Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

fuctifino posted:

Screenshotted the current status of the poll

Let's hope twitter dies in the next 24 hours then

Good to know he fixed all the bots. Otherwise this poll would be entirely pointless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Didn’t Trump say he won’t come back because he’s already running a competitor? (lol, he’ll be unable to resist)

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Even from working lovely retail jobs, I learned that someone coming in as an outside hire to a manager or even supervisor position is usually going to be a disaster. Usually, the problem was arrogance and entitlement that they want to mold things to their ideal while making zero effort to learn the company culture, procedures, or internal politics.

This is on a far grander scale but that seems to actually intensify the effect. Elon bought the whole company for 44 billion and made seemingly no effort to learn how or why anything works. Truly intelligent people ask a lot of questions, listen, and have the ability to filter that information. Giving your employees ultimatums, publicly poo poo posting, making GBS threads on your employees, and demanding that they justify their jobs based on arbitrary metrics is a great way to tank the company fast and I'm actually impressed at how fast he's been able to do that.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Armitage_Shanks posted:

The poll was marked as deleted the first time I went to look and then it was back when I saw the embed here. poo poo is spiralling.

Yeah I keep getting tweets that become replaced with "this tweet is unavailable" messages that force the to reload the tweet to continue reading.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I cannot imagine republicans really want trump to be more in the limelight at the moment. I'm sure they will love this.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
God he's insufferable

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

War Wizard posted:

Good to know he fixed all the bots. Otherwise this poll would be entirely pointless.

Conveniently, if the poll lands on a No, he'll use that as an excuse to retabulate the results, counting only the :airquote:verified:airquote: votes.

jeffreyw
Jan 20, 2013
Yeah I’m actually surprised newly converted Republican Elon Musk hasn’t gotten marching orders from Republican senators to keep Trump locked up.

Doubly so if Twitter dies after Trump is reinstated because you know he’ll poo poo all over Elon till the end of time.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why is he so hung up on reinstating Trump? Because his broke brain thinks it's funny? Because the chuds that lick his boots want him to? Because he wants no advertisers left at all on Twitter?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

TulliusCicero posted:

Why is he so hung up on reinstating Trump? Because his broke brain thinks it's funny? Because the chuds that lick his boots want him to? Because he wants no advertisers left at all on Twitter?

Stable genius loves stable genius

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Because it's what his legion of stans want.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

He's a moron.

It would be funny, though, if Tomp says no, gets back on Twitter and immediately starts making fun of Elon, or he gets back on and the site dies shortly afterward.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

Because he knows if anything will make people support him it is giving Daddy Trump a blowjob.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Trump is going to poo poo on Elon and Twitter.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ardemia posted:

25% API failure rate from a company that size is a BFD for sure. I wrote a middleware solution in python on our Django server my first year as a dev (was for a contest sign up and literally the second time I ever touched python in a prod env) and while it worked it didn't have timing and batching to the database done as well as it could have. I had a 10% failure rate for contest submissions that I updated immediately based on failure notices from the sentry integration. To me, as a junior, green AF dev, 10% failure was unacceptable and I wanted to do better. Fixed the issue next day and verified the 10% in question were processed. I think our current threshold for these failures is either 0.75% or 0.5% and trust me we are way smaller and jankier than Twitter. Well, maybe the same amount of jank now that they lost everyone that knew how to do anything.

I've been a professional programmer with a degree working for 20 years and I don't understand 5% of what the gently caress you just said

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump being let back onto Twitter on it's deathbed is hilarious but not for reasons Elon thinks

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

I mean you know he's going to do it regardless. He's just enjoying the will-he-won't-he bath.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just thinking about this again, and the joy remembering it will bring me if Elon really does get him back on the platform

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I've been a professional programmer with a degree working for 20 years and I don't understand 5% of what the gently caress you just said

You should probably get another degree.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ardemia posted:

25% API failure rate from a company that size is a BFD for sure. I wrote a middleware solution in python on our Django server my first year as a dev (was for a contest sign up and literally the second time I ever touched python in a prod env) and while it worked it didn't have timing and batching to the database done as well as it could have. I had a 10% failure rate for contest submissions that I updated immediately based on failure notices from the sentry integration. To me, as a junior, green AF dev, 10% failure was unacceptable and I wanted to do better. Fixed the issue next day and verified the 10% in question were processed. I think our current threshold for these failures is either 0.75% or 0.5% and trust me we are way smaller and jankier than Twitter. Well, maybe the same amount of jank now that they lost everyone that knew how to do anything.

Are you workshopping your Elon pitch or something

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
lmao what happens when you put together two dudes that suck the air out of every room they walk into?

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just thinking about this again, and the joy remembering it will bring me if Elon really does get him back on the platform

It takes special talent to stand next to Trump in a picture and be the one that looks like poo poo.

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!
They are very clearly stating that when they were a green dev, they wrote something terrible that had a better failure rate. They felt that even this failure rate was terrible, so improved it.

The poster is saying that Elong Twatter has lower standards than they did as a ignorant noob.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1593770866457853957

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

what is an API exactly?

Looks like some of y'all still don't get it. You can use MULTIPLE SLURP JUICES on a SINGLE API

That's clearly what Elon has been doing all week!

bbchops
Jul 26, 2001

Ho ho ho! I'll have the same again!
Nap Ghost

https://twitter.com/robinw/status/1593777614983872512

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Was she not hardcore enough?

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
https://twitter.com/utterlymundane/status/1593743334388158464

My rear end in a top hat just clenched right up thinking about having to triage a massive site or feature outage with Elon in the line.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I cannot imagine republicans really want trump to be more in the limelight at the moment. I'm sure they will love this.

Lol what? They're better off having Trump tweet and set the conversation when he's out of power

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

TulliusCicero posted:

He likes the feeling of being the guy who hands the keys over and opens the door for their "God Emperor"

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

TulliusCicero posted:

Why is he so hung up on reinstating Trump? Because his broke brain thinks it's funny?

I dunno, but I sure think it's funny! I almost actually registered an account just to vote in that poll.

Hardcastlemccormik
Jul 19, 2022
Also:

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1593766746560700416

Hahahahaha

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
Trump running in 2024 and about to be unbanned on Twitter. Cool

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/robinw/status/1593777614983872512?cxt=HHwWgICqgf6Snp4sAAAA

Keep speedrunning this Elon

Edit: beaten gently caress me this thread moves faster than the OG Trump ones

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

"I cannot self-terminate. You must lower me into the steel. "

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
I've been reading this thread for the lols and lmaos but, thanks for posting that stuff about the fast inverse square root. Now I'd be lying if I said I understood it all but I got the gist and it was very interesting. I love little things like that.

Countdown to twitter going down at least once before the weekend is over.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

what is an API exactly?

It's a set of tasks that the server performs. When you press the Submit Reply button on a post here, it's sending the text you've typed to a "Make Post" 'end point' in an API which will do all of the necessary logic to attach it to a forum thread. Similarly when you load a thread, it'll be calling a "Get posts" end point in an API.

Failures in those APIs could be any number of things, connection issues, logic errors, but it means that they're not working as intended when they're being told to do something.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

jadebullet posted:

Yeah I keep getting tweets that become replaced with "this tweet is unavailable" messages that force the to reload the tweet to continue reading.

I was trying to search for something in the iOS app earlier and it just kept spinning without returning results. The service is crumbling before our eyes :hmbol:

But that rev/employee stat is up! Until the numerator starts going down, too...

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Hardcastlemccormik posted:

https://twitter.com/utterlymundane/status/1593743334388158464

My rear end in a top hat just clenched right up thinking about having to triage a massive site or feature outage with Elon in the line.

on the plus side you'd get severance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

It would be so loving funny if he reinstated Trump and he immediately tweeted that Elon was a failure as a businessman.