Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nenonen posted:

Having to watch football totally sober is a serious breach of human rights, what next? Hot dogs with ketchup?

Every idiot watching this shambles:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jedit posted:

I've seen the tweet that explains the lockout. Musk directly fired the keycard support guy. And then, of course, asked him to come back to fix what had gone wrong.

Lol. Yeah there's just the one guy with a set of keys for a worldwide $44 billion $50 million company's premises.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Outside the perimeter its 13 euros (£11.30) a pint of Budweiser

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Lol. Yeah there's just the one guy with a set of keys for a worldwide $44 billion $50 million company's premises.

When the guy you worship is busy revealing himself to be one of the dumbest most spiteful edgelord cunts on the planet, maybe you should just wait it out

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

NotJustANumber99 posted:

The fact you consider this implausible explains a lot I feel.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

peanut- posted:

Much worse, it's in America

Oh, so there still won't be any beer served in the stadia then.

E: and NJAN99? You do know that Musk just laid off half of Twitter's staff and what looks to be 80% of the remainder have quit, right? I work for an organisation with 12000 FTE employees and we have I think it's three people who handle keycard auths. It's very, very believable that Twitter only had one person to do it at Head Office and that that person just got sacked.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Nov 18, 2022

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Given that twitter is about to implode I think it's time I started being active here again. Genuinely asking, now: is Mastodon going to actually take over the spot twitter filled? It seems unworkable. I can't even get a search to run to add people.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Not without destroying everything that makes it Mastodon.

Like having users own their own data/content rather than everything you enter being owned by Twitter is not going to attract investment in the ecosystem, and having things be federated and decentralized is not going to make big viral waves or 'main characters' easy.

Maybe that's a good thing on balance, but whatever it is it won't be Twitter.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Prole posted:

Given that twitter is about to implode I think it's time I started being active here again. Genuinely asking, now: is Mastodon going to actually take over the spot twitter filled? It seems unworkable. I can't even get a search to run to add people.

I'd just wait and see what happens. I think it will be hard to predict where everyone will end up.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Jedit posted:

Oh, so there still won't be any beer served in the stadia then.

E: and NJAN99? You do know that Musk just laid off half of Twitter's staff and what looks to be 80% of the remainder have quit, right? I work for an organisation with 12000 FTE employees and we have I think it's three people who handle keycard auths. It's very, very believable that Twitter only had one person to do it at Head Office and that that person just got sacked.

Oh sorry my mistake, so that was a real tweet then?

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
Mastodon is great in princple but poor in practice currently. I've set up on mas.to (@loonytoad@mas.to if anyone wants to be my first follower!) and the interface is good, you can edit posts(!), it runs nice and quickly and despite all the dramatics it's really easy to find people across federated instances.

On the negative side my home feed doesn't work and everyone I've added on an instance other than my own is stuck in a pending status. So just minor, entirely game-breaking issues then.

On the flip side I can't see Twitter lasting the weekend if the stories bouncing around at the moment are even half true, so I guess it's better than nothing.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This honestly rules. Just lie to FIFA, tell them you'll let them sell beer to keep the sponsors happy & then 2 days before the opening ceremony come out & go "oh, wait, no, you can't" so that FIFA are going to have to pay loads in fines/penalties to Budweiser. This is the first thing that's made me think "hmmm, maybe this World Cup isn't a completely 100% awful idea", even though I'm still mad it's in the middle of the season & interrupts the actual football I care about.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Oh sorry my mistake, so that was a real tweet then?

I never said it was a real tweet. I said it was a believable tweet. We're in the age where satire can't be distinguished from reality, remember.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This guy keeps popping up on my feed, as some Tory ministers I follow keep liking his tweets for some reason
https://twitter.com/andrew_lilico/status/1593548322786131969

:allears:

Does anyone have idea what drug he's taking? Asking for a friend.

Prole
Jan 13, 2022

Jippa posted:

I'd just wait and see what happens. I think it will be hard to predict where everyone will end up.

I think you're right. Tbh I can't see twitter going anywhere. It's always been a binfire.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

So I decided to try one of those Tony's Chocolonely and, uh, is it meant to look like this and immediately fall apart on opening? I can only find pictures of the packaging so I guess I'm asking here!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

This guy keeps popping up on my feed, as some Tory ministers I follow keep liking his tweets for some reason

Lilico is a posting legend. Completely unhinged. He’s very funny

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

So I decided to try one of those Tony's Chocolonely and, uh, is it meant to look like this and immediately fall apart on opening? I can only find pictures of the packaging so I guess I'm asking here!

No, I’ve had a couple of these when I was feeling particularly flush and they’re Normal. That’s not.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

I mean, he’s probably sort of right here. The threat of Corbyn likely held the Tories together somewhat. They’re more comfortable collapsing if they know that the alternative won’t do anything.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

If that's not normal they should make it, I'd go for cool cyber punk chocolate.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

fuctifino posted:

Piss. 100% undistilled human urine.

Andrew Lilico drinks piss is what I'm saying.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Fat & coca solid separation; that chocolate was either badly made or well past its use by date.

edit: badly stored chocolate can also do that.

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Nov 18, 2022

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cool, in the bin it goes then.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Cool, in the bin it goes then.

Bloomed chocolate is perfectly fine to eat though the texture can be a bit unpleasant. If you're at home you can melt it down & that should recombine the fats & solids.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Where's the Master Fudge Maker when we need him?! :derp:

I've eaten stuff like that, gritty texture but edible for sure, wish i'd thought about remelting & cooling it before consumption.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

forkboy84 posted:

Bloomed chocolate is perfectly fine to eat though the texture can be a bit unpleasant. If you're at home you can melt it down & that should recombine the fats & solids.

It's basically like using tinder when your loving drunk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Probably got warm or something if it's still in date, that's what often causes blooming. As others said you can still eat it, it won't hurt, just generally doesn't taste that nice.

also rip twitter never used it

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Mastodon is great in princple but poor in practice currently. I've set up on mas.to (@loonytoad@mas.to if anyone wants to be my first follower!) and the interface is good, you can edit posts(!), it runs nice and quickly and despite all the dramatics it's really easy to find people across federated instances.

On the negative side my home feed doesn't work and everyone I've added on an instance other than my own is stuck in a pending status. So just minor, entirely game-breaking issues then.

On the flip side I can't see Twitter lasting the weekend if the stories bouncing around at the moment are even half true, so I guess it's better than nothing.
lol, I posted this and 10 minutes later the server goes down. The future is stupid.

e: The Mastodon server just to be clear (and to be fair it came back 5 minutes later), Twitter still limps along.

Loonytoad Quack fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Nov 18, 2022

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Loonytoad Quack posted:

lol, I posted this and 10 minutes later the server goes down. The future is stupid.

Your server, or Twitter?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Loonytoad Quack posted:

Bring back Livejournal?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Noxville posted:

It’s funny because when I first went to Uni 22 years ago I was in halls with a guy who said his dad earned £50k and I thought that was a huge salary. Now both my wife are both creeping up on that number and don’t feel rich in any way; we’re definitely comfortable but it’s mostly because we live in a fairly cheap area. There’s obviously still a huge gulf between us and the people who can afford to send their kids to Bradford Grammar School which is just around the corner (fees: £14k per year).

It's still a pretty good salary, but also 22 years of inflation have happened. 50k then would be like 100k now or something.

Edit: my bad, someone already posted that. But yeah, I imagine someone on 50k back then could, in fact, send a kid to school and pay that (especially if there's bursaries/scholarships) if that's how they chose to allocate their money.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

How will important, worldwide governmental business be conducted if Twitter goes belly up?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Telex

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

WhatsApp like normal

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Tinder

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

He's right. Corbyn Labour was an existential threat to not just The Conservative party but neoliberalism in general. Keith Labour is a threat to the Conservative party but will reign utterly indistinguishable from any tory leader.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Just Another Lurker posted:

Where's the Master Fudge Maker when we need him?! :derp:

I've eaten stuff like that, gritty texture but edible for sure, wish i'd thought about remelting & cooling it before consumption.

Here, always watching, waiting for the fudge signal to shine in the night sky..

Yeah, that’s badly bloomed chocolate- also the smaller round dots look like they might be mould. Melting it down would recombine, as has been mentioned, but tbh I’d bin it.

I’ve never been particularly impressed by Tonys chocolate. I know their supposed to be more ethical than their competition but has anyone seen the receipts on that?

Edit: Also, the Master Fudge Maker now has an apprentice! Who produced a perfect batch of salted caramel last night to complete his initial training!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/bryn_boranga/status/1593540321601720321

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Is a person who earns £110,000 now going to pay any more tax under the new budget?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

feedmegin posted:

Bring back Livejournal?

dear god NO :ohdear: