Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

Pierson posted:

I think they've said they have plans for subclasses and ongoing support and content drops but for now it's the four basic classes and five maps (with different mission objectives taking you into different areas/paths through the maps)?

Barf. Not having any additional sub classes out the gate is insanely bad imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Capri Sun Two
Jan 22, 2020

Ichabod Tane posted:

Barf. Not having any additional sub classes out the gate is insanely bad imo.

Yeah it really feels like this game could have used one or two more development cycles and maybe was the release was a little rushed. That said, I have a lot of faith in Fatshark to add good content both free and paid. If Vermintide 1 and 2 are any indication of how they'll treat the game post launch I'm pretty confident they'll get it right.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Psykers ability seems pretty lovely, game is fun as hell otherwise.

Not sure why they went down this character customization path, I want space Sienna.

Do you maintain progress from the pre order beta, or are they wiping progress on release?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Wait, there's only 5 maps? That... might get old quickly.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I got a flamer for my zealot and I'm not sure if I like it or not. You move noticeably slower with it equipped, it's slow to equip, hip fire is just a little poot of flame, slow to "aim" which lets you let loose like a fire hose, and doesn't seem to crit or get bonus weak spot damage.

However, it makes crazy short work of hordes.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

Floppychop posted:

I got a flamer for my zealot and I'm not sure if I like it or not. You move noticeably slower with it equipped, it's slow to equip, hip fire is just a little poot of flame, slow to "aim" which lets you let loose like a fire hose, and doesn't seem to crit or get bonus weak spot damage.

However, it makes crazy short work of hordes.

I haven't messed with one but that sounds backwards to me lol. Aim should be the gout of flame and hip fire pisses fires everywhere

Orv
May 4, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

There's at least six at the moment but they rotate slowly over the day for whatever reason, more next week and more the week after that.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Broken Cog posted:

In this pre-release phase, I think the number by Nov 30th will be 12 or 13?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

ZearothK posted:

In this pre-release phase, I think the number by Nov 30th will be 12 or 13?

Once we hit this number it'll feel less samey for sure. Imo they knocked the maps out of the park.

If we are really only getting a single class out of the gate I think I'll put the game down until next week. I don't wanna burn out pointlessly

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I do miss the more personal patter of the Ubersreik 5 but at the end of a big chokepoint an Ogryn asked if the Emperor thought he did a good job and my Vet responded "I'm sure he did big man" and I will now throw myself into waves of Chaos to protect Big Man.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

No subclasses yet is a little silly but I'm both ten thousand percent sure there will be loads down the line and like, it's not like you're going to ace four entirely brand new classes in a week.

Pierson posted:

I do miss the more personal patter of the Ubersreik 5 but at the end of a big chokepoint an Ogryn asked if the Emperor thought he did a good job and my Vet responded "I'm sure he did big man" and I will now throw myself into waves of Chaos to protect Big Man.

Splatoon 3 :respek: Darktide

"I would die for this big dumb character"

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

I had the ogryn say "you just think I'm stupid" and the zealot responded "worry not, for the Emperor made you exactly as you need to be to do his work"

Surprisingly wholesale for someone who's that crazy.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
We're the ubersrseik [IIIII] or [IIII ], it doesn't matter!

Playing ogryn to herd my squishy CoD transplant veterans like precious ducklings

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

5 zones, or themes for the map areas

13 missions on the 30th

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've heard some really funny exchanges between the characters already and a lot of lol lines from the Ogryn I picked. Definitely not too bummed about missing the U5 after playing some rounds. My friend's Psyker sounds like a special rat from Vermintide which is hilarious.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Cadian "Cutthroat" is pretty good but it's the only one I've experienced

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I do not like how everyone calls the psyker a freak with so much venom. Just sits with me wrong. Someone's gonna goonsay about how it's lore accurate but I don't care, I want my team to be supportive of each other and it's a bummer when my character is like "hey you loving piece of poo poo FREAK here's some ammo"

It should be funny but there's something about it I don't like. Everything else is fine

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

The Psyker's head pop ability really does seem bad right now I dunno. It feels like I should honestly have no good reason to like, slow to a crawl and do nothing for like a full two seconds to kill one enemy I could just shoot like twice. Maybe it's better on higher difficulties I dunno

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

I do not like how everyone calls the psyker a freak with so much venom. Just sits with me wrong. Someone's gonna goonsay about how it's lore accurate but I don't care, I want my team to be supportive of each other and it's a bummer when my character is like "hey you loving piece of poo poo FREAK here's some ammo"

It should be funny but there's something about it I don't like. Everything else is fine

I'd like it to be more of an attitude that the U5 had with the elf. Everyone hates her but they have a begrudging respect for her ability to make brains no longer function at long range. Unfortunately the in universe average psycher is one step above a gibbering lunatic, and even then it's not even that step, but if they are going to make him sound like the TF2 medic might as well give everyone else nicer bounce back lines.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

sorry but its going to be a rare day for a psyker to not eat poo poo from everyone around him.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Dang, that assassination mission in the train station is really quite tricky, haven't won that one yet. The plasma pistol of the boss hits like a truck, and there are just enough specials coming in to really ruin your day. A hound or trapper at the wrong time and the whole thing's hosed.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Dang, that assassination mission in the train station is really quite tricky, haven't won that one yet. The plasma pistol of the boss hits like a truck, and there are just enough specials coming in to really ruin your day. A hound or trapper at the wrong time and the whole thing's hosed.

Yeah I got up to the end of that one and everything seemed well in hand, boss was at half health, all of a sudden 3 of us are down and shortly after it's a fail.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Glagha posted:

The Psyker's head pop ability really does seem bad right now I dunno. It feels like I should honestly have no good reason to like, slow to a crawl and do nothing for like a full two seconds to kill one enemy I could just shoot like twice. Maybe it's better on higher difficulties I dunno

At higher difficulties the Specials definitely get much tougher and more dangerous, so being able to pop heads (particularly as it's infinite range, so you can start a fight by taking one out) is very useful.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I haven't played as the Psyker but my friend was and his head popping was extremely helpful. Especially when he would focus on the armored guys that normally take a while to kill. I know I can ignore the blue glowy ones because their heads are about to explode which honestly saves a lot of time during battles.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

explosivo posted:

I haven't played as the Psyker but my friend was and his head popping was extremely helpful. Especially when he would focus on the armored guys that normally take a while to kill. I know I can ignore the blue glowy ones because their heads are about to explode which honestly saves a lot of time during battles.

I wish everyone had that common sense.

"Okay, going to pop this armored guy, charging"

*Veteran magdumps half his ammo into his head when I'm at 80% charge*

"...okay, Mr trash Cultist standing next to him, time to have a bad day"

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Does anybody else feel like the gameplay is a noticeable bit slower than during CBT? I do bit mean performance wise but with regard to animation speeds and being able to quickly get in and out of melee without using dodging.

While that is my impression I cannot rule out misremembering stuff.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Randler posted:

Does anybody else feel like the gameplay is a noticeable bit slower than during CBT? I do bit mean performance wise but with regard to animation speeds and being able to quickly get in and out of melee without using dodging.

While that is my impression I cannot rule out misremembering stuff.

I think a lot of this comes down to the variations in stats of the weapon types you're using. Keep an eye out for ones with better handling and I think they swing/block/recover faster but may do less damage. This was never a thing that you had to worry about in Vermintide because there weren't stat variations within the same weapon type but it seems to have a pretty big effect on that stuff in this game.

I remember thinking this in the last beta but I played a couple hours of VT2 after that and I think it feels mostly the same, just that the early/starter weapons all feel quite sluggish to throw around.

Edit: You can also tell the weapons that have high stamina will lengthen the stamina bar when you equip that weapon, switching back and forth while sprinting will let you see the difference it makes on the stamina bar. I kind of assumed that stat meant it would cost less stamina to use but it looks like it straight up increases the amount of stamina you have.

explosivo fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Nov 18, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Ogryn banter had me laughing frequently last night. My wife is playing the Zealot and their exchanges were great. "Come get ammo, Shouty!"

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

explosivo posted:

In about half the games I played the veterans took the blue glowy halo to mean they should shoot that person specifically. In one group I pointed out that them doing so basically meant I was wasting my time and not being able to help the team (not in a complainy way, just objective) which got me ‘u mad lol’ type replies so when they all went down a couple of hordes later I teabagged two of them before throwing myself off the nearest ledge

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

boredsatellite posted:

sorry but its going to be a rare day for a psyker to not eat poo poo from everyone around him.

Instantly got someone goonsaying the lore accuracy

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
In the previous beta at difficulty 3 enemies bigger than the Scab Gunner started to take multiple headpops so just be glad your friendly veterans are supplying assisting damage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Banano posted:

In about half the games I played the veterans took the blue glowy halo to mean they should shoot that person specifically. In one group I pointed out that them doing so basically meant I was wasting my time and not being able to help the team (not in a complainy way, just objective) which got me ‘u mad lol’ type replies so when they all went down a couple of hordes later I teabagged two of them before throwing myself off the nearest ledge

sounds like u mad lol

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

big cummers ONLY posted:

Instantly got someone goonsaying the lore accuracy

Bro what do you want here

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

I'm also guilty of shooting psyker blue brained guys. I think it's a lifetime of things being highlighted and shooting those things means I'm helping!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

marshmallow creep posted:

I have been trying all afternoon to get past the Backend Error. Anyone have a problem with it and somehow get past it?

I finally had to set up a VPN and connect to Japan, but I was able to get into the game and it played largely fine.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

in the grim darkness of the far future there’s only good vibes and supportive relationships

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Cowcaster posted:

in the grim darkness of the far future there’s only good vibes and supportive relationships

there sure is big man

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Cowcaster posted:

Lol how dare this new game affect my parasocial friendships from vermintide 2 and don't @me and goonsplain

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

on this very page we have an example of a psyker going insane with rage, killing two of his teammates and throwing himself to his death!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

on this very page we have an example of a psyker going insane with rage, killing two of his teammates and throwing himself to his death!

For the Emp-rah!