Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'd disown a family member if I found out they thought the bee was funny. Babylon or Samantha

I tried to read one article to see how bad it was, and YOU HAVE TO LOG IN. Excuse me?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/thisis_progress/status/1592094813922689029?s=46&t=kDY8NRB43QoYS-eq2Vnmkg

Well then

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

MassRafTer posted:

I guess this is the kind of logo you'd expect from a MAGA guy.

https://twitter.com/realkevinkelly/status/1591797734771654657

But still hideous.

MANIFEST DESTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is progress clap clap clapclapclap

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

punk rock pro wrestling indeed

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

While Dubai and UAE are somewhat better than Saudi Arabia on human rights issues, they still snatch passport from foreign workers and queerfolk are still at high risk for state permissible violence.

I've had opportunities to work UAE that I've passed on because I felt my safety wasn't guaranteed.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Just remember, the problem isn't doing shows in the Middle East, the problem is being paid to do shows so a cruel government is legitimized. If they decided to do this on their own and aren't being paid to do this by a random billionaire... Well, it'd be really unlikely, but it'd be fine.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

coconono posted:

While Dubai and UAE are somewhat better than Saudi Arabia on human rights issues, they still snatch passport from foreign workers and queerfolk are still at high risk for state permissible violence.

I've had opportunities to work UAE that I've passed on because I felt my safety wasn't guaranteed.

Somewhat better.

You can have a slave.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/wcproofficial/status/1592241425009152001

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Anyone happen to know if Shiho Hong has any more US indie dates, or was he only there for a week? I've watched a little bit of his promotion PWS out of South Korea and it's not bad, but he has no matches listed since one GCW and one Defy show a couple weeks ago.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1592253701552758784
Excited for next month's Enjoy show, wish they had more shows instead of running 4/5 shows a year

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Did he make that GCW date that Janela mentioned on Twitter? It seemed to disappear so soon after it was posted.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ThisIs_Progress/status/1592448904041496576?t=1TApeJCS_tDnxpuyVnkd7g&s=33

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The explanation makes me more suspicious and previously I had just kind of shrugged at the announcement.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

The explanation makes me more suspicious and previously I had just kind of shrugged at the announcement.

Can't imagine why!

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoyJohnsonYeah/status/1592521964840980485

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

tl;dr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_JTzEppKy8

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

God this is such a bummer, I love Big Wavy and he doesn't deserve to have his show used as a diversity card by PROGRESS management.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

This is why you never label your business the punk rock version of anything. It's just going to end in you insisting that your Dubai show is very punk rock

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I know I'm not the first person to call Progress the Brewdog of wrestling but they are so much the loving Brewdog of wrestling.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

To be fair, the punk rock branding was put in place by different management wasn't it?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There is nothing more punk rock than selling out, if anything this is the most on-brand any promotion has ever been

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

To be fair, the punk rock branding was put in place by different management wasn't it?

I mean old management was explaining why their WWE partnership is very punk rock but yeah, I did totally forget about the management changes at the start of the year. What's up with Smallman now? Is he just involved with NXT Europe?

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

There is nothing more punk rock than selling out, if anything this is the most on-brand any promotion has ever been

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I mean old management was explaining why their WWE partnership is very punk rock but yeah, I did totally forget about the management changes at the start of the year. What's up with Smallman now? Is he just involved with NXT Europe?

Living in Orlando doing regular NXT stuff, I think.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Excited for next month's Enjoy show, wish they had more shows instead of running 4/5 shows a year

We probably weren't going to make this, but by the time my gf and I even talked about it the balcony level we were at last time was already sold out. Hope you have a good one, Im excited to see Big Game Leroy getting a bigger stage.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

more sad news from the G-Raver front.

https://www.wtaj.com/news/local-news/local-deathmatch-wrestler-jailed-after-drugs-were-found-police-report/

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Oh no not wish.com malakai black

https://twitter.com/youthnIust/status/1593781446082285568?t=jD0U-LF5IyG7dQFmyhRzrw&s=19

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I was watching the GCW show last night with a friend (who has seen a couple other GCW shows) and his brother who has never seen a GCW show in his life. This is the meme he made when G.Raver came out to the ring:

Malakai Black at home

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

G Raver was sweet when I met him years ago after the Cornette stuff but he was pretty loaded then. I can see why his former coworkers are fed up with him tho. Working high, stealing money, messy personal life(including DV), not how you succeed in the modern wrestling business.

I’m sorry I got sympy for people falling down addiction holes.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

coconono posted:

G Raver was sweet when I met him years ago after the Cornette stuff but he was pretty loaded then. I can see why his former coworkers are fed up with him tho. Working high, stealing money, messy personal life(including DV), not how you succeed in the modern wrestling business.

I’m sorry I got sympy for people falling down addiction holes.

Nah, it's good to have sympathy for them. People who laugh at addiction are pretty callous. Always liked G-Raver as a fan but I'm with you, dude needs help.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Has anyone hear with asthma ever had a reaction to the light-tube dust?

I have ringside tix for GCW tomorrow and my gf really wants to come, but has problems with asthma and is worried about the light tubes. Any advice should she skip it or is it NBD? Maybe bring a bandana or mask?

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I mean, mask up anyway.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Bonk posted:

I mean, mask up anyway.

Ive never had problems with the dust personally so i dont need one but i dont have asthma thats why i was asking, she will def be wearing one tho as she is determined to see some of her favs live

Kvlt! fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 19, 2022

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Kvlt! posted:

Has anyone hear with asthma ever had a reaction to the light-tube dust?

I have ringside tix for GCW tomorrow and my gf really wants to come, but has problems with asthma and is worried about the light tubes. Any advice should she skip it or is it NBD? Maybe bring a bandana or mask?

Mask up either way but I've never heard of that. Definitely mask up.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Thanks everyone! We'll bring some masks for sure.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kvlt! posted:

Ive never had problems with the dust personally so i dont need one but i dont have asthma thats why i was asking, she will def be wearing one tho as she is determined to see some of her favs live

The implication is that there's a really good reason to mask up when you're at a wrestling show, sat in close proximity with other people who probably aren't wearing masks & likely would attend even if they have an illness that is causing them to have a fever & cough & a loss of sense of taste.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

All the cool kids mask up so the authorities cant find the legit gangsters easily.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The implication is that there's a really good reason to mask up when you're at a wrestling show, sat in close proximity with other people who probably aren't wearing masks & likely would attend even if they have an illness that is causing them to have a fever & cough & a loss of sense of taste.

my dumbass thought everyone here was talking about the dust and didnt even think of COVID so ty for this lol

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

no tubes so no masks needed but we had a great show!! We got to meet Sawyer Wreck after the show who was super nice (my gfs favorite wrestler) and I finally got to be in the crowd for a Nick Gage walkout, so great show overall

the only lovely part was Chris Hamrick came out and used the F-slur during his match which clearly made all the other wrestlers/audience pretty uncomftorable. Manders immediately snatched the mic away after he said it thankfully, and GCW posted this after the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Kvlt! posted:

no tubes so no masks needed but we had a great show!! We got to meet Sawyer Wreck after the show who was super nice (my gfs favorite wrestler) and I finally got to be in the crowd for a Nick Gage walkout, so great show overall

the only lovely part was Chris Hamrick came out and used the F-slur during his match which clearly made all the other wrestlers/audience pretty uncomftorable. Manders immediately snatched the mic away after he said it thankfully, and GCW posted this after the show.

I was there too, up on the stage and Hamrick's promo really deflated the crowd. Thankfully everyone else in that scramble knew how to pick us back up. Manders and the company handled it the best they could and there was also this from Effy- https://twitter.com/EFFYlives/status/1594479826081136642

I am so happy Alec Price is getting noticed, dude is awesome!