Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

instead of player death being a random thing, it should have a minigame pop up whenever you take a mortal blow. and it should be affected by age and how many times it's happened already. and it should be the svr07 "tap rapidly" minigame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

instead of player death being a random thing, it should have a minigame pop up whenever you take a mortal blow. and it should be affected by age and how many times it's happened already. and it should be the svr07 "tap rapidly" minigame

honestly thatd be pretty dope. Anything but "hey we know you were having fun but were gonna end the game for no reason and you cant change it"

sometimes i hope my character will die when im on the 3rd minute of a grappling animation tho. I feel like im playing wrong or missing a core mechanic bc I get locked up in a hold where I cant do anything but sit and wait for the hold to break and it takes an obnoxiously long time, despite me mashing every button combination. Is it a timing thing like Fire Pro?

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 8, 2022

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/aewgames/status/1590073080717905921?s=46&t=U9AXXvsN_0RJpiPElkQhcg

Maybe no gamepass??

Sounds like a release date announcement soon

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
drat, that's a shame. because it would have been a genius move to get people in.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
drat no gamepass is a bad idea

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

well poo poo now I want it on the gamepass

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Revenge of Punk. Spreading false rumors that lead into disappointment.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

My name... is CM Punk, and I'm on team X-Box (holds up arms, revealing tape wrapped round them with the letter X the back of his hands on it), I play Halo, Gears of War and Forza. And that means I'm better than you.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
https://twitter.com/NintendoCanada/status/1590766494270377986

This looks it could be fun!

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Like death and taxes, Jeff Jarrett is unavoidable

SLAPNUTS

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

MotU posted:

drat no gamepass is a bad idea

On the plus side it also probably means they're not doing a battle pass thing for their content either.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Bonk posted:

On the plus side it also probably means they're not doing a battle pass thing for their content either.

Eh I think it's pretty likely there's gonna be some sort of DLC pass, it's the only reason I can imagine why they wouldn't have FTR in the game at launch

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm sure they'll do DLC packs, but that's different. Battle passes are taking over everything and they're terrible. You have to grind even for the poo poo you paid for.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

quote:

We have also been updating our website, forums and payment processing over the past 3-4 weeks. Based on user feedback and other issues, we have decided to move away from eLicense and begin a partnership with FastSpring for our credit card processing and licensing. We have already moved over Comic Book Universe, TEW2020, WMMA5 and Bowl Bound to FastSpring and find this system offers much easier activating/deactivating of licenses. Users can also manage their own licenses via the game or an online form without the need for customer support. You can find out more information in this forum post. All eLicense purchases will continue to be supported - but we think our users will find this new system much more user friendly.

Grey Dog Software have finally moved on from eLicense. I don't know poo poo about FastSpring but it's gotta be better.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hey. Maybe I’ll finally go through the hassle of transferring my TEW2020 license form my busted laptop to my year old new computer.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
https://twitter.com/AEWGames/status/1593272824139055104

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

who got murdered in the ring

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

who got murdered in the ring

No, it was his tag partner.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

Gavok posted:

No no no, what is his tag partner. It’s their rival.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Der-Wreck posted:

No no no, what is his tag partner. It’s their rival.

I don’t know who that is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Aubrey, be careful counting on those thumbtacks :cry:

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Gavok posted:

But... I don't need a partner...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The only lights out i want to see is when they turn the lights out so you can focus more clearly on the release date!!!

Is that anything

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Has any WWE game had thumbtacks?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There were a couple but it was weird. Like a Wii version of a main series and legends of Wrestlemania.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Ganso Bomb posted:

Aubrey, be careful counting on those thumbtacks :cry:

She's not wearing gloves with blood in the ring. They really dropped the ball with this one!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Astro7x posted:

She's not wearing gloves with blood in the ring. They really dropped the ball with this one!

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-GlVO_xgnw

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

I enjoy how all of these wrestlers were "on the go" for their interviews in this. It really makes me feel like we're going somewhere, in life I mean.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im on year 5 month 9 of running wcw in journey of wrestliing. Been trying to run an invasion angle after i bought AJPW and i made them a 3rd brand which was a mistake. I think i should have just left them as no brand. Anyway ive been addicted to this game the last few days, im dominating the monday night war into the year 2001!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So I was listening to a podcast the other day where they were playing a Grant Howitt one page RPG called HJason Statham's Big Vacation where you play a team of handlers trying to make sure that Jason Statham has a good time on his holiday. Very silly, lots of potential for hijinks, bear attacks, dropkicking owls, that kind of thing. It inspired me enough that I wanted to write a wrestling version about what Jon Moxley is going to get up to now he's lost the AEW title. So I present Jon Moxley's Day Out:

Lamuella fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Nov 23, 2022

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O0u-2E4AMs

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

WCW/nWo Return

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Gavok posted:

Somehow, WCW/nWo has Returned

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I remember downloading this dude's games off his own website and getting big overhaul mods. We've come a long way baby

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lamuella posted:

So I was listening to a podcast the other day where they were playing a Grant Howitt one page RPG called HJason Statham's Big Vacation where you play a team of handlers trying to make sure that Jason Statham has a good time on his holiday. Very silly, lots of potential for hijinks, bear attacks, dropkicking owls, that kind of thing. It inspired me enough that I wanted to write a wrestling version about what Jon Moxley is going to get up to now he's lost the AEW title. So I present Jon Moxley's Day Out:

This rules

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Is TEW2020 worth getting if you’ve already got 2016? I’ve got the urge to play it again, but I always end up regretting it because I sink way too much time into it without making much progress, so not sure if the upgrade is worth it.

Any improvements to the UI or whatever that make it quicker to play would probably swing it for me…

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'd probably go for it just because it's got a $10 discount running for the next couple days. otherwise you could always try the demo and see if you'd rather get a nice hamborger and play 2016 instead. i hope someone who has played them both a lot can provide a better answer. i'm just thinking a lot about a big hamborger today

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I got a nice new gaming pc and now I can actually run the only WWE game I've bought in the last 20 years, which is WWE2K20. Yeah yeah I know it's awful but I got it for $5 on a Steam sale like a year ago

I started making some CAWs and decided to try to download some community creations but it says it can't connect to the WWE2K20 server so I assume they shut those down every year so that only the newest game is supported and that sucks

Anyway my question is: Is there a way I can get WWE2020 CAWs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

No, you got it in one, unfortunately. With the growing complexity of CAWs it's not even possible to just follow creation formulas anymore because virtually every creator worth their salt uses custom textures--which were, of course, also lost when they took the servers down. There are mods out there, but they're almost all just upgraded textures for existing characters.

The sharing tools are best-in-class, but they served the underhanded purpose of making the CAW system nigh-unto useless once the servers go down.