Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Qmass posted:

I don't understand what goes on in the mind of someone who, when defending a lowering elevator, runs off into the room giving up a safe position with teammates, a healing mist and a safe wall at your back to just begin ratfucking a run.

Bad pubbies seem to be especially rancid now for some reason. I have had quite a few great matches with really helpful pubs who knew exactly what to do but for every one of those it's two or three with people who don't realize they're carrying health around the whole game or ignore the nurgle boss as it's eating me whole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Qmass posted:

I don't understand what goes on in the mind of someone who, when defending a lowering elevator, runs off into the room giving up a safe position with teammates, a healing mist and a safe wall at your back to just begin ratfucking a run.

UP NEXT: Another episode of "your team is barely staying alive and someone decides to pick up a grimoire"

explosivo posted:

Bad pubbies seem to be especially rancid now for some reason. I have had quite a few great matches with really helpful pubs who knew exactly what to do but for every one of those it's two or three with people who don't realize they're carrying health around the whole game or ignore the nurgle boss as it's eating me whole.

I've started to tag every time I put down a medpack and type "med" in chat. I also try to do it for Medicae stations. A surprisingly amount of players zoom right past medicaes even when there is enough taps for everyone, kind of maddening.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
I was just watching a youtuber stream the game on twitch and it's pretty painful to watch.
The guy is playing the train station assassination mission. The guy is playing a veteran and simply refusing to switch to melee and then proceeding to get murdered by the hordes that spawn while he tries to plink away at them one by one with the las rifle and raging about it the whole time.

edit: also, as a zealot people keep gobbling up all grenades and I go whole missions without being able to use the super cool grenades they have and it really makes me feel weak compared to veterans.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 19, 2022

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Pigbottom posted:

I was just watching a youtuber stream the game on twitch and it's pretty painful to watch.
The guy is playing the train station assassination mission. The guy is playing a veteran and simply refusing to switch to melee and then proceeding to get murdered by the hordes that spawn while he tries to plink away at them one by one with the las rifle and raging about it the whole time.

edit: also, as a zealot people keep gobbling up all grenades and I go whole missions without being able to use the super cool grenades they have and it really makes me feel weak compared to veterans.

Need a vet friend with the percent chance everybody gets a grenade on kill talent.

Related to current convo: I honestly have been solo joining a lot and haven't had runs go bad as other people seem to have, like in t2 maybe only 1 out of every 10 runs goes south.

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

explosivo posted:

They sure exist and it's always baffling, especially in higher tiers. However there is, once again, also the :fatshark: factor in terms of visual design helpers like proper UI elements that do not only properly point in a direction of a threat/info and also don't transmit it's urgency. The design of this game is often as muddled and unclear as it's visual style and it doesn't really help people who may struggle with situations.
Look how much games like Overwatch or Call of Duty put into these things to try to guarantee low barrier fast gameplay. It doesn't need to be reinvented, these ideas have been around for quite a while.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Diephoon posted:

UP NEXT: Another episode of "your team is barely staying alive and someone decides to pick up a grimoire"

I've started to tag every time I put down a medpack and type "med" in chat. I also try to do it for Medicae stations. A surprisingly amount of players zoom right past medicaes even when there is enough taps for everyone, kind of maddening.

You can use the "go here" marker that comes up in a big purple gps marker on screen too thats pretty drat hard to miss even with all the other visual clutter going on. I always put that on ammo crates/medpacks Ive deployed and even the goldfish-est of pubbies seems to find it.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is there any rhyme or reason to the end of round weapon rewards, or are they completely random?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chainsword sounds and feels better than it did in the beta with its basic attacks, they did buff it a bit. It has better sweeps on its normals and they added a high pitch whine as it cuts through enemies, while still letting you stunlock single targets with the special attack.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

This game is fun as poo poo, poxbursters launching you into orbit is the new best thing. Don't remember them launching you so far in the weekend beta.

https://clips.twitch.tv/CreativeMagnificentRutabagaBabyRage-9ma_reybAZMzLpRm

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

TwatHammer posted:

This game is fun as poo poo, poxbursters launching you into orbit is the new best thing. Don't remember them launching you so far in the weekend beta.

Had a run where multiple poxbursters got us on one of the rooms thats all narrow bridges over a chasm and they pingponged us between the different bridges, total run ender.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Sharkopath posted:

Had a run where multiple poxbursters got us on one of the rooms thats all narrow bridges over a chasm and they pingponged us between the different bridges, total run ender.

Also had one where a single burster blew 3 of us off a bridge into instant death. Truly the comedy options of specials.

Pasha
Nov 9, 2017

Broken Cog posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the end of round weapon rewards, or are they completely random?

Are there end of round weapon rewards? I have gotten a few items, but I assumed that it was due to leveling up.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Don't like the braced autogun that much, an AK with high firerate that replaces the ability to zoom with holding the gun steady and getting more controlled rapid fire in close to mid. Its a lot of fun but probably better for zealots as a good midrange utility weapon, for veteran I prefer the more accurate weapons for the good counterfire and elite picking ability.

More of an early game weapon but I thought the atrox tactical ax, the tomahawk looking one, was a lot of fun and very useful. Recommend you try it out if you see one in the market.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 19, 2022

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

TwatHammer posted:

Mutants can be terrifying around ledges, as it seems there's a few ways for their grapple animation to play out that end with you tossed in different directions.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I charged at two charging poxbursters last night to see if you can bounce them back with it (you cannot) and they both exploded in succession, causing me to skip over the first one, bounce off the second, then fly across the map. It was awesome.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

On the one hand, a bit unfair. Then again, having a daemon throw you right into the void beyond the world is quite appropriate.

https://i.imgur.com/Prl5w7H.mp4

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Broken Cog posted:

So I had some trouble getting the "Kill a Mutant while using your charge" penance with Preacher. Did it twice and neither triggered, but now I see the steam achievement mentions that the mutant needs to be charging as well?
Anyone done this achievement?

I tried every variation with a friend group corralling lone mutants for like an hour, then gave up and got it accidentally like 5 minutes later

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
What's the mix of classes people are seeing? I'm seeing a lot of psykers and veterans, not many zealots and pretty few ogryns?

Psykers axe rules, very meaty and heavy feeling.

Ogryns ranged weapons are actually pretty good, the flak gun and grenade launcher are both really strong. His melee weapons are fine but don't feel as cruncht as you'd think

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Sharkopath posted:

More of an early game weapon but I thought the atrox tactical ax, the tomahawk looking one, was a lot of fun and very useful. Recommend you try it out if you see one in the market.
I've been using that on my Zealot and yeah it owns. Unlike other axes it's decent at both cleaving and single target damage with its heavies, making it a great all-rounder.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pigbottom posted:

I think that's my biggest complaint with the game so far. And they for sure have those numbers available, because somehow they need to balance the game, so there was a conscious choice by someone to use those idiotic bars everywhere.

For what's worth that screen is specifically WIP and was called out as such on the dev blog talking about their roadmap to release.

Sayara
May 10, 2009

terrorist ambulance posted:

What's the mix of classes people are seeing? I'm seeing a lot of psykers and veterans, not many zealots and pretty few ogryns?

Psykers axe rules, very meaty and heavy feeling.

Ogryns ranged weapons are actually pretty good, the flak gun and grenade launcher are both really strong. His melee weapons are fine but don't feel as cruncht as you'd think

I've seen pretty equal distribution of everything, and I'm often the only vet in the group.

I've gotten 0 exp in last 5 games I've played, failed 3, completed 2. Is that intended? I've gotten money from all of them, though.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

JBP posted:

How do you make a grenade blow up before it hits the ground lol

The best thing you can do is like spend 3 minutes in the meat grinder practicing a long range grenade toss.

In that map, if you go all the way to an edge, and then with a grenade, get the line to end half a body height above the enemy, it should explode in mid air.

Once you get a feel for what that looks like, you'll see it pop up all over the place in maps.

I practiced for a bit, and then got it within the next 6 or so missions.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Heard a lot of people talking about how they nerfed psycher and now you can't just sit at 100% charge all the time, but I did some testing and the charge that you can safely charge a brain burst from is ~97%. So it's not really that different, unless the beta allowed you to just charge straight up at 100%

Dwarf Named Magnus
Jul 27, 2019
just finished a match where a sniper spawned under a bridge with small holes in it and almost took out half the team, a chaos spawn spat out another player inside a wall (they had to leave the match later so we could start an elevator) and a bulwark was waiting for us immediately outside the elevator

good times

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I just noticed in the Meat Grinder that it tells you what DPS you achieved while killing that dummy once you do kill it. Kinda nice to see what's effective against certain enemies. At least with the shovel and my current loadout, taking out Maulers with repeated light attacks anywhere on the body seems to be the most efficient way. The 12-6 downward charged swing does extra damage but it's hard to hit on a moving target and takes time to charge up so overwhelming them with light attacks without really bothering to aim seems to be the way to go.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Sharkopath posted:

Atrox axe is fuckin’ legit. Super quick attacks, nice overheads for its normals and push attack, and its heavy string has a bit of cleave to it which is hard to come by on axes typically. Definitely recommend for anyone who hasn’t tried it yet.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

You can use the "go here" marker that comes up in a big purple gps marker on screen too thats pretty drat hard to miss even with all the other visual clutter going on. I always put that on ammo crates/medpacks Ive deployed and even the goldfish-est of pubbies seems to find it.

The UI probably needs something that slaps the player in the face and goes "HEY FUCKO THAT IS MISSING HEALTH THERE IS A MACHINE HERE THAT WILL RESTORE YOUR HEALTH"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr0xwGngyvs

Maybe give them a really obvious noise you can hear from a distance so this happens less

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=secJHhABrT0

e: this whole team was over level 10

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 19, 2022

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Better UI will definitely help, but I've also run into people who straight up say they don't want heals. And it's too low to be good for Zealot. Maybe people think the Zealot passive needs a lot less health than it does at low levels? I dunno. It also seems to be the same people who just press W and sprint through the levels. I remember Vermintide being like this early on and those people either mellowed out or moved on to different games. I think going to the higher difficulties alleviates it a bit as they lose those matches a lot more and get frustrated.

I do also wonder if it's people chasing Penances? Some of them seem like they're designed to make people essentially play against the game.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Also one person in our group said they thought the game called them Medicaid stations, and now our whole group can't stop accidentally calling them that. And now you will too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I like playing Psyker but I can't stand the high Peril alert sounds anymore :(

Coquito Ergo Sum
Feb 9, 2021

I think some people skip the Medicaid Stations because of "What if we need it later." I have to fight off the urge to think "But if I heal myself, the game director will come down harder on the team."

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Internet Explorer posted:

Better UI will definitely help, but I've also run into people who straight up say they don't want heals. And it's too low to be good for Zealot. Maybe people think the Zealot passive needs a lot less health than it does at low levels? I dunno. It also seems to be the same people who just press W and sprint through the levels. I remember Vermintide being like this early on and those people either mellowed out or moved on to different games. I think going to the higher difficulties alleviates it a bit as they lose those matches a lot more and get frustrated.

I do also wonder if it's people chasing Penances? Some of them seem like they're designed to make people essentially play against the game.

I'd say its a tunnel vision thing, I've lost missions where all we had to do was head to extraction. But when someone gets downed people split their decision making, then try recovering the guy instead of heading for the dropship.

Also got this thing, so few shots but can down specials in 2-4 shots if they humans.

edit: Also how do you even equip weapon cosmetics?

Drakes fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 19, 2022

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Man, for anyone worried about Veteran's focus on ranged power, don't be. Their [F] skill is insanely useful for finding and picking off specials before they get too close.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I know :fatshark: but have we figured out what +1 or +2 stamina does in a game that shows stamina by percentages? I vaguely remember seeing pips under the stamina bar but I can't remember if those are just slices of 100% or if each pip represents 1 or 2 stamina.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Going to another class after playing Ogryn for 8 hours feels super weird.
Everything is so big, the ground is so close!

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

Broken Cog posted:

Going to another class after playing Ogryn for 8 hours feels super weird.
Everything is so big, the ground is so close!

Also, every swing is a headshot.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Pennsylvanian posted:

Man, for anyone worried about Veteran's focus on ranged power, don't be. Their [F] skill is insanely useful for finding and picking off specials before they get too close.
and they have a feat (why aren't they called perks or traits? - same reason sell is called discard I guess) that shares the vision with allies in coherency

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

I know :fatshark: but have we figured out what +1 or +2 stamina does in a game that shows stamina by percentages? I vaguely remember seeing pips under the stamina bar but I can't remember if those are just slices of 100% or if each pip represents 1 or 2 stamina.

From what I can tell you have four stamina like you had four shields, a push is 25%, blocking seems to take various amounts. I feel like having an extra stam trinket on has let me block res in places I shouldn’t and I miss it when experimenting with other stuff.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

+1 stamina definitely adds another bar to your stamina while keeping the % at 100. I had a +2 stam trinket for a while that was very useful on my zealot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Bussamove posted:

+1 stamina definitely adds another bar to your stamina while keeping the % at 100. I had a +2 stam trinket for a while that was very useful on my zealot.

Good to know, thank you! I wonder if it's going to be as significant as it was in Vermintide. I haven't seen any block cost reduction yet, but it's still early.