Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I just started watching Journeys and when I realised Pikachu evolved because he loved Kangaskhan so much I got emotional.

I still kinda think the VA quality dents the cartoon a bit. The acting is not super. I'd change the language and read subs but for some reason Netflix doesn't offer Japanese as an option.

e: what a bad snipe. My copy hasn't arrived yet. Amazon are being slow. I am going nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/horngal/status/1593533563085152257

i dont really care about frames or minor glitchiness but this game is just straight up busted

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do all pokemon outside of legendaries have similar lifespans? do you think a bulbasaur lives a lot longer if you don't ever evolve it? where's all this info.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Jesus this game needed another year of development and optimization at minimum. Put it back, it’s not done.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Game is janky and ugly as hell sometimes but I was enjoying myself playing it regardless last night. Me and my boyfriend are doing type ace runs that we randomly selected. I got Normal and he got Electric so it'll be fun to trade around pokemon we need from each other. It's my favorite way to play the games now since it adds a small layer of challenge and makes me use pokemon I'd normally not. Already feasting for Normal type options early on.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vegastar posted:

Jesus this game needed another year of development and optimization at minimum. Put it back, it’s not done.

https://twitter.com/t_a_b_e_r_u/status/1593570678116323329

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I'm here for the jank.

Also fuecoco is the best.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

He took a bite out of the gum gum fruit

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/o7R6FnxTQzhxSF3/status/1593456042146672640

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

The jank hasn't been to terrible for me so far. I played a couple hours last night and will probably binge through most of the game today.

Framerate can slow to a crawl, the camera gets stuck when in small spaces, but the big offender I've noticed is clipping.

But for all it's faults, SV is just way more charming then SwSh ever thought of being. It has so much personality and that's reflected in the actual animations (limited as they can be), and the abundance of flavor text for everything.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Endorph posted:

https://twitter.com/horngal/status/1593533563085152257

i dont really care about frames or minor glitchiness but this game is just straight up busted

https://twitter.com/dril/status/757914951868485632?s=20&t=tyqunO_Tm_iyKzqAjRuibg

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

My SV dual pack is out for delivery! Can't wait to load it up and play it...

... as soon as Christmas Day rolls around and the kids unwrap it :smith:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Flopsy posted:

Is the game actually playable? Because reading about everyone's experience with it sounds like the thing barely functions. :(
Don't worry, the jank is just graphical. So far the gameplay is some of the most streamlined and satisfying in the whole series. I haven't had time to play much but there are so many nice quality of life improvements. If background characters are sometimes 5 fps, that's more funny than game breaking.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Eiba posted:

Don't worry, the jank is just graphical. So far the gameplay is some of the most streamlined and satisfying in the whole series. I haven't had time to play much but there are so many nice quality of life improvements. If background characters are sometimes 5 fps, that's more funny than game breaking.

Not being able to turn off animations or choose 'set' battle style is bizarre but the animations are quick in general.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Lol nah the graphics and performance are just as terrible as the reviews said. The lack of anti-aliasing is insanely funny.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Holy poo poo the shadows lol

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

The graphics and framerate are jank but also I’ve been motivated to run around and catch everything in the starting area and I haven’t even gotten to the school yet.

That’s uh. Not how I normally play Pokémon.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Are there really only 4 outfits in this whole game?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Spanish Manlove posted:

Are there really only 4 outfits in this whole game?

Yep. There are a lot of accessories but lmao that they decided to cut back on outfits this much.

The stupid jersey you got forced into during gyms in SwSh was an omen apparently.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The Scarlet Autumn and Violet Winter outfits are the best-looking options

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think it's funny I'm likely to complain the most about this poo poo but I'm also the same kind of person to just be like 'lol, lmao' when tech problems happen as long as I'm enjoying myself. Curious if it'll break me.

Also why the hell is Route 1 littered with every dumb baby in the franchise my god pichu azurill, igglybuff etc they're all just here!! I can't raise friendship that fast!! Route 1 is literally the land of Little Guys!!

I like the Route 1 spread of pokemon but for gently caress's sake, my radar says there's Diglett nearby but I can't fuckin find any. I want a Diglett. I need a Diglett.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Vinylshadow posted:

The Scarlet Autumn and Violet Winter outfits are the best-looking options

they all look so dumb

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Deki posted:

I like the Route 1 spread of pokemon but for gently caress's sake, my radar says there's Diglett nearby but I can't fuckin find any. I want a Diglett. I need a Diglett.

Diglett is in a cave you go to as a forced part of the story, don't look too hard for it before then

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Deki posted:

There was one in that cave where you meet your dragon bike, but I killed it by accident and couldn't find another.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Eiba posted:

There was one in that cave where you meet your dragon bike, but I killed it by accident and couldn't find another.

I saw exactly one non-Houndour/Houndoom pokemon in the whole cave and it wasn't a diglett. I'm guessing you can go back when your dragon bike becomes an actual bike?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
oh man, these animations when you finally get to class. oh jeez. this is some jason and the argonauts level animation

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The shadows are so bad they should just patch them out. Why even try?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm glad to see pokemon going back to its roots and being a buggy mess

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
Which game do I get, the one with the cooler professor or the one where the bike's wheels work?

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

This game is jankier than Calico

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

It's so weird that despite all the jank and dumb shadows this games ridiculously charming.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

I'm glad to see pokemon going back to its roots and being a buggy mess
Have there been many non-graphical bugs? It's got a janky aesthetic but it plays just fine. (For me, so far.)

Dr. Stab posted:

Which game do I get, the one with the cooler professor or the one where the bike's wheels work?
Whichever version has pants you're okay with.

I think the bike that runs on all fours is fun, but I can't stand the colors associated with it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mustached Demon posted:

It's so weird that despite all the jank and dumb shadows this games ridiculously charming.

I only played it for 15 minutes this morning (just before the first catching tutorial) and I felt the same way. It was a sense of "awe" that I have not felt in a game in a long time. Hope the game continues to not be a buggy dumpster fire for me.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Eiba posted:

Have there been many non-graphical bugs? It's got a janky aesthetic but it plays just fine. (For me, so far.)

I think the bike that runs on all fours is fun, but I can't stand the colors associated with it.

You can fling yourself down darn near any cliff by walking at it near parallel from the edge. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do lethal-and-then-some high jumps. This of course also comes with a visual bug where the character suddenly lwsge hangs off of nothing about a foot off the ground for a moment.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Eiba posted:

https://twitter.com/KrakenMare77/status/1593493690366189568?t=mnFj_jZ7x_YTGkHgyNRLPnYZoxTguEGHFYS_GuXHsDk&s=19

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

FoolyCharged posted:

You can fling yourself down darn near any cliff by walking at it near parallel from the edge. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to be able to do lethal-and-then-some high jumps. This of course also comes with a visual bug where the character suddenly lwsge hangs off of nothing about a foot off the ground for a moment.

They are hanging on to their phone. The game says it saves you from falls.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Snicky974/status/1593350240538886144?s=20&t=M4DWq6L1XBxfjmW1fqYJUg

https://twitter.com/ShawTrafalgar/status/1593487953413611520?s=20&t=M4DWq6L1XBxfjmW1fqYJUg

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

The amount of jank is... yeah, it's bad.

Doesn't matter how charming a game is imo, you shouldn't be allowed to release a $60 game like this. Especially if you're a multi-billion $ company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

So does it currently run better or worse than Cyberpunk did at launch?