Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Haven't made it past the first route but goddamn this game looks really good. There is a bit of stuttering on my copy but I'm playing docked so its not too bad. Hoping they get a patch out soon to fix the memory leak issue or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh Set Battles are gone for some reason, that is annoying.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Its kinda racist for gamefreak to make all the students in spain look like they're 35. Not cool bro, I get there's no work or jobs but that's a low blow

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Flopsy posted:

You need to put your fidough in an oven.

I hate that I can't tell if this is a joke or not

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
So is the jank fixable? Like can this be patched or is it just broken beyond all measure?

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Fidough evolves using a fire stone

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

So is the jank fixable? Like can this be patched or is it just broken beyond all measure?

Irrelevant either way, they would never patch it

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I would just like to acknowledge that after reading this thread all day, my copy of Violet showed up, I popped it in, and my camera glitched out the instant I stood up from my chair in my bedroom (literally the first player interaction of the game). Pokémon is my favorite franchise.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Seeing as the issue is memory leak if they identify the source it's patchable.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Irrelevant either way, they would never patch it

Insane take that you keep repeating for some reason. There have been patches for Pokemon games as far back as the berry glitch on the GBA

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Went to a GameStop after work and picked up the last copy of Violet with the line still out the door. This poo poo is going to have insane sales lol

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I do appreciate that my mom in this game is a MILF, and that by immediately offering my school's headmaster a 'cuppa', we've established that I'm Brit expat trash living in Spain ruining everyone else's lives. It's the little attention to detail that matters.

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
So what did y'all name your bread dogs? :kimchi:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I found a male Ralts literally running towards me so I guess I have to use Gallade given how hard it was to do this in the past lol

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Pokemon Megathread: I'm Brit expat trash living in Spain ruining everyone else's lives.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Canelé :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

does the battle music change from section to section? That loving slaps if it does

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Isabread

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Flopsy posted:

Seeing as the issue is memory leak if they identify the source it's patchable.
That's certainly not the only thing making the performance bad. It's frequently bad right after starting up the game.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Love my floating bread dog

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Really looking forward to being done with my adult responsibilities for the day so I can go home and start an adventure with my new BFF weed cat.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Carlosologist posted:

I found a male Ralts literally running towards me so I guess I have to use Gallade given how hard it was to do this in the past lol

Gallade went through a whole shonen training arc of buffs, he’s looking really fun to use this gen

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

IronicDongz posted:

That's certainly not the only thing making the performance bad. It's frequently bad right after starting up the game.

From what I heard that's the main issue going in but I'm hoping they wouldn't half rear end the second patch considering how poo poo this all is.

Kaliedoscope
Dec 8, 2013

Carlosologist posted:

does the battle music change from section to section? That loving slaps if it does

If I recall, the whole game has a dynamic track that changes from section to section, including the battle music. Don't quote me on this, though.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

It's fun imagining what mons will become meta if they get the right tera type.

Imagining predicting an electric switch in on a Gyarados and suddenly turning into Ground and unleashing the most horrifying Earthquake known to man.

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Just found and caught my first wild shiny!

It was for a shiny Pokemon I had already bread in SwSh: Skwovet.

Arceus had the best implementation of over world shinies and I can't believe they ditched it. I can kinda understand taking away the sound effect, but even LGPE gave them a little sparkle as they walked around. They spawn more often, sure, but are also easier to miss.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

There was a shiny in my game but I was hosting multiplayer and my friend stole it from me last second.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

HD DAD posted:

Love my floating bread dog

I know the recipe asked to let it rise, but this is ridiculous!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I named my grass cat Puss’nShoots to avoid making an obvious weed joke.

BAD ASS minion memes!
Apr 12, 2014

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Bagel

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
My Fuecoco is named Steve in honor of the realest one.

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

Running around the olive fields by the Bug gym grabbing shiny item spots, and I somehow pick up an Adamant Mint :dogstare:. Time to feed it to my new best friend Lokix!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I have arrived home with a new Pokemon game. I have paid next to zero attention to new mons and features so I hope to get a fun surprise.

I know deep down my favourites wont be in this one, but maybe some day Beedrill, Cacturne and Exploud will all be able to hang out in 3D together.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

all jank is fixable, whether they fix it or not is a different matter altogether

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Wile E. Toyota posted:

Bunty.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mr E posted:

Why did they give it wheels when it doesn't actually use them....

Because it's the ancient variant of the bike dragon. It's meant to be evocative of what is to come but it less advanced so it instead runs around on its feet.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Is there a guide for which materials are required for which TMs? I don't want to interact with wild Pokemon unless I absolutely have to

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

So that escape from the tyranny of the expected path I found seems to let you wander into area six where you can find level 40 something dudes. Anyways I managed to catch a gabite and slapped some rare candies on it because showing up to the first day of class with a garchomp was funny to me.

Also, my Sombrero crocodile knows overheat.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Feeling pretty comfortable about my decision to sit on my Scarlet game for a bit. Aux is setting me up with a weed kitty tomorrow but I'd like to wait bit until I can trade for a set of malicious armor as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
https://twitter.com/SpookyScarf/status/1593653223256166404