Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

We need to remove these woke references to Justice Antonin Scalia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T.C.
Feb 10, 2004

Believe.
Haha, yes a good measure. How much the summer student they got to write their brochure uses keywords.

Also, there's a point where concentration of types of words starts being inversely proportional to actual institutional attitudes. You reach a point where things are somewhat ingrained and stop seeming notable vs organizations that are screaming about how they are open to different sexual identities because they don't immediately expel gay people any more

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

The part of the brain responsible for... Skin pigmentation?

What have you found here.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
On one hand, crazy. On the other hand, better than most graphs, due to being superimposed with a sick skull. More diagrams should have skulls. 5/10.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dICJbNRtW_g

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

https://doi.org/10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2022.9317

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

What is a secondary attack?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Count Roland posted:

Secondary attack rate is the proportion of people infected out of people exposed.

So if a woman gets a communicable disease and brings it home to her wife and three kids, but only one of the kids gets sick, the secondary attack rate in that household would be ¼ = 0.25.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

So you are saying that households are getting smaller over time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
You jest, but things like differing household sizes are real confounders.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Count Roland posted:

That's the attack you use while your primary attack is on cooldown.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Ariong posted:

That's the attack you use while your primary attack is on cooldown.

-5 Multi Attack Penalty
(unless you're a monk with finesse)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Secondary attack does massive damage but consumes limited ammo.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oxRmg1p8UZ4QYPy9y/giphy.mp4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you use secondary attack with the shotgun it shoots both shells at once but it takes twice as long to reload after

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

Platystemon posted:

Secondary attack does massive damage but consumes limited ammo.

https://i.giphy.com/media/3oxRmg1p8UZ4QYPy9y/giphy.mp4

"Blah blah wing-damnit"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Ban households and disband family units. Why is everyone making a his complicated?

wakka wakka
Oct 9, 2004

Outrail posted:

Ban households and disband family units. Why is everyone making a his complicated?

Notably, no one said ban disease. :hmmrona:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Putting a trend line on a graph like this seems very optimistic given all the confounding factors. Haven't read the paper though.

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Platystemon posted:

Secondary attack rate is the proportion of people infected out of people exposed.

So if a woman gets a communicable disease and brings it home to her wife and three kids, but only one of the kids gets sick, the secondary attack rate in that household would be ¼ = 0.25.

That sounds about right since secondary attacks have -5 to hit, unless you take the feat.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

flavor.flv posted:

If you use secondary attack with the shotgun it shoots both shells at once but it takes twice as long to reload after

I often hear the Democrats are taking steps to ban this function, alongside sales of semi automatic rifles. But I need this engaging mechanical tradeoff between higher damage and more frequent reloading, to protect my family.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They're considering passing a law that makes it illegal to shoot a second shot out of the magazine tube by the power of will alone.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"
Next you’re going to tell me they’re putting in a dedicated reload key and I can’t just fire at the ground to reload

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

apparently this model (high employment -> higher road toll) worked pretty well for a while, until something odd happened in 2020 and threw the data all off somehow

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

hell yeah lib dem graphs!

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
Spotted in the wild.

After having read this thread for so long all I could think of is "that y-axis x

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

ashnjack posted:

Spotted in the wild.

After having read this thread for so long all I could think of is "that y-axis x

This has to be intentional, right? Like they're looking for people that point out the y axis problem in their cover letter?

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Hopefully that data course teaches about data visualization (just kidding, it's probably about blindgly shoving datasets into an ML model)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

This is what I read that as.

Elviscat has a new favorite as of 22:10 on Nov 26, 2022

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

ikanreed posted:

The part of the brain responsible for... Skin pigmentation?

What have you found here.

In old racist accent: "you see, the skull of the Hibernian proves to us that this area of the brain controls skin pigmentation"

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's Pierce's dad in my mind

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

You can tell this is legitimate because the pineal gland is implied to be of prime importance, just like in real life, where it handles melatonin production in proportion to ambient light, and by that I mean the human soul.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Ragnar34 posted:

You can tell this is legitimate because the pineal gland is implied to be of prime importance, just like in real life, where it handles melatonin production in proportion to ambient light, and by that I mean the human soul.

Of course you'd say that, you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Phanatic posted:

Of course you'd say that, you have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter.

I thought phrenology was dismissed as quackery 160 years ago

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Of course you'd say that, you have the brainp -- oh. Huh.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Tree Bucket posted:

I thought phrenology was dismissed as quackery 160 years ago

If you by quackery you mean taught as basic truth by the most renowned professor ducks of our times, then yes, you are correct. :colbert:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

https://twitter.com/pushtheneedle/status/1596644390210269187

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It seems like most of London's metro stations are under water. Seattle wins!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hmm