo crosses the line into full on eugenics, I'm coming for those nuts.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I hate these idiots who think success is due to genetics and not pure luck on where they happened to be born and to who.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Wasn't populating the world with his own progeny one of Jeffrey Epstein's grand ideas?

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

IBroughttheFunk posted:

Can anyone share the full text of this article for those of us who can't get through the paywall?

I ask this knowing fully well that access will just get my angry at all these weirdos with too much money.

https://archive.ph/ is the best trick for that that I've found

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Wasn't populating the world with his own progeny one of Jeffrey Epstein's grand ideas?

Yah it's mentioned in the article even. These people are narcissistic freaks.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Elder Postsman posted:

Yeah but there has been a ton of "lol now those lazy leeches gonna have to find real work" in response to people getting fired/laid off

they say you gotta do stem because that's what smart people do or whatever but then you get a job in it and you're a lazy piece of poo poo who thinks you're better than I am why don't you get a real job you fuckin lib

I would kill for a COBOL support job and only adjust reports. There are only <1000 positions open world wide but those positions are very secure.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

RDM posted:

Given the chance I'd sterilize most of these people as genetic inferiors.

Just fair warning, when this weird eugenics-adjacent poo poo crosses the line into full on eugenics, I'm coming for those nuts.

my balls are well protected. Hell they're overprotected.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/rlycalm/status/1593020452255195136?s=20

Elon dick rider having a normal one

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

DeeplyConcerned posted:

my balls are well protected. Hell they're overprotected.

I have replaced my balls with giant, smooth, and slapping pig balls much like:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3889777

So even if I lose one, I still have like the equivalent of 6 30 more balls.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

I mean, heck, an opportunity to bang someone with two of the same sex organ only comes along once in a blue moon right?

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

CharlestheHammer posted:

This is pretty funny considering Ghengis’s oldest son and whose family lead one of the longest lived clans, had no blood relation to Ghengis

Has it been proven that Jochi was of different lineage. It was always a question due to the circumstances of his birth but unknown as far as I know

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Has it been proven that Jochi was of different lineage. It was always a question due to the circumstances of his birth but unknown as far as I know

I mean if he wasn’t than Chatagai was a dick to him for no reason. In fact all the other brothers made fun of him for it outside Tolwei

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/status/1593307547980775424?s=20&t=SHfrodmtUhHINJzyj9xKeg

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Elon's "genius" is entirely based around his ability to have been born rich, so unless he picks up those child support payments it's not looking too good for his offspring

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Random Stranger posted:

Wait wait wait. There are non-evil HR people?

Yes. Union HR. /waves

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Prettz posted:

What are the other 3?

There's actually more than that, lol.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/31/spacexs-biggest-bangs-a-brief-history-of-elon-musks-exploding-rockets/

quote:

Falcon 9 explodes over Texas, Aug. 2014

SpaceX conducted a test flight of a three engine version of its FN9 test vehicle, the company said. An anomaly was detected during the flight, and the prototype’s termination system aborted the mission

Falcon 9 explodes over Cape Canaveral, June 2015

A rocket carrying carrying supplies and the first-of-its-kind docking port to the International Space Station broke up less than three minutes after liftoff. The rocket was traveling at 2,900 mph, 27 miles over Cape Canaveral when it exploded.

Falcon 9 launchpad explosion, Sept. 2016

This $62 million prototype blew up on its launchpad in Cape Canaveral during a test for a planned launch. No one was injured at the Kennedy Space Center but the blast destroyed a $200 million satellite that Facebook had planned to use.

Falcon Heavy core booster misses platform, June 2019

The two side boosters of SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy rocket landed safely at Cape Canaveral, but the core booster erupted in a fireball in the ocean after missing a floating platform.

Starship X blows up during testing, Nov. 2019

A Starship X cryogenic pressure test blew up the rocket prototype in Texas, sending a huge cloud of vapor pouring out of the rocket.

Starship X blows up during testing… again, March 2020

Another Starship X prototype barely got off the ground, as its top half went flying into the air during a Texas test.

Starship SN9 belly flops in high altitude, Feb. 2021

A prototype went up in flames ten kilometers above Texas after an otherwise successful test.

Starship SN10 successfully lands, then blows up, March, 2021

This prototype made it ten kilometers into the air and landed safely. That’s when things started going south.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

"A Bang Too Risky" was the sequel to "A Bridge Too Far".

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

priznat posted:

Lol actual positive case for burnout in this case

This is a dude who a couple weeks ago came into our area to rant about the Clinton Administration for about 20 minutes, then tried to convince us to put in overtime for a network upgrade so he could stay home.

Our boss told him to gently caress off after network guy said we'd need to be here at 9 PM.

I hate that dude, but my boss is solid.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

What about his uncle that worked at Nintendo?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol this dope would never dare turn down the Ardhanarishvara

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1593154189345316864

He got his 75% so he must be thrilled.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

William Bear posted:

This is the premise of the dumbest scene in The Fate of the Furious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoB_mdZxNlY

Wow I had no clue some of the scenes were filmed in Cleveland for that movie.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012

sebmojo posted:

https://archive.ph/ is the best trick for that that I've found

Thank you, much appreciated! And holy hell, the couple that this article focuses on are insufferable in ways beyond my expectations. Some choice selections:

quote:

"We're frustrated that one of the inherent points of this culture is that people are super private within it," Simone said. They not only hope that their transparency will encourage other members of the upper class to have more children; they want to build a culture and economy around the high-birth-rate lifestyle.

The payoff won't be immediate, Simone said, but she believes if that small circle puts the right plans into place, their successors will "become the new dominant leading classes in the world."

quote:

Before she met Malcolm, Simone was convinced she wanted to live her life single and child-free. But when she was 24, she decided to have her heart broken once just to say she'd done it. As she does with all her goals, she created a system: She made a profile on OKCupid, where a picture of her dressed as a Stormtrooper in a sultry pose was catnip for the nerds of Silicon Valley, and rated her dates out of 50. After a string of 16s, Malcolm scored a 42. She made him promise to break up with her after four months. "I resent being in love with him," she said. "I was so disturbed when I fell for him."

quote:

The Collinses worry that the overlap between the types of people deciding not to have children with the part of the population that values things like gay rights, education for women, and climate activism — traits they believe are genetically coded — is so great that these values could ultimately disappear.

quote:

I asked what set their vision apart from Gilead, the totalitarian regime depicted in "The Handmaid's Tale" that designates certain women as breeders.
"Gilead is what happens without a soft landing for demographic collapse!" Simone replied eagerly.

quote:

I asked the couple whether they really believed their seemingly boundless energy was feasible for high-birth-rate parents on a wide scale. "I think it's a mindset thing," answered Simone, who has no plans to stop working as she grows her family, though she does intend to outsource a significant amount of childcare to both paid professionals and communal child-rearing strategies.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol losing 75% of the <50% of employees you have left

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

bobjr posted:

What would be worse now the kids named after Elon or the kids named Khalessi after Game of Thrones

the child he named X Æ A-12

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

kazil posted:

lol losing 75% of the <50% of employees you have left

In short.

Twitter is hosed.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Dr. Fraiser Chain posted:

There are easier ways to do this. For instance, you can basically get 6 kids in Australia by donating semen. Plus, people would be willing to at the very least shell out for the cummies of the worlds richest man. If you really really want hundreds of descendants, just jack off into your flock.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

https://twitter.com/nxthompson/status/1593297068835184641

wow, it sure sucks that these are the only two ways to manage a company, apparently

hopefully someone comes up with a new, better way someday

Note: helen lewis super sucks(she works for the atlantic so duh) and is an enormous terf who also felt really bad for kavanaugh during his supreme court nomination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSD8HkGUEgE