Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Well, better deport him to Sweden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

halokiller posted:

the child he named X Æ A-12

Gesundheit!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Last Call posted:

In short.

Twitter is hosed.

The World Cup starts this weekend, can’t wait for twitter to get buried alive :getin:

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Yup called it since they fired over half the full timers and most of the contractors.

They’re really pushing to bring on some Elon stans to exploit, huh? Time to see how plentiful they are in the Bay Area this many years later.

I’m going to guess that even an engineer who is biased towards Elon’s viewpoints would probably want to work somewhere else where they get a bigger risk for reward.

I should go update my LinkedIn so I get one of these recruiters in my inbox. Would love to know the compensation numbers.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
If he wants more children, Musk can simply institute the "pinning the weasel" game at Twitter HQ just like what Bankman did at FTX. He'll have plenty of cult volunteers.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/GergelyOrosz/status/1593336017045561347

Please dear god let one of these meetings leak the audio

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Having less than 15% of your maximum staff on hand for a world cup is fine, right?

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

That was a joke. There's literally only 2. CRS-7 and AMOS-6.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rad Russian posted:

If he wants more children, Musk can simply institute the "pinning the weasel" game at Twitter HQ just like what Bankman did at FTX. He'll have plenty of cult volunteers.

You are implying that there are going to be a lot of women signing up for working at twitter

I suspect elong’s cult skews pretty hard male

Single and LOVING IT
Apr 4, 2004
The monkeys are coming. . .

DandyLion posted:

I mean, heck, an opportunity to bang someone with two of the same sex organ only comes along once in a blue moon right?

I'd think it would be twice if you're doing it right.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

kazil posted:

Having less than 15% of your maximum staff on hand for a world cup is fine, right?

It's ok, if there's a problem Elon'll jump right in and fix it himself

It's been 3 weeks already, he probably knows the entire system like the back of his hand by now

Doom Sleigher
Dec 29, 2004

If these nerds want a hundred children they can just easily become doctors in sperm banks. There have been numerous cum doc’s that have inseminated dozens and dozens of women with their goo.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

lol

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

Why are you splitting hairs about whether a full-fledged rocket blew up on the launchpad vs it exploding when it crashes into the ocean vs parts of the rocket catastrophically failing

It go boom in all cases

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

Why are you splitting hairs about whether a full-fledged rocket blew up on the launchpad vs it exploding when it crashes into the ocean vs parts of the rocket catastrophically failing

It go boom in all cases
Because none of that happened?
Flailing around about a "failure" when a prototype testbed designed to explode exploded in a successful test just outs you as being way out of your element.
edit: did you not notice that was nypost article?

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Thanks for posting this, that was a great read.

I shouldn't be surprised, but his stans don't care that he's a total fraud.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

Because none of that happened?
Flailing around about a "failure" when a prototype testbed designed to explode exploded in a successful test just outs you as being way out of your element.
edit: did you not notice that was nypost article?

https://www.space.com/every-spacex-starship-explosion-lessons-learned

I was half reading while doing poo poo at work, but here’s a different article with multiple unintentional explosions, crash landings, and failures

You are trying extremely hard to be technically correct and i do not get why you are defending spacex over this

They have had things explode

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Paywalled article (you can read the bit about the ultimatum) but the screenshot says it all I think

https://mobile.twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1593336561243922433

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Prettz posted:

You literally just quoted a post with an article that lists 8 of his rockets that exploded.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Regrettable posted:

You literally just quoted a post with an article that lists 8 of his rockets that exploded.

Some of those were intentional, some were pressure tests, some were intentional explosions, and some were crashes

What i dont get is why prettz is being such a cock about this weird point

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

https://www.space.com/every-spacex-starship-explosion-lessons-learned

I was half reading while doing poo poo at work, but here’s a different article with multiple unintentional explosions, crash landings, and failures

You are trying extremely hard to be technically correct and i do not get why you are defending spacex over this

They have had things explode
No, you just have no idea. You're not gonna win this because you're just guessing and flailing. I follow this stuff just about every day since 2012. On SA probably only illectro knows more about SpaceX than me, but he doesn't post.

Regrettable posted:

No, you just don't know enough to know where the article hosed up.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

No, you just have no idea. You're not gonna win this because you're just guessing and flailing. I follow this stuff just about every day since 2012. On SA probably only illectro knows more about SpaceX than me, but he doesn't post.

This is weirdly both the oddest nonflex I have ever seen and also incredibly sad

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Lol this thread gets its own Elon Musk

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Waiting for the stories about Twitter engineers who took huge severance packages and then, due to demand, reapply for the same job with a higher salary and amazing entitlements.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
“It was supposed to explode as a prototype” sounds like what Elon Musk is going to say about Twitter 1.0 when it goes down during the World Cup and never comes back up

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Random Stranger posted:

Wait wait wait. There are non-evil HR people?

Dunno about non-evil, but the only labor issue I've ever had to deal with have been late wages, and as soon as I'd brought them to HR's attention, I was immediately given the full amount of hours in back pay, but marked as overtime so I'd get 30% on top.

Someone I know had a lovely abusive boss and their HR rep shut down any complaints, but when they worked up the nerve to bounce the complaint further up the ladder, both the boss and HR rep were immediately fired and blacklisted and the complainee got half a year of paid sick leave to recover from the stress.

There's no panacea and obviously these situations shouldn't have happened in the first place, but it turns out having actual labor laws and basic accountability can do a whole lot of work.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

Paywalled article (you can read the bit about the ultimatum) but the screenshot says it all I think

#3 is probably that "pay $$ to DM a celebrity" lol

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
Nobody knows more about blowing up rockets than me, except maybe Elon Musk but he doesn't post here

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Prettz posted:

This is what you were responding to.

Q: Did 5 or more of them explode? Note: it does not matter how or why any of them exploded or whether it was on a mission or just testing.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Jelly posted:

Waiting for the stories about Twitter engineers who took huge severance packages and then, due to demand, reapply for the same job with a higher salary and amazing entitlements.

Smart engineers only offer to come back as consultants at 4x their previous salary based hourly rate. Also prevents someone like Musk from simply working you 18 hours a day, since you're an hourly consultant now.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve809Stviik

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

This is weirdly both the oddest nonflex I have ever seen and also incredibly sad
:rolleyes: just take the L

“It was supposed to explode as a prototype” sounds like what Elon Musk is going to say about Twitter 1.0 when it goes down during the World Cup and never comes back up
Is doing bad rear end test flights a hoax?

Regrettable posted:

This is what you were responding to.

Q: Did 5 or more of them explode? Note: it does not matter how or why any of them exploded or whether it was on a mission or just testing.
Are you asking about any explosions? Because they've exploded many dozens of pieces of hardware in testing, especially engines. The last time NASA was actually accomplishing poo poo was back when they did the same.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Plan R
Oct 5, 2021

For Romeo
It still amazes me that there are so many people desperate to find a boot to lick for basically nothing in return.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Prettz posted:

Lmao

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Prettz posted:

Are you asking about any explosions? Because they've exploded many dozens of pieces of hardware in testing, especially engines. The last time NASA was actually accomplishing poo poo was back when they did the same.

Oh, this was all because you’re a spacex/elon cultist. I get it now.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Just take the L I say as literally everyone mocks me

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Prettz posted:

I can tel you straight up I don’t trust a word any Musk run company says, especially in response to an explosion. Hoax is a strong word for company PR spin.

I would suggest maybe they’re doing “bad & rear end” work, sure.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

rotinaj posted:

Oh, this was all because you’re a spacex/elon cultist. I get it now.
What does elon have to do with spacex? No, really?

I can tel you straight up I don’t trust a word any Musk run company says, especially in response to an explosion. Hoax is a strong word for company PR spin.

I would suggest maybe they’re doing “bad & rear end” work, sure.
So then don't? Go check with what the subject matter experts are saying about it. That's what I do.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Plan R posted:

It still amazes me that there are so many people desperate to find a boot to lick for basically nothing in return.

how the hell you call tasty groundfudge NOTHING m8!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSxmOE1KNHw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Prettz posted:

😂