Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/Just1SBB4IDie/status/1593435439108694017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh my god

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Hell yeah, implied oral consent

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
If Twitter goes down I just want to say

hell yeah

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
GDT's will be bumpin again!!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

:eyepop:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Twin Cinema posted:

Not that it matters, but I thought the first-place votes would be closer for Judge/Ohtani.

I told you all two months ago, it wasn't going to be close. This was as much of a slam dunk for Judge as it was for Ohtani last year.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Super Jay Mann posted:

I told you all two months ago

Is there some sort of valuable prize associated with this?

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Is there some sort of valuable prize associated with this?
Yup, and it's about as valuable as the hardware given out last night after the BBWA irrevocably tarnished the awards by making the wrong decision in both leagues :colbert:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The real MVP crime is Altuve getting 5th instead of 4th (and maybe 3rd since he is an IF and Yordan is mostly a DH)

Jose Ramirez is my new MLB nemesis #1

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Good Dog posted:

I still don't like the city connect jerseys either. They look like knockoffs you'd buy at a big 5 or target on the way to the game.

Remember how high we felt coming off that Detmers shutout where the Angels teed off all night and Rendon went lefty and the Angels were like 20-10 to start the year? Then we lost 15 in a row or whatever. I think I watched every game up till that point and didn't watch another game after the losing streak.

The Angels city connect unis are great. They have a lot more personality than their regular ones. I generally agree with you on red, though. As a Nats fan, something a little softer than 255 0 0 would be nice.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

https://twitter.com/Rangers/status/1593294829529616385

MLB quickly forgot about Texas passing a similarly restrictive voting law that got the ASG taken away from Georgia.

Wrigley snubbed yet again. They haven't hosted since 1990.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Wrigley snubbed yet again. They haven't hosted since 1990.

That's because it's a terrible stadium that should be torn down and replaced

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

camoseven posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't been there in at least 10 years

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Field of Theseus

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
If you replace the pyramid of piss cups one by one with a different pyramid of piss cups is it still the same pyramid of piss cups?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Jays had better get 2025

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

camoseven posted:

also it would mean handing over millions to the Ricketts and fuuuuuuuck that

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Julio Cruz posted:

also it would mean handing over millions to the Ricketts and fuuuuuuuck that

Because Ray Davis is so much better

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Ok just so we can settle this once and for all: who is the most moral baseball owner, and then only fans of that team can use "your owner is evil" as a thing going forward

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the only moral baseball team owners are people who play ootp

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

zoux posted:

Ok just so we can settle this once and for all: who is the most moral baseball owner, and then only fans of that team can use "your owner is evil" as a thing going forward

Hal Steinbrenner was given an evil empire and has made it his life mission to destroy it and dismantle it so thoroughly it will never rise again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That's true. St. Hal of the Bronks.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Spoken like someone who hasn't been there in at least 10 years

I went last season and they have turned it into a bar that happens to have live baseball from time to time.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
First time at a baseball game I see.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I went to Wrigley in 2018 and while the field is beautiful, everything behind / under the bleachers still feels old and dingy. That's probably just because I've been spoiled by T-Mobile Park. That said, getting in and out of Wrigley is excellent given the transit options.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
at the Oakland Coliseum you can get that dingy and old experience to INCLUDE the field

I hate John Fisher so much

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Wrigley was better before the video boards

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

The Jays had better get 2025

They only give it to nice new stadiums.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I had a great time at Wrigley, I just wish they would make it so the bleachers aren't a whole separate thing, I would totally go hang out there for an inning if I could then go back to my seats.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

seiferguy posted:

I went to Wrigley in 2018 and while the field is beautiful, everything behind / under the bleachers still feels old and dingy. That's probably just because I've been spoiled by T-Mobile Park. That said, getting in and out of Wrigley is excellent given the transit options.

This is a positive tbh. You are there to watch a baseball game.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Inspector_666 posted:

I had a great time at Wrigley, I just wish they would make it so the bleachers aren't a whole separate thing, I would totally go hang out there for an inning if I could then go back to my seats.

You can do the other way -- if you have a bleacher ticket you can get into the grandstand and go back. It's a little weird, but the bleachers are more of a destination at Wrigley than they are other places, and they're usually sold out. There's not really standing room in the bleachers except the concourse behind them, so if you let anyone wander back there it would become a mess real quick.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

mcmagic posted:

They only give it to nice new stadiums.

They're renovating basically the entirety of it! So it'll be semi new and sorta nice!!!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

more falafel please posted:

You can do the other way -- if you have a bleacher ticket you can get into the grandstand and go back. It's a little weird, but the bleachers are more of a destination at Wrigley than they are other places, and they're usually sold out. There's not really standing room in the bleachers except the concourse behind them, so if you let anyone wander back there it would become a mess real quick.

Ah, I guess that makes sense. I'll have to just sit out there next time.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Speaking of evil empires, I have no idea what the Yankees would be looking for in a hypothetical Torres trade.

Would they be looking primarily for upside or proximity to the bigs? starters, relievers, positional guys?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

mcmagic posted:

Seriously. Old ballparks are the best. Enjoy them while they're here.

more falafel please posted:

Wrigley was better before the video boards

:hmmyes:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

mcmagic posted:

yup! Things that matter:

-is the stadium physically safe? Are pieces of it likely to fall off and injur/kill people? Is it in danger of collapse?
-are there lots of seats with good sightlines of the game, or did they take up valuable seating real estate with expensive luxury boxes and weird "quirks?"
-are there sufficient facilities to handle the crowds? (i.e. pisser capacity, this is why The Troughs Were Good)
-similarly, is there enough beer and food vending capacity?
-can you get in and out of the stadium easily & safely via transit?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I only go to ballparks for one reason and that's to boo the opposing pitcher when he attempts a pickoff move on the runner at first. Despicable and bush league.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

New Twins uniforms revealed.

https://twitter.com/Twins/status/1593661585586896896?t=yKjDmk_IDv0JM7HV42Ilpg&s=19

:effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Why does it look like the Marlins M

Kirios fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 18, 2022