Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Is there a benchmark tool in game? It would help if i didn’t need to play a game and have to gauge the performance while focusing on playing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

explosivo posted:

This poo poo owns. Playing with the whole squad reunited and having a very good time. Ripper gun is amazing for Ogryn. I don't super enjoy the running around scanning things objective though. Once everyone knows what to do and look for it doesn't take too long but it's just kind of annoying.

Yeah the scanning things thing was not something I was looking forward to when it popped up each time. My group kind of groaned when that map would pop. I feel like it would have been fine had it not been like 10 times in a single map. Hopefully it's a mechanic they use sparingly.

Loving the game. So much drat fun.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Orv posted:

Holy poo poo if you get a Braced/Torrent type autogun in your shop give it a go, at least as Vet.

I'll keep an eye out, thank you. I hope autoguns can get proper sights and better recoil as you level up.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'm really not feeling the psyker, it feels so much worse than the previous beta. What are some good ways to deal with armor with the other classes so you can avoid having one on your team?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hmmm buggy was an understatement, it just straight up doesn't work. Game is constantly crashing trying to reconnect to my match.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'm really not feeling the psyker, it feels so much worse than the previous beta. What are some good ways to deal with armor with the other classes so you can avoid having one on your team?

Hope you have a good armor piercing weapon equipped and/or some specific traits. Vet F ability is the only other class mechanic that really helps deal with elites, although not specifically armor. Psyker is really the only specially anti-armor base class mechanic. Psyker might feel worse, I haven't played it, but it still murders poo poo.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

S.J. posted:

Hope you have a good armor piercing weapon equipped and/or some specific traits. Vet F ability is the only other class mechanic that really helps deal with elites, although not specifically armor. Psyker is really the only specially anti-armor base class mechanic. Psyker might feel worse, I haven't played it, but it still murders poo poo.

It feels like garbage compared to before. You only get two head bursts before overloading, your ult only drops half your meter, and they don't even one-shot the heavily armored guys.

Oh, and pushing with your force sword raises your meter and resets the timer on it ticking down. It went from a really fun class to miserable.

Edit: I'm also having a lot of trouble locking onto the correct enemies with the brain burst and staying locked on. Never had any issue in the closed beta.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 18, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
God the Ogryn grenadier gauntlet is such an absurdly better ranged weapon than anything else he has access to at level 8 its not even funny. It's reliably accurate out to range and you can pop guys that you couldn't deal with using the thumper or ripper. It's also legitimately good in melee with the excepting that you can't block with it.

Feels like the club got nerfed to be slower though. Shame because it had the best special out of the ogryn weapon. The open palm slap was absolutely hilarious. Ogryn shovel is pretty legit though.

Since the beta weekend they added distance drop-off, so shotgun sniping isn't really a thing anymore it seems.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 18, 2022

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

Hmmm buggy was an understatement, it just straight up doesn't work. Game is constantly crashing trying to reconnect to my match.

Ok I turned off DLSS and I was able to actually get through a match. I have updated NVIDIA drivers, perhaps that is part of the problem? Hopefully they can resolve it soon.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ashtarath posted:

So i haven't been able to get past the title screen
"Backend error
Error signing in"

So this is almost certainly an EAC error; while the servers are definitely on fire, they aren't that bad.

I had an issue that looked almost exactly like yours but it isn't exactly the same. I'll tell you the steps I saw and how I fixed it and maybe it'll help? Sorry if not.

So initially when I first downloaded the game, I'd press Play in steam, it'd think for a second, and then decide it didn't want to play after all. I thought, well, that's probably an EAC error, so rather then running from the EXE I was running from an EAC EXE in the Darktide folder called "run protected app" or something similar, which would open Darktide and I was like gently caress yeah here we go, but then when I got to the splash screen I got infinite backend errors on space press, just like you're describing.

So I went into my %appdata% folder and deleted EAC and Darktide data, which turns out I had old Darktide data in there from the previous beta. Verified all files and ran the game, and it worked.

I hope this is helpful but recognize it may not address your exact problem.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Is there a way to turn on outline for your team like in vermintide? Also, in the older games I was using mouse wheel down for tag, doesn't seem to work in this game? It'll let me bind it but it doesn't seem to function

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

field balm posted:

Is there a way to turn on outline for your team like in vermintide? Also, in the older games I was using mouse wheel down for tag, doesn't seem to work in this game? It'll let me bind it but it doesn't seem to function

The outline should be on by default, it appears as a disembodied skeleton and circulatory system that you can see through walls. And ping does default to M3, I don't know if it's compatible with a scroll direction. You might have to pick a key, I'm not sure.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

KPC_Mammon posted:

It feels like garbage compared to before. You only get two head bursts before overloading, your ult only drops half your meter, and they don't even one-shot the heavily armored guys.

Oh, and pushing with your force sword raises your meter and resets the timer on it ticking down. It went from a really fun class to miserable.

Edit: I'm also having a lot of trouble locking onto the correct enemies with the brain burst and staying locked on. Never had any issue in the closed beta.

The mechanic with the stacking warp charges you get for brain bursts also seems needlessly fiddly. It seems like the intent is for the player to try to have those up more or less constantly, especially since there's a penance to keep it up for five minutes straight. But with the buff only lasting some 25 seconds that's really very tricky. Switching away from and back to the brain burst, finding a target, and charging it up can take some 5 seconds, so in practice you've got maybe 20 seconds of "normal" weapons gameplay until you already have to look for another brain burst target to keep your buff up, and that's assuming your teammates don't accidentally kill it before the charge is through. And that's not even considering using a peril-generating weapon.

It feels less like something you can organically include in your playstyle and more like something you need to constantly be actively trying to keep up, and the buff really is not so substantial as to make that worthwhile. Though perhaps some of the later talents will make that more doable.

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

KPC_Mammon posted:

psyker feels worse all around. It feels harder to aim the head pop properly at elites (at least compared to the beta) and having your push generate peril after they made 2 head pops get you to 90% is extremely funny

uncalled for! fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 18, 2022

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Zealots skills are either bugged or got changed and their tooltips not updated - his ult only recharges 50% toughness instead of 100%, and the "regen toughness around enemies in melee range" trait seems to not work a lot of the time

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
:fatshark:
Probably not a great call to make sweeping changes right before release with their track record for handling bugs and versions.

I spent most of the day just making the 4 characters, there is that slight FOMO feeling of "what if this other voice/personality pack has the better voice lines", was slightly disappointed that all the human characters can be made to look identical with not much in the way of class unique appearances in the way that Kruber and Saltzpyre look nothing alike despite both being male humans, but I imagine 99% of the character creator will be hidden by cosmetics later.

I'm hoping with enough traits the psyker will feel a bit more fun but it feels very weak now at the start compared to just using one of the chargers to slice up the elites and knock them down.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 18, 2022

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

KPC_Mammon posted:

I don’t remember it particularly from beta but the actual manual quelling is slower or equal to just letting it drain passively, it’s really bizarre.

Played a ton of it tonight and my main feeling is just “drat I should’ve put this time into zealot.”

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

i've only played 3 games but its been 11/12 vets so far

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I imagine the manual venting being slower then passive venting is something that will get patched because that is a interesting design decision for sure.

Been seeing either all Veterans that shoot every little enemy like it's call of duty or all Ogyns that chop everything to pieces in the few games I played.

It's really weird that you can't change your character when you are loading into a mission so you can avoid loading up on duplicates, Psyker is the worst to double up on.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Abroham Lincoln posted:

I don’t remember it particularly from beta but the actual manual quelling is slower or equal to just letting it drain passively, it’s really bizarre.

Played a ton of it tonight and my main feeling is just “drat I should’ve put this time into zealot.”

They increased a lot of the peril costs for stuff because they were apparently not happy with how pop-happy psykers got in CBeta and are trying to get them to also actually use guns or melee, but the pendulum seems to have swung too hard in the other direction

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Digging this CQC Veteran thing I got going on by using the revolver. Has very good knockdown value if it doesn't kill poo poo outright, and a panic Volley Fire whips it out immediately so you can drop dudes in your face very quickly.

I should look out for the carbine-looking blue autoguns/lasguns though, apparently they're the ones I remember liking from the previous beta.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Can confirm that hellguns are in, just did a run with a dude with one. Hilariously good.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Ashtarath posted:

So i haven't been able to get past the title screen
"Backend error
Error signing in"

I dealt with it all day without any improvement but finally found something that fixed it on my end: changing the dns server. I followed these steps, changed my IPv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and was able to log into the game successfully after that.

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Pesterchum posted:

I dealt with it all day without any improvement but finally found something that fixed it on my end: changing the dns server. I followed these steps, changed my IPv4 DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and was able to log into the game successfully after that.

*insert ‘it’s always DNS haiku’ here*

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I'm having different experiences to everyone.

Mostly getting Ogryns and Psykers on my teams, no crashes or bugs, decent performance on a 2070 (not updated my gpu drivers) with a Ryzen 7 3800x and like , 16gb ram.

Game loving slaps.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Pesterchum posted:

Instantly fixed the problem thanks

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Orv posted:

Can confirm that hellguns are in, just did a run with a dude with one. Hilariously good.

Wait, like the proper backpack charged one the enemy gunners get?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

DeathSandwich posted:

Feels like the club got nerfed to be slower though. Shame because it had the best special out of the ogryn weapon. The open palm slap was absolutely hilarious. Ogryn shovel is pretty legit though.

Keep in mind there are stat differences on each weapon you buy. I bought a club that had almost no damage on the chart but had better handling/mobility and it made a noticeable difference with how fast you could swing it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Fishstick posted:

They increased a lot of the peril costs for stuff because they were apparently not happy with how pop-happy psykers got in CBeta and are trying to get them to also actually use guns or melee, but the pendulum seems to have swung too hard in the other direction

The very annoying this about this is that the iconic ability and most of the later talents are built around using the head popping constantly. You're expected to keep your warp charges up, which means doing a head pop at least once every 25 seconds. Which is super not worth it now if there isn't an elite to use it on, and sometimes not even then.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Wait, like the proper backpack charged one the enemy gunners get?

Handheld so I dunno if that's some special forge world pattern or whatever but it was a full auto high RoF lasrifle.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Orv posted:

Handheld so I dunno if that's some special forge world pattern or whatever but it was a full auto high RoF lasrifle.

Oh thats the elysian drop troop pattern lasgun, its full auto. Glad to hear it rules, but my hopes got elevated even higher for a second.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

field balm posted:

There's actually 2 binds now, one for tag and a "Hold" for circle menu. Everything other than specials unintuitively falls into the second category of ping onlyv

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

explosivo posted:

Keep in mind there are stat differences on each weapon you buy. I bought a club that had almost no damage on the chart but had better handling/mobility and it made a noticeable difference with how fast you could swing it.

Did they say when they were gonna update the stats so that they don't look so pointlessly bad with the bars

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

explosivo posted:

This game is so good, but they really dropped the ball when making the stats screens. It's so incredibly bad, what the hell where they thinking?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Performance is poor but no crashes. A little disheartened at the fact there are only 4 classes. That's pretty wack.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Ichabod Tane posted:

Performance is poor but no crashes. A little disheartened at the fact there are only 4 classes. That's pretty wack.

It does feel weird, like if I get bored of playing the Zealot specifically in 20 hours of gametime, instead of switching to a different playstyle for the zealot, I'll have to switch to one of the others and be back at trust level 1 (I assume each character levels up, gears and gets access to better gear in the first place separately).

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Ichabod Tane posted:

I think it’ll be 12 on full release, no?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

tehinternet posted:

12 maps maybe...

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

tehinternet posted:

I did a super cursory look for subclasses and everything I saw said edgewise but I'm not the authority here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I think they've said they have plans for subclasses and ongoing support and content drops but for now it's the four basic classes and five maps (with different mission objectives taking you into different areas/paths through the maps)?