Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Incoherence posted:

The disgruntled developers want to get future jobs, and being the kind of person who leaves a timebomb is bad for future employment chances ("ok, but what if so-and-so gets similarly disgruntled here"), and probably bad for your bank account when you get sued.

There won’t be anyone else left at twitter who can act as your reference. Future jobs will just see that in your job history and accept your knowing look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Also with so many people leaving, is a Timebomb even necessary?

especially with the world cup imminent, which causes huge traffic spikes

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

The MasterbatedOne thing has still been my biggest lol from this.

great word play. also taking a pic of a screen instead of screen shotting and having a dirty screen.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Elon: Are you hardcore enough for this job?? You can either swear by the samurai code of hardcoreness and earn a career of total misery, or you can have a 3 month vacation paid for by me. Choose!

Every dev: I choose the vacation.

Elon:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Guys you just have no idea what you're talking about. yall are just flailing around like a bunch of tall penises. i've been sucking dick since 2012, probably a cock a day or more. nobody knows more about dicks on this forum than I do except maybe cumshitter but he's banned. making a cock explode is not a "disastrous result". it's whats supposed to happen. it means you're doing a good job. just take the L and move on.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

quote:

He has been meeting today with engineers to convince them to stay

I would pay real cash money to be a fly on the wall at one of those conversations.

I mean what does he say?

What the actual gently caress is Elon Musk's idea of diplomacy.

Does he actually try to be nice?

Does he automatically start making threats

How does his brain react to these upstart peasents not instantly acceding to the wishes of his glorious golden godhood when he can't just fire them.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

:lol:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Slotducks posted:

god could you imagine the absolutely pathetic sniveling from everyone in his DMs? ugh

We don't have to, his leaked texts were already plenty of schaden

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

It is legit impressive that he has managed to surround himself with so many toadies that the very thought that a bunch of engineers actively choosing to call his bluff never even crossed his mind.

I have certainly met people that would grind up their staff for their raw materials, but never one that didn't also understand that I have multiple recruiters in my inbox constantly.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Elon is probably used to being able to abuse people at SpaceX and Tesla (both notoriously lovely employers) because a lot of people working there wanted to work on rockets/electric cars as a dream job. Also its niche engineering where theres few alternatives.

Nobody gives as much of a poo poo about Twitter. Sure, there's pride of craftsmanship and such, but it's just a social media site.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022

Crow Buddy posted:

It is legit impressive that he has managed to surround himself with so many toadies that the very thought that a bunch of engineers actively choosing to call his bluff never even crossed his mind.

I have certainly met people that would grind up their staff for their raw materials, but never one that didn't also understand that I have multiple recruiters in my inbox constantly.

I once had a boss lose his mind when I said “well I don’t think this team is for me and it’s time for me to move on” after the 15th toxic spat. He acted as if I basically threatened to murder someone. Unthinkable!

A complete inability to see things from another person’s point of view, I reckon.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

DeeplyConcerned posted:

just take the D and move on.

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

someone on Blind (aka Silicon Valley gossip app) is reporting only 238 employees stayed on and the rest took the parachute

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Kingo Ligma posted:

I work in an industry that attracts a lot of that "I'm hardcore I worked 147 hours last week" types and the kind of fake job havers who like exploiting them. Every single one of them is insanely poo poo at the actual job. My go to answer is "if you can't get the work done in your contracted hours you must be pretty bad at the job".

LTTP but I work in a Fintech startup (UK) and if you regularly have to work overtime to get your poo poo done then eyebrows will get raised. Everyone knows that everyone really only works at best 30 hours on a good week and the rest is admin.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Resignations are starting, tons of photos of twitter people's Macbooks is showing up on Twitter.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
They're not even legally resignations, right? They're firings.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

It's time to start playing Hardball Elon.

Get on Twitter (while it's still working) and tell those losers who resigned if they're not back at their desk at 5am tommorow, they're double-fired. That should quell the mutiny of these peons. :colbert:

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I'm mars stomper 58 something something every morning I open palm slap a tape of space x into the vcr and do the explosions right along side Elon

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Bottom Liner posted:

They're not even legally resignations, right? They're firings.

Basically forced resignations, because firings don't usually include severance like this outside of layoffs.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

CommieGIR posted:

Resignations are starting, tons of photos of twitter people's Macbooks is showing up on Twitter.

That's kind of adorable, idk

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Karate Bastard posted:

I'm not coding hard I'm just coding wrong.

:same:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593391604785504257

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593392304038899717

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

lol

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593391604785504257

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593392304038899717

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

:synpa:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Well, that seems like things are going well.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

They didn't expect to lose the other 75% of their workforce.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

elon is going to claim it's sabotage when the site finally collapses, i guarantee it

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

LOL

no one is allowed in the office until Monday but the World Cup starts Sunday oh my god

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
The sabotage already happened, buddy. It started with a sink and just went downhill from there.

The amount of people still at the company must be pathetically low. And they know morale is bad if they’re locking the doors to prevent server access. Amazing.

PoPcornTG
Mar 26, 2007

Dogs day afternoon
Bleak Gremlin

Bad Purchase posted:

elon is going to claim it's sabotage when the site finally collapses, i guarantee it

Those god drat left wing liberals strike again!

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I never thought I would get to sit and watch a company like Twitter just explode in front of my eyes. This is insanity.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Honestly at this point if i worked for Twitter I'd stay on just to see the trainwreck from the inside.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
But also working from home is no longer allowed. gently caress you, figure it out. Hardcore!!!

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Missed the last tweet in that thread:

https://twitter.com/alexeheath/status/1593378041882820608

:munch:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

all the guess itt of twitter lasting months were wildly optimistic

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

he promised to bring comedy back, and you've gotta admit, this is pretty funny

busalover
Sep 12, 2020

kazil posted:

LOL

no one is allowed in the office until Monday but the World Cup starts Sunday oh my god

I think I'm gonna start twittering again on Sunday.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Is this what being "hardcore" means?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bad Purchase posted:

he promised to bring comedy back, and you've gotta admit, this is pretty funny

He didn’t bring it back, he evolved it

Call it comedy 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Would be great if investors sue Elon for loving this up so badly