Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Favorite arc?
The Hunter Exam
Heaven's Arena
Yorknew City
Greed Island
The Chimera Ants
The 13th Hunter Chairman Election
View Results

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Silver2195 posted:

Ooh, here's a fun question: Is the con man's fake body emission, or conjuration?

Pretty sure that normies can't see any emission-based nen stuff so it has to be conjuration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Silver2195 posted:

Ooh, here's a fun question: Is the con man's fake body emission, or conjuration?

I think it's been established that cloning is conjuration.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Having a new chapter of HunterXHunter every week makes me so happy. And they’re generally so dense it feels like 3-4 chapters of another manga. I hope it never ends.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Apocron posted:

Having a new chapter of HunterXHunter every week makes me so happy. And they’re generally so dense it feels like 3-4 chapters of another manga. I hope it never ends.

Ahahaha ha, when does the next dragon quest game come out again?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

AtomikKrab posted:

Ahahaha ha, when does the next dragon quest game come out again?

Not for a while, we have very few details on it.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it's funny that the "togashi goes on hiatus because he's a lazy gamer" meme persists even though we now know his health was so bad he literally couldn't sit down on the toilet to poo poo

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Soemthing it took me until rereading the succession war now to notice: Tyson is the sixth Prince! Shes older than Luzurus. I thought she was like, 15, all this time.

I really want to know what the one Taboo in Tysonism is

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

it's funny that the "togashi goes on hiatus because he's a lazy gamer" meme persists even though we now know his health was so bad he literally couldn't sit down on the toilet to poo poo

Fwiw, the same meme was applied to Miura and Im@s

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Soemthing it took me until rereading the succession war now to notice: Tyson is the sixth Prince! Shes older than Luzurus. I thought she was like, 15, all this time.

I really want to know what the one Taboo in Tysonism is

Dubbed anime.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Halken being the loving 9th prince always gets me. Compared to Kacho and Fugetsu being 10 and 11 (twins).

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Halken being the loving 9th prince always gets me. Compared to Kacho and Fugetsu being 10 and 11 (twins).

Kacho and Fugetsu are like 15-16 and Halkenberg is about 19 or so.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MonsterEnvy posted:

Kacho and Fugetsu are like 15-16 and Halkenberg is about 19 or so.

Yeah but Halken has Resting Old Man Face sometimes so I tend to think he's like, older than Sale or Lazurus or Tyson.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
He's 19???

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Jesus christ, do they not have royal skincare? I thought he was in his 40s

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
I thought that the numbering is going by legitimacy/queen status. Big lols at Halk being 19. Poor guy. Kinda makes sense if you imagine all the stress that comes with trying to be a "good" politician in Kakin.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.
He's very grown up for his age.

Literally.

It's a pituitary problem okay.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
It's shonen, you get you AARP card at like 30. I think Hisoka and Illumi are both in their early 20s.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah, and Hisoka’s already having joint problems. Can’t even do precise movements with one of his hands anymore, and one of his legs acts up. :(

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Nonexistence posted:

It's shonen, you get you AARP card at like 30. I think Hisoka and Illumi are both in their early 20s.

Illumi is 24, we don't know how old Hisoka is, it's explicitly unknown.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Yeah, and Hisoka’s already having joint problems. Can’t even do precise movements with one of his hands anymore, and one of his legs acts up. :(

He's using extensive cosmetics on his face as well.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Halk went to University at 15 and graduated with a Masters. So he should be 19 to 20 we don't know his exact age.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 15, 2022

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I wonder if swinko swinko is still alive. Sale sale was her only child and I wonder if the queens are disposable after their kids all drop out of the war

Did sale sale have something planned or was the thing that was going to change history just his stupid rap show

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Meme Emulator posted:

I wonder if swinko swinko is still alive. Sale sale was her only child and I wonder if the queens are disposable after their kids all drop out of the war

Did sale sale have something planned or was the thing that was going to change history just his stupid rap show

Unless the King no longer wants her, Swinko Swinko should still be around.

Also yes I assume it was just his stupid rap show.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/sorryoutofrice/status/1592597256787853312?s=46&t=UFaRnzcXQ2gS4SeGBiw2LQ

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait there's a 6th floor in the Black Whale?

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

chapter? :-)

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Lpzie posted:

chapter? :-)

Soon I guess. Not a million words this time.

Btw, people should reread the two special Kurapica chapters in preparation. Just saying.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Nov 18, 2022

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

Turin Turambar posted:

Soon I guess. Not a million words this time.

Btw, people should reread the special Kurapica chapter in preparation. Just saying.

ok, read it. agents of the devil, and "we reject no-one, so take nothing from us". weird of them to leave that msg behind.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How old are the oldest princes?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://onepiecechapters.com/chapters/5542/hunter-x-hunter-chapter-395

Flashback time!

Young Phinks is killing me

Ok, time to write:

They reach the conclusion Heily are teleporting to move in/out.
The soldiers from last chapter are already with the other mafias, we didn't have a 'first meeting' scene. Keeping the pace brisk.
Of course, the main part of the chapter is the Spiders flashback. I liked how its linked to the current events, a reflection of a time where they weren't so different to the Heily. Young, and angry with the world.
If the flashback is going to fully explain how the troupe (3 separate gangs in this flashback) joined up, how they turned into professional thieves, their relation with Sheila (who is the girl with the book that is the same girl from the special Kurapica origin chapter), and the original of Kurata clan extermination, which should be related to the line of Nobunaga implying they were much more remorseless killers before), it's going to be a fairly long flashback. I expect for Togashi to split it in two, maybe now focus on how they joined up, and later what really with Sheika and Kurapica's clan.
It was of course, very cool to see them as youngins. Chrollo being so smart and inquisitive as young boy gives us parallels with Kurapica himself, and hell, Togashi makes Paku's death even worse now.

And finally: gosh this was unpredictable. Who could guess Togashi would go here, now? It kills a bit the pace of the succession war, I admit, but I'm sure later there will be payoff.

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Nov 18, 2022

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Mraagvpeine posted:

My guess would be early 30s or late 20s

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Little Feitan with the club alongside him was cute too

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Young Phantom Troupe are adorable.

I like how the “not so different” cliche is being applied in opposite directions simultaneously; they aren’t as different from the Heil-Ly Mafia as they like to think, but they also aren’t as different from Kurapica as Kurapica likes to think.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I'd put Benjamin in his early to mid 40s. Camilla and Zhang in their 30s. Tserriednich in his late 20's.

Interesting that Meteor city underwent the transformation to being truly independent in such a short period of time. I honestly figured they were doing suicide bombings long before the previous elder developed Sun and Moon. In fact, I thought that his power was designed to make it even easier to get revenge since S&M is impossible to detect by modern technology. Also, Hinrigh's continued competence really endears me to him despite the dude being a human trafficker.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The next 2-4 chapters are going to be really bleak/depressing aren't they...

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I'm giving 10:1 odds of Gyro appearing in this flashback

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Gyro got infused with Kakin DNA and is going to win the succession war.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

frajaq posted:

The next 2-4 chapters are going to be really bleak/depressing aren't they...

Togashi is winding up the baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Sorry Jujutsu... nothing personnel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

It didnt click until I saw another map of the black whale this chapter: Nasubi totally expects the Black Whale to sink in all the conflicts of the Succession War, doesnt he? Thats why that goofy cruise ship is on top, its the entirety of the first level and when all the fighting gets out of control and the Black Whale sinks, the cruise ship can just sail right away with the Succesion War winner safely on board.