Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I cannot wait for Twitter to crater and we can dunk on these chodes, but also there would be no ability to dunk on these chodes 😭

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Kale posted:

His absolutely childlike zoomer sense of humor despite being a grown rear end man completely reminds me of someone I know to a disturbing degree.

Please, he has no sense of humour and couldn’t make an original joke if his life depended on it.

This is what he thinks other people find funny and he’s mimicking it, it’s why every image macro he posts is stolen. He doesn’t know why people like ligma jokes, but he’s seen people laughing at them.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I can only imagine what Twitter's firewalls and IDS' are experiencing right now. :allears:

Any idiot who bought twitter blue is gonna have their credit card compromised within the next 48 hours (if it's not already).

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

he's hit the purchasing something means he invented it stage with twitter now?

Oct 4, 2005

If you're looking for gag gifts for christmas, I imagine this is going on sale for pennies soon.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

CBD Corndog posted:

Please, he has no sense of humour and couldn’t make an original joke if his life depended on it.

This is what he thinks other people find funny and he’s mimicking it, it’s why every image macro he posts is stolen. He doesn’t know why people like ligma jokes, but he’s seen people laughing at them.

It's this

Dude has never been in a room where people weren't paid to find him funny, and has zero self awareness to think otherwise

Kale
May 14, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The Rahul Ligma joke was funny for a hot minute and it makes sense he needs to drag it for as long as possible

Yeah something about having manchild zoomer humor as an adult apparently requires you to constantly retell the same joke over and over again. Maybe he thinks he can just troll his way through 80% of his staff quitting I don't know. It's another thing that uncomfortably reminds me of someone I know though.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

He is Twitter now. Everyone else there and all their achievements and efforts belong to him by the transitive property.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I cannot wait for Twitter to crater and we can dunk on these chodes, but also there would be no ability to dunk on these chodes 😭
The pilot has been dead for 15 minutes and the plane is still flying. The copilot jumped out without a parachute and it's fine, we're flying perfectly. I bet the big wigs at Delta are taking a look at paying all those pilots for nothing.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

I'm telling you all, this horrid poo poo isn't Zoomer or teenage humor, it's "45 year old channer posting on Patriot.win" humor

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Another Bill posted:

Who was the goon who predicted this? I remember they called it Seagull management: fly in, make a lot of noise, poo poo all over everything and then leave.

Sounds more like a thing a Canada Goose would do.

Anyway, I'd miss Twitter. It was overblown but still useful for easy short messages from journalists, politicians, and for current events like Russia's invasion of Ukraine- or for what's going on in Iran.

I don't think there's a better platform for that sort of thing.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Yeah, I won't pretend to understand Zoomer Humor but this ain't it

Cippalippus
Mar 31, 2007

Out for a ride, chillin out w/ a couple of friends. Going to be back for dinner
In what kind of magical world do people live, so that they expect something as complex as twitter to go on forever without an hiccup?

The first serious problem will kill twitter if nobody is there to fix it (and knowing how to fix it).

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Neuralink is going to announce a chip they can put in your brain to remove your ability to feel shame or embarrassment. Elons been using it for a while now

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

ilmucche posted:

lol my girlfriend was watching a video on youtube about what a charlatan Elon is the other day and they got to an interview with the guys who started Tesla and them not being able to talk about why they "left," and man they were loving pissed even bringing it up and kept asking why it's so goddamn important to him to say he was a founder and invented something he bought into, they just don't get it.

A farting mink
Nov 6, 2022

by Pragmatica
I saw one guy claim that Elon bought Twitter so he could use it to train an AI that was going to be used to automate his cars and all kinds of other machines.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Cippalippus posted:

In what kind of magical world do people live, so that they expect something as complex as twitter to go on forever without an hiccup?

The first serious problem will kill twitter if nobody is there to fix it (and knowing how to fix it).

The average person is an idiot moron who doesn’t know how anything works (and doesn’t want to know). Their nephew built a website in his spare time, why does twitter need so many employees?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

A farting mink posted:

I saw one guy claim that Elon bought Twitter so he could use it to train an AI that was going to be used to automate his cars and all kinds of other machines.

Teslas will now post directly to twitter when they run over a small child

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

69) Microsoft releases an update to windows server 2011, immediately a random server under someones desk crashes and twitter goes down.

The grandpa dev who only works in cobol was the only one who would know how to fix it, and elon fired him because he wasn't hardcore enough to do a fat caterpillar off a skateboard elon was riding. What do you do?

Kale
May 14, 2010

CBD Corndog posted:

His continued approach of just trying to troll and shitpost his way through all the companies problems certainly shows a stubborn dedication I'll say that much. I was legit wondering last night if this is actually how he runs Tesla as well.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

This loser is a recruiter???

https://twitter.com/ChrisJBakke/status/1593622087603625988?s=20&t=29ULy3FzN4sz9W0K8DuveQ

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy

Drone_Fragger posted:

69) Microsoft releases an update to windows server 2011, immediately a random server under someones desk crashes and twitter goes down.

The grandpa dev who only works in cobol was the only one who would know how to fix it, and elon fired him because he wasn't hardcore enough to do a fat caterpillar off a skateboard elon was riding. What do you do?

Well, that's not how it works, so nothing.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
At this point, would the low orbit ion cannon take down Twitter like that middle school or whatever?

At least it will be something space-age sounding.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I worked with a guy whose previous job was at Amazon.

Amazon has AI to detect CP and gore and other such poo poo in the pages of the materials it has preview indexes of.

This guy's job was TO TRAIN THAT AI.

He was a shell of a man already.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The fact Twitter still works is testament to how good the engineers he just tossed are.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Lmao google also makes loving phones. How many people does he think it takes to make a smartphone, and also DESIGN THE OS ALL THE OTHER PHONES USE.

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

goatface posted:

The fact Twitter still works is testament to how good the engineers he just tossed are.

Just wait till people find a bug that needs patching.

Mr Code Freeze's plan could be very lol.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

spunkshui posted:

Lmao google also makes loving phones. How many people does he think it takes to make a smartphone, and also DESIGN THE OS ALL THE OTHER PHONES USE.

Also they actually make money.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

I'd like to point out the irony that tweets are beginning to not embed lmao

Working hard, thank you!

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

spunkshui posted:

Just wait till people find a bug that needs patching.

Mr Code Freeze's plan could be very lol.

Or a public facing exploit

Cervix-A-Lot
Sep 29, 2006
Cheeeeesy
You guys are kind of funny thinking Twitter is going to crash and stop working forever.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

koshmar posted:

Or a public facing exploit

If Elon doesn't think every black hat in the world is not working on an attack for Twitter right now he is even more of a moron than we all thought possible.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lmao Tesla just passed down 50% share price in 1 year

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Zil posted:

If Elon doesn't think every black hat in the world is not working on an attack for Twitter right now he is even more of a moron than we all thought possible.

Twitter is a house with a weeks worth of newspapers sitting on the front porch right now.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Can’t wait for the new season of Succession, that was a great scene seeing Kieran/Roman sulk like the bitch that he is

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

Ratjaculation posted:

So how many staff ticked 'no' on that Hardcore Twitter form? Enough to close the offices?

There was no "no" only a "yes" option. So now they need to determine who didn't select "yes" so they can cut off their access.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
it's okay guys

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1593472111112134657

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

When they can't post dumb poo poo and get the attention they so dearly crave, think of it as the universe dunking on them

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Who does this dicksucker recruit for

"No actually a smaller organization is better for market valuation and cap because of its lean books and less assets. Please don't make fun of the revolving door"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

Who does this dicksucker recruit for

The dicksucking factory, there's a lot of openings now that everyone left to go hop on the Elon train