Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Elizabeth Holmes just got 11.25 years in prison followed by three years probation for Theranos fraud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Mr. Nice! posted:

Elizabeth Holmes just got 11.25 years in prison followed by three years probation for Theranos fraud.

gently caress yeah

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Maybe after she's done in prison she can audition to replace Peter Steel in Type O Negative.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Now do Kissinger.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Mr. Nice! posted:

She committed the only crime outlawed for rich people. Stealing from other rich people.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Mr. Nice! posted:

Orange is the New Blood

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A.o.D. posted:

Maybe after she's done in prison she can audition to replace Peter Steel in Type O Negative.

I make a call
So far to fall
Restless craving
Inundating

Small finger prick
A simple trick
Once it's tested
thus infected

I've lost myself again
I've lost myself again
It's a nightmare
But it's clear
It will end but when?

The break of day
I rot away
With every breath
I pray for death

Let me say
Greatest Generation
Board seats for
Just a modest donation
Watch your money
flow away so quick
To kill yourself properly
Liz is it

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Sacrist65 posted:

She committed the only crime outlawed for rich people. Stealing from other rich people.

Was gonna say this

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I thought it was ok for the rich to steal from the rich, but if a poor has the temerity to do it....

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Yeah but now youve got like 4 feet of snoe on the ground in ny before thanksgiving and no football which is even better

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

psydude posted:

This is an excellent post.

Homeschooled West Pointer is more accurate. Doing ROTC at least puts you in a college experience, which might expose you to the real world. Being a ring knocker requires a lot of introspection to not be awful.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Homeschooled West Pointer is more accurate. Doing ROTC at least puts you in a college experience, which might expose you to the real world. Being a ring knocker requires a lot of introspection to not be awful.

The single worst LT I ever served with was- on paper- and incredible officer. Spoke 7 languages at fluent; 2 more he was proficient in, and was teaching himself Tagalog. Incredible athlete. Smart, West Point Grad.
Just inept, no aggression, no backbone against the system. He was peddled around the BN like a cheap clapped whore until he failed enough check boxes to get moved.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

bulletsponge13 posted:

The single worst LT I ever served with was- on paper- and incredible officer. Spoke 7 languages at fluent; 2 more he was proficient in, and was teaching himself Tagalog. Incredible athlete. Smart, West Point Grad.
Just inept, no aggression, no backbone against the system. He was peddled around the BN like a cheap clapped whore until he failed enough check boxes to get moved.

sounds like he should have either been an academic or moved to a SCIF and never again see the light of day.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
My husbands boss gave us a bunch of venison, what's good to make with it. Also have some ground venison too.

Epiphyte
Apr 7, 2006

Pine Cone Jones posted:

My husbands boss gave us a bunch of venison, what's good to make with it. Also have some ground venison too.
Grind some bacon into it and you've got some drat fine burgers

If it's backstrap, cook it fast and hot and the serve with some cranberries and other tangy fruit chutney

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
Ground venison makes great chili. For steaks use a thermometer and cook to 140 in butter with salt and pepper.

I grew up eating a lot of venison and have found that the people who eat it all the time are generally terrible at cooking it, so stay away from hunter recipes.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Apparently it's all ground, but I'll definitely try chili this weekend.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Burgers and steaks are good, tacos, burritos, meatballs or in the sauce for sphaghetti, use it in stirfry. It's pretty solid as just a beef substitute in any recipe in my experience.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Pine Cone Jones posted:

treat it like super lean beef and enjoy

I've had good times using the ground stuff in pasta and jägersoße

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Do the bacon thing. Venison is pretty drat lean.

If you're going to grill them, put them on foil.

I kinda want to toss some ground venison and minced bacon in an egg wash and panko battering, see how they turn out in a fryer.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I endorse venison meatballs

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

Meatballs or making a meat sauce sounds good

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985?s=20&t=P5_4-ikesOM6t8vbz4Fl4g

Pretty sure that plus the world cup are what will bring twitter down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
get you a man that loves you as much as bolsonaro loves diseases

https://twitter.com/Moderateleft/status/1593774835200626690

Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Putting it up as a poll on a website he complained about bots and spam on is so extremely on-brand for him.

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

fknlo posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593767953706921985?s=20&t=P5_4-ikesOM6t8vbz4Fl4g

Pretty sure that plus the world cup are what will bring twitter down.

I assume this is a parody or photoshop right?

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
I’m assuming he’s talked to trump about this because lol if not. Trump called elmo a punk and truth social would probably benefit massively if Twitter failed

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

I'm fairly certain Bolsonaro would be dead several times over if he didn't have access to the kind of healthcare you get when you're the president of a country. His insides are all hosed up after getting stabbed in the stomach back in 2018 and I want to say that he's had covid like half a dozen times by now.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

November Current Events: Cannot wear pants

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

My Spirit Otter posted:

I thought it was ok for the rich to steal from the rich, but if a poor has the temerity to do it....

Theft above ones station is verbotten.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Update on FTX

still hilarious

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

She conned a major pharmacy chain into buying a defective product that could have had major ramifications for patients' health, which is a good deal more serious than standard fraud.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Churchill posted:

Every arena I've ever been to in Europe (were in fact loads of them sell alcohol) serve beer in plastic cups.

Yeah, that was the point that escaped from my post, every sport avenue that bans alcohol usually does it because they don't have onsite taps or drinks in plastic bottles. Italy banned glass and aluminium cans in stadiums in 2017 but plastic is allowed.

SlowBloke fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Nov 19, 2022

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Do the bacon thing. Venison is pretty drat lean.

If you're going to grill them, put them on foil.

I kinda want to toss some ground venison and minced bacon in an egg wash and panko battering, see how they turn out in a fryer.

I just thought about an 80/20 Beef/Venison/Pork mix and....I think I need a moment

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

psydude posted:

She conned a major pharmacy chain into buying a defective product that could have had major ramifications for patients' health, which is a good deal more serious than standard fraud.

Holmes was found guilty of defrauding investors, not patients.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Holmes was found guilty of defrauding investors, not patients.

Yes, but I don't feel bad for her getting 11 years. I work in the start-up space, and it's riddled with charlatans like her and SBF that are finally facing at least some accountability.

psydude fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 19, 2022

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

psydude posted:

The HBO documentary about that was excellent at helping me understand exactly what the testing machine was supposed to do and why it didn’t work. The CGI animations of the glass test vials shattering made me think it was what if Krusty tried to make a blood testing machine.

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

https://abcaudio.com/podcasts/the-dropout/

This is a good set of podcasts about Holmes and Theranos.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Orchard Park, NY (where the Bills' stadium is) has received 77 inches of snow.

https://nwschat.weather.gov/p.php?pid=202211191624-KBUF-NOUS41-PNSBUF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
DoE approved my application and I'll get it whenever the lawsuits end. They need to continue pushing the payments as long as they can.