Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I swapped out sentinel, moon girl and Dino for mysterio, scarlet witch (??) and hobgoblin. maybe I should do storm instead of witch so I can storm someone then drop hobgoblin? Idk what to do with that card

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I gamble with Hobgoblin and try to drop him on spaces where my opponent has 3 cards already

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

buffalo all day posted:

I swapped out sentinel, moon girl and Dino for mysterio, scarlet witch (??) and hobgoblin. maybe I should do storm instead of witch so I can storm someone then drop hobgoblin? Idk what to do with that card

Storm somewhere to try and lure them to play there, but then play somewhere else.
Play where there's a lot of space to limit the amount of cards they can play there.
Have Daredevil.
Gamble.
Use Elektra to free a spot and then send the Hobgoblin after it.
Play Zero, then play Hobgoblin in Bar with No Name.
If the opponent has an almost full lane, you can use Iron Fist to play Hobgoblin in the open lane next to it. It will safely jump over and try to get in the other lane. And if it can't, at least it's still on the other side.
Play it in Bar Sinister (but probably not when you don't have priority.)
If you have The Peak as a location, it will become a 0/5 that can only be played if the other side is full. Unless you also have Bar with No Name.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I've been running a On Reveal deck today, since the event gives you more currency for its random draws if you use the Black Panther characters or Ironheart, and I got to live the dream of Odin-ing back a Goblin :allears:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

uXs posted:

edit 2:

I've been thinking to add Quake to my deck. Locations have a pretty large influence on the game, and people are already packing cards to mitigate bad locations for their decks. So I wonder how effective Quake would be.

Quoting myself after some testing:

Crap, I misread Quake, I thought she would keep the middle the same and swap the left and right. Instead she changes each location which means their either rotate left or right, making it entirely unpredictable which one your cards will end up on.

Bummer.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Serperoth posted:

since the event gives you more currency for its random draws if you use the Black Panther characters or Ironheart

what now?

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Big thanks to whomever posted the dinovision deck. Been doing well with the flexibility

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vulpes posted:

what now?

Vibranium Forge event. Check the phone, news don't work on pc for me

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Xguard86 posted:

Big thanks to whomever posted the dinovision deck. Been doing well with the flexibility

:cheersdoge:

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Subterranea/Lechuguilla might be the least fun game design I've ever seen in a card game. Oh you're playing a card game? Wouldn't it be a shame if you... couldn't?

Sucks a little bit when District X/Weirdworld stop whatever deck you made but man Subterranea/Lechuguilla is the epitome of killing a player's fun. Such a stupid decision that can only be Ben Brode Marketing.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Serperoth posted:

Vibranium Forge event. Check the phone, news don't work on pc for me

Thanks. For some reason the news notification was halfway down my news page below a bunch of 2-week-old articles, and it doesn't mention it anywhere on the main app screen.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Doltos posted:

Subterranea/Lechuguilla might be the least fun game design I've ever seen in a card game. Oh you're playing a card game? Wouldn't it be a shame if you... couldn't?

Sucks a little bit when District X/Weirdworld stop whatever deck you made but man Subterranea/Lechuguilla is the epitome of killing a player's fun. Such a stupid decision that can only be Ben Brode Marketing.

District X and Weirdworld are way worse, they never fail to crop up when I'm trying a new deck

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Vulpes posted:

Thanks. For some reason the news notification was halfway down my news page below a bunch of 2-week-old articles, and it doesn't mention it anywhere on the main app screen.

Same here, I only found out via the discord. Seems easy to fulfill tho

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Doltos posted:

Subterranea/Lechuguilla might be the least fun game design I've ever seen in a card game.

They really do suck.

My favorites are the harsh ones that require a different approach like Death’s Domain, Sanctum Sanctorium or Luke’s Bar. I love Kyln too because my favorite card is Storm and it’s pre-Stormed for me.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Doltos posted:

Lately I've been seeing a lot of Sanctum Santorum and I hate it. It's awful unless you're running a Move deck. Lechuguilla isn't as bad since you can just limit your plays. Subterranea is awful full stop though, how would you like to draw nothing but rocks the rest of the game.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Lechuguilla is fine because its just deaths domain but with a risk/reward attached to it. when do you trust your current hand enough to risk playing stuff there instead of using cards to affect it from other spots

subterranea is annoying though I guess, never thought about it

edit: also I had no idea there was even an event happening, why isnt it on the main screen lmao

studio mujahideen fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 18, 2022

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
Wish there was a sandbox mode I lost 6 ranks working on a Jubiwave deck

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

cirus posted:

Wish there was a sandbox mode I lost 6 ranks working on a Jubiwave deck

Sandbox is when you hit infinite. Can't lose ranks after that apparently.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Just got Green Goblin and thought I would make a deck that may not win but would combine all the cards that are really annoying, other suggestions?

# (1) Elektra
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Rhino
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmhpbm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

All of these I have said “ah god drat it” at one time or another when played on me. The synergies suck (cosmo and either goblin will totally gently caress you!) but just for fun.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

priznat posted:

Just got Green Goblin and thought I would make a deck that may not win but would combine all the cards that are really annoying, other suggestions?

# (1) Elektra
# (2) Scorpion
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Storm
# (3) Cosmo
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Rhino
# (4) Sandman
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Hobgoblin
# (5) Professor X
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR3JlZW5Hb2JsaW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkhvYmdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiS2lsbG1vbmdlciJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiU2FuZG1hbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiUmhpbm8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNjb3JwaW9uIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJDb3NtbyJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRW5jaGFudHJlc3MifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVsZWt0cmEifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNoYW5nQ2hpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdG9ybSJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

All of these I have said “ah god drat it” at one time or another when played on me. The synergies suck (cosmo and either goblin will totally gently caress you!) but just for fun.
Needs Korg and/or Iceman. They make me the most mad.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

No Wave posted:

Needs Korg and/or Iceman. They make me the most mad.

Ooh good call, korg doesn’t bother me as much but iceman always pisses me off (he always hits the card I was planning to play next!)

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I can't win anymore, I'm just getting bodied left and right. At the start of pool 3 but it's not the pool 3 cards I'm just getting consistently outplayed, always guessing wrong, always getting answered. I hate this game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I can't win anymore, I'm just getting bodied left and right. At the start of pool 3 but it's not the pool 3 cards I'm just getting consistently outplayed, always guessing wrong, always getting answered. I hate this game.

I 100% feel your pain. Just try to stop caring about level (it’s hard, I know) and go for making cool plays that you find clever. The game will never dumpster you so that you get put in a place where you can no longer be competitive, you can always climb your way back.

I have wanted to chuck my phone across the room a couple times with this fuckin game, lol. Just take a break if you feel it’s no longer fun.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Just pulled Wong and Jubilee deck is so much stronger.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

Today has been really frustrating I'm constantly up against beta players with full decks and I just got to CL 700

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Huh, just realized how strong Colossus is on Warrior Falls. Not only can he not be destroyed, he'll also protect all of your cards there that are stronger than him.

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

So the event is play 200 matches a day for an Ironheart avatar? I will pass..

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Toozler posted:

So the event is play 200 matches a day for an Ironheart avatar? I will pass..

its really bad. you get 100 credits for making one piece, one time, apparently.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think you have to make all four pieces (I already made one piece). It amounts to ~120 matches over the course of the event (assuming you do random-random-targeted-targeted and don't lowroll the random) which is kind of a lot but it's doable.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

No Wave posted:

I'll post when I get wave

six months from now
I got wave

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

No Wave posted:

I got wave

Yes yes we get it you can time travel big loving deal!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was a fun little rollercoaster. Location one is Sinister London and he plays squirrel girl on it, location 2 is central park so now he's full of squirrels. He puts Daredevil down on location 3,which then reveals and is Murderworld which immediately triggers.
All this winds up being part of the plan, he plays moon girl on sinister London next, which results in him getting 5 Deaths on the board and a few other cards from earlier, while all I had was Wong and Onslaught. Then I played Mystique and Gambit and completely cleaned out his entire side for the win. I love my stupid deck and I'm dreading the inevitable nerf

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
There's so much BS in this game and they don't really seem to be interested in nerfing any of it, which is pretty great. I enjoy playing Wacky Edge Case: The Deckbuilding Game.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

No Wave posted:

I think you have to make all four pieces (I already made one piece). It amounts to ~120 matches over the course of the event (assuming you do random-random-targeted-targeted and don't lowroll the random) which is kind of a lot but it's doable.

Half that, if you use any of the cards in your deck (BP is season pass only, but the rest are just in pools), it's not really that much for week or so. About 10 matches a day or so, maybe a bit of a push for really low-key players, but it's an incentive to play a little bit more

Really weird that events aren't more visible tho

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
gambit is some bullshit

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

No Wave posted:

It actually amounts to more than that because there's a 50% chance to fail a craft, which gives back 50% of the materials. If you're not bothered about the avatar it's just 100 credits for playing 20-30 games in a week, which is perfectly fair.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I just faced Onslaught’s citadel, Wong, Ironheart, Odin. I did not understand what I was seeing.

The animation went on for quite some time.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

At the moment my favourite dastardly Hobgoblin play is pairing him with Elektra on Turn 6 on a fully stacked location that the opponent figures they've got locked up. It doesn't come up often and is a bit of a gamble if they've got a couple of 1 Energy cards there, but when I'm holding that pair and looking at a stacked location with the only 1 Energy card being Antman or Sunspot I feel like a real supervillain.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
On my way into pool three I got Dr doom, patriot, wasp, and mystique, so I guess I'm playing a patriot deck now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Jedit posted:

It actually amounts to more than that because there's a 50% chance to fail a craft, which gives back 50% of the materials. If you're not bothered about the avatar it's just 100 credits for playing 20-30 games in a week, which is perfectly fair.
I JUST FAILED THREE IN A ROW

EVENT IS poo poo