Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I've looked and there's hundreds of tickets for most of the group games at face value or close to it

https://www.ticombo.com/en/sports-tickets/football-tickets/world-cup-football?p=1
https://www.livefootballtickets.com/world-cup-tickets.html

because last page:

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

There's still time to move it. Could easily stage the knockouts in london

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
What a shitshow lol

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ephex posted:

What a shitshow lol

Like everyone knew it was evil and going to be a bit poo poo but lmao at plunging under those already low expectations

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
still waiting on those artificial clouds

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Budweiser/status/1593555466856054784

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Gone already

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Why bother with bribes when you can just create a 100% official FIFA twitter account and announce Qatar as the winners of every match North Korea style

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Honestly I support a ban on Budweiser.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Budweiser tweeted "Well, this is awkward..." :rubby:

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Best part from the nytimes article

quote:

Beer and other drinks, including an official FIFA Champagne and an array of sommelier-selected wines, will still be available in stadium luxury suites reserved for FIFA officials and other wealthy guests.

:discourse:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rahu posted:

Best part from the nytimes article

:discourse:

Don't forget you can also get BrewDog's Punk IPA, despite BrewDog's very public condemnation of the tournament (and by extension, the whole country)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Still serving in corpo and vip seats because of course they are.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Dudley posted:

They'll probably ban them completely once it's too late for anyone to do anything.

drat I'm good.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Want a bottle of official FIFAtm champagne

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/fifamedia/status/1593563414596657158

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

"They've got us over a barrel lads".

First thing they can paint as a drunk incident at the fanzone and "for public safety" they'll probably ban it there too.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

This is fantastic

lol

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Is it possible to enjoy sports without booze? Yes, there is "banter" but they'll arrest you for that as soon as looking at you.

It's like it's illegal to be English these days.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I barely ever drink at games just cos I don't see the point in queuing for 15 minutes in order to quickly down a tepid pint of Heineken for £6.50, but the last minute prohibition would still massively contribute to the sense of being crushed by the iron fist of authoritarianism.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Their treatment of migrant workers and LGBT+ I can stomach, but this is a step too far.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

reminder that if you flew to Qatar to watch football, you deserve this

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Xabi posted:

Their treatment of migrant workers and LGBT+ I can stomach, but this is a step too far.

It's ok, those also aren't problems if you're rich enough.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Perfect Element posted:

I barely ever drink at games just cos I don't see the point in queuing for 15 minutes in order to quickly down a tepid pint of Heineken for £6.50, but the last minute prohibition would still massively contribute to the sense of being crushed by the iron fist of authoritarianism.

Other countries let you drink in the stands

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
new gangtag just dropped

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Should be flown over every stadium by drones until they're shot down by missiles bought from one or more of the nations playing in the tournament.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

the sex ghost posted:

Piling all my money on a 3-0 qatar win after Ecuador forfeit due to 24 hour food poisoning from a dodgy £9 greek salad

https://vxtwitter.com/mazmirzadeh/status/1593323519185674241

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

vyelkin posted:

new gangtag just dropped

I unironically want one.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

vyelkin posted:

new gangtag just dropped

:nice:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I guess twitter dying works out for them since people's main method of blasting insanity onto the internet will die

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
e: wrong thread

mila kunis fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 18, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

I unironically want one.

If someone can get it down to 180x20-50 and still readable I can get it uploaded and given out as a fun world cup prize

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
attempts

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

ilmucche posted:

I guess twitter dying works out for them since people's main method of blasting insanity onto the internet will die

That's really the part that will suck the most.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Nice work!

It's good because it gives the reader a constant reminder of the state of this world cup and also of your posts

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
So we went from a carbon neutral World Cup with air conditioners floating above the stadium, to negate Qatar’s summer heat, to banning beer two days before festivities. What a great organization FIFA is.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Remember the artificial clouds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

blue footed boobie posted:

Remember the artificial clouds?

• artificial clouds
  • open-air stadium air conditioning
  • carbon-neutral World Cup
  • dismantle the stadiums and ship them to poor countries when the World Cup is over, carbon-neutralishly