Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Toxic Mental posted:

Can I get a pack without Peachy Keen? aka Grandma's Potpourri Water (Chinatown get owned!!!)

Peachy Keen was really good at first but I'm gonna put it as mid/upper tier monster, definitely not the best

The best are the rehab teas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Also, went in to buy cat food and some ramen (tonkotsu ftw) and spent over $100, whoops

I also picked up some Monster Enerrgy Drinks (obviously) and a HOLIDAY PACK of Zevia (ginger ale / cran ras / cream soda) also some socks and some yakisoba noodles

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Can I get a pack without Peachy Keen? aka Grandma's Potpourri Water (Chinatown get owned!!!)

its delicious bITCH

bagmonkey posted:

The best are the rehab teas

:agreed:

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Last night I ran into to get some canned cold brew, and when I was checking out the self checkout sensor kept rejecting the package. Person assisting there walked up and we both were trying to figure it out, and she noticed that the package had a stain on the bottom, and one of the cans had leaked out. I went back to get another package, and when I got to the pallet, there were 2 staff members look at this brown liquid on the floor near it. It took me a second to realize that while carrying around that package, it had leaked and tripped some on the floor as I wandered up to the front. I told the person that it was probably from that package, and I've never seen someone look so relieved that its just coffee.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

bagmonkey posted:

I carry a thing of hand sani in my pocket specifically because of this

Where's nom epique? The Monster cases were on clearance for $25 at my local Church. Roughly $1/can for your dopamine drinks!!!

I've been going with this embarrassing MusclePharm Combat Energy garbage that tastes pretty bad, but it's the cheapest, it has 300 mg caffeine per can, and I don't have the will to make coffee with all the poo poo I have to do in the morning before I even go to work.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If that's your goal why not just take a caffeine pill with water?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Tokelau All Star posted:

I've been going with this embarrassing MusclePharm Combat Energy garbage that tastes pretty bad, but it's the cheapest, it has 300 mg caffeine per can, and I don't have the will to make coffee with all the poo poo I have to do in the morning before I even go to work.

that's one of the worst brand names i've ever heard

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Anne Whateley posted:

I saw what they did to my girl Jessie Spano and got scared.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Anne Whateley posted:

I once dated someone who liked to grind up No-Doz pills into her coffee. Her personality was best described as “intense”.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

go to starbucks and tell em to keep pulling espresso shots until the venti cup is full to the brim :clint:

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

numberoneposter posted:

go to starbucks and tell em to keep pulling espresso shots until the venti cup is full to the brim :clint:

I worked at starbucks and this is literally a move one of my co-workers used to pull every few days

Bargearse posted:

Her personality was best described as “intense”.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Bargearse posted:

I once dated someone who liked to grind up No-Doz pills into her coffee. Her personality was best described as “intense”.

Most people just switch to meth at that point

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Whooping Crabs posted:

A soda and a dog is still cheaper than my subsidized high school lunch program. I graduated from high school 20 years ago (gently caress)

:same:

I got that lovely school pizza and a milk for $2 or something. 99-01

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Anne Whateley posted:

This is what I do sometimes now. Caffeine pills are cheap as poo poo.

Tokelau All Star posted:

:ohdear:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tokelau All Star posted:

Monster works well for me cuz I'm drinking caffeine with my amphetamines but I will make sure to not pick up MusclePharm Combat. It legit sounds like something I'd pick up just to try

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Think I already told you this but there was a Kwik trip a block away from my highschool that had 3 hotdogs and a 44 oz soda for $1.49 (hot dog station has a toppings bar too). I think school lunch was like $1.89. Just awful for you but it sure beat whatever the 300 calorie lunch at school was.

Also Hot N' Now had 4 hamburgers for $1 on Tuesdays so we would drive there sometimes.

2000-2002

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Caffeine pills were the only time I felt like a tweaker when I wasn't on some sort of amphetamine, bleh

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

caffeine pills are useful cause its not always practical or appropriate to mix up a jager bomb

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Pennywise the Frown posted:

In high school I would walk to my preferred 7-11 (there were two within a couple blocks of my school) and get a burrito and Big Gulp for 99 cents, which left me enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes. This was more like the mid-1980s, though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Whooping Crabs posted:

Think I already told you this but there was a Kwik trip a block away from my highschool that had 3 hotdogs and a 44 oz soda for $1.49 (hot dog station has a toppings bar too). I think school lunch was like $1.89. Just awful for you but it sure beat whatever the 300 calorie lunch at school was.

Also Hot N' Now had 4 hamburgers for $1 on Tuesdays so we would drive there sometimes.

2000-2002

Yeah we had a kwik trip across the street from my high school. It was hard to get out though. You'd have to sneak out (and get back in which was much harder) or at least not have a class during that time period so they'd let you out. Or know a cool teacher that knew you were legit and would come back when you say you will. I was a big dork though and would drive home and fall asleep for a bit while watching Modern Marvels on the history channel. And if I didn't have more classes the rest of the day I'd smoke weed and play counterstrike beta while listening to music. I was 16-17 or so.

Never went to kwik trip though. I was very tired for a lot of high school and just wanted to rest.

edit: I was there when Columbine happened so they locked that poo poo down over time. We all had to wear lanyards with IDs and it was so dumb. I was a REBEL and tied my lanyard through a belt loop in my pants and argued all the time with the AUTHORITY that it was still on my body despite not being around my neck. :smug:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 17, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tokelau All Star posted:

I appreciate this reference.

On the subject of "gaming" your coffee, I was on a high school overnight trip and sharing a room with a pair of idiots. These geniuses decided to rent a Genesis for the night, as this was a service the hotel offered. But to make sure that they got their* money's worth out of the experience, they were going to stay up all night and drink coffee. Energy drinks weren't really a thing then (late 90's). Sure, fine, knock yourself out. Except no, that wasn't going to be enough caffeine for them. So what's an enterprising moron to do? Well, they decided to brew a pot of coffee, and then use that coffee to brew another pot of coffee, instead of water. And of course probably dumped as much sugar as they had access to into the mix as well. I can't imagine it tasted good at all.

*So yeah, again, being 15-16 year old idiots, they thought that renting the system either was included in the room price, or would be billed to the room, which was being paid for by the school. Of course, that wasn't the case, and of course they had no cash on them, so when the bill came due, they had to go around, person to person, practically begging for $20 to cover the cost of their little adventure. Big tweaker energy.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Tuesday we made a pre-holiday trip. They had a flannel shirt/thermal undershirt combo by Jachs New York for $15. I picked up one to replace my favorite flannel that got wore out. Fits great and impressively heavy/warm. We'll be out that way again tonight so I'm gonna stop in and buy at least one more.

Also bought the Kirkland brand pate cat food for the first time. Big hit with our three. Our picky eater went to town on a dish of it. Gonna grab a couple more of those too while I'm at it.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

CaptainSarcastic posted:

In high school I would walk to my preferred 7-11 (there were two within a couple blocks of my school) and get a burrito and Big Gulp for 99 cents, which left me enough money to buy a pack of cigarettes. This was more like the mid-1980s, though.

The cash machine is blue and green
For a hundred in twenties and a small service fee
I could spend three dollars and sixty-three cents
On Diet Coca-Cola and unlit cigarettes

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Just popped into my local church for an eye exam and a slice. Few hundred later (exam and contacts) and I can see again!

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

A Costco opened today in my city. I got some Polar, some frozen pizzas, milk, salad mix and of course a dog and pep slice. PBUC

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long
About to go to Costco oh yeah

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Yeah I noticed this last weekend. RIP Don Miguel mini-tacos. Fuckin' loved those things with some 505

binge crotching posted:

The second biggest reason why I'm fat is because I toss 20 of them on a sheet pan to bake and have that for dinner on a regular basis. I can fit as many as 24, but 20 works better.

Trip report the Don Lee tacos use American cheese slices and overall give Jack In The Box taco vibes but not as good

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
drat Jack in the box tacos are the only good thing about the West coast tho

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

I’m gonna go to Costco.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Ror posted:

I’m gonna go to Costco.
Good. :colbert:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Jack in the box tacos suck major rear end. But I'll keep eating that garbage

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

Rollos posted:

About to go to Costco oh yeah
Just got back. Damage done was $207.39 total. Highlights include a ravioli lasagna from the deli and a 2 pack of merino wool beanies for $13. Had a sample of some spanakopita which was pretty good but I decided not to buy it. Decided to buy some fresh asparagus and broccoli instead of the frozen stir fry mix which I usually get, getting pretty sick of frozen vegetables to be honest. Wasn't in a hot dog mood so I got both a slice of pep and cheese along with a mocha freeze on the way out. Hit the spot let me tell you what. PBUC

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

They’re should be a Costco members only jacket you can wear instead of flashing your card.

edit: forgot to mention; IM HERE

https://i.imgur.com/T5vJCc6.mp4

Ror fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Nov 18, 2022

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
I have been instructed by the wife to never, ever, EVER buy the Sander's chocolate covered caramels again.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
There are so many things my wife loves so I cannot ever buy again. Most recently the peppermint Haagen-Daz bars

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Super Waffle posted:

I have been instructed by the wife to never, ever, EVER buy the Sander's chocolate covered caramels again.

The trick is to buy them to bring to a friend's house, eat a few, then leave the diabeetus with the friend. If you're lucky, they won't have polished off the container by the time you visit again.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Ror posted:

They’re should be a Costco members only jacket you can wear instead of flashing your card.

Lol, and if they cancel your membership a large employee walks up to you and demands you hand in your card AND jacket.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Went to church today and I thought I chose the best time possible. Mid-afternoon, too late for lunch, too early for the after work crowd. Boy was I wrong. I haven't seen my Costco parking lot this full since a few days before Christmas. Couldn't find a single spot in the parking lot and had to park across the street in the rear of some sporting goods store. Inside was perfectly fine though, other than some of the usual people that leave their cart in the middle of the aisle while they search for the biggest, freshest muffins.

Only thing that really did piss me off was finding this: https://imgur.com/a/Ziz78Jv

People who do that are criminals. That was like $30 of shrimp just wasted.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Friend at Costco that shrimp is only 14 dollars. Still a terrible waste though. Bet they didn't corral their cart either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I want a Costco nascar jacket so people know I'm a power user