Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
I checked out crash logs in appdata and found some complaints that Windows hardware GPU scheduling wasn't turned on. After turning it on I haven't had a reboot but have only played 2 more matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not super clear on the psycher. His power builds until it pops heads on the primary attack, I get that. What does holding down the alternate attack do? It seems like it would cause you to skip the buildup mode of the primary but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I think it's meant to be a pre-charge kind of thing like you say - charge it at the end of an elevator ride, pop a head as the doors open - but it seems super finicky

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not super clear on the psycher. His power builds until it pops heads on the primary attack, I get that. What does holding down the alternate attack do? It seems like it would cause you to skip the buildup mode of the primary but it doesn't seem to work that way.

so primary is once it locks onto the enemy you're pointing at, and so long as you don't release the button, it stays locked on until the meter fills to completion and the bolt strikes. you can look away, put a wall between you and your target, do a little dance, as long as you don't release (or someone else kills the target) you'll maintain the lock. the alternate fire is kind of the opposite: it lets you build the meter without a target at all, all the way up to 100%, and hold it there. then the instant when you get line of sight on a target, you can hit your primary fire to discharge it. in theory this lets you prep a bolt and poke your head out to strike a target, but in practice it's usually much easier and more accurate to poke your head out to lock on to a target and just duck back and stay in cover while it charges instead.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Thanks for the tips, I did some more testing and it does seem to work like that. I think the issue is that the enemies kept getting popped right before the bolt came out so it seemed like I was charging and then it wasn't doing anything.

E. Man, I have some wild launch day disconnection numbers. Got through a few runs but it's been rough.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Nov 18, 2022

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

heh

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Jesus you guys weren't kidding about performance. I got a solid 60fps with settings pretty high in vermintide but this gets chunky with everything on the lowest settings.

Im running a gtx 1650, guess it might be time for an upgrade.

EduardoEspecial
Dec 12, 2011

Dangerously Dexterous Dongs
Ogryn 4 Lyfe. I couldn't sneak the name Dick past the bad words filter :(.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Performance isn't good, but holy poo poo it's a lot better than the beta.

Soundtrack continues to be MVP

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I can't decide on the 6 zealot voices/personalities, anyone got a favorite?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have been trying all afternoon to get past the Backend Error. Anyone have a problem with it and somehow get past it?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I’m a lvl 9 zealot and I haven’t seen a single thunder hammer, chain sword or flamer yet and that makes me sad

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Do you no longer get cash when you discard an unwanted weapon?

EDIT: NVM, didn't see the pop-up. Yes you do

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Aight, anyone got reports on the first day about low-end hardware performance compared to the open beta?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Corbeau posted:

Aight, anyone got reports on the first day about low-end hardware performance compared to the open beta?

I've got a 1660 super so while not 'low end' precisely I'm rocking a mid-low tier vcard.

Performance is good! There are definitely some things that older cards don't like, namely the ambient visuals like smoke or fire tank FPS for a second or two. If you crank the visuals down too low character models get a little muddy, so medium tier is still pretty good, mess with your settings and monitor FPS to find balance you like the most. Definitely better than the first beta.

Unrelated to my hardware there are definitely still some fatshark specials in here. Enemy animations break sometimes and they float or glide which is the exact same problem VT2 has that's never been completely fixed. Lots of little graphical glitches, like characters holding two weapons. I tend to get dumped from the game during the crescendo, which at first I thought was performance except it seems to happen after all the excitement. Fortunately you can log straight back into your game so unless your party is dicks you can get back in quick enough to finish the mission.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The squirming maggots coming out of the zombified people when you hit them is the grossest thing.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Game is really good but unfortunately I think I'm done for the night. I can't move more than six feet without getting a server error and getting kicked out. Hopefully they fix the issue by Saturday when I have time to really play it all out.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Mendrian posted:

I've got a 1660 super so while not 'low end' precisely I'm rocking a mid-low tier vcard.

Performance is good! There are definitely some things that older cards don't like, namely the ambient visuals like smoke or fire tank FPS for a second or two. If you crank the visuals down too low character models get a little muddy, so medium tier is still pretty good, mess with your settings and monitor FPS to find balance you like the most. Definitely better than the first beta.

Just curious, are you running at 1080 or 1440? I have a 1070.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I bought the imperial edition of the game but I don’t see my stuff and cosmetics, are those gonna unlock on release?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Al-Saqr posted:

I bought the imperial edition of the game but I don’t see my stuff and cosmetics, are those gonna unlock on release?

Imperial stuff, Vermintide character options and presumably the store will be at full release.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Woof, the performance shouldn't be this bad on a 2080 on lowest settings and 1080p.

Pennsylvanian fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 18, 2022

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Mordja posted:

Just curious, are you running at 1080 or 1440? I have a 1070.

1080. My monitor is also poo poo, fortunately.

EDIT: So I assume this is a 'servers getting turbofucked' problem but checking to make sure.

During the crescendo or often just waiting for the extraction I usually get a "nonexisting_channel" error that bounces me back to character select. The game makes it pretty easy to reconnect but when I rejoin the game is very unstable and at least once I've entered a loop of 'nonexisting_channel' errors that makes me unable to join but also prevents my team from being able to finish the mission because I'm in a liminal state of in the game and not in the game. In this last loop it eventually graduated to a handshake error which I recognized as a more common internet-based error.

Anybody else have something like this?

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 18, 2022

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Good grief, the penances to get new gear are really something else.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Just went out and bought a 3060, hoping that improves performance for me!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

field balm posted:

Just went out and bought a 3060, hoping that improves performance for me!

Am on a 3060, performance is pretty good.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I'm running on an old rx 480 and get really solid performance at 1080p medium by turning on the supersampling 2 engine thing, it works well and makes the game look good at quality settings, framerate solid.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm not sure what people are taking, I'd be interested to hear what the most popular are. I'm planning on starting off as a Veteran because the idea of an Imperial Guardsman FPS has been my dream since Fire Warrior but if that's utterly saturated I might have to go Ogryn.

Veteran was literally 2/3rds of the players in the first beta.

I'm playing an Ogryn this time around and holy gently caress the Ripper Gun is one of the most fun things I've ever used in an FPS.

Overall performance and looks are a way smoother and better for me this time around on a 3070, very happy so far. Some connection issues, but that's to be expected.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

This poo poo owns. Playing with the whole squad reunited and having a very good time. Ripper gun is amazing for Ogryn. I don't super enjoy the running around scanning things objective though. Once everyone knows what to do and look for it doesn't take too long but it's just kind of annoying.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

yo where are the loot crates?

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Pennsylvanian posted:

Woof, the performance shouldn't be this bad on a 2080 on lowest settings and 1080p.

Went in with the default detected settings at 1440p ( medium with DLSS no raytracing ) with a 10th gen i7, 16gb Ram, RTX 2070 and I would say my performance is arguably quite good, steam fps count has me ranging mostly between 55 and 65 fps. During the previous beta I had to drop my res to 1080p and lower decals, ragdolls etc to get that level of performance.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

CODChimera posted:

yo where are the loot crates?

Yeah I assume they're not in yet

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Whoever was in charge of setting up hotkeys for this game hasn't ever played a game on a keyboard before and just looked up what keys are commonly set to, I don't know how else to explain the combat slide requiring you to hold down W+Shift+Crtl at the same time, the human hand doesn't bend like that.

Highly recommend rebinding it from Crtl to C or thereabouts for a easier time, also tried swapping the tag hotkey from middle house to what I'm used to in vermintide but changing it didn't seem to do anything ingame.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Holy poo poo if you get a Braced/Torrent type autogun in your shop give it a go, at least as Vet.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Orv posted:

Holy poo poo if you get a Braced/Torrent type autogun in your shop give it a go, at least as Vet.

That's good to know, because the autogun otherwise sucks rear end.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm just so very happy to have a loving shovel for a melee weapon.

Chazani
Feb 19, 2013
Psyker deserved a nerf, but they went quite much overboard with all of them. The bigger issue is probably that the class is much clunkier now. Passive peril quelling is always better than the active one, so they even removed an action from the gameplay. I'm okay with not doing that much damage but it also doesn't really feel good to play at the moment.

Oh, and Force Sword push causes Peril.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Pysker was my favorite class so I'm glad I held off preordering while they sort out the pysker balancing issues.

Come on you fucks don't make the most fun part of the class the most tedious

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

I'm not enjoying the vet active skill at all. Might roll a zealot instead. There hasn't been any updates on subclasses or anything has there?

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

So i haven't been able to get past the title screen
"Backend error
Error signing in"

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
The flow I’ve found that works best for the psyker when there are multiple high value targets is to POP POP, ultimate, POP POP

It seems like while the nerfed how much peril popping causes, they also made the ultimate cool down faster and the passive peril regen stupid good. Psyker is burstier now and still has a solid role

It’s an adjustment from the beta, but you can still murder things big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Well this sure is buggy!