Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

smackfu posted:

How do people feel about the Atari 2600 at $40 off? Does it go nicely with the NES?

I was really tempted because it's right in my nostalgia wheelhouse, but even with the $40 I still couldn't do it. The game carts with graphics are perfect and the little scenes including the game room are nice touches but I don't think I'd be interested unless it was in the $150 range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

My brothers moving so left me his old Vader Tie he had in a box for awhile. Missing buncha parts including the blocky front window, luckily I had a newer spare one laying around

Angry BIerds
Nov 3, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkHdgMOuuBs

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Oh man, my local lego store restocked for the holidays and it is a dangerous place. They have Titanic, the tall neck and the Delorean in stock.

Edit: although it’s a lot harder to pull the trigger on $200+ sets in the store vs online.

Edit again: turns out all three are in stock online so I did buy the ones other than the titanic.

smackfu fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Nov 19, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

a sexual elk posted:

My brothers moving so left me his old Vader Tie he had in a box for awhile. Missing buncha parts including the blocky front window, luckily I had a newer spare one laying around

Ah Vaders Tie, one of the coolest and most neglected SW ships. I skipped the last one because it was bundled with an A-Wing I didnt want and was kicking myself for years until I found a loose tie advanced one with only the ship, Vader and Moff Tarkin, which was everything I wanted from that set for only $30 on ebay. That was awesome.

Your mods make it look a little more like the newer one

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh cool, the 5x in store VIP points thing runs till the 28th. That's much easier, as I can't get to a store this weekend.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Andor Rocks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Is this....
A comint star destroyer?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

smackfu posted:

Oh man, my local lego store restocked for the holidays and it is a dangerous place. They have Titanic, the tall neck and the Delorean in stock.

Edit: although it’s a lot harder to pull the trigger on $200+ sets in the store vs online.

Edit again: turns out all three are in stock online so I did buy the ones other than the titanic.

The Titanic owns and is the best set ever

Veotax
May 16, 2006

HootTheOwl posted:

Is this....
A comint star destroyer?

Cantwell-class Arrestor Cruiser

Was an unused design for the Star Destroyer pitched for the original Star Wars. Appeared as an easter egg on a recruitment ad in Solo, just showed up for real in Andor.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

Is this....
A comint star destroyer?

Cantwell-Class Arrestor Cruiser from last episode of Andor, originally a Star Destroyer concept from the 70s

E: ^yeah

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
It's a signal destroyer, if you will.
It owns bones

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The Titanic owns and is the best set ever

It really is amazing!

Definitely my favorite set, though UCS Star Destroyer could take the spot once I finish it

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It really is amazing!

Definitely my favorite set, though UCS Star Destroyer could take the spot once I finish it

Nice Star Destroyer you got there, shame if someone used full sublight thrusters on it…

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Andor's some of the best Star Wars has ever been.

Veotax posted:

Cantwell-class Arrestor Cruiser

Was an unused design for the Star Destroyer pitched for the original Star Wars. Appeared as an easter egg on a recruitment ad in Solo, just showed up for real in Andor.

It also had a longer appearance in a deleted/unfinished scene in Solo where Han crashes his TIE into one.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

They gotta make a Fondor set, right?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Fondor Hauler is too good to not make a set. Plus the loving lightsabers.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Greebled it a bit

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Oh cool, the 5x in store VIP points thing runs till the 28th. That's much easier, as I can't get to a store this weekend.

Is that Both US and UK?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I was finally willing to break down and buy the Arquitens cruiser from Mando but it was out of stock. Saved from myself since I was doing it for the points and the baking set which I later learned would not have let me qualify.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

a sexual elk posted:

Greebled it a bit

Looks much better. I don't know the original but this looks great to me.

Also, just got the pieces in for my frog builds. 18 frogs total between the two of them!

Also also, there exists a blog called BrickNerd. You should check it out! They do a lot of deep dive style content like NewE, interspersed with a lot of local and community content like event coverage and interviews with prominent MOC builders, LEGO designers, and more. It's a really neat community full of extremely talented individuals, and it counts 4 or 5 LEGO employees amongst its writing staff, too. Anyway, their logo is basically a 2 x 2 red brick wearing glasses, and their contributing writers all design their own customized version of that logo as a sort of avatar. You can see a heap of 'em here. Here's one I whipped up:

this is my way of saying I will be writing for BrickNerd

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
That's juicy! Congratulations.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:pcgaming:

:frogon:

e: anyone ever noticed, that when you take the F of FROG and mirror it on the x-axis, then remove the middle stroke, add said stroke at the bottom of the R and remove the upper right and lower right stroke and now switch O and G, so the word now forms LEGO, you have the upper right and lower right stroke from the R left? Exactly like the space pieces LEGO gives you? Coincidence? I think not!

tuo fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 20, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Carbohydrates posted:

Cool builds, cool news.

I've ha Brick Nerd bookmarked for years. It's a good blog and you all should read it.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unloading some lego stuff to reduce the clutter in my life. Nothing super noteworthy, just a random collection of crap that fell into my hands over the years and I'll never do anything with.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4017967

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Don’t talk to me or my son ever again

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Some other minis I’ve done lately

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Those are all good but I really dig that Defiant

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

It had more of those blue grey pieces but had to steal them to make the Headhunter. I should also change out the gray on top to white

Pieces if you wanna make your own

Engine assembly under the plates, then they just tuck back

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 21, 2022

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those are all good but I really dig that Defiant

:hai:

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Carbohydrates posted:

Looks much better. I don't know the original but this looks great to me.

Also, just got the pieces in for my frog builds. 18 frogs total between the two of them!

Also also, there exists a blog called BrickNerd. You should check it out! They do a lot of deep dive style content like NewE, interspersed with a lot of local and community content like event coverage and interviews with prominent MOC builders, LEGO designers, and more. It's a really neat community full of extremely talented individuals, and it counts 4 or 5 LEGO employees amongst its writing staff, too. Anyway, their logo is basically a 2 x 2 red brick wearing glasses, and their contributing writers all design their own customized version of that logo as a sort of avatar. You can see a heap of 'em here. Here's one I whipped up:

That frog is truly the most versatile LEGO piece ever created.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lego Masters Australia has a Christmas special out now.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
You must build Santa's Chimney...

TO KALE SCALE!!!

-Kale comes out dressed as an Elf with measuring tape and a look of disgust at the contestants getting 24 hours to work on their entries.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Okay, how drat illegal is this? Because...it works wonderfully, is sturdy, and doesn't seem to stress any parts of the bricks...

Just to explain: the 2x2 round brick is fixed to a 1x2 plate modified with clamp by wedging the clamp through the stud cutout, then the building direction is reversed with the 2x2 round plates. The whole thing gets fixed again to a clamp to the main body and gains strength with the center axle and now...floats there on the two clamps. Never saw something like that, it owns...

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Yeah, I don't know exactly how known or obscure that bit of tech is, but this is one of the nicest integrations of it that I've personally seen. Whether or not it's legal is actually really an interesting question in this case, because the clip is not really doing any structural work once that axle gets pushed through the round pieces. I could see something like that slipping into a cheeky UCS set.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tuo posted:

Okay, how drat illegal is this? Because...it works wonderfully, is sturdy, and doesn't seem to stress any parts of the bricks...

Just to explain: the 2x2 round brick is fixed to a 1x2 plate modified with clamp by wedging the clamp through the stud cutout, then the building direction is reversed with the 2x2 round plates. The whole thing gets fixed again to a clamp to the main body and gains strength with the center axle and now...floats there on the two clamps. Never saw something like that, it owns...

Is this a B Wing MOC?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Yes, and a pretty awesome one as it seems. Bit fiddly on some parts, but overall every fun to build and looks really good so far

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18137/brickvault/b-wing-starfighter-minifig-scale/#details

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Those Brick Vault MOC instructions always look so freaking impressive. I've almost bought their Tie Defender so many times, but I've heard that they run Black Friday sales every year on their own site https://www.brickvault.toys/ so I've been patiently waiting to snag a few. I'm definitely interested in how that B-Wing turns out, also that connection is really awesome and I'm going to have to remember it.

I started building the used 5974 Galactic Enforcer that I won with a bunch of other Space Police III and Power Miners off of WhatNot and I gotta say some of these oldish parts are hilarious.
41766 Slope, Curved 8 x 2 x 2. This heckin chonker only appeared in 9 sets, with it being used mainly as a Slave 1 curved part.

They don't seem to go for very much on Bricklink and look like they could be pretty slick SNOT wall accents when vertically oriented for the hangar that I'm building. I love running into stuff like this that I completely missed during my dark years.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Leak of next CMF batch.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Legoleak/comments/z1asgp/cmf_series_24_descriptions_and_another_picture/
None that I have to have just based on the description. Will this be the first wave with boxes? I told myself that I'm not doing blind boxes on principal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

tuo posted:

Yes, and a pretty awesome one as it seems. Bit fiddly on some parts, but overall every fun to build and looks really good so far

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-18137/brickvault/b-wing-starfighter-minifig-scale/#details

Oh ok yeah I have seen that one. It’s very cool. I’d totally do some of those if it didn’t seem like it would cost a fortune.

The LEGO b wing suuucks. I have the big one too which is much cooler but I’ve always wanted a small one that is better than what LEGO makes.