Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

People just destroyed a 44 billion valued (loving lol) company through the power of cyber bullying

I'm sure Elon would have destroyed it eventually even without the cyberbullying, but I'm glad we could all contribute to the speedrun time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Spoggerific posted:

I've lived here for six years. Yeah, it is. A lot of people will be inconvenienced when Twitter finally kicks the bucket, and there's been surprisingly little coverage of the whole debacle in non-niche Japanese-language sources, so a lot of people are going to be blindsided by this.

EDIT: I just took a quick look at Twitter's trends in Japan and it looks like none of the top 20 are even about this whole debacle, lol

:smith: well that sucks!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Am

Am I going to be able to stay up late tonight and watch Twitter collapse in real time

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I'm extremely excited to see every Twitter link in this thread break all at once

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

This observation might have been more prescient a couple hours ago, but

You know how people talking about radiation poisoning say that if you get a high enough dose, you'll suffer some relatively minor short-term effects, some skin burns, but otherwise feel fine — maybe even get a little extra energy and skip in your step — but in reality you're a walking corpse because you don't have any bone marrow anymore.

Twitter "will die"? Um

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

IBroughttheFunk posted:

A lil' update:

Is this actual “it’s down “ or just people posting it is?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

kilus aof posted:

From just before her surgery last week to remove that lump on her right leg.

good dog.

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
this is going to be a weird thread to read in the morning when it's 90% dead Twitter links.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
guys I'm taking a break from coding. whip me until I'm hard-core again

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

It seems like the down detector thing is probably just people having fun. That site generates “down” reports just from users clicking a button to report an outage.

I’m sure things WILL go down soon, but I don’t think the site is actively sinking yet.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:lol:

Furthermore, :lmao: and :roflolmao:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

People just destroyed a 44 billion valued (loving lol) company through the power of cyber bullying

lol

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I'm self taught in coding. I learned a lot of xml from making mods for Binding of Isaac. hire me, elon

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Spoggerific posted:

I've lived here for six years. Yeah, it is. A lot of people will be inconvenienced when Twitter finally kicks the bucket, and there's been surprisingly little coverage of the whole debacle in non-niche Japanese-language sources, so a lot of people are going to be blindsided by this.

EDIT: I just took a quick look at Twitter's trends in Japan and it looks like none of the top 20 are even about this whole debacle, lol

None of the artists I follow are even talking about this as I’m trying to find other places I can find them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lawman 0 posted:

:smith: well that sucks!

Its fine, they're hiring a new sales rep in the market.

The funniest part of the change or lack of moderation in Twitter is the top trends in Japan went from "news" to "anime and videogames" and now some people are like "oh god was it this low brow the whole time??"

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

guys I'm taking a break from coding. whip me until I'm hard-core again

Get you a beer son

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

kilus aof posted:

From just before her surgery last week to remove that lump on her right leg.

Get that dog to the beach!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Elon wants to be hardcore, but his employees won't let him

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
fatality. Something Awful... wins

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
"well, i certainly predicted the something awful forums would outlive twitter," i said, lying through my teeth

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Craig K posted:

"well, i certainly predicted the something awful forums would outlive twitter," i said, lying through my teeth

:five:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Craig K posted:

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/eve6/status/1593434715075264512

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Maybe Twitter isn't worth twice the valuation of the Cowboys, Yankees, and Lakers combined after all.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Craig K posted:

lmao

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Craig K posted:

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

anyone seen betting lines yet?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
For those who missed it:

https://twitter.com/capitolhunters/status/1593307541932474368

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I hope somebody stays on through the Twitter's death throes just to write a book about the last days/hours/minutes.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

I want this to be true but have done zero validation. DO we have a sense of how real this is?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Craig K posted:

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
holy loving poo poo

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

:sickos:

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
Are we even sure the forums will continue to work when every Twitter embed has to time out?

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Craig K posted:

Woolie Wool posted:

Jump in the urinal and stand on your head
The gay forums are alive, you are dead

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Lawman 0 posted:

Iirc all of Japan is pretty dependent on twitter.

Hell most of modern society is so thoroughly integrated into twitter that it collapsing is going to have insane rippling effects everywhere.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

If the payroll department really quit that probably means people's severances aren't going out :(

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
someone send elno a goldbelly giftcard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED
For real, anyone embedding a tweet should just take a screenshot because Twitter is about to join Waffleimages.