Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What hot hatch do you own?
This poll is closed.
Golf GTI / R / R32 196 0.02%
Impreza WRX / STi 133 0.01%
Mazdaspeed 3 92 0.01%
Veloster Turbo 20 0.00%
Focus ST 149 0.01%
Other Hot Hatch 230 0.02%
Elantra GT 1000001 99.92%
Total: 1000821 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Rhyno posted:

So the FiST started smoking a bit, it looked blue tinted so I hoped it was the turbo and not the head gasket. I was thankfully correct, Ford service is quoting a full turbo replacement. He's also submitting it under power train but there's an aftermarket wastegate which may cause the warranty to be denied. But money isn't really the issue.

The parts are on b/o and not expected til December. So in the case that the warranty claim is denied and i have to pay out of pocket I may as well go aftermarket. So....

what the hell should i go with

S280 for sure. 300 horsies outta the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

S280 for sure. 300 horsies outta the box.

Pros vs the Mountune?
https://www.mountuneusa.com/Fiesta-St-Mrx-Turbocharger-Upgrade-p/2364-tu-bwa.htm

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I dunno, you’re gonna have to do the math on this one. I’ve never even heard of the Mountune setup. Really only know about the Pumaspeed X37.

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/products/turbo-technics-s280-bolt-on-turbo-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Car is still at the dealer, they're still waiting on Ford Warranty to decide if it's covered.

In the meantime, Fitment has a pretty rockin sale on Fifteen52 wheels. I am extremely tempted to grab these

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/b...uspension=Stock

Edit: I bought them.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Nov 13, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Update: Ford is covering the turbo under warranty. All I have to pay for is a part transfer because of the aftermarket waste gate on the current turbo that needs to be moved to the new one.

Only kicker is the turbo is on backorder and it might be a month before they get the parts.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

That’s pretty good news all told. Also 1 month backorder seems great for right now fwiw. I am
Looking at 8-12 weeks for some bmw parts lol.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Rhyno posted:

Update: Ford is covering the turbo under warranty. All I have to pay for is a part transfer because of the aftermarket waste gate on the current turbo that needs to be moved to the new one.

Only kicker is the turbo is on backorder and it might be a month before they get the parts.
Wow, I'm honestly amazed it was accepted. I'd have assumed that even with a mod-friendly dealer any modifications directly related to the turbo would be "guilty until proven innocent" since the component would no longer be operating under OEM specs. Congrats!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah I am shocked and relieved.

The ETA on the part is optimistic lol.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
The dealership replaced my right headlight under warranty last year, it broke again earlier this year in May? I think. I'm still waiting on a replacement with no ETA. At least it's only the DRL's that don't work.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Had a bolt on the sway bar loosen up over the weekend, just out of the blue. That made for some fun sounds.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Anyone see a GR Corolla in the wild yet?

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Mill Village posted:

They're not shipping yet as far as I've seen - they're just now going into dealer allocation.
There's been something like 15 VINs assigned for the US so far so I'm guessing we won't see any this year.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Yeah I'm hearing the same refrain from my western US dealer that I've heard for a while; namely that my order is "still moving forward" with Toyota but they don't have any allocations yet.

Alzabo
Oct 23, 2002

You watched it, you can't unwatch it.
I "was first on the list" at over 15 Washington Toyota dealers when I reached out in Jan 2022.

Have kept in contact w/ most of them with a nudge once or twice since then. Not one has reached out with an update for me.

It's getting hard to wait, I can just order an M2 right now and have a fair idea of when my car will arrive.

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Mill Village posted:

No, but I've moved to Switzerland recently and seen either two or three GR Yarii. Dunno if I saw two grey ones, or one grey one twice in two different parking spots. Also the red one is gorgeous.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Alzabo posted:

It's getting hard to wait, I can just order an M2 right now and have a fair idea of when my hideously ugly abomination of a car will arrive.

Fixed.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

That's not fair. It's not an M4, so while it's hideous and ugly, calling it an abomination is going too far.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

PeterWeller posted:

That's not fair. It's not an M4, so while it's hideous and ugly, calling it an abomination is going too far.

Agree to disagree, I guess (M4 is an abomination also).

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

I think the M4 and it’s big mouth looks better than the new M2. High praise.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

on one hand hand the m4 can make up for being ugly with the extremely good isle of man green

but on the other hand the m2 can make up for being ugly with the veloster n blue

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Alzabo posted:

I "was first on the list" at over 15 Washington Toyota dealers when I reached out in Jan 2022.

Have kept in contact w/ most of them with a nudge once or twice since then. Not one has reached out with an update for me.

It's getting hard to wait, I can just order an M2 right now and have a fair idea of when my car will arrive.

supposedly they're only going to allocate 20 GRs for the entire PNW region, according to my buddy who is a toyota mechanic

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

i've never bought a set of brand new wheels before.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

:hellyeah:

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Rhyno posted:

drat, those look slick as hell. What’s the dimensions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

drat, those look slick as hell. What’s the dimensions?

17x7.5 +42 offset.

I know it's cliche on a FiST but I've loved the look since I first saw them.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Speaking of fords, does this count as a hot hatch? And why do I want it so much

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/3vJxZpWm/2014-ford-transit-connect-xlt

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

TheBacon posted:

Amazing. That's close enough that I'm trying to convince my brother to bid on it as a kid hauler.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Rhyno posted:

Fresh

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’m gonna look at an ‘18 FiST tomorrow. Love the Fit, but I kinda want something that has some extra hp and I can mod more.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Rhyno posted:

17x7.5 +42 offset.

I know it's cliche on a FiST but I've loved the look since I first saw them.

So stock tire size? Or like 210-215?
e: presumably 215, though you could apparently go as wide as 225

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Nov 19, 2022

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dr. Lunchables posted:

So stock tire size? Or like 210-215?

I believe it has 215 on it now on a set of same-sized Tarmacs. I'll have those swapped over til they need replacing and then figure out the next set then.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Rhyno posted:

SWEET. I've been looking at the 18" Fifteen52 Integrales to run when (if, lol) my goddamned GR arrives.
Pics when you mount them!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i will, but it'll be a minute. the new winter tires are going on the old wheels and those are going on as soon as I get the car back.

nitsuga
Jan 1, 2007

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I’m gonna look at an ‘18 FiST tomorrow. Love the Fit, but I kinda want something that has some extra hp and I can mod more.

:sickos:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Fit became FiST

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
Still trips me up that it's a five-door in the US.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TheBacon posted:

Because it owns?

Reminds me of the MS3 -> MZ5 swap https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15391593/return-of-the-boss-wagon-mazdaspeed-5/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Speed variants of everything would have ruled.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Speed variants of everything would have ruled.

It's a crime they never put the 2.3 MZR into the Miata of the time. It would have been such a riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

opengl posted:

It's a crime they never put the 2.3 MZR into the Miata of the time. It would have been such a riot.

fuckin for real. my NC was a blast to drive, with a power bump it would have been a beast.