Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If there really is a memory leak they should fix it the same way botw does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
That's a big loving olive

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
SMTV is absolute legendary simply due to this single track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZ8cGSZyDk

Someone described it as siren/alarm wave and I love that term so much. Anyways, I haven't been captured by a video game song in a very long time and I am obsessed with this track

gently caress it might be time to replay smtv

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Reached the first big city and absolute lmao 90% of tye shops are pubs/food stalls 10/10 this is truly PokéSpain.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

lmao

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

KingSlime posted:

SMTV is absolute legendary simply due to this single track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZ8cGSZyDk

Someone described it as siren/alarm wave and I love that term so much. Anyways, I haven't been captured by a video game song in a very long time and I am obsessed with this track

gently caress it might be time to replay smtv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NApN0GduuwM

i started playing strange journey on my emudeck but definitely time for a replay when that's done :amen:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There’s almost no chance they patch Pokémon is there ? I can’t think of Nintendo games being patched for performance

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
they'll probably patch the glitches but even if performance got improved it'd always be choppy

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

American McGay posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just that one guy who is posting very performatively and also being selective on which posts they reply to. Everyone else is strictly in the lol territory.

Yeah, that guy is an rear end.

But :lol: at that confirmed memory leak though, I guess I go back to Harvestella until that's fixed. :v:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

There’s almost no chance they patch Pokémon is there ? I can’t think of Nintendo games being patched for performance

I think botw was patched for performance, then at least once more to take advantage of the newly unlocked cpu for faster loading

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Didn’t SwSh get patched at one point or am I remembering wrong?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Switch is good.

I had a friend over yesterday who is really unfamiliar with games but seems to watch some Let's Plays. She asked to play Hollow Knight so we tried it out and she had trouble (I had to get the corpse back a few times), but she thought it was neat.

So then I tried Mario Party 2 with her and we had a blast cursing like pirates at the computer and its bullshit. "RNG" got her good too cause she kept coming up with 1's and 2's for dice rolls. Still we had a good time with it.

Also I bought Dread but I'm going to try not to play it just yet, I want to clear my docket just a bit. But I may replay HK after beating it because even I recognized some of what was happening in what we started up yesterday (got to the Greenway), it is just a delight to play.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Needing Gym Badges to make the pokemon you caught yourself obey you feels kind of out of place in a game where the whole point is to explore and do whatever you want.

e: It'd be one thing if the titan pokemon and team star stuff also increased this limit but no it's only gym badges?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sword/shield got a patch that did improve performance somewhat.

xenoblade 2 got a lot of performance patches also.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Don't demons in smtv call you names if they refuse to get recruited? Pokemon are just like "bulbasaur bulb bulb saur"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Don't demons in smtv call you names if they refuse to get recruited? Pokemon are just like "bulbasaur bulb bulb saur"

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIgoB2HD0t4

It was a good game!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

:lol::lol::lol:

But they spelled fuckboi wrong

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Smt5 owns. I was hoping we would get an enhanced/royal/whatever edition since it's definitely rushed in parts (it only has like 2 dungeons and there's a weird school part that feels like it's going to be a recurring dual-world or social element but never happens again) but hopefully the silence means they're making an equivalent of 4: apocalypse

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

WHY BONER NOW posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

But they spelled fuckboi wrong

They're trying, give them that much!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SMTV is great, I loved that game a lot. Its frame rate problems are just as bad as Pokemon's though, but at least with SMTV there is maybe a small chance it could later come to other platforms and we could enjoy it at 60fps instead of the 15 - 20fps it runs at on Switch.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Pokémon S/V is making me appreciate how SMTV opens up at the end of a high school day and the only time you return is when it’s on fire.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

I said come in! posted:

SMTV is great, I loved that game a lot. Its frame rate problems are just as bad as Pokemon's though, but at least with SMTV there is maybe a small chance it could later come to other platforms and we could enjoy it at 60fps instead of the 15 - 20fps it runs at on Switch.

Performance is nowhere near as bad as pokémon, just a little framey at times that's all. Nothing feels more sluggish than it should be except for maybe the transition into the menus, that has a weird pause

Meanwhile, in pokémon you see massive stutters just from panning the camera basically anywhere. I don't think it's been stable for me at all lol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I swear I see something wrong every time I look at the screen.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
That's you are reflection

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

I get good performance by keeping the camera overhead. If you try to put the camera at a low angle and see the horizon, it's about 15 FPS.

I appreciate the wide range of ages and body types, but considering that NPCs seem to cause one of the biggest framerate hits, I wonder if they should have lowered the population of towns. We don't need a kid walking around whose only line is "Ah, Pokémon!"

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
lol I bet game freak developed it with the Brilliant Diamond engine and just panned the camera down hence the really bad framerates and draw distance

somedude
Mar 27, 2011

There have been some. Breath of the Wild and (I think) Xenoblade 2 both got some performance improvement patches but they didn't eliminate all issues.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

All this talk and nobody has mentioned the two biggest flaws

The first is this pompadour

https://twitter.com/EvilBillMurray/status/1593800328784539648?t=2rsy5cpXfxZXyrS4_z8wOw&s=19

The second is that I have to watch battle animations now

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Pokemon spoiler from Kotaku:

Look at this smiling idiot. I hope he follows you around like a tiny golden god.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh gently caress I got drunk and ordered Persona 5 because it was only $30.

I still have SMTV, Pikmin 3, Harvestella, Bayo 3, Rouge Legacy 2 and god knows how many little indie games to get through.
Daddy loves a deal, I guess.

The only saving grace is that even though I buy tons of games, I almost never pay full price and end up selling them for 50%+ of their value.

STILL

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yeah, I gave up on managing my backlog, I just play whatever I feel like playing whenever I feel like playing it. I want to buy a new game? Let's do it. I want to go back to my backlog and play something from years ago? Why not, even if I drop it at the end of the night or the week I still had a good time.

I don't really beat most games, though I did see like a dragon to the end cuz that was a lot of fun

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Oh gently caress I got drunk and ordered Persona 5 because it was only $30.

I still have SMTV, Pikmin 3, Harvestella, Bayo 3, Rouge Legacy 2 and god knows how many little indie games to get through.
Daddy loves a deal, I guess.

The only saving grace is that even though I buy tons of games, I almost never pay full price and end up selling them for 50%+ of their value.

STILL

This sounds like a planned impulse buy. You got drunk knowing it would be an excuse for your purchase! And you're using a classic hoarder's excuse of resale value to further justify your actions! I'm calling you out, Goon.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fun Times! posted:

This sounds like a planned impulse buy. You got drunk knowing it would be an excuse for your purchase! And you're using a classic hoarder's excuse of resale value to further justify your actions! I'm calling you out, Goon.

Haha, it's mostly that I've been poor my whole life until recently and now can buy all the shiny poo poo I've always wanted (to a degree).

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Whoever said there's no grinding in Pokemon games: :wrong:

I'm getting absolutely smashed by this second gym leader (the water one) and will need to grind some trainer battles or at least mix up my party to beat this dude.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I'm getting absolutely smashed by this second gym leader (the water one) and will need to grind some trainer battles or at least mix up my party to beat this dude.

Get Grass Pokemon. Teralize Grass Pokemon. Win.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Rageaholic posted:

have you tried Getting Good?

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

ImpAtom posted:

weedcat best cat

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ImpAtom posted:

I picked the fire croc one as my starter. I've got a couple grass types, though they're lower level. Still probably need to grind lol

Augus posted:

have you tried Getting Good?
Never!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I picked the fire croc one as my starter. I've got a couple grass types, though they're lower level. Still probably need to grind lol

Never!

Honestly there are bucketloads of grass types just hanging out in fields, you can just catch something more level appropriate or just look for a Grass-colored Tera Raid Battle and punch it to get something that'll probably easily carry you.