Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sanctum posted:

Putting dendro aside, DPS Heizou is legitimately strong I can hit for 40k anemo with his skill and 25k on his burst every 12s. But the suction ain't there and grouping is kinda a big deal in this game. Sucrose, Venti, and Kazuha all have on-demand suction. Having no suction really sucks. :haw:

Healer Heizou is legit with the proto amber thanks to his low burst energy. All you need is ER and EM and any damage is just extra. But he's out-classed by Jean and Sayu and I just prefer Sayu in almost every case because she can close distances quickly in the abyss which matters on spread out floors and bosses who can teleport across the chamber. Sayu is also the obvious pick for the overworld. Heizou is a good healer I just don't see him surpassing existing ones.

Heizou's pull does leave a bit to be desired, but it's definitely better than nothing (esp at C2), and he pretty much has it all the time with PA.

As a healer, he does need assistance from another party member to be fully sustaining. That just needs to be a shield or XQ providing a smidge of extra mitigation. Combine that with good dodging, and he's more than enough, while providing great offensive support the stronger healers don't.

After moving Yelan to my hyperbloom team, Raiden took her spot on my Teizou Abyss team. Even with a squishier team and smaller PA heals (due to losing Hydro resonance), he comfortably kept my party healthy through side 1

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
After marginal testing, yeah, Layla works perfectly on the Raiden bloom team. But so does anyone that doesn't mess with it, so...:effort:
Another one of the characters of all time.

Gonna mess with Heizou and Thoma to see if 4 cons improve them noticeably. Apparently Thoma burgeon is a pretty good counterpart to Shinobu hyperbloom, but picking up 2 unplanned characters has left me completely drained of exp books lol

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

AParadox posted:

I like yae, sara, kazuha/sucrose and a flex slot, usually kokomi. Great all purpose abyss team and quite good at sniping some of the annoying bosses, like the geo dog and the robot snake. You do need to use sara skill CA every now and then to get yae ult on cd.

https://i.imgur.com/VEG6seC.mp4
That's interesting I never thought about Sara. Is kokomi just for that BS Golden Pooplord boss? Throwing hydro around haphazardly can be risky before a setup swirl. If you accidentally swirl hydro only then you can't go back and swirl electro afterwards because of Kazuha's elemental priority. Whenever I'm running electro-charged with Ayato / Kazuha / Fischl / Kokomi I'll apply 1) hydro -> 2) electro and swirl with Kazuha to guarantee both elements get swirled simultaneously.

I'm just realizing aggravate might have a fundamental issue with how dendro sucks up hydro meaning any taser setup that relies on swirling both hydro+electro isn't gonna work unless someone figures out some trick that makes it work reliably.

e:
Well this abyss floor 12 is absolutely brutal so maybe that's not fair to healer Heizou. Heizou's healing is enough in most situations, not against something insane like 12 rifthounds on 12-1. Heizou's 40 energy burst is way more reliable than Nahida with her 50 energy burst because he's anemo. Like every anemo user Heizou is an elemental particle generating machine so he doesn't need much energy to be reliable.

Sanctum fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Nov 19, 2022

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Got the 1-in-3 on Layla. I'd like some constellations for Heizou too, but my pity count is already at 41, and if I quit while I'm ahead, I might be able to squeeze a 50-50 on Wanderer into my plans.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sushibandit posted:

Not colorblind myself, but it crossed my mind while doing them. If you haven't gotten through them yet there are various articles avaialble for the "optimal" strategy which list what row/column and what action to take, which should let you finish.

Yeah, I just looked up the solution (and so far there hasn't been another puzzle with the same bad color combo).

That really stood out to me because it was weirdly bad and my colorblindness isn't that severe. Games frequently have some color issues, but it's usually just a matter of it being hard to quickly distinguish between colors. I think this is the first time I can remember literally being incapable of telling the difference between colors side by side, though. I was staring as hard as I could and changing brightness settings on my phone and still couldn't tell the difference, even after having it pointed out to me in the solution I found online.

It's also a situation where it should be extremely easy to have high contrast, since there are only 3 colors.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Sanctum posted:

Well this abyss floor 12 is absolutely brutal so maybe that's not fair to healer Heizou. Heizou's healing is enough in most situations, not against something insane like 12 rifthounds on 12-1. Heizou's 40 energy burst is way more reliable than Nahida with her 50 energy burst because he's anemo. Like every anemo user Heizou is an elemental particle generating machine so he doesn't need much energy to be reliable.

Yeah, he needs very little ER to use his burst on cooldown, especially at C4. And it's baked into his rotation, so you never have to stop DPSing to heal up. He just doesn't have much in terms of an "oh poo poo" emergency heal, so against stuff like Kenki or lawachurls, you need to manage dodges/bursts well. That's not a problem with me, because part of the fun is timing bursts to dodge big hits.

Sanctum posted:

not against something insane like 12 rifthounds on 12-1

He was enough for the 12-1-1 hound assault (with XQ's help of course)!

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

So what artifacts are good for Yae? Everything I can find offers conflicting info, like one place saying Emblem of Severed Fate is the best for her versus another place saying Emblem is absolutely terrible on her.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

serefin99 posted:

So what artifacts are good for Yae? Everything I can find offers conflicting info, like one place saying Emblem of Severed Fate is the best for her versus another place saying Emblem is absolutely terrible on her.

Is there a dendro character on the team?

Yeah: Gilded Dreams
Nah: Severed Fate

Note: There should probably be a dendro on the team, but sometimes there isn't.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Sanctum posted:

That's interesting I never thought about Sara. Is kokomi just for that BS Golden Pooplord boss? Throwing hydro around haphazardly can be risky before a setup swirl. If you accidentally swirl hydro only then you can't go back and swirl electro afterwards because of Kazuha's elemental priority. Whenever I'm running electro-charged with Ayato / Kazuha / Fischl / Kokomi I'll apply 1) hydro -> 2) electro and swirl with Kazuha to guarantee both elements get swirled simultaneously.

I'm just realizing aggravate might have a fundamental issue with how dendro sucks up hydro meaning any taser setup that relies on swirling both hydro+electro isn't gonna work unless someone figures out some trick that makes it work reliably.

Opening the fights with yae turrets will have one guy with electro aura or electro charged so even if kazuha infuses hydro you will still be getting electro or double element swirls on demand. Double element swirl em Kazuha can do some serious damage while kokomi helps a lot with electro shields and can kill most electro immune mooks in reasonable time.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

If Yae’s not on a dendro team, I prefer 2xTF and 18% Atk on her.

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012
I personally prefer 2p emblem then tf>em>18% atk 2p.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I ran Yae for a long time with 2x TF and 2x Noblesse, it got the job done.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

This photo taking event is very chill, I like it. It's not difficult or anything, but it's the type of thing you can get really creative with

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Attempting to build a damage Layla really exposes the world of hurt that is the lack of a 4 star HP secondary stat sword. There's just no good combination (no, I'm not putting my jade cutter on her)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, wishing time.

(10) Heizou C6 (20) Diluc C2 Layla C0

poo poo, I already got her, and that C2 looks great. I'm gonna put in another 20, why not?

(10) Yae Miko C0 Layla C1 (10) Heizou C7 (20) Thoma C2 Stringless

Well holy poo poo! I still haven't gotten two 5*s in a single 10 pull yet but this is just like when I got Jean right before Raiden! Well, sick, now I can use her over Fischl for my friendship teams and not be struggling through the process.

I'm probably gonna put another one or two wishes in a week when I have more than 31 rolls to my name.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Nov 19, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

I took the quick start on an event for the first time with the Fungi one. Is this just sort of creating some sort of separate world instance that then reverts to the normal one after the event or something? It seemed to teleport me when I activated it. Like it hasn't cleared any flags permanently I would assume in order to get to it or skipped anything by the looks of it. I'll probably still be done the Archon Quest by the end of 2.2, just kind of doubting in a week with reasonable time to finish the event if I get busy which is why I figured I needed to do the quick start.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Attempting to build a damage Layla really exposes the world of hurt that is the lack of a 4 star HP secondary stat sword. There's just no good combination (no, I'm not putting my jade cutter on her)

She does get free Crit Rate off Harbinger of Dawn, at least.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Nyaawn posted:

This photo taking event is very chill, I like it. It's not difficult or anything, but it's the type of thing you can get really creative with

Yeah, it rules. It's hard to get good action shots without TAS-level frame-perfect inputs, but that hasn't stopped me from trying.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
It's kinda weird that they wouldn't count Kazuha as a character from Liyue, but also refused to count Thoma as from Mondstadt.

The photo events are fun, but also mostly make me wish they'd just record like 5s from the shutter and let you jog/shuttle through that to find the right frame, or at least take a quick burst and let you pick one from that… That'd be an absolute nightmare to implement, and drat near no-one'll use it; so they never will, but it would be nice. This one's definitely an improvement though, I don't think the last one fixed the camera this way?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
The coolest Bennett has ever looked in his life:

Zenostein posted:

It's kinda weird that they wouldn't count Kazuha as a character from Liyue, but also refused to count Thoma as from Mondstadt.

The photo events are fun, but also mostly make me wish they'd just record like 5s from the shutter and let you jog/shuttle through that to find the right frame, or at least take a quick burst and let you pick one from that… That'd be an absolute nightmare to implement, and drat near no-one'll use it; so they never will, but it would be nice. This one's definitely an improvement though, I don't think the last one fixed the camera this way?
I think a burst mode should be reasonably doable, at least. I'd love to see that and this fixed camera added to the regular photo mode, too.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I've been getting 36* comfortably in Abyss since Ayato came out with Yae/Fischl/Zhongli/Ayato. It's a very lazy team where you barely have to do anything and everything dies. Strong recommend.

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013
Thoma's whole schtick is that when things started getting bad in Inazuma he had to choose between staying in Inazuma or getting on a boat back to Mondstadt, and he chose to stay. He's basically a naturalized Inazuman citizen by now.

I don't know much about Kazuha, but I doubt he has much loyalty to Liyue either.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

RareAcumen posted:

Finally, wishing time.

(10) Heizou C6 (20) Diluc C2 Layla C0

poo poo, I already got her, and that C2 looks great. I'm gonna put in another 20, why not?

(10) Yae Miko C0 Layla C1 (10) Heizou C7 (20) Thoma C2 Stringless

Well holy poo poo! I still haven't gotten two 5*s in a single 10 pull yet but this is just like when I got Jean right before Raiden! Well, sick, now I can use her over Fischl for my friendship teams and not be struggling through the process.

I'm probably gonna put another one or two wishes in a week when I have more than 31 rolls to my name.

I’ve never gotten two, but I do remember pulling hard for Xiao, losing the coin toss to Qiqi, and being real mad. Took a couple days off, came back, tossed the last three wishes I had into the Xiao banner and lo and behold he shows up on pull 3.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
i’m kind of sad that layla’s normals feel really good to use, they have a nice bounce and flow to them. i’d be tempted to pull at least one of her to try and see how badly she’d flub a phys damage build, but i’m not trying to use my scaramouche savings

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Zenostein posted:

Does Childe count as Mondstadt? I forgot to check. I'm guessing they go off of the type of vision they have to determine their country of origin.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

No Wave posted:

Does Childe count as Mondstadt? I forgot to check. I'm guessing they go off of the type of vision they have to determine their country of origin.

He'd be snez. if they go by origin, I think generally the game counts him as liyue? But it also usually counts kazuha as liyue, so who can say. (Also I don't have him, so I couldn't go check).

sandorius posted:

Thoma's whole schtick is that when things started getting bad in Inazuma he had to choose between staying in Inazuma or getting on a boat back to Mondstadt, and he chose to stay. He's basically a naturalized Inazuman citizen by now.

I don't know much about Kazuha, but I doubt he has much loyalty to Liyue either.

Kazuha is basically a stateless wanderer, except he's sticking with the crux, which is very much a liyue institution. He certainly does not care much about inazuma, as the game has repeatedly pointed out.

But if they're going to say that thoma isn't from mondstadt but instead belongs to his chosen inazuma, then by that logic kazuha should count as liyue. It strikes me as oddly inconsistent.

The little effect for the clam's bubble popping is pretty nice, when you can just sit around and look at it. Also, I wish Albedo had cooperated and drawn a mountain instead of a flower from the wrong country. Incidentally, looking at these filesizes/resolutions, I can't help but feel like genshin would run better/load faster on my ps4 if it was running at the crap resolution I have the system set to, rather than 4k.

Unrelated to the photo event: 1) Slightly disappointed this guy didn't have something to say about her coming home, and 2) for most of Sumeru I've been wondering who the hell Lord Sangemah Bay is. Turns out it's Dori, and somehow they've managed to avoid saying her full name anywhere in game except the character page.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Blew half my f2p wishes and got diluc and layla on the first ten pull :toot: and then c9 thoma and c1 heizou, and now I'm afraid to push my luck since I want to conserve my pity. All in all good, a good run on this banner in the first twelve hours of it being up, now to resist temptation for another three weeks.

gandlethorpe posted:

she lets my Heizou and Yelan (and Chong ofc) run together in an overworld freeze team.

Pro tip: Yelan's hold E can proc Layla's star generation on her E twice

Hey this is the same party I ended up using for layla, cheers.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

The character's in-game nationality is whatever their vision design is from. Kazuha and Thoma are Inazuma, Tart is Snezhnaya, Scara is probably gonna be Sumeru. Mechanically it's pretty simple.

Zenostein posted:

He'd be snez. if they go by origin, I think generally the game counts him as liyue? But it also usually counts kazuha as liyue, so who can say.

I can say! I used to use lithic weapons with Xiangling and Beidou back in the day, and Tart never boosted them up. It was pretty disappointing!

Edit: Thinking about how Xingqiu got passed over for a liyue sword, even though he's from liyue and a lot of his teams have multiple liyue characters. And also for an inazuma sword, even though he's a burst focused water user whose teams usually have high total burst costs. It's not fair :negative:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 19, 2022

Kale
May 14, 2010

sandorius posted:

I thought it was because he has burning loyalty towards the Kamisato wonder twins. Kazuhas loyalty is to Beidou which is why he chose to stay there even though things have calmed down in Inazuma and he could probably even get his clans titles back and such

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Zenostein posted:

Unrelated to the photo event: 1) Slightly disappointed this guy didn't have something to say about her coming home, and 2) for most of Sumeru I've been wondering who the hell Lord Sangemah Bay is. Turns out it's Dori, and somehow they've managed to avoid saying her full name anywhere in game except the character page.

Well, she says it in her basic-rear end teapot conversation, too. All the good stuff's in the teapot.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Dori also said it in the fungi event didn't she? I forgot that it was connected to that location.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

MajorBonnet posted:

Dori also said it in the fungi event didn't she? I forgot that it was connected to that location.

yes, when you go buy special reagents from her

sandorius
Nov 13, 2013

Kale posted:

I thought it was because he has burning loyalty towards the Kamisato wonder twins. Kazuhas loyalty is to Beidou which is why he chose to stay there even though things have calmed down in Inazuma and he could probably even get his clans titles back and such

Yeah, it was Ayato who told him it was a good time to GTFO:

"Ten years ago, when the Yashiro Commission’s Kamisato Clan was losing its power.
Kamisato Ayato, who was embroiled in the dispute over the succession rights of the clan due to the death of both parents, told Thoma:
“Now that the situation in Inazuma is unclear, the trouble the Kamisato Clan faces will only increase. You are someone who can see what’s at stake, so if you don’t want to get involved, leave early.”
Could Thoma, who had received so many favors from the Kamisato Clan, just leave like that? Choosing to leave would mean that he would have to return to his ordinary, stable life with regrets and guilt.
The storm was imminent, and Thoma was like a leaf drifting in the sea.
But after much deliberation, Thoma’s answer was:
“If I leave at this time, I will lose my loyalty and righteousness. Father has always taught me to be a loyal and righteous man… I would like to do my best to do my part for the young master and the young lady. You will certainly need me as a helper in the path you embark on in the future.”
The will to burn for loyalty and righteousness forged a strong desire that drew the attention of the gods.
As if to respond to Thoma’s choice — on this night of divergent destinies, a Vision, bright red like a blaze, appeared beside him."

Of course, reading this requires you to get Thoma to friendship 6, so I'm not surprised people still think of him as a Mondstadter.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, but when she said that I mostly thought she was talking about someone else, until I got her and looked. That line was actually what reminded me that I still had no idea who the hell Lord S.B. was, despite various people mentioning the name at the exchanges.

Glazius posted:

Well, she says it in her basic-rear end teapot conversation, too. All the good stuff's in the teapot.

This is a good reminder that I need to pop her in there, thanks.

e: ↑↑↑ One day, I will actually read those profile things I've unlocked. Probably.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Scara was very weak and faruzan was beyond ridiculous. She continuously generated particles while applying a shenhe buff and a gorou buff and a venerer effect, from off field. And Scara was a hovering heizou, I don't get how they even got to beta with the power distribution that they had.

We were so close to Anemo Bennet :negative:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I guess I'll pick the greatsword for this bp cycle, it's the only one i don't have besides the bow and I think the bow is bad?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

(I think Fischl is my MVP and has been used by far the most of any of my characters)

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Nyaawn posted:

I guess I'll pick the greatsword for this bp cycle, it's the only one i don't have besides the bow and I think the bow is bad?

The bow is actually good for Childe I think, depending on your use case.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Well poo poo, I took a second bow since I have one of everything. I figured crit bow? I’m sure it’s good for someone! Given all the bow users.

Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Saxophone posted:

Well poo poo, I took a second bow since I have one of everything. I figured crit bow? I’m sure it’s good for someone! Given all the bow users.

Ah well.

It's really nice on Tighnari. Since every single one of his arrows counts as a hit, it always triggers the passive.