Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

explosivo posted:

Huh? Have you tried the rippergun? I can shred groups at range pretty effectively before they close in. I guess I'm still playing on the easy difficulty so it's probably not extremely effective on the harder ones but Ogryn isn't going to be headshotting enemies from far away.

yeah the Ogryn is never going to handle long range threats, that's for Veteran and Psyker

a lot of people are down on current Psyker but I'm having a good time, just have to be judicious about when to headpop and I guess once you are max level you get the feat that increases headpop speed for a while on using F so then it might be more useful. I still headpop random mobs just for the damage buff from the warp charge basically. Being able to do it a bunch of times all the time like some videos I saw from the closed beta was just way too strong. The toughness restoration over time feat is also pretty good if you can squeeze one in in a pinch.

I'm quite surprised how well my dodge-block-strike muscle memory from VT2 is coming back fast and so I usually need far less healing than most of the pubs I play with :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I made my ogryn John Fetterman

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I was having a lot of disconnects and instances where it would just close the game instantly (a crash i guess)
Heard that using a vpn could help so imma try that and see if it works

Orv
May 4, 2011

Hihohe posted:

I was having a lot of disconnects and instances where it would just close the game instantly (a crash i guess)
Heard that using a vpn could help so imma try that and see if it works

For me turning off DLSS and G-Sync entirely solved my extremely regular crashing. Worth a shot at least:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Orv posted:

For me turning off DLSS and G-Sync entirely solved my extremely regular crashing. Worth a shot at least:

I feel i turned of dlss but not Gsync so ill do that too

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
There is an update out, anyone find patch notes?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

They're doing twitch drops for Darktide, right now it looks like it's just a lasgun skin. Use the Twitch drops miner to get em idling without having to ever watch a stream! (but you do still obv need a twitch account and to link it and poo poo)

pizzabutt
Jul 19, 2022

Sharkopath posted:

I like zimbabwean union agitator psyker more.

Man of the people.

Which voice is that one? I went for the female Savant voice cause I love her accent but it turns out she's just a cop :/ I feel like the other two are more interesting

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Orv posted:

Going to try this next to fix my reboots - lowering my clock speed and not playing in ultra-wide didn't help. What lovely fix if it actually works though.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Flamer is situational but man it feels great when you line up that situation

Also did everyone else just get kicked out?

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
yeah everyone crashed looks like, everyone I know playing this game is getting backend errors logging in too

server's dying, cloud!

e: and we were doing so well too!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Good Citizen posted:

Flamer is situational but man it feels great when you line up that situation

Also did everyone else just get kicked out?

According to the very chaotic discord the servers went down after the patch.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

There's an update and I think it's forcing people out to download it. It's pretty small, 200mb.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Using the smaller catachan knife is pretty fun, you lose some easier horde clearing but the alt attack is a near instant no startup bop in the nose of anything you're fighting that seems to stun and interrupt attacks and can also kill if you headshot it.

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

I played two rounds last night and had zero stability or fps issues on a 1060 at 1080p. That said, I think it's mostly luck since one of the games saw me as the only constant party member, as probably a half dozen other players joined and crashed out by the time I finished the level

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
patch notes anywhere?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

Using the smaller catachan knife is pretty fun, you lose some easier horde clearing but the alt attack is a near instant no startup bop in the nose of anything you're fighting that seems to stun and interrupt attacks and can also kill if you headshot it.

If you special with the catachan knife and then light attack you do a much, much faster heavy stab that will one shot all trash and do a ton of armor pierce to most stuff, as far as I can tell.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

It's awesome how they do the thing in this game that they did in VT1/2 and Turtle Rock forgot to do with Back 4 Blood which is the great sound cues for specials that alert those who are paying attention. I like that the flamer sounds like a gas range starting up. Does the trapper make a sound? I swear that fucker just shows up.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I've played for 2 hours now and I haven't gotten a wizard staff.

I want a wizard staff. Pls shop man

Orv
May 4, 2011

explosivo posted:

It's awesome how they do the thing in this game that they did in VT1/2 and Turtle Rock forgot to do with Back 4 Blood which is the great sound cues for specials that alert those who are paying attention. I like that the flamer sounds like a gas range starting up. Does the trapper make a sound? I swear that fucker just shows up.

They laugh maniacally and do a little bsshkzzz shock sound.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Orv posted:

They laugh maniacally and do a little bsshkzzz shock sound.

Hmm I will have to listen harder. There's usually a lot of maniacal laughter going on :v:

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

explosivo posted:

Trapper is a lot of maniacal cackling, I think.

I enjoy the less vocal, more uniquely distinct sounds for some of the specials spawning. The click-click-click-FWOOSH of flamers and PING of a pin being pulled for the bomber are both great and easy to pick out of the noise.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I made my ogryn John Fetterman

:hmmyes:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

there better be some loving olive green cargo shorts for the ogryn or i'm loving boycotting

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

explosivo posted:

Hmm I will have to listen harder. There's usually a lot of maniacal laughter going on :v:

It's not the most distinctive which can be an issue considering how dangerous the special is. Contrasted with the hound where its literally impossible to miss the sound cue lol

Bussamove posted:

Trapper is a lot of maniacal cackling, I think.

I enjoy the less vocal, more uniquely distinct sounds for some of the specials spawning. The click-click-click-FWOOSH of flamers and PING of a pin being pulled for the bomber are both great and easy to pick out of the noise.

Agreed. Its why I loved the globadier special sound in vermintide as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKlETEUsjtw&t=25s listen to this beauty

boredsatellite fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 18, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011
Notes.

HOTFIX RELEASED TODAY, NOVEMBER 18TH:
Fixed various crashes.
Fixed a bunch of graphics settings not applying properly.
Fixed some issues when trying to navigate the Social menu and Penances section using a controller / gamepad.
Fixed an issue where grenades are refilled if leaving and reconnecting to the mission. Number of grenades are now inherited from either replaced bot or previous self.
Fixed an issue where spamming buttons in the Operative Selection menu would cause the Start and Create Operative buttons to disappear.
Fixed an issue where unavailable settings were not greyed out.
Fixed and polished some issues with various cosmetic items.
Fixed an issue where inventory items could appear at low fidelity.
Fixed an issue where firearm sights could load lower fidelity models, rendering them difficult to use.
Fixed an issue where the Barber-Chirurgeon spoke in unlocalised text in the Mourningstar.
Fixed a wield-switch speed bug, adding movement curve on wield to average out move speeds.

Psyker Changes & Fixes
Fixed critical threshold to line up with interfacing for "past point of no return".
Fixed critical threshold using the correct 97% value.
Fixed Passive venting and Active venting using the wrong values.
Active venting duration: 6s, modded properly by force staff vent stat (scales between 6s and 3s vent time based on stat roll).
Auto vent delay set to 3s before kicking in.

From the Combat Team:
You should be able to cast 3 head-pops without exploding, landing at 100% peril. There is a 3s delay to auto-quell below the critical 97% threshold for repeat cast. There is also a 10% change built into class to quell 10% peril on kill, allowing for additional casts. Faster active quelling, in general, with extra speed on staves, allow for more player control of peril levels.

So while we have nerfed the number of head pops players can cast without too much peril, we've also tuned up other sources of damage (specifically agony stacks) and staff-manual-vent/quell loop for more varied gameplay. Full head pop builds with vent-rolled staves are still viable, but the old "multiple head-pop > ult > back to head pop" loop is gone.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

^^^^ from here ^^^^
https://steamcommunity.com/games/1361210/announcements/detail/3467237196849592011

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

lmao i wonder if that one line about "fixing passive venting and active venting using the wrong values" meant that they straight up reversed them, although i guess they would've mentioned it in the further details

Orv
May 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

lmao i wonder if that one line about "fixing passive venting and active venting using the wrong values" meant that they straight up reversed them, although i guess they would've mentioned it in the further details

Passive venting was faster than active yesterday so I assume/hope so.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Yeah I gotta say psyker just kinda doesn't feel all that good right now. They nerfed the poo poo out of the headpop to the point where it barely feels more useful than a veteran, the passive ability is a huge annoying waste of time, and for some reason decided that the already situational force sword should also be nerfed as well for some reason. I'll stick with it a while longer to see if the staves are any good, but so far it's not looking great.

e: this was before the hotfix, here's hoping that helps some

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Cousin Okri would make a good name for a Ogyn.

Post-character creation, is there anyway to remake a character's appearance/voice or do you have to start over from scratch?

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 18, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Post-character creation, is there anyway to remake a character's appearance/voice or do you have to start over from scratch?

There'll be a "Barber-Chirugeon" so I assume you can fully remake them once that's in. When it's in? :shrug:

Estel
May 4, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Not right now but there will be. There is a station in the hub to modify your character but it's not active at the moment.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

As good as the sound is I think they need clearer visual cues pointing you towards teammates in peril. It's really hard to tell sometimes when a teammate is trapped or is pinned/fell off a ledge. Maybe it's there already and I'm just not seeing it but I feel like when someone got hooked by a hook rat it had UI elements pointing you in that direction if you aren't looking towards them.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just saw this, bar graphs!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

explosivo posted:

They're doing twitch drops for Darktide, right now it looks like it's just a lasgun skin. Use the Twitch drops miner to get em idling without having to ever watch a stream! (but you do still obv need a twitch account and to link it and poo poo)

Note that this auto drop miner thing is currently not working and the dev is working on a fix due to some security change twitch made.

Tibbeh
Apr 5, 2010
Just used the Ogryn grenade gauntlets for the first time and they're amazing.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Fun fact: when your UI doesn't communicate anything that makes it really hard to catch mistakes.

GeorgieMordor
Jan 23, 2015

Pharmaskittle posted:

I played two rounds last night and had zero stability or fps issues on a 1060 at 1080p. That said, I think it's mostly luck since one of the games saw me as the only constant party member, as probably a half dozen other players joined and crashed out by the time I finished the level

Frustrating, because I'm getting nothing like this. I'm hovering at an unreliable high 40s FPS-wise with a 2080 at 1080p.

My CPU isn't capping out so it seems like it's got to be an optimization issue for now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jerkface posted:

Note that this auto drop miner thing is currently not working and the dev is working on a fix due to some security change twitch made.

Worked fine for me :shrug: