Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

cr0y posted:

that's just how it is regardless of what projects or catastrophic issues we are dealing with.

I hate when catastrophes occur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Selling posts or likes is too obvious and not even as related to bandwidth or compute as you'd think.

What you want to do is sell boost and deboost. Give a discount for buying them for other accounts. Get paid for the forum wars you're starting on purpose by letting jorp and Babylon Bee back.

No reason to wait for boost and deboost to be implemented properly either. Just sell it now, who's going to be able to tell?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kingo Ligma posted:

They absolutely do, they just choose not to exercise it.

There aren't benevolent European billionaires deciding that everyone gets Sunday off for the lolz.

Grow some national genitals and stand up for yourselves.

Hey real quick shut the gently caress up you loving idiot.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Kingo Ligma posted:

I'm talking about countries that abolished monarchies that existed for 4 times longer than America has. I'm talking about the fact that most Americans do choose to be treated like slaves, and the majority of them are not African Americans. This response is ignorant of the entire history of the rest of the loving planet lol.

What an absolute wet turd.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

remember when he pondered that grimes was an AI simulation made perfectly for him by his own brain or something. lmao that was funny.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kingo Ligma posted:

They absolutely do, they just choose not to exercise it.

There aren't benevolent European billionaires deciding that everyone gets Sunday off for the lolz.

Grow some national genitals and stand up for yourselves.

drat homie never thought of that, thanks

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My rural county sheriff's department declared a state of emergency and instituted a 5pm curfew for civil unrest when BLM protests were happening in major cities literally thousands of miles away, but yeah, just grow some loving balls you limp dick americans.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

What the gently caress is Elon even doing. As a owner-level exec you never give a gently caress about their code, you pay plenty of other people to do that and you recognise they mostly know their poo poo. At most you say 'cut our server costs' or 'payroll is too high, get rid of deadweight'. In my career I've interacted and reported to a fair number of owners and c-level execs and not a single one ever gave a gently caress about the 'how' of what got done because it's too much loving cognitive load if you start having to learn implementational poo poo on top of your actual job which is invariably 'generate value for shareholders' or 'increase money go in, decrease money go out' depending on whether you're a public or private corp.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

It’s because Tony Stark can program. I wish I was kidding.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

To the country that just lost the right to abortion: why not fixed?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

hrm starting to think this "elon musk" character might be a bit of a dummy

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

:mods:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol That guy was from the mirror universe where everyone was evil though

Apt

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/jspujji/status/1593826125544816641?s=46&t=uSSWTfmqYa3tKjYqLL0PVA

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’ve cut all of my car maintenance costs by announcing that I’m not going to get oil changes, refill fluids or rotate tires anymore. I’m a genius! Why has no one else done this?

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Oh good you've read the entire thread

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Took me like 20 seconds to load twitter on desktop just now

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I cut 75% of my expenses by not paying for gas, electricity, or water any more.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No mention of what he did to revenue.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

I’ve cut all of my car maintenance costs by announcing that I’m not going to get oil changes, refill fluids or rotate tires anymore. I’m a genius! Why has no one else done this?

none of these vehicles have a battery that supersedes a basic lubricated engine

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Expecting record high profits at my restaurant now that I've fired all the cooks. Customers can even pay me $8 and I'll give them a little chef's hat, let them feed whatever they want to other guests

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Tea Party Crasher posted:

Expecting record high profits at my restaurant now that I've fired all the cooks. Customers can even pay me $8 and I'll give them a little chef's hat, let them feed whatever they want to other guests

I'm going to need everyone left to show me pictures of their top 10 chopped vegetables

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Its weird because with elon firing all the dead weight, and announcing his improvement plans on twitter, the stock price should go up, and offset the short term losses. wheres the elon magic?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/d_feldman/status/1594031306572238853
https://twitter.com/anally_retended/status/1593801875073253376

Wow. I'm sure the advertisers and media companies are ecstatic about this.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Listen, could a quote unquote "dummy" invent space travel and electric cars? Checkmate

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

kazil posted:

I'm going to need everyone left to show me pictures of their top 10 chopped vegetables

Also do any of you guys know how to get a liquor license. I know, I'm just testing to make sure you guys know

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Hahahah
its true
lol

Tea Party Crasher
Sep 3, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

wheres the elon magic?

His mana pool refreshes every time he has a child

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Yeah this is honestly a bigger deal than anything that’s happened so far

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

cynic posted:

What the gently caress is Elon even doing. As a owner-level exec you never give a gently caress about their code, you pay plenty of other people to do that and you recognise they mostly know their poo poo. At most you say 'cut our server costs' or 'payroll is too high, get rid of deadweight'. In my career I've interacted and reported to a fair number of owners and c-level execs and not a single one ever gave a gently caress about the 'how' of what got done because it's too much loving cognitive load if you start having to learn implementational poo poo on top of your actual job which is invariably 'generate value for shareholders' or 'increase money go in, decrease money go out' depending on whether you're a public or private corp.
He is the rich kid in elementary school that people are friends with to have access to infinite string cheeses and soda, plus video games and a huge front projection tv. Parents weren’t ever there. But 50 years old.

Lker
Oct 26, 2010

Especially FIFA and their upcoming World Cup broadcasts

GlobalMegaCorp
Jan 8, 2004

All this stupid twitter drama reminds me of the constant chaos under 4 years of trump. The good news is that while you couldn’t really shield yourself from the most powerful person in the world doing stupid poo poo on a daily basis, I can just delete my twitter account and remove myself from this constant noise with zero impact on my life

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

cynic posted:

Elon's entire reputation rests on the idea that he's a genius engineer actually doing the dirty work of making his products function, as opposed to the truth of the situation, that he's a complete dumbass who fell rear end-backwards into money and his only contribution is paying the real engineers who do the actual design and construction. This "code review" is a show to promote that idea, and he'll spend a couple hours with his hand thoughtfully on his chin acting like he understands what anyone is telling him. The sad part is that a lot of people are going to believe that he does.

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
what a dumb sad oval office

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CumBlast Radius Jr fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 19, 2022

Edwardly
Jun 28, 2011

I keep trying to view this tweet and it keeps failing to load.

Eventually it loaded. That's some entertainment.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Lker posted:

If this site doesn't die spectacularly at the World Cup I'm holding every one of you fucks who keep saying this accountable

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Lker posted:

Musk has even promised the best coverage

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1593727662228283393

CumBlast Radius Jr
Nov 1, 2022

by Azathoth
Hysterical

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Saw a guy today wearing a shirt that said "Elon University" and I got worried that it was like, an Elon fanboy joke, but turns out there's just an Elon University.

It was a real rollercoaster of emotions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

GlobalMegaCorp posted:

All this stupid twitter drama reminds me of the constant chaos under 4 years of trump. The good news is that while you couldn’t really shield yourself from the most powerful person in the world doing stupid poo poo on a daily basis, I can just delete my twitter account and remove myself from this constant noise with zero impact on my life

This is the healthiest way to go about it