Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

God I wish Facebook had been the one to die though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

Technically he's dead

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
twibbler, we shall miss ye

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Vintersorg posted:

lol

As someone who has never used twitter you’ll be fine. All bands use Facebook. All their poo poo is there including shops and event pages.

gently caress twitter

yeah use facebook instead of twitter...

lol what.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm gonna be disappointed when it's still up in the morning and even more disappointed when it's still up in like three more months and somehow still an untouchable monolith. :smith:

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Strong Sauce posted:

lol what.
lmao if twitter dying is what saves facebook

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Woolie Wool posted:

mods make :matters: posting probatable outside of cspam tia

I would but I have no buttons here lol. All I can offer is some ad hominem and call those people insufferable morose letdowns

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Like tears in the rain

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde

NmareBfly posted:

I'm gonna be disappointed when it's still up in the morning and even more disappointed when it's still up in like three more months and somehow still an untouchable monolith. :smith:

This seems unlikely since it was bleeding money before Elon took over so?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Vintersorg posted:

lol

As someone who has never used twitter you’ll be fine. All bands use Facebook. All their poo poo is there including shops and event pages.

gently caress twitter

Yeah if I was really, really into Stone Temple Pilots I'm sure that'd be my port of call

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Strong Sauce posted:

lol what.

all major news sites still use it daily
All bands do
All artists are there or on insta

Facebook is omega popular still

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593450469212377088?s=20&t=Ya4p28ToIJtAZcPsl4by6g

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

This seems unlikely since it was bleeding money before Elon took over so?

I should learn to live in the joy of the moment and lol myself to sleep. i am sorry for doubting.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah if I was really, really into Stone Temple Pilots I'm sure that'd be my port of call

jokes on you thinking new bands don’t use it

Any sports team or news network is updating posts every game too

It’s your artists fault for not getting a following there too with better tools

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021
lol

https://twitter.com/RichardStaff/status/1593456816972775424

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Jelly posted:

"Twitter is failing! Twitter is failing!" Every goon claims, while endlessly embedding working tweets in every post.

This reeks of the Trump threads false hopes. Rich people don't face consequences. This world doesn't have happy endings. Musk burning Twitter to the ground would be absolutely pants-making GBS threads hilarious so it's obviously not going to happen.

*pats u on the head*

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

THIS_IS_FINE posted:

Technically he's dead

Rich person faced consequences

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

FirstnameLastname posted:

they don't have any mods

good luck automating image and video moderation lmaop

I caught a 7 day ban an hour ago for telling Kyle rittenhaus some things :(

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Steadiman posted:

Side lol at all the people who were stupid enough to pay $8.- for a service that immediately got killed and probably won’t make it back. They now likely won’t even get a full month out of the monthly subscription, can’t change their screen name, and are getting relentlessly mocked for trying to buy clout

if they used a credit card, then should raise a stink with their CC and get musk in trouble with the Big 4(or just two, Visa and Mastercard) transaction processors.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1586680643831836677?s=20&t=B4vVEcoM-4ExMbzFfM8DWA

I feel like this course had some vital information.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,
It's correct that all tech companies are continuously collapsing on themselves and only continue working through the constant struggles of operations/support engineers, right? Or is that just the places I've worked for?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Entropic posted:

ok feel free to mock me if i'm immediately proven wrong, but I'm putting my chips on "twitter is dead for sure now" being the new "I'd Like to See Ol Donny Trump Wriggle His Way Out of THIS Jam!"

I agree. And yes, he and his weird followers will be insufferable.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I realize this is a ways back, but If he wants to imitate ECW, majorly loving up payroll is a pretty on brand way to start. The checks are in the mail.

Maigius fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Nov 18, 2022

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

It's correct that all tech companies are continuously collapsing on themselves and only continue working through the constant struggles of operations/support engineers, right? Or is that just the places I've worked for?

Most of them are to some extent, between hackers, bugs, expiring certs, and hardware failures, even successful and we'll tech companies are constantly plugging holes and scraping barnacles off the side

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

[olde timey gif of that train falling off of a bridge]

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

Vintersorg posted:

lol

gently caress twitter

I've never "used twitter" as in I have never clicked my url bar and typed https://www.twitter.com but I use the poo poo out of twitter. Some of SA's best threads are about to become ghost towns because they require that drip drip drip of news. This thread is a good example.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

He says, without a hint of irony, as his boss posts a thousand time a day.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I've kinda stopped keeping up with this thread for the past few days/week. Why exactly has the sentiment tipped so much to "Twitter's dying" today? My only exposure to Twitter is embeds on these dead forums.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Unperson_47 posted:

I've kinda stopped keeping up with this thread for the past few days/week. Why exactly has the sentiment tipped so much to "Twitter's dying" today? My only exposure to Twitter is embeds on these dead forums.

Perhaps read some of the embeds being posted on these dead forums.

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

I cannot wait for the Behind The Bastards on this one.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Vintersorg posted:

all major news sites still use it daily
All bands do
All artists are there or on insta

Facebook is omega popular still
sure but why would you encourage facebook usage....

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

386-SX 25Mhz VGA posted:

There are few if any systems, not just tech but anything, that can survive without any maintenance.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

Perhaps read some of the embeds being posted on these dead forums.

There were some tweets saying that Elon fired the guy who was over badge access to the building but that sucker went back to let people in.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

everyone stop what they're doing and explain twitter to me right now

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Elder Postsman posted:

There are few if any systems, not just tech but anything, that can survive without any maintenance.

don't tell that to the oscilloscopes running windows xp in the lab where i work

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Frank Frank posted:

Are you ok?

Fantastic! You?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Sex Farm posted:

everyone stop what they're doing and explain twitter to me right now

Fart echo chamber, like a really resonant toilet bowl that is never cleaned.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

75% of employees were fired today because they weren't 'hardcore' enough to follow Mush's twitter2.0 idea. This encludes entire devops teams that keep different parts of the site working.

The 600 people left are trapped with H1B visas

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Bad Purchase posted:

don't tell that to the oscilloscopes running windows xp in the lab where i work

lol reminds me of the.. I think it was a chemical supply company, in Texas, that was using like a 1965 mainframe as their only computer for handling orders until the 2010s

e: found it https://www.pcworld.com/article/468250/if-it-aint-broke-dont-fix-it-ancient-computers-in-use-today.html

"Sparkler Filters of Conroe, Texas, prides itself on being a leader in the world of chemical process filtration. If you buy an automatic nutsche filter from them, though, they’ll enter your transaction on a “computer” that dates from 1948."

Elder Postsman fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

CBD Corndog posted:

75% of employees were fired today because they weren't 'hardcore' enough to follow Mush's twitter2.0 idea. This encludes entire devops teams that keep different parts of the site working.

The 600 people left are trapped with H1B visas

In good news the diversity metrics for Twitter are currently incredible.