Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
The map's in Dairy Plant, you could possibly technically find the coffins in the first two levels without it but hell, I didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i beat death in VS. used the guy that starts with the crissaegrim and got it upgraded along with the lancet and laurel and i didn't need a single revive. i don't even think i needed the other weapons as his evolved weapon made everything die instantly before the santa water could even catch up. i was also at level 195 which is the highest i've gotten to so far

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

welcome posted:

The map's in Dairy Plant, you could possibly technically find the coffins in the first two levels without it but hell, I didn't.

Yeah, it's this. I think I still unlocked the Mad Forest one first because I died after getting the map though lol

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

webmeister posted:

If you want to farm up gold and unlocks, the library is for whatever reason way easier than the initial garden stage. I'd suggest focusing on unlocking the passive bonuses before activating too many new characters. As mentioned, the knife guy (column 4 on the top row) is probably the easiest early character, so unlock him, and then make your next priority the +1 projectiles bonus.

Cheers, I'll give it a go. I did notice that beating the 30min timer on the library unlocked Hyper mode, but it's unclear to me how you activate it on console. From the main screen, I select my character, the map, but then when I hit A, it starts the run. I'm probably missing something.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Cheers, I'll give it a go. I did notice that beating the 30min timer on the library unlocked Hyper mode, but it's unclear to me how you activate it on console. From the main screen, I select my character, the map, but then when I hit A, it starts the run. I'm probably missing something.

Once you’ve selected the stage and hit A, the cursor jumps to Start. Hit left and arrow across to Hyper, hit A and then A again to start

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Cross post from coupons:

Homeybeef posted:

Is it too much to hope that Target does a Series S for $250 with an extra controller again? I was hoping to get one for $200 but that seems unlikely to happen any time soon.

$250 Xbox Series S with $50 Target eGift Card (target)

***Must order online for pickup or delivery. eGift card will be added to your target account when shipped or picked up.***

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Yes id like a series s. I'll also eat grass straight from the ground and drink water out of the sewer from now on too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Yes id like a series s. I'll also eat grass straight from the ground and drink water out of the sewer from now on too.

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Ubisoft has at least 5 games better than Elden Ring just off the top of my head.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmfao

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I know and I hadn't even played Farcry 5 yet so there's even more.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Whelp, able to snag a Xbox Series S for 200 bucks at Target. I guess I get to post here now!

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Kirios posted:

Whelp, able to snag a Xbox Series S for 200 bucks at Target. I guess I get to post here now!

Nah. You gotta play all the games in the Game Pass(tm), before you can hang with us.

Grats.

TenTwelveTwelve
Oct 12, 2012
Grab 3 years of Gold off of Newegg or Costco and then covert it to Ultimate.

Have fun with your Series S. It's also surprisingly portable

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Series X is surprisingly portable. The Series S is predictably portable :goonsay:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Series X is very portable, I carried it up the stairs by myself when it arrived.

Oh hey, Norco is out.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Series S Runs vampire survivors so it’s fine.

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Nov 17, 2022

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Kirios posted:

Is that deal still going?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Twerk from Home posted:

Is that deal still going?

RodShaft posted:

Cross post from coupons:

***Must order online for pickup or delivery. eGift card will be added to your target account when shipped or picked up.***

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I wasn't super excited to try Pentiment, as it's not my kinda thing, but that game is excellent so far. Game Pass has done it again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Snacksmaniac posted:

Series S Ruben

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

That’s a hell of an autocorrect.

VS doesn’t have enough sandwiches imo.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DR AIDS posted:

I wasn't super excited to try Pentiment, as it's not my kinda thing, but that game is excellent so far. Game Pass has done it again.
It's directed by our goon bro, Josh Sawyer aka rope kid, btw. I hadn't realized that til I looked at the Pentiment thread

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
In the endgame throes of VS atm so hopefully I’ll find time to check out Pentiment and Somerville this weekend.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143

RodShaft posted:

Took this deal and bought one for my brother, but deep down I just want a second Xbox in the house so I can use it for emulation when he gets bored of it.

I'm also keeping the gift card.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I picked up the RE2 and RE3 remakes on sale for $15 https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/raccoon-city-edition/9ntx53l7bdcq

I've never played an RE game... can I start with RE2 remake, or should I start with RE1? I have the RE HD Remaster in my Xbox library from when it was on GWG. There's no other remake of that game, right?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

every time

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

teagone posted:

I picked up the RE2 and RE3 remakes on sale for $15 https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/raccoon-city-edition/9ntx53l7bdcq

I've never played an RE game... can I start with RE2 remake, or should I start with RE1? I have the RE HD Remaster in my Xbox library from when it was on GWG. There's no other remake of that game, right?

Start with 2 remake. 1 remake is ancient. 2 remake is loving amazing.

I would go 2/3/7/8

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Just did the final boss / sequence in VS. I take it back, the people saying GOTY weren't memeing. This game is so weird and cool. Still got a couple of things left to unlock and who knows how many other weird secrets there are.

I didn't even know there was a final boss I just wanted to see what would happen if I went into that level for a 3rd time.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Quantum of Phallus posted:

1remake is ancient.

True but if you can deal with the jank it is really good.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

Grab 3 years of Gold off of Newegg or Costco and then covert it to Ultimate.

Have fun with your Series S. It's also surprisingly portable

RodShaft posted:

Buy the 9 of the cheapest 3 month Xbox live codes from eneba or whatever third party website you want.

Redeem 3 mos, get a free month for enabling recurring billing. = 4
Disable recurring billing.
Redeem 3 mos, get a free month for enabling recurring billing. = 8
Redeem 3 mos, get a free month for enabling recurring billing. = 12

repeat 6 more times to max out @ 36 mos. (buy 27 mos, get 9 free)

Then convert to Game pass by buying a month for $1 or $15 depending on if you've had it before or if they're running any specials.

Here's one that would get you the 3 years for like 60 bucks.
$6.22 3 month Xbox live(eneba)

The price in that link is not like $11 so more like $100

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

True but if you can deal with the jank it is really good.

Can confirm - RE1 Remake is still fantastic and holds up great to this day if you can get around the...OK controls (Played it last year). I highly recommend it! Don't skip.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

teagone posted:

I just played through a whole bunch of RE games for the first time myself over the past couple of months. RE1 was great, probably my third favorite after 2 Remake and 7. You won’t be super lost plot wise if you start with 2, but I’d suggest giving 1 a try at some point. Thankfully the Xbox remaster does away with the tank controls.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
How are you people just now discovering Vampire Survivors? There's a whole massive thread about it that's been going on for months, and it has been on Gamepass the entire time.

Anyway, how are all these new "first look" games that were just released? Anyone tried any of them? Dune, Lapin or Ghost Lore?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It’s on Xbox now, God’s perfect console.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

American McGay posted:

It’s on Xbox now, God’s perfect console.

Ohhhh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Jelly posted:

How are you people just now discovering Vampire Survivors? There's a whole massive thread about it that's been going on for months, and it has been on Gamepass the entire time.

Anyway, how are all these new "first look" games that were just released? Anyone tried any of them? Dune, Lapin or Ghost Lore?

Vampire Survivors got added to Gamepass like 2 weeks ago tho

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

webmeister posted:

Vampire Survivors got added to Gamepass like 2 weeks ago tho

This is wrong, it's been on Gamepass for months. I know, because I don't have it on anything else and I've been playing it for months. It's been early access and maybe now it's full release, and the other guy said it's just now coming out on console, but it's been there.

e: Easier way to post this, "It was on PC Gamepass but not Xbox Gamepass"

Jelly fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 18, 2022

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Yeah it was out on PC game pass for a long time.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
It came out on XBox gamepass only last Thursday.

I know because I kept searching for it every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
I tried it on PC game pass and my computer got very upset about all the action going on so I had to stop.