Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Lumpy posted:

Dear Thread,

Please stop posting all these cool minis from games I do not play*. My pile of shame is big enough, thanks.

Your friend,

- Lumpy

* yet

Only until my next set of models arrive. :colbert: I've got Faramir on order and my friend is holding a pack of Uruk crossbows from an order we placed together. Sadly I don't think I'll be able to get ahold of them until after the holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
How much more do you need on top of one of those LOTR battle hosts too play a standard game?

Asking for a friend...

Refind Chaos
Sep 16, 2007

King of 'tisms mountain

Major Isoor posted:

SNIP
* I can't remember what tabletop rules BB2 uses... 2020?

Blood Bowl II uses the 2016 ruleset. BB III will ostensibly be using the 2020 ruleset.

For

Lumpy posted:

Dear Thread,

Please stop posting all these cool minis from games I do not play*. My pile of shame is big enough, thanks.

Your friend,

- Lumpy

* yet

My Chaos Chosen the Satyrists :cool:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, just wondering - regarding the PC version of Blood Bowl 2*, does anyone have any advice for playing as Ogres? (Or another stunty team. Seems like Ogres are the most well-rounded one, though?) Since my league is starting up again after a break, so I figured I'd go in with something different, with no expectations of success.

So yeah, I know I'm gonna most likely lose every match, but I figured I'd seek some advice to better prepare myself so that I hopefully go down with style, rather than as a wet fart. I figure I should probably give all my ogres Block ASAP, so they're harder to take down (and hopefully don't bonehead too much, so that they can even get an attack in, now and again!) but otherwise, hard to say. Maybe it might be worth giving one accurate throw, maybe? Just in case I need to toss a snotling for a touchdown.
Additionally... I guess I'll give more dodgy/evasion stuff for the snotlings, seeing as they can't stand up in a fight anyway? Maybe one or two with dirty player, since if/when I can't win, it'll at least be good to give the victors an injury or two to think about! Otherwise, how I should be arraying my guys for drives is the big thing I'm wondering about. Like, put three on the line, or just two? And then... one on each wing? Should I normally hold one back to reinforce where needed (or to throw a little fella, if I'm desperate) or? I'm not familiar with stunty teams at all, so apologies in advance! And yeah, I know - doesn't matter how much I plan, it's gonna go sideways turn one anyway :D

* I can't remember what tabletop rules BB2 uses... 2020?

BB2 uses the SRD LRB rules. (2016 and 2020 iterated on the SRD rules, with most of the changes being very minor fiddling with team player costs or special rules for stunty teams.) In particular, it's missing a bunch of buffs they gave ogres in later editions, like snotlings not counting for team rating.

You're going to lose. A lot. I'm glad you're prepared for this but ogres are just really bitterly bad. If there's any non-stunty team you think might be interesting, I'd play that instead, especially if you're committing to a whole season with other players.

Ogres only have Strength skill access by default. Guard and Break Tackle are the best strength skills for an ogre team, although Grab can be interesting for trapping enemies in a knot of ogres. Juggernaut and Stand Firm are also interesting, but you probably won't get that many skills on an ogre. You'll want Block for any doubles (even a double six tbh); the next best choice is Dodge. Don't bother with throwing skills, because doubles are so precious.

Skills on snotlings are mostly bloat. Sidestep is amusing for annoying opponents but honestly you're best off firing any snotling that gets a skillup, just because it's bloating your team rating. A skilled snotling isn't worth the inducements you're giving away.

You'll want to handle the ball with your ogres, similar to Bull Centaurs, because you want all of your SP on them if you can. If you get an AGI up, that ogre is now your golden boy. You're mainly hoping to develop your ogres as much as possible. Because of their low AGI, mainly save your rerolls for ballhandling. Don't get greedy on a Bonehead unless it's going to make or break a point. In particular, unless you absolutely have to move the ball this turn, it's fine for the ballcarrier to bonehead a turn.

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 18, 2022

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Cease to Hope posted:

BB2 uses the SRD rules. (2016 and 2020 iterated on the SRD rules, with most of the changes being very minor fiddling with team player costs or special rules for stunty teams.) In particular, it's missing a bunch of buffs they gave ogres in later editions, like snotlings not counting for team rating.

You're going to lose. A lot. I'm glad you're prepared for this but ogres are just really bitterly bad. If there's any non-stunty team you think might be interesting, I'd play that instead, especially if you're committing to a whole season with other players.

Ogres only have Strength skill access by default. Guard and Break Tackle are the best strength skills for an ogre team, although Grab can be interesting for trapping enemies in a knot of ogres. Juggernaut and Stand Firm are also interesting, but you probably won't get that many skills on an ogre. You'll want Block for any doubles (even a double six tbh); the next best choice is Dodge. Don't bother with throwing skills, because doubles are so precious.

Skills on snotlings are mostly bloat. Sidestep is amusing for annoying opponents but honestly you're best off firing any snotling that gets a skillup, just because it's bloating your team rating. A skilled snotling isn't worth the inducements you're giving away.

You'll want to handle the ball with your ogres, similar to Bull Centaurs, because you want all of your SP on them if you can. If you get an AGI up, that ogre is now your golden boy. You're mainly hoping to develop your ogres as much as possible. Because of their low AGI, mainly save your rerolls for ballhandling. Don't get greedy on a Bonehead unless it's going to make or break a point. In particular, unless you absolutely have to move the ball this turn, it's fine for the ballcarrier to bonehead a turn.

Hmm, fair enough - I'd forgotten about the "only access to strength skill-ups" thing, with ogres. Overall, you username seems very appropriate here! :v:
Well, maybe I'll see if I can get a test match going, with one of the others. I'm hoping to convince one or two of the others to use a stunty team (one seems like he'll go for it) but we'll see.

In terms of other teams, for the next season my plan was to use Underworld (kinda what I originally had planned for this season, due to the mutation shenanigans, etc.) or maybe Chaos Dwarves. We'll see though - depending on how things pan out, I guess I might have to follow your suggestion on that! Shame that BB2 missed out on some pro-stunty rule revisions, too

E. Nesbit
Mar 18, 2009

Eat two dicks and call me in the morning.

Major Isoor posted:

Hey, just wondering - regarding the PC version of Blood Bowl 2*, does anyone have any advice for playing as Ogres? (Or another stunty team. Seems like Ogres are the most well-rounded one, though?) Since my league is starting up again after a break, so I figured I'd go in with something different, with no expectations of success.

So yeah, I know I'm gonna most likely lose every match, but I figured I'd seek some advice to better prepare myself so that I hopefully go down with style, rather than as a wet fart. I figure I should probably give all my ogres Block ASAP, so they're harder to take down (and hopefully don't bonehead too much, so that they can even get an attack in, now and again!) but otherwise, hard to say. Maybe it might be worth giving one accurate throw, maybe? Just in case I need to toss a snotling for a touchdown.
Additionally... I guess I'll give more dodgy/evasion stuff for the snotlings, seeing as they can't stand up in a fight anyway? Maybe one or two with dirty player, since if/when I can't win, it'll at least be good to give the victors an injury or two to think about! Otherwise, how I should be arraying my guys for drives is the big thing I'm wondering about. Like, put three on the line, or just two? And then... one on each wing? Should I normally hold one back to reinforce where needed (or to throw a little fella, if I'm desperate) or? I'm not familiar with stunty teams at all, so apologies in advance! And yeah, I know - doesn't matter how much I plan, it's gonna go sideways turn one anyway :D

* I can't remember what tabletop rules BB2 uses... 2020? 2016 - thanks Refined Chaos!

Don't forget to toss snotlings at cages. I lucked out once and killed a high elf blitzer. They still scored on me but it was cool.

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Ogres are fun if you just enjoy bashing stuff and causing casualties. Snotlings replacing the old LRBs goblins really did kill the team though. Goblins could at least act as decent ball runners.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

hoiyes posted:

How much more do you need on top of one of those LOTR battle hosts too play a standard game?

Asking for a friend...

Not really sure. I've never looked into what a "standard" game is. We've been playing between 600-700 points the last few weeks, but haven't specifically been using the contents of the Battlehosts or looking up tournament guidelines. We're basically just using what we have and think will be a good size for an afternoon of gaming.

My last 600 point list was

-Sharku + 4 warg riders
-Lurtz + 7 Uruk scouts w/ bows + Uruk warbanner
-Uruk scout captain + 6 scouts
-Uruk captain + Uruk shaman + 4 Uruk wariors + 2 Uruk warriors w/ pikes

So 29 (34) models in total. I put the second number in brackets because it's at most 29 models on the table and then you'll need Sharku and 4 orcs on foot as dismounts for the warg riders. Some people even go so far as to have wargs without riders for when the orcs get killed, but we just use tokens to indicate it because gently caress that (besides, 99% of the time, the warg just flees after the rider dies, so it's a lot of effort and cost for very little game utility).

The Isengard box would be a pretty solid starting point for the above list as it would cover your scout and warrior options and you'd have Saruman and Grima as well. The thing to remember is that in the current edition, you unlock warriors by taking heroes. Heroes have different ratings and the more powerful the hero is, the larger a warband you can build around them. In the above list, I had 4 warbands as you can see, with Lurtz leading the largest and acting as the overall general for the force.

I'd say the best way to start is a Battlehost plus a Command pack. You can skirt the command models if you paint specific warriors to represent generic heroes, but you'll need to do a bit of converting if you want something to pass as a warbanner, drummer, or shaman as the sprues are super basic.

I've not actually put together a Mordor army list yet. The photo is just the Battlehost plus the commanders I picked up in the last couple of months.

To sum up, the Battlehosts are a great value, but you're limited in list building options because there's only 1-2 dedicated hero models per box to build warbands around. You also have to consider dismounts, so with the Rohan box for instance you don't actually have 24 warriors of Rohan. 6 of them have to be dedicated dismounts to the Riders. They're an excellent starting point to flesh out your rank and file, but they're lacking in options.

There are Quickstart rules on the Warhammer Community Downloads page. They ignore the dismount rules and list building, telling you just to field the boxes as seen, and it's a decent enough introduction to the game. It would likely feel quite similar to how it played back in 2001 when the first edition was released alongside Fellowship,

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

In terms of other teams, for the next season my plan was to use Underworld (kinda what I originally had planned for this season, due to the mutation shenanigans, etc.) or maybe Chaos Dwarves. We'll see though - depending on how things pan out, I guess I might have to follow your suggestion on that! Shame that BB2 missed out on some pro-stunty rule revisions, too

Underworld in BB2 are okay, solidly average or slightly below. They're Skaven but weaker: mutations on normals doesn't really make up for no Gutter Runners. Your real stars are the Blitzers, who pretty easily get Block/MB/Claw followed by Tackle, PO, or Guard. Unlike actual Skaven, you''ll probably want both Throwers because the alternative is goblins, but they're really more for carrying the ball than throwing it. (You'll want to try to get SP on the Blitzers first, though.) The good mutations are Claw on Blitzers, Claw and Tentacles on the Troll, Big Hand and Two Heads on a Thrower ballcarrier (after Block ofc), and possibly Two Heads as an alternative to Sidestep for goblins.

Chaos Dwarfs are a top tier team. Try to get SPP on your dwarfs and centaurs, not the hobgoblins. Break Tackle is interesting on centaurs, but comes after Block and either Sure Hands (for a ballcarrier) or Mighty Blow/Tackle (for a blitzer). Dwarfs get standbys like Guard, Mighty Blow, etc. Claw is the only interesting mutation here.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Not really sure. I've never looked into what a "standard" game is. We've been playing between 600-700 points the last few weeks, but haven't specifically been using the contents of the Battlehosts or looking up tournament guidelines. We're basically just using what we have and think will be a good size for an afternoon of gaming.

My last 600 point list was

-Sharku + 4 warg riders
-Lurtz + 7 Uruk scouts w/ bows + Uruk warbanner
-Uruk scout captain + 6 scouts
-Uruk captain + Uruk shaman + 4 Uruk wariors + 2 Uruk warriors w/ pikes

So 29 (34) models in total. I put the second number in brackets because it's at most 29 models on the table and then you'll need Sharku and 4 orcs on foot as dismounts for the warg riders. Some people even go so far as to have wargs without riders for when the orcs get killed, but we just use tokens to indicate it because gently caress that (besides, 99% of the time, the warg just flees after the rider dies, so it's a lot of effort and cost for very little game utility).

The Isengard box would be a pretty solid starting point for the above list as it would cover your scout and warrior options and you'd have Saruman and Grima as well. The thing to remember is that in the current edition, you unlock warriors by taking heroes. Heroes have different ratings and the more powerful the hero is, the larger a warband you can build around them. In the above list, I had 4 warbands as you can see, with Lurtz leading the largest and acting as the overall general for the force.

I'd say the best way to start is a Battlehost plus a Command pack. You can skirt the command models if you paint specific warriors to represent generic heroes, but you'll need to do a bit of converting if you want something to pass as a warbanner, drummer, or shaman as the sprues are super basic.

I've not actually put together a Mordor army list yet. The photo is just the Battlehost plus the commanders I picked up in the last couple of months.

To sum up, the Battlehosts are a great value, but you're limited in list building options because there's only 1-2 dedicated hero models per box to build warbands around. You also have to consider dismounts, so with the Rohan box for instance you don't actually have 24 warriors of Rohan. 6 of them have to be dedicated dismounts to the Riders. They're an excellent starting point to flesh out your rank and file, but they're lacking in options.

There are Quickstart rules on the Warhammer Community Downloads page. They ignore the dismount rules and list building, telling you just to field the boxes as seen, and it's a decent enough introduction to the game. It would likely feel quite similar to how it played back in 2001 when the first edition was released alongside Fellowship,

Thank you for this excellent post, friend!

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Going to try and organise another 2nd Ed match again soon, getting some essentials done.

Magnetised two tyrants, waiting for some right side broodlord arms to make a no gun variant with magnets as well, I figure it will be the closest without paying a sculptor

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
hell yeah Mars Attacks aliens are here to mess up your perfect lawn

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Kharnifex posted:

Magnetised two tyrants, waiting for some right side broodlord arms to make a no gun variant with magnets as well, I figure it will be the closest without paying a sculptor

In the day, people used to use tyranid warrior arms for that. They had a right-side sword arm for both the plastic and metal kits.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I want these doofy dudes!

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
The next Underworlds warband!
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/11/19/warhammer-preview-online-the-looncourts-gitz-go-questing-into-the-gnarlwood/

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Utterly fantastic, absolutely picking that up as the next team

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
Croooooosssssspost

i finished a 10mm house for warmaster

radlum
May 13, 2013

Hihohe posted:

I want these doofy dudes!

They look so goofy; I don't play Necromunda but I might get these because they look so funny.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

radlum posted:

They look so goofy; I don't play Necromunda but I might get these because they look so funny.

There's a lot of Necromunda Weirdos that I want to get for conversions and kitbashing. Now I'm torn between getting these egg walkers and the nomad's giant fleas for an ironstrider conversion for my Mechanicus

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Do you guys think they're ever going to do another run of the older Underworlds warbands?

So dumb that they made a game about collecting your favorite warbands and building decks and then made like 50% of the warbands and cards impossible to get without paying scalpers 5x the MSRP.

Like I assume they didn't destroy the molds or anything but I kinda expected them to at least do a round of made-to-order reprints by now.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I was really lucky to find the Direchasm box for a decent price and it’s insane that it was the only way for me to get the cow elves, absolutely ridiculous that they don’t have all the warbands readily available especially now that they’ve refreshed the system to be more universally friendly to all teams, if it wasn’t for that really awesome dude who tipped me off I definitely would’ve never got the elves.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Nov 19, 2022

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Do you guys think they're ever going to do another run of the older Underworlds warbands?

So dumb that they made a game about collecting your favorite warbands and building decks and then made like 50% of the warbands and cards impossible to get without paying scalpers 5x the MSRP.

Like I assume they didn't destroy the molds or anything but I kinda expected them to at least do a round of made-to-order reprints by now.

I hope so!

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

they used to sell the old warband models without the cards, but it looks like those all got pulled from the web store?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Chainclaw posted:

they used to sell the old warband models without the cards, but it looks like those all got pulled from the web store?

Yeah, they've been gone for a while now. Really bizarre choice but they must just be strapped for production capacity or something and decided to cut stuff that was probably selling in relatively small volumes.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I got insanely lucky when a guy sold me Shadespire and Nightvault with all the corresponding seasonal warbands at the beginning of Direchasm. He realized later on that he goofed and wanted to buy them back since it was all OOP, but I had already painted most of them at that point, so I declined.

I hate the FOMO strategy. I haven't had time to paint or play in months but I still buy stuff now and then, because if I don't, it's gone (I realize that is the point of the strategy).

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Chainclaw posted:

They had a "last chance to order" for a bunch of warbands back in April/May. Idk I couldn't find any articles about it being a range rotation kind of thing.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Yeah, they've been gone for a while now. Really bizarre choice but they must just be strapped for production capacity or something and decided to cut stuff that was probably selling in relatively small volumes.

I think this is it, yeah - over the history of the game we're looking at 46 warbands and counting. It's probably an SKU management thing rather than a FOMO creation thing.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

it really doesn't help that digital Underworlds is so out of sync with physical Underworlds.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
You can use Underworlds models in Warcry, right? It would be nice if they had the OOP kits on some sort of rotational schedule or something, there's definitely a few kits that I'd want to pick up just for the sake of building and painting them.

Vulpes Vulpes
Apr 28, 2013

"...for you, it is all over...!"
Played a couple games of Underworlds, running the Ravagers against the Starblood Stalkers, using the Gnarlwood Rivals decks. Slotting in Rivals decks was fun- I was never that interested in the deckbuilding aspect, and being able to just swap decks in and out appeals to me. Unfortunately I spent most of both games trying to kill Klaq-Troq, the Saurus murder-machine, and my dice weren't cooperating with me in the second one.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Improbable Lobster posted:

You can use Underworlds models in Warcry, right? It would be nice if they had the OOP kits on some sort of rotational schedule or something, there's definitely a few kits that I'd want to pick up just for the sake of building and painting them.

Yes you can. The 2021(?) Tome of Champions has the rules for the teams pre-Harrowdeep; and unless they've updated the points in White Dwarf, those are still the most current rules. I think there's been a recent White Dwarf with some of the newer teams, though so maybe the book might be outdated by now...

I'm sure they'll bring back some of the older sets eventually (probably without cards, but whatever). They're really giving Underworlds another push at relevancy with the format changes, so I feel it'd be a perfect opportunity to run through a reprint of the older season teams for new players jumping on board. Especially with the Rival Decks, they wouldn't even need to worry about how broken the older cards might be, just do the models.

Desfore fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Nov 22, 2022

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

I'm also interested in getting into Warcry. I have every Underworlds war band (either to use with their actual Warcry rules or as proxies for models), the Stormcast half of the Dominion and Soul Wars boxes plus some random Stormcast characters from store anniversary models and the like, and the Kruleboyz half of the Dominion box plus this year's store anniversary Kruleboy. How should I go about designing a first Warcry war band or two? I will also probably get Sundered Fate.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Cease to Hope posted:

In the day, people used to use tyranid warrior arms for that. They had a right-side sword arm for both the plastic and metal kits.

I never liked the newer metal tyranid warriors, they looked a bit off

Luckily I found a cool dude on Cults3d, thebugman, and he will be doing some 2nd ed style sculpts, like devourers, and no weapons.

he's already made a right hand side deathspitter for a tyrant, im impressed!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Muir posted:

How should I go about designing a first Warcry war band or two? I will also probably get Sundered Fate.
Rules for Warcry are free, you can check them here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/lWKyFJUKEGebDukF.pdf

And of course, the profiles (including points) are also free, you can check every Stormcast fighter here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/jaXXd2gzZI16IpyN.pdf

And Destruction fighters are here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/3vzCJunT7paxw0ds.pdf

With 1000 points as standard, Warcry warbands are smallish. I play Stormcasts and I'm lucky to squeeze seven or eight fighters into a list, I usually just use six fighters. You have more than enough for a few warbands.

Talas fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 22, 2022

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Talas posted:

Rules for Warcry are free, you can check them here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/lWKyFJUKEGebDukF.pdf

And of course, the profiles (including points) are also free, you can check every Stormcast fighter here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/jaXXd2gzZI16IpyN.pdf

And Destruction fighters are here:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/3vzCJunT7paxw0ds.pdf

With 1000 points as standard, Warcry warbands are smallish. I play Stormcasts and I'm lucky to squeeze seven or eight fighters into a list, I usually just use six fighters. You have more than enough for a few warbands.

What strategic considerations should I take in mind when designing the warbands?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It looks like the Corpse Guilders are the white collar to the blue-collar Corpse Grinders, but do we know how compatible the two are?

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Muir posted:

What strategic considerations should I take in mind when designing the warbands?
I usually have a mix of punch and speed. I'd say that the latter is a little more important as you'll need some board control depending on the mission. I usually have a Lord-Imperatant for distance and support, Gryph-hounds for speed, Vindictors for general use, and Annihilators for punching and being punched.

Stormcasts usually have high toughness, so I don't worry too much about that, still, a lone warrior can get easily ganged up, so be careful about it.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

moths posted:

It looks like the Corpse Guilders are the white collar to the blue-collar Corpse Grinders, but do we know how compatible the two are?

Guilders are the ones collecting bodies for profit. Corpse Grinders are killing and eating people because they are a blood / murder cult. There is a bit of overlap, but they aren't aligned per se. I suppose you could make an argument that the Grinders could help boost profits a bit for the Guilders, but I'm sure enough people die in NM to make the Grinders contributions pale in comparison.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Grinders are the Corpse Guild warehouse workers who liked their job a little too much.

Also the Grinders have moved on from processing the corpses the Guilders have collected to going out and producing the corpses themselves. That's a little too forward-thinking and we all know how Imperial institutions dislike that kind of behaviour.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Nov 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

This is why you shouldn't pay people based on the amount of work they do. It's like paying a fire brigade based on how many fires they put out.

"Whoops, not enough corpses, guess I'll just have to make some more work for myself."