Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I just tried ESPN+ for the first time and holy poo poo this video quality is worse dogshit garbage than the Flyers. It's like maximally compressed and blurred 720p. I never though I'd miss the janky as poo poo NHL streaming but when the 1080p60 streaming actually worked without stuttering it was great and basically indistinguishable from full 2k content (I'm not sure what resolution it actually broadcast at).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I haven't experienced that at all. I actually think the ESPN app is pretty good. It's all been either as good or better than the NHL app was. Maybe its your ISP or the device you're using to watch? 99% of the time I'm either watching it off an app on my PS4 or on a computer.

B Squad Leader
Nov 1, 2009

Spelling Mitsake posted:

Wasn't there a dude who kept getting penalites for having his visor tipped up too far? And he wasn't even required to wear one? Was it a Toronto player? Can't remember.

That's a Leo Komarov move

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Columbus does, too, for what it's worth.

...and are somehow 3-0-1 since bodies started hitting the floor en masse. :iiam:

Never underestimate the gumption of minor leaguers finally getting their chance in the NHL

Or everyone on the other team underestimating said minor leaguers

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I haven't experienced that at all. I actually think the ESPN app is pretty good. It's all been either as good or better than the NHL app was. Maybe its your ISP or the device you're using to watch? 99% of the time I'm either watching it off an app on my PS4 or on a computer.

I noticed a massive difference in video quality on my xbox back in the day when I had a nhl subscription vs what it looked like on a PC.. this was back in 2015 though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

eXXon posted:

I just tried ESPN+ for the first time and holy poo poo this video quality is worse dogshit garbage than the Flyers. It's like maximally compressed and blurred 720p. I never though I'd miss the janky as poo poo NHL streaming but when the 1080p60 streaming actually worked without stuttering it was great and basically indistinguishable from full 2k content (I'm not sure what resolution it actually broadcast at).

drat I've had the exact opposite experience, games come in great and actually maintain a smooth 60, which I literally never had with the NHL's loving garbage fire of a streaming service

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Good soup! posted:

drat I've had the exact opposite experience, games come in great and actually maintain a smooth 60, which I literally never had with the NHL's loving garbage fire of a streaming service

To be clear, I don't think the 60fps streaming on nhl.tv ever worked except on a Chromecast for reasons. It was great when it did though...

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I have plenty of bandwidth, but for some reason it does actually look significantly worse on Firefox (top) compared to Chrome (bottom) - see the artifacts around the Habs logo especially. I tried a bunch of streams including Bally and they're all about the same. Either way, TSN should look way better than this.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

Dillan McIllrath is on the Hershey Bears now. I wonder if he will drip the gloves tonight. It is a Hershey WBS game.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Tell me he got to wear this in practice. That's awesome.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

My complaint with ESPN+ is there appears to be no way to watch past games. Once the event is "ended" and they stop the post game coverage that game is gone from the app forever. If replays exist and the problem is I'm too dumb to find them please clue me in.

I loved the monthly grid that nhl.tv gave me. I could pick a day and watch any game that happened at that point.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I don't know about the app but they're on the website, e.g. yesterday's games are here (the interface is terrible though).

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I have been pleasantly surprised with Sportsnet Now and I can't believe I am typing those words given my great distate for Rogers Communications Inc.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Not Important posted:

Never underestimate the gumption of minor leaguers finally getting their chance in the NHL

Or everyone on the other team underestimating said minor leaguers

Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/DylanTyrer/status/1593798261554438144?t=13U2Z6J6VkRsz_eA4Ycy9w&s=19

Seems good. :stonk:

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

I’m trying to put together a last minute trip to Vegas for the Rangers/VGK game on 12/7. Any suggestions for tickets? It looks like the gametime app has some, but I haven’t used it before. Anything to look out for, or is it pretty safe/straightforward? If anyone’s going and want to meet up, let me know. It will be my daughter’s first game, so hopefully I can pull everything together in time.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I haven't been since the first year, but the main thing I remember is that the escalator to the upper levels had the steps and handrail a little out of sync causing you to readjust a bit. Hopefully that's been fixed by now :v:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Top AHL game scores for U24 guys:

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1593687858321231872

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1593687746249428992

Ty Smith!

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1589702965836713984

interesting (although, not surprising, he's 5'7) that guys like this still pass through waivers multiple times -- surely he could help some team.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

T-Bone posted:

Top AHL game scores for U24 guys:

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1593687858321231872

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1593687746249428992

Ty Smith!

https://twitter.com/JLStoller/status/1589702965836713984

interesting (although, not surprising, he's 5'7) that guys like this still pass through waivers multiple times -- surely he could help some team.

or that Kevin rooney and Trevor Lewis keep playing in the nhl when he could be taking their spot

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Folks, the Vancouver Canucks have not surrendered a powerplay goal in back to back games.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This rules super hard.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I wish NJ could erase the Palat signing and have that cap space back. They really don't need him and would have an extra $5-6m to work with. Echoing sentiments that this team with Gaudreau would be unfair.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fawning deference posted:

I wish NJ could erase the Palat signing and have that cap space back. They really don't need him and would have an extra $5-6m to work with. Echoing sentiments that this team with Gaudreau would be unfair.

Yeah that was definitely a desperation move. They could probably move him with some retention if he really doesn't fit in, or the buyout gets palatable in 2025

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I guess you could say that signing was unpalatable

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Twitter dying will steal moments like this from me:

https://twitter.com/BoltsJolts/status/1593746065379000320?s=20&t=YrdmcZF5O_RHoFS2S7zYTw

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1593990634720804864

Boy howdy, those sure are the names of some guys who allegedly play defense in the good ol' hockey game!

Three of the top five being Monsters/CBJ prospects gives me the warm and fuzzies on a cold day.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
With regretting the Palat signing in mind, what's the big difference for Jersey between last year and this? What's changed that they now look like world beaters?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/mark_scheig/status/1593990634720804864

Boy howdy, those sure are the names of some guys who allegedly play defense in the good ol' hockey game!

How dare you disrespect Seattle Kraken legend Gavin Bayreuther.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

With regretting the Palat signing in mind, what's the big difference for Jersey between last year and this? What's changed that they now look like world beaters?

They fired Mark Recchi.

(Only like 3 of their wins are against teams above .500. They've had an absurdly easy schedule, although yes they've played well during those games regardless. Boston's the same.)

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 19, 2022

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

John "the new piece" Marino and a 101 PDO rather than a 98

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the devils had good underlying metrics last year, although they were more in the lines of potential wildcard team as opposed to worldbeater. they're a good exercise in what happens when you give a borderline playoff team .886 goaltending. also, mark recchi ran the league's shittiest power play.

they've also quietly rebuilt their entire defense though savvy trades, and of course getting the big fish no one else wanted. i also don't think you can say enough about the impact of a healthy nico hischier.

corn on the cop fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 19, 2022

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
It’s all due to Lindy

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
It's all Andrew Brunette. No one else matters.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
any assistant coaches were better than the trail of bozos the devils had been parading around. brunette and mcgill certainly look the part.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think being fully healthy, their young stars elevating to elite, and a lot of their depth guys coming together and clicking is a big reason.

The rebuilt D as well -- Marino has been outstanding, Siegenthaler keeps improving and is now possibly the best defensive defenseman in the conference, Dougie is his normal self again. Their fourth line of Wood-McLeod-Bastian is fast, physical, wins a ton of faceoffs, and has some pop, and that has allowed NJ to roll four lines.

In short, the difference is that all the talent on paper that has kinda been there but never unleashed at full force with everyone being healthy and not getting historically bad goaltending has finally come together, all at once.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

He was playing really well in the few games before he got hurt... I don't think anyone could've predicted that Zetterlund would be this good though

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

I think he'll be pretty nice to have in the playoffs. It gets Bastian off the first PP too when he comes back

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

So Kucherov upgraded himself from a fat piece of poo poo to just a piece of poo poo?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
more prospect talk:

We got some good ones coming in the next couple of years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hky4LvO6Hys -- as good as Leo Carlsson looks Fantilli might be even better. This is gonna be the best top 4 in like 20 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM4azWPDwEU -- this is from when he was 13. He's 16 now and playing in the liiga. Likely #1 or #2 pick next year. That fake toe drag move he does is so loving funny, I hope he keeps doing it into the NHL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUyzq_yk9Bk 17 points in 14 games as a 15 year old in the OHL. Your classic Canadian prodigy. Looks a lot like a young Tavares.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Ginette Reno posted:

So Kucherov upgraded himself from a fat piece of poo poo to just a piece of poo poo?

GENERATIONAL piece of poo poo. :eng101:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Took less than a month before the 40-goal scorer Ottawa added this summer was playing with Derrick Brassard and Mathieu Joseph lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

The Wild placed Tyson Jost on waivers, and you know, I think Colorado should claim him.