Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You guys probably don’t know this because you’re a bunch of entirely stupid fuckers but every Spacex rocket that has exploded was on purpose which is brilliant if you think about it because until you know all the things that make them explode you can’t know all the things that won’t make them explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

ymgve posted:

Anyone managed to download their data from twitter lately? I've been waiting like four days now and is starting to suspect data downloads is one of the "unimportant" things Musk took down.

I requested my archive on Monday and still haven't gotten it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

bird with big dick posted:

You guys probably don’t know this because you’re a bunch of entirely stupid fuckers but every Spacex rocket that has exploded was on purpose which is brilliant if you think about it because until you know all the things that make them explode you can’t know all the things that won’t make them explode.

the only way to innovate is to scrap everything and start from scratch, relearning extant data in the most roundabout and stupid way possible. It's called, "disruption," hth.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That conversation was 800 posts ago dude

So like 6 hours

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Someone probably had to hit a button to certify that the info wasn't being sent to a wrong party.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I wish I had a rocket to explode like Mr. Musk. I am green with envy.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

The original post about that had real “Calvin’s dad explaining bridge weight limits” energy.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

MikeJF posted:

That conversation was 800 posts ago dude

So like 6 hours

You are talking to the world's foremost expert on SpaceX posts on the Something Awful forums, have some loving respect

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

my one regret itt is sleeping through that shitshow

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Hey I grew up on 80's action movies. You don't need to sell me on why blowing things up is always kickass and cool.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You're meant to blow up the warhead, not the launch stage.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

super sweet best pal posted:

Everyone's all mad about twitter but I'm still just shitposting on there like nothing's changed.

Shitposting… shitposting never changes.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Here is why twitter sucks

Part 1/34

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

goatface posted:

You're meant to blow up the warhead, not the launch stage.

Why not both :shrug:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

So how many staff ticked 'no' on that Hardcore Twitter form? Enough to close the offices?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because you want the warhead over there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

repiv posted:

the problem is that unless you architect the entire service around E2EE, the backend needs to have the decryption keys to hand for all that data so it being encrypted at rest counts for very little

signal does it, but signal is intentionally very simple, scaling that out to the complexity of something like twitter or discord without making it a usability nightmare is an open problem

FB messenger and WhatsApp can both do E2E, it’s not really an open problem

the back end only needs to see routing metadata and enough to broker a key exchange, unless they’re doing indexing for search and similar

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Ratjaculation posted:

So how many staff ticked 'no' on that Hardcore Twitter form? Enough to close the offices?

Estimates are <1000 employees remain (probably <300)

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Ratjaculation posted:

The reason they're locking everything up over the weekend is they no longer know who should and shouldn't have access. Lmao

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

kazil posted:

Estimates are <1000 employees remain (probably <300)

eloln

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Ratjaculation posted:

See
There was no "no" to click
You either clicked "yes" or you left it alone

And nobody who's left at twitter actually knows how many people they fired yesterday
lol

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

lol this dummy clearly hasn't taken into account how :rock:HARDCORE:rock: everyone is going to be now.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Sockser posted:

See
There was no "no" to click
You either clicked "yes" or you left it alone

And nobody who's left at twitter actually knows how many people they fired yesterday
lol

Lol there has to be a few people on PTO that wanted to stay that just managed to miss the email

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Gros Tarla posted:

Lol there has to be a few people on PTO that wanted to stay that just managed to miss the email

You can't write hard core with PTO

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

lol this dummy clearly hasn't taken into account how :rock:HARDCORE:rock: everyone is going to be now.

Except everyone left is a crowdkiller.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

What can we, as individuals, do to hasten the demise of Twitter?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

They could have not read the email. Or they’re on holiday. Really, legally this is not binding to anyone.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

ReidRansom posted:

We can limit the number of characters in our forum posts to 123 or some poo poo like that

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And then there's Europe

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

https://twitter.com/vrunt/status/1593414337074429958

:justpost: and call Elon a big dumb dumb.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

Hey I grew up on 80's action movies. You don't need to sell me on why blowing things up is always kickass and cool.

You can tell none of the explosions were on purpose because there's not a single shot of Elon Musk turning away from the exploding rocket and putting on shades as he casually strolls towards the camera in slow motion.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Gros Tarla posted:

Oh yeah there was some person leaving who said there were employees in hospital and on vacation who wouldn’t even know an ultimatum had been sent.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

MikeJF posted:

And then there's Europe

Europe is so soft core

Kale
May 14, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593494261038649344?s=20&t=zDgcaIfwZYPZAJSpg12ZBg

this poo poo is so lame I can't even handle it, he absolutely sickens me

His absolutely childlike zoomer sense of humor despite being a grown rear end man completely reminds me of someone I know to a disturbing degree. It's the stance that absolutely everything is some ironic joke or meme despite an actually serious situation that requires serious sober thought or communication and/or just the total refusal to engage with someone without throwing out shitposts and bad jokes that is eerily similar to this person. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVzdSPhcMUo Like this is how I imagine it is trying to talk to him in person even when you need him to sign off on something or actually shut up and listen.

Kale fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 18, 2022

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Riven posted:

Oh yeah there was some person leaving who said there were employees in hospital and on vacation who wouldn’t even know an ultimatum had been sent.

Elon doesn't want those kind of employees anyway

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's been elon time, been elon time
been elon musky musky musky musky time
yes it has

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I have worked with Zoomers and Young Millenials my entire career as a teacher and then as a College Academic Coach

Let me tell you, they would find this wierd gently caress cringe as hell, and they are way more funny than that

This is like... bad chan 2007 humor Musk pumps out. Just "How do you do Fellow Kids?" On an insane level. Zoomer humor this is not

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Stoatbringer posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisjbakke/status/1593456871255339008?s=46&t=QMRUebhLe5HC_dMiPA38PA

Everything’s fine and elons got it all figured out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
Some of the funniest twitter posters ever came from here. Hopefully they will come back.
SA forums might be old as hell, but it's like visiting your childhood home. Your room is small and all your nice things aren't there, but you can't resist its melancholic charm.