Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I mostly play RPGs as a paladin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I love Warframe's character creator, because you don't get to even see it until 20-40 hours in, in the wildest change of pace

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

crabs have exoskeletons humans have endoskeletons until they die so only human skeletons are analogous to crab, if humans evolved exoskeleton on top of endoskeleton that would be better but it raises the question of what the meat becomes because if it's endomeat then surely the endoskeleton should be endoendoskeleton and if it's exomeat what is a human currently?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

In Guild Wars 2, nearly half the players are humans. The most played characters are human females with access to boob wizard armour

https://gw2efficiency.com/account/player-statistics

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Human_female_light_armor

Least played are the humanoid lion/tigers, which I think is a shame because I think they're the most interesting. Not counting the strong furry contingent

E: also this

Kit Walker posted:

I do think every guy should play as a lady in an MMORPG for at least a while just to see how utterly deranged it is. Random guys will just follow you around, give you free stuff, and beg to be your friend. And that’s just the shallow end that’s still relatively normal
A (cis male) friend and I were playing recently, him as a female Norn, and he did get a tell from some rando calling him thicc. Which is very funny

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Nov 18, 2022

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

OwlFancier posted:

crabs have exoskeletons humans have endoskeletons until they die so only human skeletons are analogous to crab, if humans evolved exoskeleton on top of endoskeleton that would be better but it raises the question of what the meat becomes because if it's endomeat then surely the endoskeleton should be endoendoskeleton and if it's exomeat what is a human currently?

Humans build themselves houses and cars to, experience the exo-skeleton. They are the squishy meats within.
Technology corrects biology

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Hyperlynx posted:

In Guild Wars 2, nearly half the players are humans.

The correct character is an Asura engineer. :colbert:

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Antigravitas posted:

The correct character is an Asura engineer. :colbert:

I've got one. Well, an Asura elementalist, two Norns, seven Charr and one Sylvari. No humans.

E: my engineer is Iron Legion

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 23:40 on Nov 18, 2022

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tree Bucket posted:

Humans build themselves houses and cars to, experience the exo-skeleton. They are the squishy meats within.
Technology corrects biology

ah, a hermit crab

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Crab

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

There's been a meme going around of koopas doing that "wah-wah" dance thing from the new Super Mario Bros games, and someone just made this:

https://twitter.com/SilentManJoe/status/1592345304434868225

This is many pages behind, but I could not contain my rage.

The person who made this is a fool and the koopas should be switched, because, as everybody knows, the defining characteristic of the varieties is green walking off cliffs and red remaining safely elevated.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hyperlynx posted:

In Guild Wars 2, nearly half the players are humans. The most played characters are human females with access to boob wizard armour

Least played are the humanoid lion/tigers, which I think is a shame because I think they're the most interesting. Not counting the strong furry contingent

E: also this

A (cis male) friend and I were playing recently, him as a female Norn, and he did get a tell from some rando calling him thicc. Which is very funny

I played GW2 on/off from vanilla up until about Season 5 (so from 2012-2021) and had at least one character of every race/gender, and never got harassed. I think it's because every other player is just a human/Norn female. Plus on-balance the boob armor isn't, ok look I'm not saying it's good but do some comparison shopping to other MMOs of the 2010s and GW2 is on the modest/classy end. I actually met a lot of women (and men) playing it, who were in it specifically because it was low rent action with good Barbie doll dress-up options. They didn't call it "Fashion Wars 2" back in the day for nothing.

The Charr (humanoid lions/tigers) are least played because 4 out of the 5 races are just standard humanoid, therefore it's pretty easy to design wardrobe items that just need to be scaled or altered slightly in proportion, versus an entirely different leg/torso/shoulder shape. Thus the Charr have the least fashion options, thus they're not as attractive to players who really really love being able to customize their character looks.

But yeah hope on most MMOs, play a lady, and watch thirsty dudes come out.

:goonsay: tax:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

rydiafan posted:

The person who made this is a fool and the koopas should be switched, because, as everybody knows, the defining characteristic of the varieties is green walking off cliffs and red remaining safely elevated.

It could've been a Koopa Paratroopa that lost its wings while near the edge.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

mind the walrus posted:

Plus on-balance the boob armor isn't, ok look I'm not saying it's good but do some comparison shopping to other MMOs of the 2010s and GW2 is on the modest/classy end.

Oh, for sure.

Also on the plus side, at least one of the plunging neckline boob armour outfits also does that for males. But I maintain they're cowards for not making slutty Charr outfits with three boob windows, because that would be extremely funny.

And I admire their restraint in not giving the cat people boobs. Though they do have en-breasted plant people...

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 01:44 on Nov 19, 2022

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

rydiafan posted:

My God. This was no accident. He was pushed

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
OK this has bugged me for 10/8/6/3/1 years: you spend 8 hours configuring your eyebrows in Skyrim, then find a helmet 5 minutes in that obscures everything anyway

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Oh, for sure.

Also on the plus side, at least one of the plunging neckline boob armour outfits also does that for males. But I maintain they're cowards for not making slutty Charr outfits with three boob windows, because that would be extremely funny.

And I admire their restraint in not giving the cat people boobs. Though they do have en-breasted plant people...

I only played guild wars 1 but i recall mesmers, and also kinda necromancers having extremely femme armour regardless of gender.

Definitely recall my necro lad rocking the lace cuffs.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

el dingo posted:

OK this has bugged me for 10/8/6/3/1 years: you spend 8 hours configuring your eyebrows in Skyrim, then find a helmet 5 minutes in that obscures everything anyway

A helmet?? Listen mate if you're wearing any armour at all you're playing skyrim wrong

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
But I get a 25% bonus for the full set

25%!

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Is skyrim an rpg that somehow doesn't have a box you can tick to just hide the helmet graphically? Even wow had that come on!

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
There's a mod for it

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Lmfao I know skyrim is old by this point but what an oversight

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Is skyrim an rpg that somehow doesn't have a box you can tick to just hide the helmet graphically? Even wow had that come on!

Oddly bethsoft RPGs haven't ever done that and it's a shame. Morrowind at least let you cobble together an utterly horrific fashion disaster out of three different types of armour, clothing layers, and mismatched left/right gloves and pauldrons based purely on whatever you have that has the best stats/enchantments on it, except then it encourages you to throw a robe over the entire lot.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

A Moose posted:

I love Warframe's character creator, because you don't get to even see it until 20-40 hours in, in the wildest change of pace

Or years in, depending on when you started playing lol. Goddamn that was a solid twist lol

JosephSkunk
Dec 16, 2003
Yes, evidently you had misperceived it as rain.

rydiafan posted:

I mean :trapsprung: right

Edit: oh this is embarrassing

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
If playing pretty princess dress up in every game that allows me to is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

:hmmyes:

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

Hyperlynx posted:

This is legitimately interesting data. Do other MMOs publish stuff like this?

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FreudianSlippers posted:

If a game allows any sort of customisation I usually make a dude but try to make him the weirdest most misshapen dude possible.

Ah, the "make it look as much like yourself as possible" approach.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I normally play asura, but my engi was human. so i guess im running a human atm ><
till engi isnt fun anymore.

my charr is a warrior, :/ so will never get played till they make that fun

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

el dingo posted:

GW2 has that checkbox, to hide headgear. And one for shoulder armour, too. And another checkbox for an "outfit" that replaces everything you're wearing with something else. Mostly they're bought with microtransaction bux, which is kind of nice because it means you can pick a look you like regardless of the stats of your armour.

swordfish duelist posted:

If playing pretty princess dress up in every game that allows me to is wrong, I don't want to be right. :colbert:

You should see a lion-woman in a wedding dress!

Glottis posted:

This is legitimately interesting data. Do other MMOs publish stuff like this?
I don't know :(

The only MMO I've ever played is GW2. (Apart from a few months of GW1 over a decade ago, something called Nexus two decades ago, and MUDs)

Meskhenet posted:

I normally play asura, but my engi was human. so i guess im running a human atm ><
till engi isnt fun anymore.

my charr is a warrior, :/ so will never get played till they make that fun
I've got two Charr warriors. One's a berserker elite spec, the other a spellbreaker. Both berserker and spellbreaker are a lot more fun than stock warrior!

Hyperlynx has a new favorite as of 08:28 on Nov 19, 2022

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I played the entire Mass Effect Trilogy as Male Shepard what does that make me.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ranbo das posted:

Do you want honesty?

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

ranbo das posted:

uhh

ummm

poo poo gently caress let me look up the guide.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

ranbo das posted:

Depends on if you romanced Garrus or not.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ranbo das posted:

It makes you part of 82% of the people who played those games :mordin:

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Mass effect taught me that when you make evil choices your face gets all cracked and glow-y and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

ranbo das posted:

Welsh.