Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

So what you're saying is coxswains have powerful bottom energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That was an excellent snipe and gently caress you if you disagree

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Shame Boy posted:

That was an excellent snipe and gently caress you if you disagree

I disagree, let the loving begin.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

i did coxswain duty in college and it was exactly because I weighed 100 pounds and would show up.

eventually I nailed a speed buoy and was asked to quit.

How much do you weigh now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Failed Imagineer posted:

How much do you weigh now

152 lbs or so. just took a dump (on company time) so maybe less.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Mmm nice

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

RandomBlue posted:

I disagree, let the loving begin.

:argh:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Wrt owning your own shell, look at the price of Hudson Singles, it’s obscene.

The high schools who have programs are generally nicer ones, but more than anything parents would make the difference. Practices are at 5am and 6pm 6 nights a week, which means getting a ride from parents, all competition involves travel, particularly to Victoria, Boston and St Catherines. Fees aren’t bad, $3-4k a season, equipment costs are low.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

The high schools who have programs are generally nicer ones, but more than anything parents would make the difference. Practices are at 5am and 6pm 6 nights a week, which means getting a ride from parents, all competition involves travel, particularly to Victoria, Boston and St Catherines. Fees aren’t bad, $3-4k a season, equipment costs are low.

If nature wanted me to own a shell I'd be a turtle :colbert:

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Frosted Flake posted:

. Fees aren’t bad, $3-4k a season

lol

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Frosted Flake posted:

Fees aren’t bad, $3-4k a season

Lol

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

if we call all expensive sports and after school activities who is going to run the bingo halls?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

That's like several times what robotics club costs to join and we built a loving robot every year

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Frosted Flake posted:

Fees aren’t bad, $3-4k a season, equipment costs are low.

aw yeah, there it is

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
fwiw, crew was a club sport at my college that I paid $0 to do. i was broke as gently caress in college lol I wasn't paying $4k to wake up at 4:30am.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

The poo poo? I started rowing during Covid and contributions for the local club are like 150 euros a year.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

rich kid weirdos who get super concerned about high schools are a special kind of pathetic

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Shame Boy posted:

That's like several times what robotics club costs to join and we built a loving robot every year

did you guys do robocup?

that ruled

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Professor Shark posted:

rich kid weirdos who get super concerned about high schools are a special kind of pathetic

the question you used to get asked (pre covid anyway) in st louis whenever you met someone new was invariably "Where did you go to high school?" because for st louis people the answer contains literally everything you need to know about socioeconomic background and personality apparently

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Doc Hawkins posted:

had you heard of this place before? who told you, and how did it come up?

no but it's funnier if you were trolling

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

“never heard of it” is the best troll for people bragging about elite institutions. bonus points for following up with knowing about a more obscure rival

e.g. “MIT? oh, you mean like caltech?”

this

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
What.

What in the gently caress is going on in this thread right now?

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan
It’s funny how work has been going since The Great Resignation stopped being reported on. It didn’t stop happening, it just stopped getting coverage. My company still can’t hire anyone to do anything and everyone still there is skating by on bare minimum effort. I’ve been trying to slot more and more into that mode, but I’ve got a “Protestant work ethic” thing that is very hard for me to kill. I do take 90 minute lunches most day though.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Orange Devil posted:

The poo poo? I started rowing during Covid and contributions for the local club are like 150 euros a year.

Entering Henley and Boston, plus Victoria for nationals or whatever. The entrance fees for those are rolled in, and so is all of the club and varsity gear like the jacket, bags, visor, whatever.

Compare that to the cost of hockey equipment, tournament fees and whatever else at the AAA level.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Line Feed posted:

what kind of bougie rear end high school has a fencing team

The kind a future oligarch goes to.

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Patience may be a virtue, but seriously hurry the gently caress up and disclose already.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Lordshmee posted:

It’s funny how work has been going since The Great Resignation stopped being reported on. It didn’t stop happening, it just stopped getting coverage. My company still can’t hire anyone to do anything and everyone still there is skating by on bare minimum effort. I’ve been trying to slot more and more into that mode, but I’ve got a “Protestant work ethic” thing that is very hard for me to kill. I do take 90 minute lunches most day though.

the best part about my job is that literally the entire department is putting in minimum effort while constantly talking about how much work gets done and I'm pretty sure this is true for the rest of the org. my work over time is a -1 slope

the COO tried to float the idea of mandatory cameras on during meetings and got shot down hard it rules

Lordshmee posted:

What.

What in the gently caress is going on in this thread right now?

We're nervous around non-Bernies, Dan

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Good news for portland renters

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ekuNNN posted:

Good news for portland renters

lol

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
wut rings did he got bithc

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Palladium posted:

wut rings did he got bithc

considering hes a weeb:

probably dark wood grain ring in at least one of the slots

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Enchanted with Dorito dust

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.intheknow.com/post/mailman-shares-6-figure-paycheck/?amp

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Zesty posted:

Enchanted with Dorito dust

Please don't slander this working class hero, this honda accord of men

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

Entering Henley and Boston, plus Victoria for nationals or whatever. The entrance fees for those are rolled in, and so is all of the club and varsity gear like the jacket, bags, visor, whatever.

Compare that to the cost of hockey equipment, tournament fees and whatever else at the AAA level.

This all sounds extremely dumb tbh

Nieuw Amsterdam
Dec 1, 2006

Dignité. Toujours, dignité.

Shame Boy posted:

Yep! Seeing its arbitrary, cruel and stupid nature laid bare by having to deal with it intimately like this at least means that basically everyone on my team agrees it's a stupid fuckin' program and it would be much better to just give people money directly. Even the dude that leans right agrees on that, though with the added caveat of "it should be much harder to get in the first place" because lol.

Look, it’s very simple.

Buying a cold sandwich is simple assembly of ingredients, to be heated/cooked in your kitchen, and thus is wholesome cooking at home, which is domestic and healthy. Nothing wrong happening here! Just some basic nutrition assistance to a deserving needy citizen. We can front you some ham and a little cheese and bread.

If the store cooks the sandwich for you, which includes toasting the bread, that is EATING AT A RESTAURANT ON THE TAXPAYERS DIME and is a heinous crime and the province of rootless cosmopolitans!! We aren’t paying for your meals out, you fucker. Get a job if you want takeout!

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
In Oregon, at the start of the pandemic when we kind of sort of pretended like lockdown was going to be a thing, they suspended the "no hot food" restriction on EBT. There were absolutely no negative effects. No one complained about the change.

It was reverted after like 4 months because

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Yeah I was the Yale crew teams boat, ridden by groups of young ivy league sailors on those cold new England mornings by the bay

how do you do Mr Buckley

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
well the top half is drat right